Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,559 members, 7,850,913 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 10:50 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (855) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6015978 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (852) (853) (854) (855) (856) (857) (858) ... (2850) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:46pm On Dec 27, 2016
darknetcom:

the congo??..

why?..

this doesnt make sense..

what are this whites up to again??...
i dont think there is any particular reason for this meeting,just Trump trying to show he will maintain a close interest on issues concerning Africa.this is the wrong president to talk with issues concerning Libya(just shows how his administration is confused)
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:52pm On Dec 27, 2016
Henry240:

It is unlikely that NA would go for that vehicle, infact it is unlikely that they'll even go for anything for that matter. The army seems to be perpetually stuck in the middle of nowhere like Courage the cowardly dog.

As for me, I'm done speculating, i got my hopes perpetually smashed by the military in 2016. I'm simply going to respect myself and look forward to the launch of SDB III. Anything concerning acquisition(s) is over for me.

Henro they better not try it or else Odunayaw and myself will organize angry mob to protest at army HQ in Abuja, COAS and the gang seem willing and able to go shopping for new assets, the only thing that seems to be missing is the finance. Now is the time wether recession or no recession, if they don't acquire now, in the next 1 year when Boko haram is history politicians will have reasons to withhold funds.
We will begin to hear "competiting demand"
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:55pm On Dec 27, 2016
British intelligence agency GCHQ spied on africa leaders,opposition leaders,businessmen,african companies,military and intelligence heads,african embassies e.t.c this is from data cache of the former NSA (National Security Agency) operative Edward Snowden

Dozens of politicians, diplomats, military and intelligence chiefs, members of the opposition and leading business figures were wiretapped across the continent.This rare overview of modern satellite espionage could hardly be less technical and abstract, for it not only names the victims of intercepts but also reveals the scale of a surveillance operation spanning an entire continent. That continent is Africa. New documents shown to Le Monde, in collaboration with The Intercept, from the data cache of the former NSA (National Security Agency) operative Edward Snowden, originally given to Glenn Greenwald and Laura Poitras, offer unprecedented insight into information on twenty African countries collected by GCHQ, the British intelligence service, between 2009 and 2010.Dozens of lists of intercepts examined by Le Monde journalists stem from a specific period of operations by GCHQ technicians. These reports celebrate GCHQ’s success in redirecting flows of satellite communications, and conclude that the agency could now proceed with systematic data collection.The lists of hundreds of intercepts by GCHQ contain the names of heads of states, incumbent or former prime ministers, diplomats, military and intelligence chiefs, members of the opposition and leading figures from the world of business and the financial industry. These actions violated the political, economic and strategic sovereignty of twenty African countries, many of whose leaders were allies of Great Britain.GCHQ’s main targets were heads of state and prime ministers. Although the UK was Kenya’s main trade partner, in March 2009 the British secret services intercepted communications by President Mwai Kibaki and his closest strategic advisers, as well as eavesdropping on Prime Minister Raila Odinga. They followed the same approach in Angola, Africa’s largest oil producer, which has been governed by President José Eduardo Dos Santos since 1979. The intercept reports show that Luanda’s presidential palace was under surveillance. At the time of the intercepts, Angola was suffering from a crash in commodity prices, and U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton visited Luanda to boost strategic cooperation between the two countries. Great Britain provided information to the United States to ensure the latter retained its stranglehold on the region.

GCHQ also conducted massive intercepts in Nigeria, a former British colony and member of the Commonwealth. British agents listened in on phone calls by President Umaru Yar’Adua, his aide-de-camp and his main advisers, including his principal private secretary and his special adviser. GCHQ also targeted the vice-president of the continent’s most populous country and the largest economic power in the region. As the Nigerian head of state was already sick (he died on 5 May 2010), his successor Goodluck Jonathan’s phone line was also on the list of planned intercepts.

