Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,462 members, 7,819,687 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:55 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (578) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5972264 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (575) (576) (577) (578) (579) (580) (581) ... (2843) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 8:05am On Aug 09, 2016
jakeporeshenko:
Guys, who can help me identify what that soldier is carrying ?

A dismantled tube of a mortar.

As u can see there is a ball like structure at the base of the tube, it fits into the base plate.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 8:07am On Aug 09, 2016
tsdarkside:

we never cared about the ol africa...as if the problem of africa will not effect us....didnt it effect us as africa was been colonized..??...was our area spared..??

were the igbo,yorubas or hausas spared??.....we have to start thinking big...than been always defensive lets go offensive...let push the battle-grounds out of nigeria,chad,cameroon,niger......this is what china,russia,america are doing...

build your armies and bring the fight to the doorstep of your enemies...ecowas should have occupied libya by now and policing it to help the legitim goverment...

if we dont go offensive,then we will put ourselves in great danger...the weapons are sophisticating more and more....our police was well capable of taking boko haram out,in the time of jonathan....what went wrong!!??..

although we had enough man-power,we were lacking in sophisticated weapons and training.....we weakend boko now,but i am afraid we will go back to sleep again and allow boko haram to get more sophisticated weapons and tactics.... undecided undecided undecided undecided

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Seened: 8:41am On Aug 09, 2016
Off Topic:
First ever Tanzanian made helicopter to start flying soon.

Source: africanleadership.co.uk

http://africanleadership.co.uk/blog/?p=10678
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 10:42am On Aug 09, 2016
Seened:
Off Topic:
First ever Tanzanian made helicopter to start flying soon.

Source: africanleadership.co.uk

http://africanleadership.co.uk/blog/?p=10678

Damn so cool. Nigeria should please do the same.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 10:54am On Aug 09, 2016
Henry240:
OFF-TOPIC

I hope when the JF-17 finally arrive, they get armed like these beauty Hornets from the Royal Australian Air Force (RAAF).

With drop tanks and dumb bombs?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Seened: 11:26am On Aug 09, 2016
tdayof:
Damn so cool. Nigeria should please do the same.

Tdayof, thinking about the Nigerian situation has given me HBP in the past. Right now I have greatly reduced my expectations. I am now focused on contributing my quota to the best of my capability. If the Nigerian situation kills me I won't be able to contribute a thing.

"Expectation (from the Nigerian system) is the mother of all f***ups".

...From someone who has suffered Nigerian-induced HBP in the past.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:40am On Aug 09, 2016
recent batch of new Typhoon 4×4 mine resistant ambush protected vehicles (MRAP) acquired by the Tunis’s National Guard

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:46am On Aug 09, 2016
Nigerian Navy NNS Centenary

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:49am On Aug 09, 2016
Nigerian Air Force C-130 pilot cool kisskiss

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:54am On Aug 09, 2016
Nigerian Navy

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by pacretus(m): 11:59am On Aug 09, 2016
Henry240:
Nigerian Air Force C-130 pilot cool kiss
leme go and pack my bag,airforce here i come..see good thing abeg.which airforce base she dey stay.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:59am On Aug 09, 2016
Nigerian Military theater commanders

-Brigadier-General Victor Ezugwu A.K.A James Bond - GOC 7 division (Borno)

- Nigeria's "hip" Chief of Air Staff(CAS), Air Marshal Sadiq Abubakar

- Nigerian Air Force Air Component Commander, Air Operations "Gama-Aiki", Peter Uzezi (left of CAS)

- Nigerian Army Chief of Army Staff (COAS), Lieutenant-General Tukur Yusuf Buratai.

- Nigerian Army Theater Commander, Operations "Lafiya Dole", Major-General Lucky Irabor (left of COAS)

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZA: 12:28pm On Aug 09, 2016
Henry240:
OFF-TOPIC

I hope when the JF-17 finally arrive, they get armed like these beauty Hornets from the Royal Australian Air Force (RAAF).
Not heavily armed in this picture.

Armed similar to SAAF Gripens.

SRAAMs, Bomb racks etc.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:32pm On Aug 09, 2016
Henry240:
Nigerian Air Force Ground Control Station for either Drone or Radar.

I think it's for radar, or maybe a drone family we don't know about.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:52pm On Aug 09, 2016
MikeCZA:
Not heavily armed in this picture.

