Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,814 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:23 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (909) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5970962 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (906) (907) (908) (909) (910) (911) (912) ... (2843) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:29am On Jan 25, 2017
GreenandGold:

I feel you... I live next to the Kruger National Park, it's heat without mercy. grin

but you have snow in south africa ,

for people who like snow , check this thread about snow in all region of Africa

https://www.nairaland.com/2947415/snow-africa-pic
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by rka2: 11:31am On Jan 25, 2017
Nigeria Navy in Senegal.

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:34am On Jan 25, 2017
rka2:
Nigeria Navy in Senegal.
What a thing of beauty. Please more Nigeria photos.
You have any of the army in this campaign?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by rka2: 11:42am On Jan 25, 2017
Catain Ogunleye of NNS Unity briefing senior officers on arrival in Senegal.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by rka2: 11:44am On Jan 25, 2017
Henry240:

What a thing of beauty. Please more Nigeria photos.

You have any of the army in this campaign?

I have been searching, but so far no luck. Will keep trying.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 11:59am On Jan 25, 2017
chkil:

but you have snow in south africa ,

for people who like snow , check this thread about snow in all region of Africa

https://www.nairaland.com/2947415/snow-africa-pic

Yes there's snow but in some parts of the country, my own region is very humid.. The only thing you get is a cold front and winter chills from snowy areas.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:07pm On Jan 25, 2017
rka2:

I have been searching, but so far no luck. Will keep trying.

I've been searching also, I can't seem to understand how they've gone MIA in front of the lenses. I assume at least 400 men are in Gambia, the memo was for a battalion, 800.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jan 25, 2017
jakeporeshenko:

Yeah definitely, anyone can look at a map and see the difference. It can be compared to NA soldiers deploying to the Niger delta.

It makes perfect sense that Senegal leads the way.

The Gambia operation is just a large training exercise to test the readiness capabilities of the major players involved. For Senegal it's to test their rapid response, for Nigeria it is to exercise how effectively the 3 armed services can respond, work with a single chain of command and operate together. I believe it's also to see how far the logistics of the military can stretch.

If there was any resistance, we would have tested how Naval GunFire Support (NGFS) can be deployed in support of ground/friendly troops. Since our operations in Liberia and Sierra-leone, we haven't deployed any form of NGFS.

That's what i think all these military posturing is.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:09pm On Jan 25, 2017
today i watched an ISIS in sinai Propaganda video,showing attacks on Egyptian troops in sinai. i was astonished by the level of sophistication of those attacks,especially attacks which were mostly concentrated on APC with mounted counter-IED jamming devices(it looked like they were using other trigger mechanism,because it seems those jammers were not working) they were also targeting dismounted troops with IED's and also daring to attack low flying apache helicopter with Dshk. if some of their IED technology were to be spread to other terrorist groups in Africa,we would be in serious trouble

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:19pm On Jan 25, 2017
AMISOM KDF officers during a three-day medical camp for residents of Hoosingo town, in Lower Jubba. The officers also donated supplies to the schools in the town as part of their civil-military engagement

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by rka2: 1:50pm On Jan 25, 2017
Henry240:

I've been searching also, I can't seem to understand how they've gone MIA in front of the lenses. I assume at least 400 men are in Gambia, the memo was for a battalion, 800.

I am guessing they are still based in Senegal somewhere and will only join the Senegalese if things deteriorate
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jan 25, 2017
second explosion caught on camera after a terrorist attack on a Mogadishu hotel today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4eseKjE8DA
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:30pm On Jan 25, 2017
COMMISSIONING OF NEW PROJECTS ON NAF BASE MAKURDI

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jan 25, 2017

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:21pm On Jan 25, 2017
Sudan armed forces 9K33 Osa (SA-8 Gecko) missile launch during the recent military Exercise 'Knight's Challenge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BO2Kbi6TJ0g

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jan 25, 2017
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jan 25, 2017
ShieldAfrica 2017 Security & Defence Exhibition Abidjan Côte d'Ivoire Show Daily News Video TV Day 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xw6Mcup50fA

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:40pm On Jan 25, 2017
Namibian Marine Special Forces

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jan 25, 2017
U.S. Marines and Uganda Soldiers stand in a stack as an explosion destroys a concrete wall during training, Nov. 23

