Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,205 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:43 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (553) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5950588 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (550) (551) (552) (553) (554) (555) (556) ... (2841) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jul 23, 2016
Odunayaw:
these look like the AMEBOs...the difference btwn the amebo & d gulma is the former has a ball-like face while the latter is quite pointy

I agree, that the first thing i noticed.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 5:01pm On Jul 23, 2016
Henry240:

Quota system is very important. It allows all members of the country feel a sense of inclusiveness. If everyone understands they have a stake in a project, there would be more purpose and dedication to taking care of tasks.

For sensitive positions you pick the best, however those positions have to also represent the demographics of the country.

Problem is that when you base things off of diversity, it means that merit is no longer the most saught after quality - and the effectiveness of the organization reflects that.

There is a guy called Charles C. Johnson, who bets against companies on the stock market... specifically, he bets against companies that implement quota systems. He has made millions.

Hoefyster turrets

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jul 23, 2016
Henry240:

Streit group APCs are sh1t and have always been. I wonder how the managed to rack up so many sales.
are you the one criticing people who are saying T-72 are death traps !from reading announcements and watching videos from their website streit group is still selling MRAP's and APC's
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 5:04pm On Jul 23, 2016
Henry240:

The Kornet clearly won, this really shuts guys who keep trash talking the T-72 up.

No it doesnt.

16 years of continuous combat and you have one video of an Abrams suffering a catastrophic failure?

T-72's pop their turrets every time they see combat.

Big difference

Rhodesian tank crew and their stolen tank (google it)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 5:06pm On Jul 23, 2016
Henry240:

However to pull such a feat, other participating countries would have to pull their weight, which sadly is impossible. Asides RSA and Angola no other country in SADAC has that financially muscle to put much of a dent on general production cost.

Angola is pro-Russia, so the financial burden would always fall on RSA, nothing would dramatically change if smaller SADAC states join in.

Op Biro is for 6 ships, getting SADAC nations to buy just 3 more means that we would have a 50% increase in production which will work out at "sunk costs" dropping by up to 1/3 (or more) bringing down the average cost of the ships significantly.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jul 23, 2016
Henry240:

The Kornet clearly won, this really shuts guys who keep trash talking the T-72 up.
it could also be a saudi M60 Patton Tank
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:17pm On Jul 23, 2016
Egypt offers assistance to Somali military

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVnPPlNNj-A
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:28pm On Jul 23, 2016
a US Special Op Ground Mobility Vehicle (modified HMMWV) being loaded into a C-130 in juba ,as americans depart south sudan

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZA: 5:34pm On Jul 23, 2016
chkil:
Algerian Air Force UAV use the Seeker II and Seeker 400 from the south african (Denel Dynamics )
Seeker II in the pictures.

I don't think the 400 is in service with any nation.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZA: 5:46pm On Jul 23, 2016
Odunayaw:
judging from our history...Sukhois and their operational costs?..NAF logistics command would shoot d idea dead
we can only start seeing them if some1 like cameroon decides to get rafales(which we know is impossible)

I would prefer we invest in SAMs...2 batteries of HQ-9 SAMs and 4 AKASH systems will make even a major power think twice b4 sending its pilots to vahalal
Even if Nigeria acquired 20 batteries of the HQ-9 major powers would still be able to turn your armed forces into rebels within two weeks.

Medium range missiles are perfect for our needs in Africa. An example is the Pantsir-S1 system.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:48pm On Jul 23, 2016
Patchesagain:

No it doesnt.

16 years of continuous combat and you have one video of an Abrams suffering a catastrophic failure?

Big difference

one video in 16 years ha ha ha , their is a lot of pics and video of abrams destroyed in Iraq (US lost some 200 abrams in iraq war) , or merkava in libanon ect .. google it

if we see more t72 detroyed that's because more poor country are engaged in war and insurgency ,and don't talk about USA vs small fry Apache VS t72, now days with modern RPG's , it's more easy to destroy tanks and when we see a country engage it's western tank likeabrams , it's the same result ! we can see the saudian attack against yemen result or israelian merkava againt libanon . or irakian abrams destroyed every day .

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 6:29pm On Jul 23, 2016
MikeCZA:
Even if Nigeria acquired 20 batteries of the HQ-9 major powers would still be able to turn your armed forces into rebels within two weeks.

Medium range missiles are perfect for our needs in Africa. An example is the Pantsir-S1 system.
I didn't say long range SAMs will make them shit in their pants tho

truly...Medium range SAMs r d way ,the future and the life
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:33pm On Jul 23, 2016
Patchesagain:

Problem is that when you base things off of diversity, it means that merit is no longer the most saught after quality - and the effectiveness of the organization reflects that.

There is a guy called Charles C. Johnson, who bets against companies on the stock market... specifically, he bets against companies that implement quota systems. He has made millions.

Hoefyster turrets

No, that's not the point. Demographics must and should come into play in a diverse society. No one can claim that only a certain type of people can do well in certain types of jobs. There is always going to be a significant pool of diverse individuals to choose from.

In a public institution, particular reference to public, every individual must be carried along, a diversity in public institution must be taken as a matter of national security.

Charles C johnson is completely irrelevant fellow, especially when we consider that the sidelining of ethnic Sunni in Iraq by the U.S is directly responsible for ISIS, the deaths of hundreds of thousands of Iraqis and the general state of insecurity in Iraq. Apartheid South-Africa is also a good example whay demographics must be taken as a National Security concern.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jul 23, 2016
Patchesagain:

No it doesnt.

