Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,864 members, 7,810,292 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:55 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (492) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5950983 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (489) (490) (491) (492) (493) (494) (495) ... (2841) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:43pm On May 22, 2016
Henry240:

He's using google translate, anybody can type any language with google translate.

haha! Why don't you copy some of my texts or his' and google translate it and see if you will get a translation. You won't! The reason is: there are no tones at the top of the "Pinyin" (transliteration) we are using to communicate here and until you put the tones, the google mechanism cannot decipher what you actually mean.

There are reasons for me to be sure he knows i am not fake.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:49pm On May 22, 2016
craziebone:

haha! Why don't you copy some of my texts or his' and google translate it and see if you will get a translation. You won't! The reason is: there are no tones at the top of the "Pinyin" (transliteration) we are using to communicate here and until you put the tones, the google mechanism cannot decipher what you actually mean.

Okay.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:00pm On May 22, 2016
Henry240:

Okay.

anyway, i saw the MOWAK up close some weeks ago. The driver was a real guide on the day explaining to us things about the vehicle. There was a time it was used in an operation and it got hit by an AA. It was been used for perimetre patrol at the camp.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:06pm On May 22, 2016
Oldies - Algerian air force , Mig 21

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 2:23pm On May 22, 2016
chkil:
Oldies Algerian air force , Mig 21

"Now men, this is where my ex-wife was last spotted... we are going to come in low and fast, drop the bombs and get out quick, I dont expect all of you to make it - even at Mach 1 you will not be safe from her"

12 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:31pm On May 22, 2016
@chinese 8107 how did you find this site?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by chinese8107: 2:47pm On May 22, 2016
craziebone:
@chinese 8107 how did you find this site?

i don't rember maybe just surfing some pics like boko by searching engine
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by rugged7(m): 4:24pm On May 22, 2016
Or we can look at the disadvantages of waiting 5 years for congress to give consent for a transfer....

Wake up, stop kissing american a$$ and find a more feasible option and a more reliable partner.

Henry240:

You're taking this Super-Tucano thing to literally. They shouldn't shove anything anywhere, it should be transfered/sold or whatever to Nigeria.

Let's look at the advantages of having the Tucano, plus it's a transfer.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:13pm On May 22, 2016
rugged7:
Or we can look at the disadvantages of waiting 5 years for congress to give consent for a transfer....

Wake up, stop kissing american a$$ and find a more feasible option and a more reliable partner.

If it's actually a transfer, then there is nothing to lose. It's getting an asset that's capable for the LICW we currently face, for free.

We got both NNS Thunder and NNS Okpabana from the U.S, in 2010 NAF 917 (a Nigerian C-130) was completely refurbished in Portugal and paid for by the Americans.

Interests over personal feelings.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Seened: 5:14pm On May 22, 2016
patches689:

"Now men, this is where my ex-wife was last spotted... we are going to come in low and fast, drop the bombs and get out quick, I dont expect all of you to make it - even at Mach 1 you will not be safe from her"

This man. LOL.

Patches your humor is exemplary cheesy

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 6:11pm On May 22, 2016
Seened:

This man. LOL.

Patches your humor is exemplary cheesy

Doing my part to keep the threads espirite-de-corps going

7 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by chinese8107: 10:42pm On May 22, 2016
Henry240:
OFF TOPIC

UAE Abjan Special Operations Vehicle (SOV)

Nimr automative of the UAE has some really good-looking armoured vehicles, infact the entire UAE defence industry is growing well. It is nice to see a country of 2 million people produce multiple world-class defence products while many African countries(including Nigeria) are lagging behind or generally not doing anything.

this vehicle looks good in shape.but is it too high in the front face? Isn' it a modified humvee or xiaolong with higher bottum deck adjustment ? Of course it depends on the users' desert enviroment and favor. If they think it's OK there is no problem. in fact UAE's defence industry combine technology from different countries the engine is bought from somewhere,the transmisson is bought from somewhere as they as money to do so.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:03pm On May 22, 2016
chinese8107:

any video about its off road performance?
I haven't seen any video yet.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:11pm On May 22, 2016
chinese8107:

this vehicle looks good in shape.but is it too high in the front face? Isn' it a modified humvee or xiaolong with higher bottum deck adjustment ? Of course it depends on the users' desert enviroment and favor. If they think it's OK there is no problem. in fact UAE's defence industry combine technology from different countries the engine is bought from somewhere,the transmisson is bought from somewhere as they as money to do so.

