Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,628 members, 7,816,588 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:34 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (829) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5965500 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (826) (827) (828) (829) (830) (831) (832) ... (2843) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 1:26am On Dec 14, 2016
Henry240:

That's a standard across the Nigerian military's commando battalion. That's a Nigerian military commando.

This is what the kit of your average Nigerian soldier looks like (the photos in this post).

All soldiers deployed come kitted in a DICON battle/bulletproof vest/webbing, boots, desert or woodland camo, rifle, camel back and radio.

The Personal Role Radios those commandos are carrying are only issued to Commandos.

Now you'll say...... But some of the photos of the guys in the N.E aren't this way?

The answer is Soldier preference. For many reasons including the fact that heat temperatures in the AOR averages +40 degrees or a delay in logistics replacement.

Not trying to start a fight here

But we both know radios aren't standard for regulars.

With regards to guys in the NE saying soldier preference isn't a good reason.

Taking the back plate out of your BPV is one thing (like our guys do) but just wearing what you want is another.

This is one of the sergeants jobs - policing uniforms and equipment!

It's called a UNIform for a reason! wink

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 1:29am On Dec 14, 2016
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 1:32am On Dec 14, 2016
Patchesagain:

Taking the back plate out of your BPV is one thing (like our guys do) but just wearing what you want is another.

exactly
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nok234: 3:00am On Dec 14, 2016
Henry240:
OFF-TOPIC

The joys of watching Al-jazeera wail!! gringringrin

I hope they won't burn their Doha offices when Raqqa falls.

Bunch of terrorist sympathizers.

I TELL YOU LMAO !!! even CNN to or Euronews
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Tinfoil: 3:06am On Dec 14, 2016
Documentary about the Sierra Leone civil war shot and narrated by a local. ECOMOG, Nigerian army, are seen acting just as or more brutal than the rebels.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSWsZ5_5ZCk
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nok234: 3:06am On Dec 14, 2016
giles14:
my broad no good news comes from dat network.

but am not surprise after all Qatar is one of the nations sponsoring terrorism.

what is happening in the army, the way our col/Lt col are been killed looks suspicious. just my own thinking

lack of equipment, the war is almost over bh is almost finish but IEDs, and small assault hit and run pussy bh assassins still exist, we need to clear all the area from IEDs and our col/Lt we will need them for South South or Training the new ones. Im not a soldier but even Barcelona when they are going to play with a small team they dont use Messi ... I have to witdraw some of them
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nok234: 3:07am On Dec 14, 2016
chkil:
What are these sticks used by some high-rank officers in your army ?? They used them for what ??
represent POWER

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nok234: 3:23am On Dec 14, 2016
giles14:
dialogue is the way,but if jammeh prove stubborn then let get prepared for ECOMOG 2.0
Im not ok with the West I will never be, but Jammeh ! is an idiot this man is killing this small poor country ... for sure he have to go, the other guy must be under Nigeria influence why because it will BE stupid to do the dirty job for UK ( the west ) ...
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nok234: 3:30am On Dec 14, 2016
Tinfoil:
Documentary about the Sierra Leone civil war shot and narrated by a local. ECOMOG, Nigerian army, are seen acting just as or more brutal than the rebels.

none sence !!!!! the Nigerian army save this country from collapse, did you ever seen a rebel say he is a rebel when caught by the most feard army of west africa seriously did you believe everything people says. Our soldiers died there and if he is one of them good for him ! stop this propaganda

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nok234: 3:50am On Dec 14, 2016
Tinfoil:

next time we are going to let the west and their bloody killers finish sierra leone then we will see, they must thank god our gallat soldiers were there maybe it was brutal but this is war, war is not an hollywood movie

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZA: 4:15am On Dec 14, 2016
giles14:
standby force?
ECOMOG is better

pls just inform the CoAS to get ready to deploy 1 brigade.
the only problem i see is transportation of men and hardwares.

Senegal ,ivory coast , Niger can contribute 1 battalion each

Liberia ,Togo, Benin ,cape Verde,Guinea, Sierra Leone and Guinea Bissau can all contribute atleast 1or 2 company each.
then Ghana can come with their engineering company.. (sentry duties)

Mali and Burkina Faso are exempted due to their own security struggles.

for me west Africa don't really need the standby force we have always had one
You realise the Nigerian military is overstretched?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nok234: 4:22am On Dec 14, 2016
MikeCZA:
You realise the Nigerian military is overstretched?

