Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,729 members, 7,851,514 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 09:08 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (509) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6016797 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (506) (507) (508) (509) (510) (511) (512) ... (2850) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:44am On Jun 11, 2016
Henry240:

I dey wonder if na "otumokpo" dem use defend the place gringrin. Nothing 2 show say dem weight reach.

If our boys look like this, na another Dasukigate investigation government go launch.
lolz
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 8:51am On Jun 11, 2016
Henry240:

I dey wonder if na "otumokpo" dem use defend the place gringrin. Nothing 2 show say dem weight reach.

If our boys look like this, na another Dasukigate investigation government go launch.

NAA waa for u oh...... grin grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 8:52am On Jun 11, 2016
BATTLE READY

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:59am On Jun 11, 2016
Damn NAF Alpha jets are so Fvcking fast!!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:02am On Jun 11, 2016
bidexiii:

NAA waa for u oh...... grin grin
U dey laugh? Ok tell me how e use happen if no be jazz? grin grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 9:02am On Jun 11, 2016
Henry240:
Damn NAF Alpha jets are so Fvcking fast!!

Someone made mention of it when they where deployed to port harcourt.

Did u witness it ur self... grin,
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:06am On Jun 11, 2016
bidexiii:

Someone made mention of it when they where deployed to port harcourt.

Did u witness it ur self... grin,

Damn!!! I witnessed 4 fly-by's in quick succession this morning.

Before i could say Jack, they were already in the clouds.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:09am On Jun 11, 2016
AMISOM

Nigeria Police
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 9:10am On Jun 11, 2016
Henry240:

Damn!!! I witnessed 4 fly-by's in quick succession this morning.

Before i could say Jack, they were already in the clouds.

..... shocked grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:16am On Jun 11, 2016
Henry240:
Africaken254, very beautiful photos.

Looking at those Ethiopians, the look so unassuming, nothing spectacular, however the result from the spectacular base defence gives credence to the expression "you don't judge a book by it's cover".
whole platoons and companies have being wiped out in out posts with soldiers geared body armour and helmet and even better armed than this Ethiopian soldiers.looking at that out post its unbelievable (shelters and fighting positions made up piled rocks) they defended themselves from such an assault
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 9:16am On Jun 11, 2016
Henry that leaves me with the question

How do the BHT AAG's shoot down those fighter jet, especially the f7
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by giles14(m): 9:25am On Jun 11, 2016
Henry240:

J-31 is 5 GEN.
I know it's 5 gen but can it stand d rafale,typhoon m even d SU 35,had it been the j-20 no prob
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by giles14(m): 9:30am On Jun 11, 2016
bidexiii:

well i might not be correct but I think wen u about to drop off the bomb u slow down, so I think the bht uses dat window to shoot it down
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:42am On Jun 11, 2016
africaken254:
whole platoons and companies have being wiped out in out posts with soldiers geared body armour and helmet and even better armed than this Ethiopian soldiers.looking at that out post its unbelievable (shelters and fighting positions made up piled rocks) they defended themselves from such an assault

My point, EXACTLY!!!

We(Nigerians) were discussing the exact same thing. It's quite unfortunate for the rest of the militaries engaged in operations in Africa. If a severely poorly equipped Ethiopian Army/ outpost could be so well defended with the enemy hopelessly damaged and scared, why are the others, Nigerians even complaining.

The outposts of Uganda and Kenya sacked by militants were much more well equipped than this, in Nigeria Baga is a MultiNational Joint Task Force base with literally tons of light and heavy equipment with atleast 6 APCs, yet it was completely sacked.

In truth, this calls for a sober reflection, i salute the Ethiopian gallantry.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:51am On Jun 11, 2016
bidexiii:

I think they are ambushed, only an Alpha jet has been shot-down not F-7s.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:57am On Jun 11, 2016
giles14:
I know it's 5 gen but can it stand d rafale,typhoon m even d SU 35,had it been the j-20 no prob

J-20 isn't for sale. The J-31 is still un-development, so until the production jet is official launched, we cannot say. However a mix of JF-17s and. J-31 seems a realistic target.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by upko1: 10:01am On Jun 11, 2016
Why is nobody reporting this incredible alpha jet flyovers, with mad barrel rolls cool
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:04am On Jun 11, 2016
africaken254:
whole

Any details of what was captured by the EDF, i mean specifics?