They sell quite a lot of Nimr APCs in the Middle-East & North-Africa region. It's an original Emarati vehicle, not a copy. I've seen a couple units in Yemen.

As far the UAE defence industry, that's practically what every other defence manufacturer does.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by chinese8107: 3:59am On May 23, 2016
Henry240:

They sell quite a lot of Nimr APCs in the Middle-East & North-Africa region. It's an original Emarati vehicle, not a copy. I've seen a couple units in Yemen.

As far the UAE defence industry, that's practically what every other defence manufacturer does.

they don't have to copy.A copy or clone means Reverse engineering whithout permit when the original technology is blocked. Instead they buy,just change a little bit of the frame with some add-ons .

yes this industry is full of it, either a buying TOT(tansfer of technology) or a reverse engineering.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:57am On May 23, 2016
rugged7:

@rugged7 you need to understand America like any other democracy it has morons,what ever that politician is saying its his own opinion .america was funding the colombia military even thou they knew what the colombia paramilitary groups were doing
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:05am On May 23, 2016
Kenya threatens to pull troops out of Somalia

Kenya may withdraw its troops from Somalia if the international community does not plug funding gaps for the operation, President Uhuru Kenyatta has warned.

At a meeting with envoys from the UN Security Council on Friday, the President told the diplomats that funding cuts to the African Union Mission in Somalia (Amisom) will not be filled by participating countries.

“As one of Amisom’s major troop contributing countries, Kenya is questioning whether it was worth the huge cost. [President] Kenyatta asserted that Amisom was not getting the support it needed in terms of resources and equipment, and argued that the UN needed to take on a much greater role,” the UN Security Council Report, an online bulletin by the Council stated on Friday.

“Referring to the recent cuts in EU support, he said it was not Kenya’s role to close the funding gap and the logical conclusion would be for Kenya to pull out its troops.”

The President also defended the Kenya Defence Forces from accusations by a team of UN investigators that they were engaging in illegal activities.

“Kenyatta also raised the issue of accusations against Kenyan troops being involved in trafficking of charcoal and other goods in Somalia, saying that if people did not appreciate what they were doing, there was no reason for them to stay.”

The diplomats from the UN’s most powerful body met President Kenyatta to discuss the planned repatriation of Somali refugees, regional security and Somalia stabilisation plan.

Egyptian Permanent Representative to the UN and current UNSC President Abedellatif Aboulatta and other envoys were told the international community was doing little.
read more http://www.nation.co.ke/news/Kenya-threatens-to-pull-troops-out-of-Somalia/-/1056/3213588/-/b9ap5wz/-/index.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:27am On May 23, 2016
it looks like now south africa will now need to have a strong interest on its neighbour Mozambique,considering very soon they will be getting gas from them

SACOIL gas pipeline to connect SA & Mozambique

ABN – Independent South African oil and gas company SACOIL Holdings has announced plans to build a 2,600-kilometre gas pipeline connecting gas fields in South Africa and Mozambique.

The US$6 billion pipeline is intended to harness the commercial potential of gas reserves discovered in the Rovuma sedimentary basin in the Mozambican province of Cabo Delgado.

Under a joint development agreement, Mozambique’s National Institute for Management of State Holdings (IGEPE) and South Africa’s Investment Corporation SOC Limited (PIC) will conduct the technical and commercial feasibility study for the project.

SACOIL said in a statement: “Power production at thermal power plants, as well as the supply of gas to industries, domestic consumption and vehicles, are some of the objectives that will be evaluated by the feasibility study, which will outline the potential of natural gas as clean energy to reduce carbon emissions and associated environmental effect.”
read more http://www.africanbusinessnetwork.co.za/index.php/blog/construction/226-sacoil-gas-pipeline-to-connect-sa-mozambique
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jteku(m): 7:31am On May 23, 2016
Naija

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jteku(m): 7:33am On May 23, 2016
More

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ssaengine: 8:47am On May 23, 2016
Pic by Doug Drysdale

SAS Amatola returning to base. South African Navy.
Red covers on tubes supposedly means they are armed.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by chinese8107: 9:17am On May 23, 2016
craziebone:

Yes .How long have you learnt it? but can not write many. ni hui xie duo sao han zi?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:48pm On May 23, 2016
it looks like either ISIS or Alshabaab want to seriously set base in tanzania with the recent attacks and jihadist propaganda video

3 killed in an attack in N Tanzania mosque

DAR ES SALAAM, May 19 (Xinhua) -- A group of gangsters on Wednesday night stormed a mosque in Tanzania's northern region of Mwanza, killing three people, including the leader of the mosque, police have said.

