Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,941 members, 7,817,759 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:47 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (978) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5968102 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (975) (976) (977) (978) (979) (980) (981) ... (2843) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 8:50pm On Feb 20, 2017
africaken254:
grin grin grin CH-3 was a total failure,i have seen a boko haram propaganda video which showed smoldering wreckage of CH-3.Its just that nairaland doesnt allow one to post terrorist propaganda.except for that one footage of a precision strike on a boko haram technical,have you ever seen any other released footage !?the only thing your good at is dropping dumb bombs on civilians,even you say you have ISR manned platforms grin grin grin

Don't be a coward dodging the truth. ISR wasn't present when the bombs were dropped on the civilians. Moreover, yes we had one CH3 crashed and not brought down by BHT. Don't cover up with posting terrorist propaganda video or pictures as you've done that or written about that at times here. Your God father USAF has bombed civilians locations even with a guided bomb and 4th generation aircrafts mistakenly.

Don't start pissing off the thread. We at least have other CH3 moved to maiduguri currently flying recon so don't tell me CH3 is a total failure. We can also deploy aircrafts when needed by our troops.

Don't start that rubbish comparisons again and post on topic.

13 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:05pm On Feb 20, 2017
tdayof:

the thread. We at least have other CH3 moved to maiduguri currently flying Recon. We can also deploy aircrafts when needed by our troops.

If he post terrorist propaganda in this thread, he'll get a massive ban for sure. That I can assure him.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:35pm On Feb 20, 2017
overhypedsteve:
you see, I have tried to find one reliable link that backs the fact that the SADF used guided missiles during the Border wars and I have seen none, maybe you could just help me with one or two.
https://www.sa-soldier.com/data/07-SADF-equipment/ (list of equipments used in the border wars, no guided missile listed)

Ingwe
"The weapon was first used on 10 September 1987 when a pre-production Ratel ZT3 destroyed several T-55 tanks at the Lomba River in Angola"
Modern African Wars: South-West Africa by Helmoed-Romer Heitman and Paul Hannon

AS.30 AS.20 and AS.12 Missile
Used on SAAF Mirage F1, 3 and Buccaneer back in the 60s

Then there's also the LRAC F1, Denel FT5 man portable launchers

And these are just Air-to-Ground/Surface-Surface missiles used in the Border War

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:38pm On Feb 20, 2017
iblawi:

Just ask them the aircraft/platform they used to launch the guided missiles during the border war and this will all end.

Noted:

jln115:

Ingwe
"The weapon was first used on 10 September 1987 when a pre-production Ratel ZT3 destroyed several T-55 tanks at the Lomba River in Angola"

AS.30 and AS.20 Missile

And these are just Air-to-Ground/Surface-Surface missiles used in the Border War

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:46pm On Feb 20, 2017
Cadets of the Nigerian Defence College built UGV

It looks like a bomb disposal vehicle. Eagle-bot

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:13pm On Feb 20, 2017
Nigerian Air Force Augusta A109 door gunner

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 10:25pm On Feb 20, 2017
Henry240:
bringing the 11th plague of the Exodus grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:48pm On Feb 20, 2017
Henry240:
grin

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:49pm On Feb 20, 2017
I'll just leave these historical photos here.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:10pm On Feb 20, 2017
jln115:

Ingwe

Don't forget Recce teams with Milan ATGMs in 1985 during Op. Wallpaper. And didn't UNITA receive Stingers from Uncle Sam?

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:14pm On Feb 20, 2017
jakeporeshenko:
Cont.. frumentum I hope you get the drift? It's kind of a work in progress

I don't envy your logistics people.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:20pm On Feb 20, 2017
Frumentum:

I don't envy your logistics people.
I didn't mention some, things are changing anyways, even you can testify that this new CAS knows what he's doing.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:25pm On Feb 20, 2017
jakeporeshenko:
I didn't mention some, things are changing anyways, even you can testify that this new CAS knows what he's doing.
Most definitely.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by iblawi(m): 1:45am On Feb 21, 2017
jln115:

Noted:

Good
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 2:18am On Feb 21, 2017
henry240

