Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:20 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (923) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5972939 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (920) (921) (922) (923) (924) (925) (926) ... (2843) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:18am On Jan 30, 2017
frumentius:

[

*Also means you ensure civilian primacy over the armed forces by elected leaders not wearing unearned military costumes grin!

grin grin grin

I'll respond to the rest of your comments in due course.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 8:19am On Jan 30, 2017
giles14:
your plan to steer another debate/argument has failed.

better be out.

What debate? Hinds crash, Rooivalks go bail them out.

Rooivalk = 1
Hind = 0
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 8:36am On Jan 30, 2017
Henry240:

So point out what is false. I've got evidence for everything up there, you wanna try me?

Point out what you claim is false, I'll post the evidence for all to see. Or you don't just make stupid comments.

When you make a stupid comment, be ready to defend it. cool

Giles is so political. Hence reason for his post. I was actually expecting it.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:42am On Jan 30, 2017
NafeesaAA:
How true is this ?

Chengdu F7 air guard is a fighter interceptor and can't be used for counter insurgency operations against Boko Haram. They can't fly below 8.000 ft operationally.

The 2 ATR surveillance planes were bought by GEJ from France, the 2 Fokker 27 used before and bought by Shagari were discrepit.

T55 Tanks
Are you joking,those pieces of smoking irons are almost 30 years old.

193 Otokar Cobra was purchased by OBJ from Turkey. They were meant as scout cars and ALL of them didn't carry military grade Armour.

Before GEJ we had 2 operational Mi-24. GEJ bought 6 more and 4 continue to be on back order.

GEJ acquired 16 T72 Tanks from Ukraine via Poland.

MI-17 ISN'T an assault helicopter....its a UTILITY HELICOPTER,but tripods can be mounted on the doors to accommodate GPMG (Get your facts right)

GEJ purchased 2 AW139 medium lift and anti submarine helicopter for the Navy.

3 Super king utility helicopter bought from the US.

MT-LB personal carrier from Ukraine.

Mil-17 Helicopters from (6 fully paid for and awaiting delivery)

Before GEJ, only 3 aero-39 trainers were active. He reactivated 14 of them and are currently being used as low flying attack crafts.

GEJ reactivated 9 Alpha jets during his administration.

We only had ONE working heavy transport jet.... the G. 222. GEJ fixed and activated the 3 C 130 with help from US military AFRICOM.

4 Shaldag fast patrol crafts were purchased from Israel.

Defender coastal patrol boats purchased from the US.

More than 30 Lerici and lantra class patrol boats purchased from Vietnam and Hong Kong. (PMB received and commissioned 16 of them last month)

5 AW 109 utility helicopters purchased from Italy.

NNS Unity and NNS Centanial built and bought by GEJ via China.

41 BTR 4 infantry fighting vehicle with NBC protection capabilities from Ukraine.

120 CS VPE MRAP infantry vehicles from China

5 Casspir 3 MRAP from South Africa.

40 Reva MRAP from South Africa.

6 RM 70 Artillery from Yugoslavia.

****And get your FACTS straight.

Nigeria has 12 drones from China... The Yangon flash and the CH3

We have 2 indigenous manufactured drones with no weapon capability.....named Gulma & Amedo (high resolution cameras only)
madam who told you F7 don't do ground attack ? They are upgraded and optimized for ground attack ,plus your Alpha story too , LZ29 had always been at 303 kano serving as trainers mama.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:44am On Jan 30, 2017
BPST(EA) Counter-IED Instructor delivering essential C-IED skills to kenyan soldiers

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:45am On Jan 30, 2017
kenyan soldiers in somalia

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:48am On Jan 30, 2017
Danish Instructors attached to BPST(EA) delivering Counter -IED Train the Trainer drills and skills to Kenya soldiers

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:20am On Jan 30, 2017
tdayof:

A bunch of Jonathan supporters who have simply refused to move on or accept that the military under GEJ was hopelessly corrupt or the GEJ loss in the election.

At a point we spent 5.7 billion dollars on defence a year, what was that money used for?

Let him provide the evidence of my false claims so that I can tear him apart.

For the avoidance of doubt, I'm also an ardent GEJ supporter, when I came back to Nigeria, I participated in neighbour-to-neighbour events in support of the GEJ campaign.

7 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:25am On Jan 30, 2017
Post update.

In my earlier reply to Nefesaa, I said Nigeria under former President Obasanjo bought 205 Otokar Cobra's as against the 193 in her post, actually the figure is 252 Otokar Cobra's, not 205.

Here is my evidence.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:40am On Jan 30, 2017
Her post also claims that Nigerian army Cobra's do not have military grade armour. Well that's just not true.

Here are photos of completely battle scared Nigerian army Cobra's which are still deployed in combat operations.

As we can all see, these vehicles have taken massive beatings. They are completely riddled with bullets, yet they are still going strong. One has it's headlight completely busted out.

I doubt if it's stones that did these.

7 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Kalapizim(m): 9:45am On Jan 30, 2017
I believe there are more than 250 sef cos they was a time this vehicle's were everywhere.excluding those used by the police

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 9:45am On Jan 30, 2017
Henry240:
Her post also claims that Nigerian army Cobra's do not have military grade armour. Well that's just not true.

