Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,081 members, 7,821,718 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:12 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (490) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5975461 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (487) (488) (489) (490) (491) (492) (493) ... (2843) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:07pm On May 21, 2016
gottfried21:

Same people that tried to purchase Leapord Tanks and Those Cobra Helicopters from the Americans...Believe me when I say that they are capable of anything

Its all good news for the BDF then, let's see how it all plays out.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Centrifude(m): 12:12pm On May 21, 2016
Henry240:

60 guys versus a corps........ LOL!!!

You see why i say they are hollywood fairy-tales!!

Dude it's like you systemically pick what you choose to criticise, and you ignore everything else, the the story about the S.A.S and S.A Recces also Hollywood lies?

Anyway man let's just leave this alone, I was only asking why Drum Magazine weren't being used by most Armies, not about SF fighting hundreds of guys.

Google and the guys here answered that question so let's just forget abt it.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Centrifude(m): 12:18pm On May 21, 2016
patches689:
[size=15pt]BOTSWANA GROWS STRONGER
[/size]

Gripen + New Piranha + K2 Black Panther = Sweaty Generals in Defence HQ in Pretoria

Lol Oliphants for breakfast sad

I once spoke to a Tank Driver at the Rand Easter Show and he told us that they were Busy testing out the Leopard Tanks, and that was more than 2yrs ago. I wonder what happened to that.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:30pm On May 21, 2016
Henry240:
OFF TOPIC

UAE Abjan Special Operations Vehicle (SOV)

Nimr automative of the UAE has some really good-looking armoured vehicles, infact the entire UAE defence industry is growing well. It is nice to see a country of 2 million people produce multiple world-class defence products while many African countries(including Nigeria) are lagging behind or generally not doing anything.

the nimr2 version is build in algeria under license

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:39pm On May 21, 2016
Centrifude:

Anyway man let's just leave this alone, I was only asking why Drum Magazine weren't being used by most Armies, not about SF fighting hundreds of guys.

Google and the guys here answered that question so let's just forget abt it.

They are in use with Nigerian SF teams.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 12:39pm On May 21, 2016
giles14:
suicide?
hope u are jst joking ,beside I don't think Botswana can afford does k2's

Yes I am joking.

Really? 2 weeks ago we would have said that Botswana cannot afford Gripen
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:46pm On May 21, 2016
AMISOM

Nigerian police training Somali recruits in Kismayo

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 12:48pm On May 21, 2016
jteku:
Pix 1...PMB n OBJ running things then
Pix 2...Hmnmmmm.. Don't just like the looks of these guys
jeez!..lwkmf...dz guy en
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 12:50pm On May 21, 2016
Henry240:
AMISOM

Nigerian police training Somali recruits in Kismayo
dz contingent of Nigerian police in amisom always gimme joy and hope that d ones we have back home will become sensible too
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:53pm On May 21, 2016
chkil:

the nimr2 version is build in algeria under license
Yeah.... I know that.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:09pm On May 21, 2016
So i spotted the Saymar Multi-role Light Armoured Vehicle(MLAV) currently in use by some state police units in Nigeria.

I just couldn't help both wonder why the disturbing fixation on imported wares by Nigerians. How do you build local industry capacity if your taste in foreign goods is so high.

....... "Then it hit me", the massive drop in oil price is a blessing in disguise, Nigerian security agencies would have no choice but to first look at local alternatives for equipment before going abroad.

Saymar Musketeer MLAV (Israel) photo 1& 2

Proforce Defence Leopard LAV (Nigeria) photo 3 & 4

"Why buy from Israel, when you can get it here in Nigeria?"

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:51pm On May 21, 2016
Henry240:

60 guys versus a corps........ LOL!!!

You see why i say they are hollywood fairy-tales!!
zero bravo six was an eight-man British Army SAS patrol inserted behind enemy lines not 60,one of the core rules of special forces working behind enemy lines its to not engage the enemy.even after they were discovered and they couldn't radio the headquarter,they initiated their escape plans to syria (where only one member made it ).the little encounters they engaged iraq units were a series of hit and run while they made their escape to syria
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Whyem15: 3:44pm On May 21, 2016
Hi guys,i have been following this thread for over two years now(as a guest and sometimes with my acc),its a really nice thread.
I will like to know the opinions of you guys in the recent pipeline vandalism issue,what do you think the government can do?,
I think wr should support the government, he his not leaving until 2019 or probably 2022,he is already in,we should support him for now at least so that the nation can progress,this same people blowing up pipeline were alive and suffering during Jonathan's time and yet they weren't destroying pipelines and confronting the government, just because you do not like him doesn't mean you should be sabotaging his government, why not wait till 2019 and vote him out,the country is now generating less than 1.2million barrels of oil per day and the economy is in recession just because of their actions. It is going to affect every one at last
So what will you advice the government to do

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by rugged7(m): 4:15pm On May 21, 2016
If you keep bringing Buhari vs Jonathan issues here.
Then there is going to be a problem and this thread will be derailed.
a lot of people do not like Jonathan
A lot of people also do not like Buhari
Personally, i dislike both
So i would advise u keep politics out of here
And stick to purely military/security issues...