Armed similar to SAAF Gripens.

SRAAMs, Bomb racks etc.

Armed like this actually.

... Bringing democracy to Sambisa, one MK-82 bomb at a time.

This is what COIN wet dreams are made off!

This is how fighter jets deployed for COIN should be armed, this is how i want those incoming JF-17s to be armed.

SAAF Gripen

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:00pm On Aug 09, 2016
More Gripen South-Africa

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:02pm On Aug 09, 2016
Similarly armed JF-17s

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:19pm On Aug 09, 2016
patches689:

With drop tanks and dumb bombs?
What are you supposed to hit insurgents in their camps with, smart bombs?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:20pm On Aug 09, 2016
Chadian soldier armed with a Tavor TAR-21 bullpup assault rifle

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:26pm On Aug 09, 2016
jakeporeshenko:

I think it's for radar, or maybe a drone family we don't know about.

Speaking of things we don't know of, the Honkers Light Strike Vehicles(LSV) have been in Air Force service atleast 3 months before the official commissioning of 10 Honkers.

I remember seeing this photo in February of this year. Actual numbers won't truly be known, but i'm certain we purchased up to 40 vehicles.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:31pm On Aug 09, 2016
Henry240:

What are you supposed to hit insurgents in their camps with, smart bombs?
just pray when they are flying low so that they can accurately drop those bombs,they dont get shot down

off topic :seriously how high are you supposed to fly, so that you don't get shot-down !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34zeEFRfC3I
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:44pm On Aug 09, 2016
Truvelo CMS with suppressor in Libya

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 1:46pm On Aug 09, 2016
africaken254:
just pray when they are flying low so that they can accurately drop those bombs,they dont get shot down

off topic :seriously how high are you supposed to fly, so that you can't get shot-down !

No countermeasure was deployed. Deploying flares will confuse those infrared homing missiles.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:10pm On Aug 09, 2016
Nigerian Military Might 2016.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZZbRP
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:26pm On Aug 09, 2016
IbnSultaan:
Nigerian Military Might 2016.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZZbRP
error occurred during validation
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZA: 2:39pm On Aug 09, 2016
Henry240:

Armed like this actually.

... Bringing democracy to Sambisa, one MK-82 bomb at a time.

This is what COIN wet dreams are made off!

This is how fighter jets deployed for COIN should be armed, this is how i want those incoming JF-17s to be armed.

SAAF Gripen
When engaging targets in the country side.

With targeting pods the strikes are actually accurate.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZA: 2:50pm On Aug 09, 2016
africaken254:

off topic :seriously how high are you supposed to fly, so that you don't get shot-down !

MANPADS struggle to lock on at aircraft flying seriously low.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:04pm On Aug 09, 2016
MikeCZA:
When engaging targets in the country side.

With targeting pods the strikes are actually accurate.

I don't dispute that. However why waste a hard-point which would carry a drop-tank, when there are ISTAR aircrafts in the area.

Besides the FCS on 4 GEN aircrafts are so advanced that they ensure airstrikes from dumb bombs are generally quite accurate when hitting targets.

Take for example Nigerian Air strikes from 3.5 generation F-7s. They are generally very accurate despite not carrying guidance kits or laser designators.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gottfried21(m): 3:32pm On Aug 09, 2016
US navy explosive ordnance disposal technician conducts metal detector training with members of the Namibian Army/Marine corps in Otavi
1st August 2016

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:38pm On Aug 09, 2016
Random pictures
So Who has heard anything about the potential platforms for NA aviation wing ?

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZA: 3:39pm On Aug 09, 2016
Henry240:

I don't dispute that. However why waste a hard-point which would carry a drop-tank, when there are ISTAR aircrafts in the area.

Besides the FCS on 4 GEN aircrafts are so advanced that they ensure airstrikes from dumb bombs are generally quite accurate when hitting targets.

Take for example Nigerian Air strikes from 3.5 generation F-7s. They are generally very accurate despite not carrying guidance kits or laser designators.

- Ground troops communicate direct to the pilot.

- Intell.

And other many advantages.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:44pm On Aug 09, 2016
off topic ...

Algerian Painter SF grin grin grin (humor)

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (575) (576) (577) (578) (579) (580) (581) ... (2843) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: brosiye99(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.