Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,077 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:37 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (555) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5966711 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (552) (553) (554) (555) (556) (557) (558) ... (2843) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:21am On Jul 24, 2016
S 300 fake inflatable system to lure enemies grin

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:57am On Jul 24, 2016
MikeCZA:
No escape zone.

Manufacturers never release that.

Max range is achieved under favourable conditions. i.e. head on interceptions.

true
but users have the data passed on to them by the OEM or they manage to find it out depending on their r and d capability
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:57am On Jul 24, 2016
MikeCZA:
Nope.

South Africa's defence industry.

In short during war time major powers with the help of their defence industries can tailor their systems for an enemy at short notice.

u forgot to read point 4 grin
4.failure to adapt/counter to SAAF spoofing techniques

it is not descriptive but says the same, a lot actually
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:02am On Jul 24, 2016
MikeCZA:
You are not answering the question!

Cuban and Angolan ground attacks were ineffective. Mostly speculative attacks.

Air superiority isn't about the fighters.
On 27 June 1988, Cuban MiG-23 fighters bombed the Calueque hydro-electric complex at 16.7367°S 14.9669°E, disabling it and killing 12 SADF soldiers and i also remember reading the account of a south african soldier whose comrades were killed when a mig-23 dropped a 500kg Bomb close to their ratel .Killing several of them and destroying ratel,How then did you have air superiority over the cubans and angolans air forces.if they still causes on your side until the end of the war !

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZA: 10:11am On Jul 24, 2016
africaken254:
On 27 June 1988, Cuban MiG-23 fighters bombed the Calueque hydro-electric complex at 16.7367°S 14.9669°E, disabling it and killing 12 SADF soldiers and i also remember reading the account of a south african soldier whose comrades were killed when a mig-23 dropped a 500kg Bomb close to their ratel .Killing several of them and destroying ratel,How then did you have air superiority over the cubans and angolans air forces.if they still causes on your side until the end of the war !
Their air to ground attacks were ineffective. Mostly speculative.

The are many times when SA vehicles had bombs dropped close to them.

SA didn't have air superiority.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:39am On Jul 24, 2016
MikeCZA:
Their air to ground attacks were ineffective. Mostly speculative.

The are many times when SA vehicles had bombs dropped close to them.

SA didn't have air superiority.
you want to tell us you never ever had losses !did the south africa air force ever carry out strategic bombing campaign targeting Luanda or was it just air support you offered
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZA: 11:05am On Jul 24, 2016
africaken254:
you want to tell us you never ever had losses !did the south africa air force ever carry out strategic bombing campaign targeting Luanda or was it just air support you offered
Like any war both sides suffered casualties.

If you can answer why SA was in Angola then you'll know why that didn't happen.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jul 24, 2016
the New model of AK 47 produced by the Algerian Khenchela Company of Mechanical Constructions (ECMK)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:06pm On Jul 24, 2016
chkil:
the New model of AK 47 produced by the Algerian Khenchela Company of Mechanical Constructions (ECMK)

I like the use of polymer, makes the weapon much lighter.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jul 24, 2016
Nigerian built Interceptor. Great for navigating the creeks and hunting down pirates.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:40pm On Jul 24, 2016
Algerian Khenchela Company of Mechanical Constructions (ECMK) produce most of algerian Infantry standard Weapons , and the Algerian Seriana Company (ERIS) produces Ammunitions

ECMK produce : PA Makarov , PA Caracal F (UAE license) , différent version of AK47 , SVD (Dragunov) , RS 202P shotgun , RPD machine gun ,GP-25 Grenade Launchers , and also the RPG-7V

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:44pm On Jul 24, 2016
Chief of Air Staff, Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar (L), decorating a student of basic regiment course, at the graduation of sundry basic regiment officers, Airmen and Airwomen course 21/2016 in Kaduna on Saturday (23/7/16).

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jul 24, 2016
MikeCZA:
Like any war both sides suffered casualties.

If you can answer why SA was in Angola then you'll know why that didn't happen.
from a military point of view Luanda was of strategic importance as was hanoi was during the vietnam,probably south africa air force lacked the capability to strike Luanda.this is reasons in my opinion which contributed to angolan and cuban air defence system being less effective,
1. south africa was being provide help by the americans thus likely were provided with satellite photos of SAM sites,also UNITA and south african special op were constantly monitoring angolan and cuban movement in southern angolan
2.also due to constant ambush attacks by UNITA rebels and south africa special ops in southern angola, the angolans and cubans couldn't move freely ,SAM Unit couldn't operate discretely thus requiring several Regiments of armored unit for protection
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jul 24, 2016
Henry240:

Wow, that's so retro and cool. What did you ask specifically and what was their response, please share?

As long as the military and our partners continue to share photos, i'll surely continue.
Well in summary if the Pakis hold up their side of the arraignment NAF should start to receive the birds anywhere between August and September this year, and on the drones he said he'll have to get back to me, so I'm suspecting he's not yet cleared to discuss it freely.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jul 24, 2016
libya national army EOD team member with a tactical jammer system backpack

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZA: 3:39pm On Jul 24, 2016
africaken254:
from a military point of view Luanda was of strategic importance as was hanoi was during the vietnam,probably south africa air force lacked the capability to strike Luanda.this is reasons in my opinion which contributed to angolan and cuban air defence system being less effective,
1. south africa was being provide help by the americans thus likely were provided with satellite photos of SAM sites,also UNITA and south african special op were constantly monitoring angolan and cuban movement in southern angolan
2.also due to constant ambush attacks by UNITA rebels and south africa special ops in southern angola, the angolans and cubans couldn't move freely ,SAM Unit couldn't operate discretely thus requiring several Regiments of armored unit for protection

1. What strategic importance? Yes, to UNITA not South Africa.

(A) From Southern Angola the SAAF's bombers had the range to reach Luanda.

