Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,223 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:52 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (579) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5949132 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (576) (577) (578) (579) (580) (581) (582) ... (2841) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lexykeyz(m): 3:45pm On Aug 09, 2016
This happened to even the "best" as they are referred to as. Back home here they would be brutally attacked with the code name: "COWARDS".

I love what he said at the end even though it smells propaganda.

"The loss of any equipment is regrettable, but no equipment is worth undue risk to those involved,"

https://www.yahoo.com/news/u-soldiers-afghanistan-abandoned-equipment-under-fire-general-122313991.html
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:21pm On Aug 09, 2016
SAAF MONUSCO

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:43pm On Aug 09, 2016
Nigerian Air Force

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:04pm On Aug 09, 2016
Nigerian Air Forec Drone Use & Development. Like everyone else, i've been curious to know how often the Nigerian Air Force uses it's drones. So, here's our first look at the numbers.

CH-3A use

"One of our clients in Africa uses each of its CH-3s about
100 hours on average each month," Shi told the newspaper,
which is published by the government.

m.economictimes.com/news/defence/china-exported-military-drones-to-10-nations-report/articleshow/51932038.cms

Drone Development

Earlier in his welcome address, the Commandant AFIT, Air
Commodore Musibau Soladoye stated that the Institute has
made steady progress over the years both in academics and
research and development projects. Chief of its research
and development achievement of the Insitute are the design
and production of the first locally manufactured Unmanned
Aerial Vehicle (UAV), Unmanned Ground Vehicle (UGV) for
the disposal of Improvised Explosive Devices (IED),
modification of some aircraft parts aimed at enhancing the
operational serviceability of NAF aircraft and armament
systems. AFIT, at present, is also working on the
modification and conversion of the NAF decommissioned Air
Beetle 18 aircraft into UAV as well as the design and
development of portable fuel bowser.

www.airforce.mil.ng/event-45th_convocation__afit_graduates_451_students
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by BlackBaron: 6:35pm On Aug 09, 2016
Another possible Libyan proliferation that may have slipped under the radar.

A possible identification of AK-103/101 found with cattle rustlers in Zamfara.
http://armamentresearch.com/ak-103-rifle-documented-in-nigeria/
Libya was the only known buyer of this model but later found its way all through the sub regions battling insurgencies.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZA: 6:56pm On Aug 09, 2016
Henry240:
SAAF MONUSCO
Carrying weapons is now a thing with SAAF pilots.

Rooivalk pilots carry daggers/commando knifes too.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Cannonleo(m): 10:40pm On Aug 09, 2016
Henry240:
Nigerian Air Force Radar Test system
Windows xp ni haha, but if it does the job no p
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Cannonleo(m): 11:14pm On Aug 09, 2016
Henry240:
Algeria

The MI-26 looks like a sad, fat pigeon. gringrin
lol indeed but a target perched on a technical with a lock on it from the sad bird won't be smiling
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Cannonleo(m): 11:16pm On Aug 09, 2016
Nigerdeltaboi:
they have been used against NAF around March or so during a raid on the mandara mountains . no report of any fatality
ha hope our assets deployed ECM after SAM engagement
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Cannonleo(m): 11:21pm On Aug 09, 2016
Henry240:
OFF-TOPIC

I hope when the JF-17 finally arrive, they get armed like these beauty Hornets from the Royal Australian Air Force (RAAF).
ahhhh the F/A 18 hornet , reminds me of my simulator on my former pc. I miss the action

abeg oga Henry , if I am correct, the hornets here are loaded with mk 82 laser guided AGMs and drop tanks
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Cannonleo(m): 11:22pm On Aug 09, 2016
Nigerdeltaboi:
honestly we have failed ourselves by not been strategic in out national security , libya has always been an indirect problem to our national security . huge own goal !
are will still strategic now, that's the question
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 11:25pm On Aug 09, 2016
MikeCZA:
Carrying weapons is now a thing with SAAF pilots.

Rooivalk pilots carry daggers/commando knifes too.

Not new and the knife is a tool in this case. Pilots carry pistols and carbines, in the video of the rooivalk in the DRC you can see the pilot climbing out the with his rifle
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tsdarkside(m): 1:45am On Aug 10, 2016
look how our leaders are looking at each other..

they dont like each others a tall!!!...

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tsdarkside(m): 1:57am On Aug 10, 2016
nigerian flag-ship,NNS THUNDER.......