Im ok with you, right the Nigerian Armed Forces have other problems
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:11am On Dec 14, 2016
IbnSultaan:
Is the ECOWAS standby force in Abj still active, will the be deployed to Gambia if the need arise
considering the recent trend in several african countries in turmoil e.g south sudan,burundi,mali e.t.c its doubtful any african country will be in a rush to intervene in such chaos
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:22am On Dec 14, 2016
Tinfoil:

you do like to comment about Africa,when your not even African !
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:08am On Dec 14, 2016
Patchesagain:

The Nigerian military has moved forward to solve this problem. So now, we have a situation where every regular across the tri-service serving has only two options, the Desert camo and Woodland option.

I do agree that the sergeants could have been better at their job, but the military institution as a whole has stepped in. So compared to 2015 when we had 2 types of Woodland and almost 3 types of Desert, we have now reached a juncture were significant progress has been made.

Also on the BPV, as long as DHQ provides this to all but the soldiers feel they can do without it in some cases, i absolutely have no problem with that.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 8:13am On Dec 14, 2016
[quote author=Henry240 post=51912864][/quote]

Relevance?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gees9: 8:13am On Dec 14, 2016
MikeCZA:
Because they were "bad people"!

PR exercise! Similar docie was made of the SASFB.

So you mean it was approved because the new government thought they were evil units? I never picked that up. What I have always found ironic is that Eugene de Kock was rejected from the STF, which was supposedly his dream unit, but walked right into Koevoet. So STF has historically done purely police work.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:37am On Dec 14, 2016
Patchesagain:

Relevance?

Go back to the post, i have now added on the comment.

On Radios, they are a standard. I don't know where you get your idea from. The essence of the photo is to sure where Nigerian troops usually hang them. I'm referring to the soldier standing with the Nigerian chiefs.

@Deathmachine, Youngmoneypi, Souljaboi and the other Nigerian soldiers who comment on this thread can confirm.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 8:44am On Dec 14, 2016
Henry240:

Go back to the post, i have now added on the comment.

On Radios, they are a standard. I don't know where you get your idea from. The essence of the photo is to sure where Nigerian troops usually hang them. I'm referring to the soldier standing with the Nigerian chiefs.

@Deathmachine, Youngmoneypi, Souljaboi and the other Nigerian soldiers who comment on this thread can confirm.

I disagree on the radios, pictures and logic being my basis

But let's leave it at that: we disagree

No need to start another poo flinging contest (just yet)
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:55am On Dec 14, 2016
Patchesagain:

I disagree on the radios, pictures and logic being my basis
But let's leave it at that: we disagree
No need to start another poo flinging contest (just yet)
I guess so. We agree to disagree.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:40am On Dec 14, 2016
Tunisian BAT - a Police SF ; doing a Confidence shot , not many SF in the world do this exercise .

from 00: 30

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVswxoHz7is

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:48am On Dec 14, 2016
chkil:
Tunisian BAT - a Police SF ; doing a Confidence shot , not many SF in the world do this exercise .

from 00: 30

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVswxoHz7is
I have seen some naughty soldiers doing this ,but I call it rough play ooo grin

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Tinfoil: 12:11pm On Dec 14, 2016
africaken254:
you do like to comment about Africa,when your not even African !

I am more African than you, you seem to adore white people, you need to change you colonial mindset Mr. whitey
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:22pm On Dec 14, 2016
Tinfoil:

I am more African than you, you seem to adore white people, you need to change you colonial mindset Mr. whitey
your not pure African,your something else." Korita ne koru"
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 12:32pm On Dec 14, 2016
O look, a round "who has more melanin"

Calm down you two re.tards

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:34pm On Dec 14, 2016
patches689:

" Korita ne koru"
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:47pm On Dec 14, 2016
UPDF heading to south sudan

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:49pm On Dec 14, 2016
UPDF Soldiers

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 1:01pm On Dec 14, 2016
patches689:

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:05pm On Dec 14, 2016
Tinfoil ur something else undecided

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:24pm On Dec 14, 2016
"Korua ne kendo kia fata mono "

UPDF

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:36pm On Dec 14, 2016
Nigerdeltaboi:
I have seen some naughty soldiers doing this ,but I call it rough play ooo grin

Highly unnecessary rough play. grin I remember when Naijapikingidi said soldiers also do this. I was like, for what reason na??

(1) (2) (3) ... (826) (827) (828) (829) (830) (831) (832) ... (2843) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.