(b) When territory was captured it was handed to UNITA.

2. What air defence system? You mean their air defence units?

3. Angolan units could move free. Detection of battalion size units was even a headache for SA.

Regiment what ? Update your info on how FAPLA units where structured.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jul 24, 2016
jakeporeshenko:
Chief of Air Staff, Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar (L), decorating a student of basic regiment course, at the graduation of sundry basic regiment officers, Airmen and Airwomen course 21/2016 in Kaduna on Saturday (23/7/16).

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:41pm On Jul 24, 2016
libya national army EOD team members Benghazi with a tactical jammer system backpack

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:53pm On Jul 24, 2016
MikeCZA:

1. What strategic importance? Yes, to UNITA not South Africa.

(A) From Southern Angola the SAAF's bombers had the range to reach Luanda.

(b) When territory was captured it was handed to UNITA.

2. What air defence system? You mean their air defence units?

3. Angolan units could move free. Detection of battalion size units was even a headache for SA.

Regiment what ? Update your info on how FAPLA units where structured.
are you trying to tell us before south entered angola ,there was no UNITA ! so for how long did you plan to be involved in this border war with cubans and russians shipping weapons and equipment to Angola !just saw a documentary where a former south africa commander said they used to know the Angolans and Cubans positions ,american could bomb hanoi but the losses on their side were devastating.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZA: 4:12pm On Jul 24, 2016
africaken254:
are you trying to tell us before south entered angola ,there was no UNITA ! so for how long did you plan to be involved in this border war with cubans and russians shipping weapons and equipment to Angola !just saw a documentary where a former south africa commander said they used to know the Angolans and Cubans positions ,american could bomb hanoi but the losses on their side were devastating.

1. UNITA alongside MPLA where fighting the Portuguese. After independence MPLA allowed many liberation movements from SA to Zimbabwe to set up bases in the country.

2. Apartheid South Africa supported UNITA to create a buffer between it's self and her enemies.

3. UNITA never had the capability to hold massive parts of the country alone.

(A) Remember: Captured territory was handed to UNITA.

4. The fight wasn't stationary. The special forces during the Op Hooper where often deployed to shadow certain units.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:05pm On Jul 24, 2016
Nigerian Army

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jul 24, 2016
jakeporeshenko:

Great to see DICON bullet-proof vests are back in active service.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jul 24, 2016
Pic 1: Nigerian army drone squad
Pic 2: Nigerian army officer undergoing training in the Uk, now he's off to somewhere in the Central America (for jungle warfare training) I can't disclose.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jul 24, 2016
jakeporeshenko:

Well in summary if the Pakis hold up their side of the arraignment NAF should start to receive the birds anywhere between August and September this year, and on the drones he said he'll have to get back to me, so I'm suspecting he's not yet cleared to discuss it freely.

Hopefully we get to see the birds by that time frame. Our airforce requires a modern 4 GEN multi-role fighter. As for the Drones i'm not really psyched on there acquisition. We already fly a respectable fleet of both local and imported Drones.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by chinese8107: 5:51pm On Jul 24, 2016
jakeporeshenko:
Pic 2: Nigerian army officer undergoing training in the Uk, now he's off to somewhere in the Central America (for jungle warfare training) I can't disclose.
the second pic is what ? doesn't look like javelin AT-4?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:08pm On Jul 24, 2016
chinese8107:

the second pic is what ? doesn't look like javelin AT-4?
to me it looks like an FGM-172 SRAW
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:36pm On Jul 24, 2016
jakeporeshenko:

to me it looks like an FGM-172 SRAW
its the MATADOR (Man-portable Anti-Tank, Anti-DOoR) Short Range Anti-Armour Weapon

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by klhazhik(m): 6:48pm On Jul 24, 2016
jakeporeshenko:

d second pics.... i.d the rifle pls....
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:51pm On Jul 24, 2016
klhazhik:

That's an SA-80 standard assault rifle of the British army.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 6:54pm On Jul 24, 2016
klhazhik:

The L85 rifle variant of the SA80 family

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by klhazhik(m): 7:06pm On Jul 24, 2016
bidexiii:

The L85 rifle variant of the SA80 family
thankz, oga bidexii
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by LTGEN: 7:42pm On Jul 24, 2016
africaken254:
From a Military point of Fact the US did not always help the South Africans in fact in some cases they deliberately witheld classified Satellite information that allowed SANDF Forces to walk into set piece ambushes
I forget the name of the valley but it starts with a C.
Let us try and be factual with some of the Statements we are making whether it is about the MPLA or UNITA
and there is no Military evidence to support the fact that the Cubans or MPLA were impeded from moving about the Country side.

(1) (2) (3) ... (552) (553) (554) (555) (556) (557) (558) ... (2843) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.