Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,283 members, 7,811,834 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:42 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (633) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5954362 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (630) (631) (632) (633) (634) (635) (636) ... (2841) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:28pm On Sep 12, 2016
Zambian air force

7 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:41pm On Sep 12, 2016
Nigerian Soldier

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:46pm On Sep 12, 2016
b
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:54pm On Sep 12, 2016
africaken254:
with digitization of the kenyan I.D database,a finger print from those slained terrorists.could reveal all the necessary information they need.i dont know if the UN keeps a digital data-base of all those refugees who enter Kenya or a big proportion of them just enter without being register !
UNHCR had tried to take biometric data off all refugees before for the purpos of accountability, but the project was unsuccessful due to resistance.... but after the westgate attack and govt accusing the refugee camp and threatening to close them for some of the terrorist had used that channel, UNHCR was pressured and they had to forcefully take biometrics and share them with the government
Qoute

"The field assessments and exercise could further be easily made available to donors through the structured online system. Immediately a refugee is fingerprinted at an FDC when collecting food rations, their fingerprints appear at the three major offices for verification purposes.
Refugees have expressed insecurity concerns about the exposure of their identity, between three major categories of Aid Agencies and the Government of Kenya.
In the past, between 2007/8 the same system was tested in the camp but failed because refugees opposed the system due to concerns over security and identity. In 2013, the process has been made mandatory so that refugees are forced to go through the system.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 4:54pm On Sep 12, 2016
patches689:
fascinating

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPAHNNuAHMo

Edit: you guys should catch up on the happenings in Syria. The fighting is nearing the "end game". Rebels/Jihadists did an all or nothing push on Alleppo and made a narrow break-through lifting the seige. They then moved massive numbers of men and equipment into the city. The Govt fought back hard, throwing some of their best units into the fight (meatgrinder is a better word) and have closed the noose around the city again - only a corridor a couple hundred meters wide still remains open, Rebels cant move anything along it because the Govt dominates the high ground and is shelling the christ out of the corridor.

If the Govt can close the corridore, they will have effectively trapped vast amounts of rebels and equipment in the city - meaning that rebels lines throughout the north will be stretched thin.

Allepo could turn out to be Syria's Stalingrad.

Edit Edit: The Governments best forces, over a Battalion of Russian trained Marines, Tiger Force and HAMAs militants and "definitely not" Iranian militants are in the region*. Its a showdown between the best that both sides can offer.

what about the current cease fire position? and the deal whereby the govt. and the various rebel groups will work together to flush out ISIS dogs?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 5:18pm On Sep 12, 2016
Henry240:

NA Streit APCs are well armed, however, i don't like Streit products.
same here..Heaven knows why they r fielded instead of Igirigi
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gees9: 5:26pm On Sep 12, 2016
Henry240:
JAS-39 Gripen- South-Africa

This photo is bloody awesome, wonder how the managed it.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 5:43pm On Sep 12, 2016
Henry240:

The Karaduwa is armed with a single South-African made 30mm, however it is impossible to at the moment if it is a manned or an unmanned weapon station. NNS Andoni also carries a 30mm main gun from RSA.

The Karaduwa carriers a rear SK 12.7mm and also 2x 12.7mm up. It also has 7.62 machine gun stations. It's a well armed, properly built vessel.

I am going to receive a PDF file containing information on the build of the Karaduwa, from basic build to about 60% of the construction. However, i might have trouble extracting the information. How were u able to extract the info from the Proforce PDF.

I can screenshot the information i need, and post on word document, but it's not coming out as i'll want it. So, help required here.
I used my android's WPS app....it was easy to open and I just screenshot it
probably u download a suitable PDF reader
would love to know more abt dat SDB
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Seened: 6:03pm On Sep 12, 2016
africaken254:
very soon air force pilots and eventually soldiers will become obsolete
Read sometime ago about an A.I. flown F-22 beating a human F-22 pilot in virtual simulated combat. The times we are in.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 6:10pm On Sep 12, 2016
Henry240:

It's Namibia, not RSA. They also got the HALO gear long before the SASFB. These photos are from 2014, and you only received your gear in August of 2016.