Their innovation is the famous Combat Fighting Motorcycle (CFM), popularly known as the Jackal. In the Northwest, cattle rustling bas become a big security threat, with the perpetrators killing and maiming at will. These perpetrators of the crimes often use the motorcycles to get away on rough terrains. So, the engineers at the 35 Battalion remodeled some motorcycles, weaponised them and deployed them in the anti-terror battle.
The CFM was redesigned in such a way that two soldiers could ride on it facing opposite directions with a gun attached.
“The idea is that with these, we can move as fast into any terrain in pursuit of the criminals and terrorists. There are different types – one is fitted with machine gun at the back and others have Ak-47,” Warrant Officer (WO) identified as Salley, explained.
“With these ones, we can follow the cattle rustlers to their villages. Is that that not innovation?”, the minister shouted in excitement.
The COAS said the military has a plan to give at least a battalion of the machines for each Division.
Dan-Ali, who was impressed, told the engineers: “We need to do another; the one with three tires; that one will have more stability.” The men agreed to take up the new challenge.
The CFM, which has been deployed in Kastina and Kano states, has assumed a frightening reputation from criminals.
“We have been very successful with it in Folgore forest in Kano. This is the latest machine all over the world, even the developed countries are praising us over this invention,” Salley boasted.
The Infantry Patrol Vehicle (IPV) with off-road mobility and a crew of three was one of the star attractions at the summit. Weighing 650kg and powered by 150-200 Horse Power Engine, the IPV has a 130 kilometre per hour capacity.
It provides force multiplier and the required flexibility to undertake all tasks across the entire spectrum of military operations, including range fighting, fast action mission, urban and border patrols.
The IPV is fitted with two machine guns and have been deployed in all the theatres of operation.
The Nigerian Army Electrical and Mechanical Engineers have also been ingenious in the modification of Sport Utility Vehicles (SUVs) for combat operations. One of such is the modification of 4 x4 Hilux Trucks with Peak Cap Turret.
The Peak Cap is mounted on the Hilux and it has 18mm hardened steel and can be modified to carry any gun. It has a mechanical traverse of 360 degrees. The Peak Cap also offers protection up to 30 meters from small arms and 100 meters from machine guns.
There is also the Buratai Overhead Manned Turret (BOMT) which is one of the ugliest weapons but which offers an “all round protection” according to the Army. Weighing one tone, it provides all round observation with the aid of periscopic sights and the plate thickness can give protection for up to 30 meters.
The BOMT invention was necessitated by the delivery of the Mine Resistant Ambush Protected Vehicles (MRAPVs) BOMT has been installed on the MRAPVs now being used in the Northeast.
The Nigerian Army Institute of Technology (NAITE) in Markudi, has also invented the unmanned aerial vehicle with two transmitters which can survey human presence and an unmanned drone with transmission capacity up to 100 meters. Though the vehicle and drone have been tested, they are yet to be deployed to the theatre of operation.
Brig.-Gen. Ayo Ibikunle of Nigerian Army Ordinance Corps was modest about his latest invention – the Hand Grenade ASI-17 Smoke (Smoke Grenade).

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:58am On Feb 21, 2017
tdayof:

Don't be a coward dodging the truth. ISR wasn't present when the bombs were dropped on the civilians. Moreover, yes we had one CH3 crashed and not brought down by BHT. Don't cover up with posting terrorist propaganda video or pictures as you've done that or written about that at times here. Your God father USAF has bombed civilians locations even with a guided bomb and 4th generation aircrafts mistakenly.

Don't start pissing off the thread. We at least have other CH3 moved to maiduguri currently flying recon so don't tell me CH3 is a total failure. We can also deploy aircrafts when needed by our troops.

so you want to tell me the countless of manned ISR platforms you claim you have were not available,when you bombed internally displaced people living in tents in the open(how can someone bomb a refugee camp with more than 1,000 people,killing more than 200 !?) i dont think boko haram shot that CH-3 down,that UCAV just loves gravity
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 5:05am On Feb 21, 2017
jln115:

Ingwe

All so H2 guided bomb

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 5:08am On Feb 21, 2017
africaken254:
[s]so you want to tell me the countless of manned ISR platforms you claim you have were not available,when you bombed internally displaced people living in tents in the open(how can someone bomb a refugee camp with more than 1,000 people,killing more than 200 !?) i dont think boko haram shot that CH-3 down,that UCAV just loves gravity[/s]

Your argument has always been off point. The jets were deployed immediately they got an intel Of BHT approaching an IDP camp. Tell me during Al shabab attack on your military, you had to wait for manned ISR (that's if you even have one) before engaging the terrorist.

Arguing with you is totally useless. You can't even compare your Air Force to ours. We've effectively used dumb bombs.