Yet GCHQ did not focus exclusively on politicians. The lists also feature some of the continents’ leading businessmen and bankers including the Kenyan Chris Kirubi. The Nigerian billionaire Tony Elumelu, regarded as one of Africa’s richest and most influential men, was also targeted by British agents in 2009. A friend of Nigeria’s then president Umaru Yar’Adua, Elumelu was at the helm of the United Bank for Africa (UBA).

The data includes the contact details of the Nigerian ministers of finance and oil, as well as those of various telecommunications operators and of major banks such as Zenith Bank. There are also details about the immensely wealthy Dahiru Mangal, the region’s smuggling kingpin, who hails from Katsina like the Nigerian president, and provides financial backing to his own president and to the head of state of Niger. In Lagos, Nigeria’s economic capital, the British made sure that they listened in on the telecommunications of the Africa Finance Corporation, a pan-African financial institution that funds infrastructure investment. Its vice-president Solomon Asamoah came in for particularly heavy surveillance.
read more http://www.lemonde.fr/afrique/article/2016/12/08/british-spying-tentacles-reach-across-africa-s-heads-of-states-and-business-leaders_5045668_3212.html?xtmc=mwai_kibaki&xtcr=2
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:15pm On Dec 27, 2016
As part of U.S.-Chadian efforts to counter Boko Haram in the Lake Chad Basin, the United States will provide 60 Toyota David Light Armored Vehicles to the Chadian Task Force. The first twenty vehicles were presented by Lt. Col. Charles Lewis, U.S. Chief of Security Cooperation at the U.S. Embassy in N'Djamena, and received by General Guinambaye Barde, Chadian second Deputy Chief of Staff, in a ceremony on Dec. 8, 2016.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by darknetcom: 3:23pm On Dec 27, 2016
africaken254:
i dont think there is any particular reason for this meeting,just Trump trying to show he will maintain a close interest on issues concerning Africa.this is the wrong president to talk with issues concerning Libya(just shows how his administration is confused)

in congo..
this doesnt make sense...

already confused at the start...

the next 2 years is going to become very interesting in the entire world....indeed...
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:48pm On Dec 27, 2016
What is the name given to this ungodly sized riverine boat operated by Nigerian navy ?

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Deway75: 4:01pm On Dec 27, 2016
Manta class littoral interceptor made by Suncraft Tech (Singapore)

jakeporeshenko:
What is the name given to this ungodly sized riverine boat operated by Nigerian navy ?

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 4:19pm On Dec 27, 2016
africaken254:

The Trump administration knows exactly what they are doing

There is a saying, "Trump plays 4th Dimensional Chess"

If you have followed the campaign closely, you would know that Trump and Bannon are master stratergists... Always a step ahead of everyone.

The Taiwan phone-call is a good example.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 4:22pm On Dec 27, 2016
jakeporeshenko:

I bet no one can name the guns on that boat

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:27pm On Dec 27, 2016
jakeporeshenko:

That's a Manta class riverine patrol boat. We got them from Singapore.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:28pm On Dec 27, 2016
Patchesagain:

I bet no one can name the guns on that boat
3 x 12.7mm
1 x 40mm grenade launcher
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 4:38pm On Dec 27, 2016
Henry240:

3 x 12.7mm

1 x 40mm grenade launcher

Name the 12.7, jackass
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 4:39pm On Dec 27, 2016
Sorry for off topic

But... The Turks (and their Leo 2A4s) aren't doing so well...

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:40pm On Dec 27, 2016
Patchesagain:

Name the 12.7, jackass
Singapore Kinetics 12.7mm HMG.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:43pm On Dec 27, 2016
jakeporeshenko:

Henro they better not try it or else Odunayaw and myself will organize angry mob to protest at army HQ in Abuja, COAS and the gang seem willing and able to go shopping for new assets, the only thing that seems to be missing is the finance. Now is the time wether recession or no recession, if they don't acquire now, in the next 1 year when Boko haram is history politicians will have reasons to withhold funds.