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:47am On Aug 10, 2016
Cannonleo:
ha hope our assets deployed ECM after SAM engagement
I don't know about that one o , I hope they do sha
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:40am On Aug 10, 2016
DRC Troops

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:46am On Aug 10, 2016
Cannonleo:
lol indeed but a target perched on a technical with a lock on it from the sad bird won't be smiling

The MI-26 is the Transport Helicopter not the Attack Helo.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:48am On Aug 10, 2016
Cannonleo:

abeg oga Henry , if I am correct, the hornets here are loaded with mk 82 laser guided AGMs and drop tanks

Correct Chief. They are flying a mission over Iraq.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:54am On Aug 10, 2016
Nigerian Army Soldiers armed with a Shipka 9mm Bulgarian submachine gun from Arsenal co.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:11am On Aug 10, 2016
G-1 tactical Solutions offering VIP protection training to Kenya law enforcement

cool stuff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aW_Qh2onWyA
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:13pm On Aug 10, 2016
Nigerian Army Commando, in-front of a refurbished N.A "Big Foot" MRAP.

As can be seen in many photos, even if N.A MRAP hulls are damaged, all vehicles are immediately refurbished by the Army and entered back into service.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:25pm On Aug 10, 2016
OFF-TOPIC

A better stabilsed platform. Russian army ZSU-2-23mm mounted at the back of the Kamaz truck.

Although the Nigerian army doesn't mount 14.5mm's on pick-up trucks like virtually all our neigbours. Mounting a ZSU-2-23mm on the back of some of our military lorries like the Russians seams like a decent idea. Unlike with the pick-ups, a military lorry provides a stabilised platform, a great line of sight/situational awareness and virtually insignificant wear & tear of vehicles suspension.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:32pm On Aug 10, 2016
Nigerian Army Medics

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:51pm On Aug 10, 2016
Henry240:
OFF-TOPIC

A better stabilsed platform. Russian army ZSU-2-23mm mounted at the back of the Kamaz truck.

Although the Nigerian army doesn't mount 14.5mm's on pick-up trucks like virtually all our neigbours. Mounting a ZSU-2-23mm on the back of some of our military lorries like the Russians seams like a decent idea. Unlike with the pick-ups, a military lorry provides a stabilised platform, a great line of sight/situational awareness and virtually insignificant wear & tear of vehicles suspension.

Don't be so quick with your conclusions: I have it on good authority you chaps bought the Zumlack: mounted on a samil 100 in a ground attack role. Check our arms exports reports and pics on beegeagle of the platform in Nigeria.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:20pm On Aug 10, 2016
frumentius:

Don't be so quick with your conclusions: I have it on good authority you chaps bought the Zumlack: mounted on a samil 100 in a ground attack role. Check our arms exports reports and pics on beegeagle of the platform in Nigeria.

You mean this one? I remember this, and i supported it at the time. However, that's just a field test and nothing heard from it since then. It wasn't practical, the army mounted what looks like a 40mm on a truck.

What i'm actually asking for, is a smaller, litter, more practical solution. A ZSU-23-2 mounted on a vehicle such as a military Sinotruck, with an armoured cabin. Vehicle can be used for FOB defence and offensive operations.

The Russian vehicle sums up my idea.

*I more reason for going for the Sinotruck is, the National Truck Manufacturers (NTM) based in Kano, Northern Nigeria has supplied a decent amount of Sinotrucks to the Nigerian army already.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:24pm On Aug 10, 2016
Henry240:
You mean this one? I remember this, and i supported it at the time. However, that's just a field test and nothing heard from it since then. It wasn't practical, the army mounted what looks like a 40mm on a truck.

Buying 10 platforms hardly sounds like a field test. I also supported it, but at the time(2014) I thought Nigeria had different needs.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:35pm On Aug 10, 2016
SA Army looks like it might be buying the G5-T5 and Tata starts sniffing around for an Indian sale on the JV.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by chinese8107: 5:02pm On Aug 10, 2016
For a 155 howitzer ,Why buy G-5 or similar thing like pic 1?
I would rather use the pic 2 for loe cost solution

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by chinese8107: 5:02pm On Aug 10, 2016
.Pegasus 155mm howitzer
singapore

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZA: 5:07pm On Aug 10, 2016
chinese8107:
For a 155 howitzer ,Why buy G-5 or similar thing like pic 1?
I would rather use the pic 2 for loe cost solution
Accuracy, range, Denel ammunition range etc.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by chinese8107: 5:20pm On Aug 10, 2016
MikeCZA:
Accuracy, range, Denel ammunition range etc.

I would choose weight. Air transportablity.

(1) (2) (3) ... (576) (577) (578) (579) (580) (581) (582) ... (2841) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)