Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,131 members, 7,845,755 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 12:55 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (638) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6007110 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (635) (636) (637) (638) (639) (640) (641) ... (2849) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZA: 7:48pm On Sep 14, 2016
Zainey338:
Hello every one, how are you? smiley
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:05pm On Sep 14, 2016
pic 1 Tunisian OH-58D Kiowa Warrior Aircraft

pic 2 tunisian army

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZA: 8:13pm On Sep 14, 2016
Denel's new truck.
Positioning for the army's project to replace it's trucks.

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gees9: 8:31pm On Sep 14, 2016
MikeCZA:
Denel's new truck.

Positioning for the army's project to replace it's trucks.

I like it a lot and the fact that's local is a plus
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:05pm On Sep 14, 2016
Nigerian army officials checking out the Mbombe 8 8x8 APC/IFV at AAD 2016, the chief of air staff I also present at the event.

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZA: 9:14pm On Sep 14, 2016
jakeporeshenko:
Nigerian army officials checking out the Mbombe 8 6x6 APC/IFV at AAD 2016, the chief of air staff I also present at the event.
8 × 8.

there's also the 6×6.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:32pm On Sep 14, 2016
MikeCZA:
8 × 8.

there's also the 6×6.
Ohh I'll correct that.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:41pm On Sep 14, 2016
jakeporeshenko:
Nigerian army officials checking out the Mbombe 8 8x8 APC/IFV at AAD 2016, the chief of air staff I also present at the event.

I hope they don't just check it out. We are so found of attending defence expo's and checking things out, without buying.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:44pm On Sep 14, 2016
jakeporeshenko:
I like the fact that mid level officers are inspecting . they are the future
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:49pm On Sep 14, 2016
Henry240:

I hope they don't just check it out. We are so found of attending defence expo's and checking things out, without buying.
It was just interesting to me, no future prospects and I'm not keeping my fingers crossed, the thing is that with Nigeria you can never tell, I mean who saw the whole REVA thing coming ?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZA: 9:49pm On Sep 14, 2016
Henry240:

They'll "check out" a lot of weapon systems.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:50pm On Sep 14, 2016
Nigerdeltaboi:
I like the fact that mid level officers are inspecting . they are the future
I agree, not every time top brass.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:59pm On Sep 14, 2016
jakeporeshenko:

It was just interesting to me, no future prospects and I'm not keeping my fingers crossed, the thing is that with Nigeria you can never tell, I mean who saw the whole REVA thing coming ?

The Nigerian delegation is also considerable. The army and airforce are well represented. We could get very good deals from the South-Africans if we play our cards right, especially in the area of land systems.

The Mbombe 8 doesn't look cheap though, my guess is, in that configuration with a 30mm, it would cost atleast 1.2 million a unit.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:00pm On Sep 14, 2016
MikeCZA:
They'll "check out" a lot of weapon systems.

It is a defence expo after-all.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:01pm On Sep 14, 2016
It surely would be nice to also see what the African Union pavilion has to offer.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:03pm On Sep 14, 2016
NAF ordinance, "no be only NEPA dey off light!!"

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:14pm On Sep 14, 2016
Henry240:

The Nigerian delegation is also considerable. The army and airforce are well represented. We could get very good deals from the South-Africans if we play our cards right, especially in the area of land systems.

The Mbombe 8 doesn't look cheap though, my guess is, in that configuration with a 30mm, it would cost atleast 1.2 million a unit.

1.2 million dollars shocked
Personally I believe money available should be spent on the Air Force, the army seems to be holding their ground, money should be spent on the Air Force up to the point that their response time to CAS distress calls from ground troops is quick and effective.

I want NAF to stop complaining about shortages here and there.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:21pm On Sep 14, 2016
jakeporeshenko:
NAF ordinance, "no be only NEPA dey off light!!"
WTF gringringrin!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:23pm On Sep 14, 2016
Henry240:
WTF gringringrin!
They wouldn't know what hit them. Hahaha
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by LTGEN: 10:27pm On Sep 14, 2016
I believe i read it some where that the CAS is in S'AFRICA, I really hope it is for something substantive.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 10:33pm On Sep 14, 2016
jakeporeshenko:
Every witches dat will not make us buy it..die by fire!!!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:37pm On Sep 14, 2016
Chief in US

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:47pm On Sep 14, 2016
jakeporeshenko:

1.2 million dollars shocked
Personally I believe money available should be spent on the Air Force, the army seems to be holding their ground, money should be spent on the Air Force up to the point that their response time to CAS distress calls from ground troops is quick and effective.