No we got how new HALO gear. I can show pics from the 80s of SASF in HALO gear.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Tochex101(m): 6:15pm On Sep 12, 2016
BlackBaron:

Just a bit related to this, I watched a programme recently of how a country's Counter Terror officers were trained to take out suicide bombers and hostage takers. It involves a bit of human anatomy where they have to shoot them in the head (disconnect brain stem from NS) which if done correctly would immediately render their attempts to detonate or any possible finger twitching which might aid a detonation.
Badass
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 7:21pm On Sep 12, 2016
South Africans please explain..?

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:28pm On Sep 12, 2016
denisfidha:

UNHCR had tried to take biometric data off all refugees before for the purpos of accountability, but the project was unsuccessful due to resistance.... but after the westgate attack and govt accusing the refugee camp and threatening to close them for some of the terrorist had used that channel, UNHCR was pressured and they had to forcefully take biometrics and share them with the government
Qoute

"The field assessments and exercise could further be easily made available to donors through the structured online system. Immediately a refugee is fingerprinted at an FDC when collecting food rations, their fingerprints appear at the three major offices for verification purposes.
Refugees have expressed insecurity concerns about the exposure of their identity, between three major categories of Aid Agencies and the Government of Kenya.
In the past, between 2007/8 the same system was tested in the camp but failed because refugees opposed the system due to concerns over security and identity. In 2013, the process has been made mandatory so that refugees are forced to go through the system.
when syrian refugees were entering jordan ,a refugee is required to have both finger print and iris scan bio-metric identification collected. kenyan government is not serious,if it allowing refugees to determine if or not their bio-metric data should be collected !
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by nganduh: 8:16pm On Sep 12, 2016
lionel4power:
South Africans please explain..?

nuclear bomb casings

A bit more here: http://newobserveronline.com/the-bomb-that-never-could-be-used-south-africas-nuclear-weapons/
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 8:22pm On Sep 12, 2016
nganduh:

nuclear bomb casings
is it still active??
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by nganduh: 8:37pm On Sep 12, 2016
lionel4power:

is it still active??

Absolutely not
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:39pm On Sep 12, 2016
Hello Guys, we have now reached the glorious finale of our TOP 15 photos ranking. There's been quite a number of shocks, however it has been quite entertaining all round.

So without further ado, here are the glorious 15
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:05pm On Sep 12, 2016
The 15th position goes to these 3 photos, quite a surprise to see a particular photo here, but contributors have chosen.

Holding it down in last place are

- Alpha jet - Nigerian Air Force - Nigeria

- Malian Cop - Mali

- Namibian HALO Commando - Namibia.

I expected the Namibian Commando to do better, but with 2 likes, it's only good for a shared 15th position.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:22pm On Sep 12, 2016
With 15, 14 & 13 taking, we are left with a few more shockers. I guess this next set of photos, especially the Inverted Gripen photo, reminds we a whole lot like Arsenal Football Club's performance in the UEFA Champions league. Always very glamorous, but they don't quite make it above the 2nd round.

So, here they are, i refer to them as so much potential, but not quite up to the task

- Inverted JAS-39 Gripen - South-Africa

- Tunisian Commandos - Tunisia

- Combat Exhausted Soldier - Nigeria

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:35pm On Sep 12, 2016
The following sets are tied for 9th place. They are a mix of beauty, humanity and gold old soldiering.

Tied for 9th place are,

- SA Navy Submarine - South-Africa

- UPDF soldier shaking a child in Somalia - Uganda

- Nigerian Soldier resting in his sleeping bag - Nigeria

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:46pm On Sep 12, 2016
In 7th place we got a Nigerian SF soldier providing well timed security with his 100 round PKM

Nigerian Commando - Nigeria

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:55pm On Sep 12, 2016
At 6th position, and well deserved, it is so difficult to see African soldiers caught in combat. Photos of African troops in contact are as rare as blue diamond.