Big difference

Chikl has appropriately responded.

Attacking a 3rd world country with your most hi-tech equipment doesn't seem much of a victory. Squaring off against Russian army T-72B3 and T-90s would be an appropriate base for an assessment.

We all know how beautifully Russian T-90 (basically upgraded T-72s) have operated in Syria.

Nigerian Army T-72AV hit by multiple VBIEDs.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:47pm On Jul 23, 2016
Guys after like 2 years of watching I finally decided to give it a try (post stuff here)

Chadian Air Force SU-25
Chadian Air Force Mi-17
I'm not sure what the trainer/light attack plane is maybe a PC-9

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 8:07pm On Jul 23, 2016
jakeporeshenko:
Guys after like 2 years of watching I finally decided to give it a try (post stuff here)

Chadian Air Force SU-25
Chadian Air Force Mi-17

It's being years now, the chadian airforce still make use PMC to fly those Su-25 birds.

Just asking?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:27pm On Jul 23, 2016
bidexiii:

It's being years now, the chadian airforce still make use PMC to fly those Su-25 birds.
Just asking?
yeah I believe they still do, these pictures are quite recent. I can't assure you though.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jul 23, 2016
@Gottfried

The REVA FAV we received is being operated by the marines?Or they loaned everything they had on display from the Army?

Having watched the news clip u really gotta speed up your friend this time around grin wanna watch the full thing.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jul 23, 2016
jakeporeshenko:

Chadian Air Force SU-25
Chadian Air Force Mi-17

Welcome to the show, a little bit of your background/introduction (your country) would be nice. We are quite a diverse group of individuals here.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:35pm On Jul 23, 2016
MikeCZA:

but with good air defense system (short , medium, long range) mobile systems , even major powers will think twice before send their birds poop on this country , and will expect to lose some lives and planes ! and the most important they will not free to target what they want ! this will limit their military operation .

if nigeria have for exemple some S300, HQ9 , panstir , Tor m2 ,Buk m2 ect .. mobile systems , any pilote in any modern jet fighter , will be afraid when he hears the alarm of a radar detection ! we can see the Kosovo experience for exemple
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 9:41pm On Jul 23, 2016
chkil:

but with good air defense system (short , medium, long range) mobile systems , even major powers will think twice before send their birds poop on this country , and will expect to lose some lives and planes ! and the most important they will not free to target what they want ! this will limit their military operation .

if nigeria have for exemple some S300, HQ9 , panstir , Tor m2 ,Buk m2 ect .. systems , any pilote in any modern jet fighter , will be afraid when he hears the alarm of a radar detection ! we can see the Kosovo experience for exemple
thanks for expatiating my thoughts
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:46pm On Jul 23, 2016
Odunayaw:
thanks for expatiating my thoughts

I find this comment to be quite hilarious. So you poured out raw data in your earlier post?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 9:50pm On Jul 23, 2016
Henry240:

I find this comment to be quite hilarious. So you poured out raw data in your earlier post?
lol..I said my thoughts
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:54pm On Jul 23, 2016
Odunayaw:
lol..I said my thoughts

Lol.... I know you said thoughts, however it was raw data, not quite articulated to push across your argument.

I remember something similar happening to me in real-life, that's why i'm finding it quite amusing.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 9:58pm On Jul 23, 2016
Henry240:

Lol.... I know you said thoughts, however it was raw data, not quite articulated to push across your argument.

I remember something similar happening to me in real-life, that's why i'm finding it quite amusing.
lol ..ok man
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:56pm On Jul 23, 2016
More Chadian Air Force pics.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:04pm On Jul 23, 2016
Henry240:

Welcome to the show, a little bit of your background/introduction (your country) would be nice. We are quite a diverse group of individuals here.
thanks man, I'm Nigerian and yeah I know there's a good amount of contributors on this thread, I run the @Nigerian_armed.forces IG page. I also follow bidexxis thread with passion, to be honest both threads are a bit addictive.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:50pm On Jul 23, 2016
jakeporeshenko:
thanks man, I'm Nigerian and yeah I know there's a good amount of contributors on this thread, I run the @Nigerian_armed.forces IG page. I also follow bidexxis thread with passion, to be honest both threads are a bit addictive.

Lmao..... I know you very well, welcome to the party........ Not like you ever missed the party anyway. Dakingsman, he runs the Nigerian_military_history IG page, he's also here. I hope you don't quit updating your IG page though, i notice NAFHQ also follows your page.

We all compliment each other.

Come on, Let's see what you got!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:52pm On Jul 23, 2016
Beautiful photo of RSA Denel Seeker II taking off.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:05am On Jul 24, 2016
Henry240:

Lmao..... I know you very well, welcome to the party........ Not like you ever missed the party anyway. Dakingsman, he runs the Nigerian_military_history IG page, he's also here. I hope you don't quit updating your IG page though, i notice NAFHQ also follows your page.

We all compliment each other.

Come on, Let's see what you got!
Hehe I'll try my best to keep posting and yeah I speak to him (dakingsman)a lot via IG DM's he's a cheerful fellow. Henry as long as you don't stop posting I'll keep the IG page running you know, a large proportion of the pics I post come from here.

About the official NAF IG page that follows mine. I sent him a DM about the JF-17s and the drones from UAE and got some positive replies.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:14am On Jul 24, 2016
Odunayaw:
what weapons.. the smiling soldiers?
the second pic with the guy in d middle and d third PIC

(1) (2) (3) ... (550) (551) (552) (553) (554) (555) (556) ... (2841) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.