Could you share the exact specifics of the weapons and communications equipment captured?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:10am On Jun 11, 2016
Henry240:

My point, EXACTLY!!!

We(Nigerians) were discussing the exact same thing. It's quite unfortunate for the rest of the militaries engaged in operations in Africa. If a severely poorly equipped Ethiopian Army/ outpost could be so well defended with the enemy hopelessly damaged and scared, why are the others, Nigerians even complaining.

The outposts of Uganda and Kenya sacked by militants were much more well equipped than this, in Nigeria Baga is a MultiNational Joint Task Force base with literally tons of light and heavy equipment with atleast 6 APCs, yet it was completely sacked.

In truth, this calls for a sober reflection, i salute the Ethiopian gallantry.
Our armies have become institution where people go to enrich themselves ,the true ideals of soldiering have died .compare with the rest of subsahara africa countries,ethiopia spends the least on defence ($ 300 million dollars)
look at those ethiopian soldiers they very physically fit not like our soldiers,after basic training especially the officers .their waistline starts getting buggers.also we lack patriotism and most join because there was no other job they could find
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:29am On Jun 11, 2016
Henry240:

Any details of what was captured by the EDF, i mean specifics?

Could you share the exact specifics of the weapons and communications equipment captured?
5 BT10, 10 RPGs, 13 PKMs, 101 AK47, 5 hand-held radio
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:03am On Jun 11, 2016
edit.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:16am On Jun 11, 2016
upko1:
Why is nobody reporting this incredible alpha jet flyovers, with mad barrel rolls cool
. because we don see am tire cool , my popsi flies the Alpha .
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:28am On Jun 11, 2016
algerian army and gendarms special force mix: training , preselection test for recruitment , public show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgMTGTUl1dE
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by upko1: 11:31am On Jun 11, 2016
Nigerdeltaboi:
. because we don see am tire cool , my popsi flies the Alpha .
We wey dey PHC no dey always see fast movers Na.
Only sluggish hind dey entertain us. cheesy
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:42am On Jun 11, 2016
WARNING GRAPHIC:dead alshabaab left on the battle field by their cowards companions

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 12:32pm On Jun 11, 2016
africaken254:
WARNING GRAPHIC:dead alshabaab left on the battle field by their cowards companions

Wow they met there water loo.
Troops at that base should not Lower there guard and they should be vigilant. These people militant would want a pay back. cool
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:36pm On Jun 11, 2016
upko1:

We wey dey PHC no dey always see fast movers Na.
Only sluggish hind dey entertain us. cheesy
lols you are sure to see fast movers in cites like makurdi ,kano, kanji ,yola etc
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:17pm On Jun 11, 2016
africaken254:
5 BT10, 10 RPGs, 13 PKMs, 101 AK47, 5 hand-held radio

Wow!! In just one engagement..... It's a very laudable feat.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:18pm On Jun 11, 2016
africaken254:

Isn't the guy in the 3rd photo Arab? He has brown skin.

EDF Soldier

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:28pm On Jun 11, 2016
Nigeria COIN

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Katyusha(m): 4:45pm On Jun 11, 2016
Henry240:

18 JF-17s and the J-31 when it finally enters production is a more likely Air Force we should aspire to. Although like i've previously stated, the J-10B would have been a more preferable choice for me.
grin J-31...I doubt the French will let such a deal take place...so as not to make thier "colonies" jittery..Stealth tech up for grabs? Talk about killing the stealth technology monopoly for them Yanks. The J-10 on the other hand, is not bad atall..quite comparable to even the F-16 Block 50s if you ask me.

(1) (2) (3) ... (506) (507) (508) (509) (510) (511) (512) ... (2850) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.