I want NAF to stop complaining about shortages here and there.

Personally, i hold a different view. The army is still significantly under-resourced for our size. On paper it seems we have a lot, however resources are stretched. We would lose every battle if we decide to fight like the Americans, Europeans or Russians. Air-support simply cannot always be available.

The Air Force is due to receive 15 MI-35M helicopters, when we add that to the numbers already available, that's quite significant. They also got assault helicopters in MI-17terminator1SH with more coming, 3 units of JF-17 also only represents a start up haul, we don't yet know how many were signed up for, Yahbon Flash 20 UAVs are also coming in for the air force. NNPC also donated between 6 - 10 units of LUH to them. Although you haven't verified, and there also isn't any public verification available, C-130s in long term storage are about to be reactivated.

No military can have it all, but a certain level of effectiveness can be achieved. The army is in dire need of IFVs to complement tanks, also we require additional howitzers, MLRS, APCs and helicopters.

The Navy should be a main priority, we require everything from Frigates to Inshore patrol crafts. There are over 3,000 creeks and inland waterways in Nigeria. We need additional Midshore patrol vessels such as NNS Karaduwa class, logistics ships, hydrographic ships, atleat 2 Corvettes and 1 Frigate.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:48pm On Sep 14, 2016
jakeporeshenko:
They wouldn't know what hit them. Hahaha
They sure wouldn't.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:51pm On Sep 14, 2016
Gabon

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:11pm On Sep 14, 2016
Odunayaw:
the lineage of Ramsome-Kuti must have heard of them na
oh yeah lol
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:19pm On Sep 14, 2016
Zainey338:
Hello every one, how are you? smiley
we are all good..... u a newbie
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:20pm On Sep 14, 2016
Odunayaw:
Every witches dat will not make us buy it..die by fire!!!
Jajajaja, don't kill me with laughter please.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:24pm On Sep 14, 2016
Henry240:

Personally, i hold a different view. The army is still significantly under-resourced for our size. On paper it seems we have a lot, however resources are stretched. We would lose every battle if we decide to fight like the Americans, Europeans or Russians. Air-support simply cannot always be available.

The Air Force is due to receive 15 MI-35M helicopters, when we add that to the numbers already available, that's quite significant. They also got assault helicopters in MI-17terminator1SH with more coming, 3 units of JF-17 also only represents a start up haul, we don't yet know how many were signed up for, Yahbon Flash 20 UAVs are also coming in for the air force. NNPC also donated between 6 - 10 units of LUH to them. Although you haven't verified, and there also isn't any public verification available, C-130s in long term storage are about to be reactivated.

No military can have it all, but a certain level of effectiveness can be achieved. The army is in dire need of IFVs to complement tanks, also we require additional howitzers, MLRS, APCs and helicopters.

The Navy should be a main priority, we require everything from Frigates to Inshore patrol crafts. There are over 3,000 creeks and inland waterways in Nigeria. We need additional Midshore patrol vessels such as NNS Karaduwa class, logistics ships, hydrographic ships, atleat 2 Corvettes and 1 Frigate.

Your last paragraph cannot be over emphasized, the importance of the navy should not be taken for granted ! Especially with a country like Nigeria with soomuch potential and ongoing economic activities inshore and offshore.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 11:39pm On Sep 14, 2016
Henry240:

How much does andoni-karaduwa class cost the Nigerian navy locally? ...any price idea if it was manufactured by a foreign company? How many can NESL produce in three years?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:43pm On Sep 14, 2016
LTGEN:
I believe i read it some where that the CAS is in S'AFRICA, I really hope it is for something substantive.
exactly my thoughts and I read yesterday abt d.launching of d production of the rooivalks mk 11 or something like dat in SA . and with our CAS in SA on OFFICIAL ASSIGNMENT.we can but cross our fingers
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:00am On Sep 15, 2016
pacretus:
Good to know they're still active.but in benin i don't see them often.

Sir i don't see sidearm with nigerian soldiers. Why?

(1) (2) (3) ... (635) (636) (637) (638) (639) (640) (641) ... (2849) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.