Ahmed Msangi, the Mwanza regional police commander, said the trio was hacked to death by sharp objects believed to be machetes.

A 13-year-old boy was wounded as he tried to get out of the mosque using the women's entrance. He has been rushed to the Nyamagana district hospital.

Two survivors of the attack said the gangsters displayed a black flag with white words reading "Islamic State".

"They were about 15, and had covered their faces with masks when they stormed into the mosque," said the survivors.

"The attackers switched off lights in the mosque before they started ordering children to walk out through a rear door usually used by women," said one of the survivors, Abubakar Makabwe.

"Before they began slashing our colleagues, they asked us why we were in the mosque while our fellow believers were in police custody," added Makabwe.

Another survivor, Ridhwan Abdallah, said it appeared to be a woman who ordered the killings.

"It was a woman, according to the voice, who ordered that the leader of mosque should be the first to be killed," said Abdallah.

Police identified the leader of the Rahman mosque as Feruz Ismail, 27, and the two others killed as Mbwana Rajab, 40, and Khamisi Mponda, 28.
read more http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2016-05/20/c_135373210.htm
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:49pm On May 23, 2016
chinese8107:

Yes .How long have you learnt it? but can not write many. ni hui xie duo sao han zi?

wo xue han yu cong 2013 nian dao xian zai! Wo zheng zai xue han yu. Xian zai wo zai er nian ji.

Ni shuo de bu shi "duo SAO" shi "duo SHAO" ma?

Wo bu hui xie hen duo han zi. Wo zhi dao about san bai ci, ke shi wo bu hui xie dou zi. Wo hui xie dou san bai ci de pinyin.

Lol hope i haven't been totally awful in my mandarin?

Actually i am always on and off; not like all through the time i started till now, i have constantly been on it. I study it in a different city from the city where my university is. At most in a year, i don't have more than 16 classes. The people with whom i started, are now in Beijin on scholarship.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:08pm On May 23, 2016
instead of derailing this thread, why don't we talk back stage?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by chinese8107: 1:20pm On May 23, 2016
craziebone:

wo xue han yu cong 2013 nian dao xian zai! Wo zheng zai xue han yu. Xian zai wo zai er nian ji.

Ni shuo de bu shi "duo SAO" shi "duo SHAO" ma?

Wo bu hui xie hen duo han zi. Wo zhi dao about san bai ci, ke shi wo bu hui xie dou zi. Wo hui xie dou san bai ci de pinyin.

Lol hope i haven't been totally awful in my mandarin?
yes that 's a spelling erro , 300 words ? really awful. so it's better to speak in English now.yes that's too much off topic
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:50pm On May 23, 2016
ssaengine:
Pic by Doug Drysdale

SAS Amatola returning to base. South African Navy.
Red covers on tubes supposedly means they are armed.

Where's her dual purpose 35mm gun??
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jteku(m): 3:57pm On May 23, 2016
Naija coin

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Seened: 4:20pm On May 23, 2016
Nigerian Navy builds tugboat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDShjobVpA0

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:20pm On May 23, 2016
Seened:
Nigerian Navy builds tugboat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDShjobVpA0

It's a nice looking Tugboat, however, why does it take the military so long to build this stuff. I mean we've been this boat for the past 3 years. A project which shouldn't take more than 6 months to build.

I posted a photo of this vessel while under-construction 3 years ago.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by iblawi(m): 7:21pm On May 23, 2016
Henry240:

It's a nice looking Tugboat, however, why does it take the military so long to build this stuff. I mean we've been this boat for the past 3 years. A project which shouldn't take more than 6 months to build.

maybe it was undergoing some testing and modification.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 8:33pm On May 23, 2016
Henry240:

The picture of the tugboat looks much more smaller in the picture. The tugboat in the video I watched looks bigger.............

(1) (2) (3) ... (489) (490) (491) (492) (493) (494) (495) ... (2841) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.