So it came as a massive delight when i spotted this image. Beautiful image

Nigerian troops in contact - Nigeria

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:05pm On Sep 12, 2016
This breathtaking photo of a South-Africa Orynx Helicopter proves it's class. If wars were fought by photographs alone, the South-Africans would win every war they take part in, even a Tug-of-war. Alas this isn't the case

Orynx Helicopter - South-Africa

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:17pm On Sep 12, 2016
With 8 likes between them, these two Nigerian photographs are tied for 3rd place. The Oldies photograph question why wars should be fought when we could just smile and laugh and live in peace, while the 2015 photograph tries to explain why we must fight to keep that laughter, while every piece of lead must be expended to so that we can smile, it explains that there is a cost associated with the peace we enjoy.

Oldies and modern Nigerian soldiers 3rd place - Nigeria

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:30pm On Sep 12, 2016
This is a surprising photo at number 2. I never expected to see this photo make it this far. However thread contributors in their wisdom provided this image with 9 likes, at a point, it was on the same number of likes as our number 1 image.

This photo of a Navy Commando part of the Armed Forces Special Forces(AFSF) is very beautiful, also since the creation of the AFSF, this image reminds Nigerians, well me, of our favourite SBS. Glowing tributes of Navy commandos abound both in operational duty and training. This image simply carries on this glorious Navy tradition.

Navy AFSF commando - Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:40pm On Sep 12, 2016
The top photo, and probably the best photo that would be shared in this thread this year. It is the Holy-grail of military photographs, of the over 2,000 photographs shared in this thread this year, this photo completely and utterly beats the competition. In-fact there was no competition. It was this image on the one side and the others on the other side. Me against the world.

Simply Magnificent

JAS-39 Gripen is this year's photograph of the year.

Gripen - South-Africa
cheesy

9 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:49pm On Sep 12, 2016
tdayof:
According to my post I said a negative G. Now show me all the 3g+ aircrafts you have seen defiling some physics law according to their specifications.

Nothing special indeed with performing a negative G. grin
You now Negative G, is just another term for flying inverted!! If you said a Negative G pushover maneuver then that another story( actually not really as small civilian aircraft can also do it)
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:08am On Sep 13, 2016
Henry240:
This is a surprising photo at number 2. I never expected to see this photo make it this far. However thread contributors in their wisdom provided this image with 9 likes, at a point, it was on the same number of likes as our number 1 image.

This photo of a Navy Commando part of the Armed Forces Special Forces(AFSF) is very beautiful, also since the creation of the AFSF, this image reminds Nigerians, well me, of our favourite SBS. Glowing tributes of Navy commandos abound both in operational duty and training. This image simply carries on this glorious Navy tradition.

Navy AFSF commando - Nigeria
Hehe Aladdin!, his pictures never disappoint, well he's not here to receive the price money for second place, so Ofcourse I'll do the right thing and take it on his behalf without consulting him grin grin. Henro I forward account details mek I get alert

Pictures 1&2 AFSF, these guys terrorize the terrorists. In sambisa BH has been knocked down the food chain and is now the haunted.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by peterphd(m): 12:23am On Sep 13, 2016
[quote author=Henry240 post=49289550]

Dude, i'm quite sure you are aware i'm not your average military nut. I know fully well what i'm talking about. I'm referring to the gear not the HALO jump.[/quolte]
Hey Henry, great job with this thread. Are you in the armed forces? You seem to know everything. Err... What do you know about the Nigerian marine corps. Thanks
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 12:27am On Sep 13, 2016
peterphd:
marine corps ke
we don't even av naval infantry
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:06am On Sep 13, 2016
our tanks resting

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:31am On Sep 13, 2016
contd.

(1) (2) (3) ... (630) (631) (632) (633) (634) (635) (636) ... (2841) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.