Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,494 members, 7,816,176 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:04 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (828) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5965012 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (825) (826) (827) (828) (829) (830) (831) ... (2843) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:33pm On Dec 13, 2016
giles14:
my broad no good news comes from dat network.

but am not surprise after all Qatar is one of the nations sponsoring terrorism.

what is happening in the army, the way our col/Lt col are been killed looks suspicious. just my own thinking

I see no foul play. He was hit by an IED. Casualties occur in conflict.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:33pm On Dec 13, 2016
Nigerian army fan inspired art.

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:35pm On Dec 13, 2016
Nigerian navy NNS Andoni, Seaward Defence Boat.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:48pm On Dec 13, 2016
What are these sticks used by some high-rank officers in your army ?? They used them for what ??

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:54pm On Dec 13, 2016
off topic :Two Turkish Leo 2A4 tanks were hit by ATGM near Al-Bab during fighting with IS.on the last photo the second Leo 2A4 suffered an ammo cook-off

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:55pm On Dec 13, 2016
chkil:
What are these sticks used by some high-rank officers in your army ?? They used them for what ??

It is called a Swagger stick. It is symbolizes seniority and it has been used since the 60s. It also serves as a makeshift chair.

Southern Nigerian chiefs also carry swagger sticks for the same purpose.

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:55pm On Dec 13, 2016
chkil:
sitting!

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:57pm On Dec 13, 2016
africaken254:
off topic :Two Turkish Leo 2A4 tanks were hit by ATGM near Al-Bab during fighting with IS.on the last photo the second Leo 2A4 suffered an ammo cook-off

We can now all put to rest the so called invincibility of Western tanks over those from Russia.

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 7:13pm On Dec 13, 2016
gees9:

Thanks for that insight, I took that figure from an article about Marikana. Believe a colonel disclosed that number some years back. Wish they could do even a 10 minute documentary for old times sake

They should mount a GoPro just for a single shoot out, the video would go viral.. We're hungry for action. These guys bust brains open and don't get to show us. Not fair.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:19pm On Dec 13, 2016
Henry240:

We can now all put to rest the so called invincibility of Western tanks over those from Russia.
seriously !,why waste millions of dollars and then be disappointed grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZA: 7:42pm On Dec 13, 2016
chkil:
grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:43pm On Dec 13, 2016
africaken254:
seriously !,why waste millions of dollars and then be disappointed grin grin grin

I'll like Patches689 to answer this question in the Technical discussion thread. I really want to know.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:46pm On Dec 13, 2016
jteku:

Would have been glad if you guys would cut across sambisa forest northeast Nigeria on your bikes, and get us some front line pictures....I assure you it will be fun

I'm sure it would be but it's just a tad out of the way. grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gees9: 7:48pm On Dec 13, 2016
GreenandGold:

They should mount a GoPro just for a single shoot out, the video would go viral.. We're hungry for action. These guys bust brains open and don't get to show us. Not fair.

Yes! And I stand to be corrected, but the actual operators probably wouldn't mind. I mean even Spetsnaz is all over the internet and what I don't get is that the last documentary was made in 1996, plainly it's ridiculous that we can't get an insight into STF operations.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZA: 7:52pm On Dec 13, 2016
gees9:

Yes! And I stand to be corrected, but the actual operators probably wouldn't mind. I mean even Spetsnaz is all over the internet and what I don't get is that the last documentary was made in 1996, plainly it's ridiculous that we can't get an insight into STF operations.
Because they were "bad people"!

PR exercise! Similar docie was made of the SASFB.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:53pm On Dec 13, 2016
Nigerian soldier

Larger version of this photo that had previously been shared in these pages.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by giles14(m): 8:05pm On Dec 13, 2016
Henry240:

I see no foul play. He was hit by an IED. Casualties occur in conflict.
thou I knw u don't like sahara reporters but pls care to read the news about late officer.in every lie there is an atom of truth
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 8:22pm On Dec 13, 2016
Henry240:
Nigerian soldier

Larger version of this photo that had previously been shared in these pages.
Why isn't this standard across all troops? Or at least a whole battalion?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 8:24pm On Dec 13, 2016
Henry240:

Of course any tank hit by a missile wouldn't last... I see no point in this.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZA: 9:00pm On Dec 13, 2016
GreenandGold:

Of course any tank hit by a missile wouldn't last... I see no point in this.
Effectiveness of any tank will be judged on it's performance against another main battle tank.

The Egyptian carrying their suite cases proved effective against Israeli tank in 73.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:07pm On Dec 13, 2016
GreenandGold:

Why isn't this standard across all troops? Or at least a whole battalion?

That's a standard across the Nigerian military's commando battalion. That's a Nigerian military commando.

This is what the kit of your average Nigerian soldier looks like (the photos in this post).

All soldiers deployed come kitted in a DICON battle/bulletproof vest/webbing, boots, desert or woodland camo, rifle, camel back and radio.