Whyem15:
Hi guys,i have been following this thread for over two years now(as a guest and sometimes with my acc),its a really nice thread.
I will like to know the opinions of you guys in the recent pipeline vandalism issue,what do you think the government can do?,
I think wr should support the government, he his not leaving until 2019 or probably 2022,he is already in,we should support him for now at least so that the nation can progress,this same people blowing up pipeline were alive and suffering during Jonathan's time and yet they weren't destroying pipelines and confronting the government, just because you do not like him doesn't mean you should be sabotaging his government, why not wait till 2019 and vote him out,the country is now generating less than 1.2million barrels of oil per day and the economy is in recession just because of their actions. It is going to affect every one at last

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by M14A1: 4:18pm On May 21, 2016
Whyem15:
dialogue

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 4:25pm On May 21, 2016
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:25pm On May 21, 2016
africaken254:
zero bravo six was an eight-man British Army SAS patrol inserted behind enemy lines not 60,one of the core rules of special forces working behind enemy lines its to not engage the enemy.even after they were discovered and they couldn't radio the headquarter,they initiated their escape plans to syria (where only one member made it ).the little encounters they engaged iraq units were a series of hit and run while they made their escape to syria

Well apparently not according to Centrifude. According to him, it is 60 armed men fighting against 100,000.

I have that documentary. A Nat Geo documentary on their failed mission.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:38pm On May 21, 2016
Whyem15:

Stop bringing in politics into contributions. It usually doesn't end well, keep it security related.

Dialogue is the only way forward, those pipeline contracts under GEJ served a purpose, not only to protect the pipelines but ensure that the youths of the areas are kept occupied.

When the contracts were in place, Nigeria produced over 2.8 million barrels per day. The Buhari led F.G has to sit down and talk to them, explain things, then chart a way forward.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by chinese8107: 5:39pm On May 21, 2016
Henry240:
Chinese8107, I'm guessing you are actually a Chinese national?

Do you have a photo of Poly-Technologies Light Strike Vehicle (SFV)?

Yes I am Chinese

UAE just perchased VP11 4×4 MRAP
but made by NORINCO not Poly-Tech

As for Poly-Tech they have many SFVs among them Type12P 4×4 MRAP, Type15P 105mm Air borne howizer,VN3B LAV, Air borne scpot car ...ect

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:44pm On May 21, 2016
SAAF Gripen

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:55pm On May 21, 2016
Finally an armed SANDF MRAP

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:05pm On May 21, 2016
chinese8107:

Yes I am Chinese

UAE just perchased VP11 4×4 MRAP
but made by NORINCO not Poly-Tech

As for Poly-Tech they have many SFVs among them Type12P 4×4 MRAP, Type15P 105mm Air borne howizer,VN3B LAV, Air borne scpot car ...ect

Alright, I'm referring to a particular Poly-Tech Special Forces Vehicle. It looks similar to the German Serval SPV or French Panhad SPV.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by chinese8107: 7:21pm On May 21, 2016
Henry240:

Alright, I'm referring to a particular Poly-Tech Special Forces Vehicle. It looks similar to the German Serval SPV or French Panhad SPV.

Is that NORINCO VN3 or something ? What does German Serval SPV or French Panhad SPV look like ?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:29pm On May 21, 2016
chinese8107:

Is that NORINCO VN3 or something ? What does German Serval SPV or French Panhad SPV look like ?

Here's what they look like, Serval and Panhard.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by chinese8107: 8:05pm On May 21, 2016
Henry240:

Here's what they look like, Serval and Panhard.

I think China doesn't have what looks like Serval or Panhard, but have something like US Hamvee copy

they are made by

1 pic : dongfeng motor
2 pic : xiaolong auto(Poly-tech)
3 , 4 pic : dongfeng motor

3 ,4 pic is the latest improved version the V-hull and strengthen matrial

In fact Poly-tech is a distributor

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by rugged7(m): 8:06pm On May 21, 2016
1. Commander #OperationLafiyaDole Maj. Gen. Lucky Irabor
2.CAS, CDS, COAS

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gottfried21(m): 8:13pm On May 21, 2016
chinese8107:

I think China doesn't have what looks like Serval or Panhard, but have something like US Hamvee copy

they are made by

2 pic : xiaolong (Poly-tech)
3 pic : dongfeng motor

3 pic is the latest improved version the V-hull and strengthen matrial

Namibia has 5 of these(I've seen them wink)They're undergoing trials in the desert
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:16pm On May 21, 2016
chinese8107:

they are made by

2 pic : xiaolong (Poly-tech)
3 pic : dongfeng motor

3 pic is the latest improved version the V-hull and strengthen matrial

Great! It's the Xiaolong i've been trying to recall. I caught a glimpse of an armed Xiaolong in a video, it looked very good.

The dongfeng is an LAV not really an SPV.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:28pm On May 21, 2016
Mers-el-Kébir Algeria , the largest naval base in the Mediterranean build under a mountain and can resist to nuclear weapons attack a strategic base

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:30pm On May 21, 2016
chinese8107:

nin hao! Wo bu xiang sin ni shi Zhong guo ren. Ni shi na yi bu fen Zhong guo? Wo shi Cai Wen Bin. Wo cong Niriliya lai. Wo you hen duo peng you. Ta men shi Zhong guo ren. Ta men cong Si Chuang, Guang Dong, Tian Jin he Urum qi lai.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:33pm On May 21, 2016
Nigerian Army Commando.

Knock, Knock..........

.........Who's there....

........... Freedom, Murrafuckerr!!!

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:40pm On May 21, 2016
Nigerian Commando

(1) (2) (3) ... (487) (488) (489) (490) (491) (492) (493) ... (2843) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.