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fidha254(m): 5:03pm On Jan 25, 2017
africaken254:
the article stated ( Air Tractor aircraft with weapons, and related support) and what our current problems! ? we have a counter-insurgency near our border,which will by the exit of AMISOM next year become even worse.this will enable KAF to have a precision bombing,increase its ISR platform and also allow it to operate from remote Dirt strips and airfields.comparing it with a deal made recently by Qatar worth $70 billion with Boeing,its a drop in the bucket.don't forget in the recent Huey ll Deal,every thought we were getting 5 chopper .which only later learned we were going to get 8 choppers
I would like to see what type of payload it would be carrying, its time to properly finish off the COIN.... the air tractors should be based some in wajir or manda close to somali border, they should also be under direct contact (like 4 of them) with special forces units like what the UAE did with theirs -the special forces, esp reconisance and survailance units should have their ouw personal calvary

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jan 25, 2017
UK Defence Adviser to KENYA & BPST(EA) handing over the new the Asymmetrical Warfare Battle Camp to KDF School of Infantry

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:44pm On Jan 25, 2017
Fidha254:

I would like to see what type of payload it would be carrying, its time to properly finish off the COIN.... the air tractors should be based some in wajir or manda close to somali border, they should also be under direct contact (like 4 of them) with special forces units like what the UAE did with theirs -the special forces, esp reconisance and survailance units should have their ouw personal calvary
laser guided bombs to hellfire missiles ,basically what ever we asked and they are willing to give us.it has a range of Km 2,412 and can carry a payload of Kg 3,703,surpassing the F-5 except for speed.considering its a propeller aircraft ,when it comes to COIN its the aircraft we need

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:48pm On Jan 25, 2017
jakeporeshenko:
ShieldAfrica 2017 Security & Defence Exhibition Abidjan Côte d'Ivoire Show Daily News Video TV Day 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xw6Mcup50fA

Is this the first ever Shield Africa exhibition held in Africa?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:51pm On Jan 25, 2017
africaken254:

You know the name of the MRAP used by UAE Forces in Yemen?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jan 25, 2017
Namibian Marine presenting to dignitaries including the Brazilian Marine Commandant,the CDF and the chief of JOPS behind him

@Gottfried this Marine is a future Chief of Defencegrin, He's a commander by rank,a qualified Commando Operator and qualified diver

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jan 25, 2017
British Peace Support Team (Eastern Africa) - training team from Small Arms School Corps delivering Live Firing Tactical Training & Marksmanship Principles to KDF soldiers .

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jan 25, 2017
africaken254:
laser guided bombs to hellfire missiles ,basically what ever we asked and they are willing to give us.it has a range of Km 2,412 and can carry a payload of Kg 3,703,surpassing the F-5 except for speed.considering its a propeller aircraft ,when it comes to COIN its the aircraft we need
With the purchase you Kenyans can say bye bye to a fast jet for the next 10 - 15 years at least grin grin. I don't envy you.

It's basically the sort of aircraft required for COIN though.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:57pm On Jan 25, 2017
Henry240:

Is this the first ever Shield Africa exhibition held in Africa?
first conference held 2013 Abidjan

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jan 25, 2017
Henry240:

With the purchase you Kenyans can say bye bye to a fast jet for the next 10 - 15 years at least. grin grin

I don't envy you. It's basically the sort of aircraft required for COIN though.
If they really have the requirement and will power they can summon courage and run a second procurement program.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:00pm On Jan 25, 2017
Henry240:

You know the name of the MRAP used by UAE Forces in Yemen?
the UAE made NIMR 4x4 all-terrain APC or American Oshkosh M-ATV MRAP
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jan 25, 2017
jakeporeshenko:
first conference held 2013 Abidjan

Thanks, I asked because I spotted a French vehicle in the Shield Africa video, which I also spotted at some Defence exhibition held in Abuja. I wanted to know if the Abuja Defence exhibition was also a shield Africa event.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:09pm On Jan 25, 2017
africaken254:
the UAE made NIMR 4x4 all-terrain APC or American Oshkosh M-ATV MRAP

Nope, neither. I mean this.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (906) (907) (908) (909) (910) (911) (912) ... (2843) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.