The Personal Role Radios those commandos are carrying are only issued to Commandos.

Now you'll say...... But some of the photos of the guys in the N.E aren't this way?

The answer is Soldier preference. For many reasons including the fact that heat temperatures in the AOR averages +40 degrees or a delay in logistics replacement.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:22pm On Dec 13, 2016
Kenya air force

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:56pm On Dec 13, 2016
Nigeria vice President ProfOsinbajo in Algiers

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:00pm On Dec 13, 2016
Is the ECOWAS standby force in Abj still active, will the be deployed to Gambia if the need arise

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:39pm On Dec 13, 2016
IbnSultaan:
Is the ECOWAS standby force in Abj still active, will the be deployed to Gambia if the need arise

We would not forcefully seek regime change in Gambia. That's not a Nigerian diplomatic route. We would offer the Gambian leader a place in Calabar if things escalate, but then again i don't see that happening.

There would be no force deployed in Gambia. This isn't an option on the table.

If there are concrete evidences of Western interferences like Jammeh claims, he would present the evidence to the Presidents of Nigeria, SLR, Liberia and Ghana.

Let us see how diplomacy plays out. However for a fact, I don't believe Nigeria would allow a forceful regime change in Gambia. It's not the right option to take.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by giles14(m): 11:40pm On Dec 13, 2016
IbnSultaan:
standby force?
ECOMOG is better

pls just inform the CoAS to get ready to deploy 1 brigade.
the only problem i see is transportation of men and hardwares.

Senegal ,ivory coast , Niger can contribute 1 battalion each

Liberia ,Togo, Benin ,cape Verde,Guinea, Sierra Leone and Guinea Bissau can all contribute atleast 1or 2 company each.
then Ghana can come with their engineering company.. (sentry duties)

Mali and Burkina Faso are exempted due to their own security struggles.

for me west Africa don't really need the standby force we have always had one
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by giles14(m): 11:48pm On Dec 13, 2016
Henry240:

We would not forcefully seek regime change in Gambia. That's not a Nigerian diplomatic route. We would offer the Gambian leader a place in Calabar if things escalate, but then again i don't see that happening.

If there are concrete evidences of Western interferences like Jammeh claims, he would present the evidence to the Presidents of Nigeria, SLR, Liberia and Ghana.

Let us see how diplomacy plays out. However for a fact, I don't believe Nigeria would allow a forceful regime change in Gambia. It's not the right option to take.
dialogue is the way,but if jammeh prove stubborn then let get prepared for ECOMOG 2.0
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 12:31am On Dec 14, 2016
Henry240:

It hit it on the side of the turret, A4's have weak armor there. This came up when news broke of them in Syria... consensus was they frontally they would be ok, but side on allmost any ATGM made after 1970 would penetrate

Hence the A7 has a huge block of add on armor there, same with the A5.

No one ever said western tanks are invincible, thats a strawman argument Russiaphiles create.

Pic: A4 on the right, A7 on the left

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 12:37am On Dec 14, 2016
africaken254:

Turks operate surplus cold-war leo's that were designed to fight other tanks head-on.

A5 and above were designed with more modern considerations, hence huge emphasise on side-armor and underfloor armor.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by alanka(f): 12:53am On Dec 14, 2016
Nigerian army special forces
African militaries? they need cage so, they dont put their mouth to what doesnt concern them
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by overhypedsteve(m): 1:08am On Dec 14, 2016
IbnSultaan:
all fingers are crossed. Jameh supporters better not start an uprising because that may force the ECOWAS Heads to consider peace keeping which would eventually lead to peace enforcement and then an ECOWAS and UN supervised General Election. Actually we are very good at this. We ve been defending democracy in West Africa by kicking out greedy Dictators even from our days of Military Dictatorship. As per whether the ECOWAS peace keeping force is still active, it does not have to be active. So long as all party to the ECOWAS treaty have agreed to it creation and the condition for its deployment . it would be called up when the need arise.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by overhypedsteve(m): 1:13am On Dec 14, 2016
Henry240:

Force would be deployed in Gambia if:
Supporters of one party starts an uprising which leads to an Humanitarian crisis.
If Jameh agrees to rerun the election under ECOWAS supervision to prevent foreign influence( Jameh may believe it would be hard for his opponents foreign benefactor to buy ECOWAS).
If Crisis ensues while Jameh is still pleading to his other West African Colleague's that there was a foreign agenda to place a foreign controlled surrogate at the helm of affair in West Africa. The ECOWAS leaders would begin to see it as regional politics and would not want a foreign interventive force to come in, stabilize peace and monitor elections these won't go down well with the ECOWAS leaders because any election conducted under the presence of a foreign power may be seen as "influenced" by the ECOWAS heads.
So force may be considered.

(1) (2) (3) ... (825) (826) (827) (828) (829) (830) (831) ... (2843) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.