The body language from the army is borderline hopeless. No sign of movement on that end. Atleast we are all well aware of the Air Force and to some extent the Navy.

Besides, what did we even get with the 2016 budget, I nova see anything interms of acquisitions.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 4:44pm On Dec 27, 2016
Henry240:

Singapore Kinetics 12.7mm HMG.

CIS 50MG

Unique for its duel feed set up, allowing the gunner to switch seamlessly between Ball, AP or SABOT (yes, SABOT)

Singapore makes great guns, can't believe more people aren't adopting them as you can see above, further:

The Ultimax is a SAW that basically has no recoil
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:51pm On Dec 27, 2016
Patchesagain:
Sorry for off topic

You mean from Al Bab alone, what about from other fronts? How could they have lost 11 Tanks, 10 Leos in Al Bab, what are they even doing?

How many tanks have they lost in general, I know the Kurds killed a couple Patton tanks initially, any ideas?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:01pm On Dec 27, 2016
Patchesagain:

CIS 50MG

Unique for its duel feed set up, allowing the gunner to switch seamlessly between Ball, AP or SABOT (yes, SABOT)

Singapore makes great guns, can't believe more people aren't adopting them as you can see above, further:

The Ultimax is a SAW that basically has no recoil

They are a small city state in Asia. Most people can't point out Singapore in the map. They do make very good Interceptors and MPVs.

All navy guns and 40mms are bought from SK.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 5:01pm On Dec 27, 2016
Henry240:

You mean from Al Bab alone, what about from other fronts? How could they have lost 11 Tanks, 10 Leos in Al Bab, what are they even doing?

How many tanks have they lost in general, I know the Kurds killed a couple Patton tanks initially, any ideas?

Leo's are only around Al-bab, but no one really knows what the fvck is going on along the Turkish/IS front - many conflicting stories

They posted an entire troop of Leo 2's deep inside "Indian Territory" without decent infantry or combined arms support and got buttsexed with ATGMs/Suicide bombers

Turks have been completely pushed outside of Al-bab now

Retards, complete retards

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:19pm On Dec 27, 2016
AFSF and NA radios

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZA: 5:20pm On Dec 27, 2016
Patchesagain:
Sorry for off topic

The Turks aren't doing well.

Great time for Denel and Saab to market their LED-150 active protection system. Still wish since the active protection system was funded by the army that it was intergrated into Project hoefyster or Arum Lily.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:28pm On Dec 27, 2016
Patchesagain:

Leo's are only around Al-bab, but no one really knows what the fvck is going on along the Turkish/IS front - many conflicting stories

They posted an entire troop of Leo 2's deep inside "Indian Territory" without decent infantry or combined arms support and got buttsexed with ATGMs/Suicide bombers

Turks have been completely pushed outside of Al-bab now

Retards, complete retards

** I'll like to correct an error i made a couple weeks back on the size of Turkey in NATO. I initially said Turkey has the 4rd largest military in NATO behind the US, UK and France.

Actually the Turks have the 2nd largest military in NATO, only behind the US.

In my opinion, Turkey deploying Tanks and IFVs, without large scale Infantry was a very bad idea. Syria sits right on the border, the idea of copying Western partners in sending only SF is a bad, terrible idea. Not like their Special Forces have been effective anyway, i mean, when compared to the Russians, the other SF units operating in Syria seem to be a bunch of over-pampered babies.

The Turks would eventually take Al bab, but the losses we are currently seeing could have been avoided.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:36pm On Dec 27, 2016
Egypt Navy Special Forces during ship boarding exercise, ENS Gamal Abdel Nasser is seen in the background

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:38pm On Dec 27, 2016
AMISOM somalia

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:48pm On Dec 27, 2016
Henry240:

** I'll like to correct an error i made a couple weeks back on the size of Turkey in NATO. I initially said Turkey has the 4rd largest military in NATO behind the US, UK and France.