Here are photos of completely battle scared Nigerian army Cobra's which are still deployed in combat operations.

As we can all see, these vehicles have taken massive beatings. They are completely riddled with bullets, yet they are still going strong. One has it's headlight completely busted out.

I doubt if it's stones that did that.

Damn!! WTF is this shocked shocked
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:49am On Jan 30, 2017
GreenandGold:

What debate? Hinds crash, Rooivalks go bail them out.

Rooivalk = 1
Hind = 0

- hind number built more then 2500 , in service all around the word in all battles , still active in syrian war by russian themself (and they have mi28ne, ka-50) and still countries buy new hinds until today .
- rooivalk 12 unit built , with only 12 units in the world probability of crash is too low

8 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:03am On Jan 30, 2017
Otokar Cobra serial number 19 above.

Otokar Cobra serial number 252 below.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by overhypedsteve(m): 10:23am On Jan 30, 2017
MikeCZA:
Not necessarily.

Can't be applied anywhere.
it can't? If the operations that brought down the Administration of Khadafi had been a joint diplomatic and military intervention by leaders of the region do you think Khadafi wouldnt have negotiated for a deal instead of having himself slaughtered on the streets of a county which he single he helped built,like a goat. A regional effort on the Libyan situation would have included plans for a successful and peaceful democratic change of Government like we supported in Gambia. But no, it was an ECOWAS operation so we have nothing to learn from it, even if a 22 year long Dictatorship was taken down without one shot fired. If simple Military exercises can find their way into textbooks on strategic studies as key examples on particular reference areas why do you think this "very successful" ECOWAS led operation cannot be applied. I can lost a thousand and one already messed up scenarios where this could have been applied. Even the OAU cannot carry out a Diplomatic and military operation simultaneously with this kind of success.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fidha254(m): 10:34am On Jan 30, 2017

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:36am On Jan 30, 2017
Mig29 UB , training by night Algeria AF

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkCNXhjJX-4

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by giles14(m): 11:24am On Jan 30, 2017
tdayof:

you funny so because I said some of his facts are false I am being political,so funny and sicken.

@henry learn to be tolerant
not everyone who opposes buhari is a GEJ fan.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NafeesaAA(f): 12:27pm On Jan 30, 2017
HENRY 240

Thanks dear,

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:49pm On Jan 30, 2017
Nigerian navy Special Boat Service commandos in Gambia.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:31pm On Jan 30, 2017
#Senegambia operation restore democracy

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lexykeyz(m): 2:04pm On Jan 30, 2017
Henry240:
Nigerian navy Special Boat Service commandos in Gambia.

Oh my God when will the army have a dedicated unit like this. AFSF aint just the army if at all they are part of it. Make i know how i dey talk for here sha.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:06pm On Jan 30, 2017
shocked shocked
49 boxes containing 661 pieces of Pump Action Rifles found inside the container seized in Lagos on Monday by the Nigerian Customs Service.
Where are the experts please ID the manufacturer and any idea if this stuff is military grade or...?

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jan 30, 2017
giles14:
you funny so because I said some of his facts are false I am being political,so funny and sicken.

@henry learn to be tolerant
not everyone who opposes buhari is a GEJ fan.

Learn not to throw wild, stupid and thoughtless allegations, at me.

When you make a stupid comment at me, without proof be sure to expect an aggressive reply from me in return.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by giles14(m): 2:24pm On Jan 30, 2017
Henry240:

When you make a stupid comment at me, without proof be sure to expect a STUPID reply from me in return.
that's OK.

I still maintain most of your reply are false

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jan 30, 2017
giles14:
that's OK.

I still maintain most of your reply are false

I can't change a stupid person, that's for sure.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by giles14(m): 2:27pm On Jan 30, 2017
Henry240:

I can't change a stupid person, that's for sure.
which YOU are .
it seems it runs in your blood.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 2:29pm On Jan 30, 2017
Henry240:

When you make a stupid comment at me, without proof be sure to expect an aggressive reply from me in return.

I don't mean to jump into your conversations, but you have a tendency of making comments without proof. Eg, ARMSCOR going broke in the 80s, T55 not being used by the Nigerian Army for 3 decades now.... Etc

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:32pm On Jan 30, 2017
GreenandGold:

I don't mean to jump into your conversations, but you have a tendency of making comments without proof. Eg, ARMSCOR going broke in the 80s, T55 not being used by the Nigerian Army for 3 decades now.... Etc

On ARMSCOR

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:35pm On Jan 30, 2017
GreenandGold:

On the T-55's

Can you tell me what these are?

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jan 30, 2017
Tanzania fighter pilot shaking hands with Tanzania president John Magufuli

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jan 30, 2017
GreenandGold:

So you tell me, do I, or do I not provide proof?

Or like the illiterate buffoon who quoted me earlier, my posts hurt you so bad that you choose to post whatever comes into your head, and not what I've actually posted?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (920) (921) (922) (923) (924) (925) (926) ... (2843) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.