In my opinion, Turkey deploying Tanks and IFVs, without large scale Infantry was a very bad idea. Syria sits right on the border, the idea of copying Western partners in sending only SF is a bad, terrible idea. Not like their Special Forces have been effective anyway, i mean, when compared to the Russians, the other SF units operating in Syria seem to be a bunch of over-pampered babies.

The Turks would eventually take Al bab, but the losses we are currently seeing could have been avoided.
whats will infantry do when your enemy is targeting your armour using ATGM with ranges of 4 -7km !(most of the clashes between ISIS and turkish troops aren't in densely urban areas) also turkey having more personnel does equate to strength.china has the second largest air force in the world but most of the planes are second generation MIG-21 variants

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:00pm On Dec 27, 2016
africaken254:
whats will infantry do when your enemy is targeting your armour using ATGM with ranges of 4 -7km !(most of the clashes between ISIS and turkish troops aren't in densely urban areas) also turkey having more personnel does equate to strength.china has the second largest air force in the world but most of the planes are second generation MIG-21 variants

Infantry would allow the Turks provide a coordinated and well targeted response, irrespective of the distance the ATGM is fired from.

Quantity is it's own quality. The US for instance has 1.2 million soldiers. We tend to forget this.

In the Kurks battle, for every T-34 destroyed by the Tiger tank, the Russians responded with 2 or 3 more, until the Russians eventually overwhelmed the Germans.

Turkey having the second largest military in NATO is an advantage, however their surgeon into Syria seems to suggest their are gaps in the quality of NATO training.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZA: 6:09pm On Dec 27, 2016
africaken254:

They provide a screen.

In Angola in the initial stages of the 88 battles South Africa deployed "Tank hunter teams" equipped with missiles. The Angolans simply used infantry to screen the tanks.

They aren't destroyed at long ranges.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZA: 6:14pm On Dec 27, 2016
Henry240:

Other special forces from the coalition seem ineffective cause of the strategy western nations have adopted.

unrelated: They all almost look the same.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:22pm On Dec 27, 2016
Henry240:

Infantry would allow the Turks provide a coordinated and well targeted response, irrespective of the distance the ATGM is fired from.

Quantity is it's own quality. The US for instance has 1.2 million soldiers. We tend to forget this.

In the Kurks battle, for every T-34 destroyed by the Tiger tank, the Russians responded with 2 or 3 more, until the Russians eventually overwhelmed the Germans.

Turkey having the second largest military in NATO is an advantage, however their surgeon into Syria seems to suggest their are gaps in the quality of NATO training.
how! it seems your not understanding the kind of environment i am talking about ! at which distance can you see with you Mark 1 eyeball! your carrying a G-3 rifle with a range of Effective firing range 500 metres,how effective are you going to be against an ATGM ! so did saddan with his countless T-72 tanks during Gulf war 1,the russian thought their numerical advantage would help them in the first chechen war campaign but ended up being a disaster
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:24pm On Dec 27, 2016
MikeCZA:

unrelated: They all almost look the same.
What almost all look the same.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 6:27pm On Dec 27, 2016
jakeporeshenko:

grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:34pm On Dec 27, 2016
MikeCZA:
They provide a screen.

In Angola in the initial stages of the 88 battles South Africa deployed "Tank hunter teams" equipped with missiles. The Angolans simply used infantry to screen the tanks.

They aren't destroyed at long ranges.
even hezbollah used effectively ATGM systems to hunt Israeli infantry,during their occupation of southern Lebanon and during the 2006 Lebanon.i have seen hezbollah videos of dismounted israel infantry walking alongside their APC's,startled when their APC suddenly get hit by AT-3 Sagger anti-tank guided missiles.there are also countless other videos of syrian troops startled when their vehicles or themselves are hit by ATGM

(1) (2) (3) ... (852) (853) (854) (855) (856) (857) (858) ... (2850) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: NabiAsli

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.