On the CH3, we will discuss about it when your Air Force starts operating a UCAV.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Hrmnn: 5:20am On Feb 21, 2017
Frumentum:

Don't forget Recce teams with Milan ATGMs in 1985 during Op. Wallpaper. And didn't UNITA receive Stingers from Uncle Sam?

Plus there were the elderly ENTAC wire-guided ATGMs in the '70s. I read an article about them in an old issue of Paratus one year.

Mostly mounted on Landys although there were a few experiments with putting them on the Eland 90s and 60s. The concept was derived from a very similar French project to mount missiles on their own AMLs, per the photo below. I suspect it was abandoned due to the fact that the bulky external mounts wouldn't hold up well to all the bundu bashing during external ops, which is the only time they were needed.

The Landys with ENTAC mounts were used during Op Savannah.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:48am On Feb 21, 2017
tdayof:

[s]Your argument has always been off point. The jets were deployed immediately they got an intel Of BHT approaching an IDP camp. Tell me during Al shabab attack on your military, you had to wait for manned ISR (that's if you even have one) before engaging the terrorist.

Arguing with you is totally useless. You can't even compare your Air Force to ours. We've effectively used dumb bombs. [/s]

On the CH3, we will discuss about it when your Air Force starts operating a UCAV.
so you were attacking approching boko haram but ended up wiping out more than 200 refugees inside a refugee.only a visually impaired person can't I.D more than a thousand people,you effectively use dumb bombs on displaced civilians

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 6:24am On Feb 21, 2017
africaken254:
so you were attacking approching boko haram but ended up wiping out more than 200 refugees inside a refugee.only a visually impaired person can't I.D more than a thousand people,you effectively use dumb bombs on displaced civilians
I used to think you were wise.
1 An aircraft was sent to take out BHT and not conduct ISR.
2 It was a fighter jet and can't ID ground targets effectively on her own due to onboard avionics.

Dude. NAF admitted responsibility and called it an unfortunate incident.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/01/accidental-bombing-of-idps-campnigerian-airforce-apologizes-over-action/

Here are our Awesome Pilots providing air supports for ground troops effectively with dumb bombs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KcD8jvMc60
Talk to me about ISR when your airforce is able to perform an effective ISR.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Tochex101(m): 6:29am On Feb 21, 2017
tdayof:
I used to think you were wise.
1 An aircraft was sent to take out BHT and not conduct ISR.
2 It was a fighter jet and can't ID ground targets effectively on her own due to onboard avionics.

Dude. NAF admitted responsibility and called it an unfortunate incident.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/01/accidental-bombing-of-idps-campnigerian-airforce-apologizes-over-action/

Here are our Awesome Pilots providing air supports for ground troops effectively with dumb bombs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KcD8jvMc60
Talk to me about ISR when your airforce is able to perform an effective ISR.

Bro let it rest, no need to derail the thread any longer.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by pacretus(m): 6:45am On Feb 21, 2017
africaken254:
I hate calling people"fart brains".but now it seems it is your perfect description. who are fart brains,?people who say what they know not and act before thinking.

comeback when Kenya starts using guided bombs or better ISR capability.

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:51am On Feb 21, 2017
Apparently Frumentius was right about Africaken254 all along, the boy is very unstable.

14 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:57am On Feb 21, 2017
MINUSMA Mali

Air ambulance

Tchadian soldiers

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 7:21am On Feb 21, 2017
overhypedsteve:
you see, I have tried to find one reliable link that backs the fact that the SADF used guided missiles during the Border wars and I have seen none, maybe you could just help me with one or two.
https://www.sa-soldier.com/data/07-SADF-equipment/ (list of equipments used in the border wars, no guided missile listed)

Thats a very bad website choice. Did you pic it to validate your claim?

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 9:46am On Feb 21, 2017
It's pouring down in Durban, the soldiers are already wet before the parade undecided

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by nyangau123: 9:52am On Feb 21, 2017
Kenya wildlife services training course

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkNJU4_gcX8

they also have a veterinary unit that treats poaching victims ,
cool video of the unit micro-chipping rhinos below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_kVjyDX7kM
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 10:06am On Feb 21, 2017
Frumentius, I hope you're getting the pics.... The parade has began
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:49pm On Feb 21, 2017
morocco

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:10pm On Feb 21, 2017
tdayof:
henry240

The Infantry Patrol Vehicle (IPV) with off-road mobility and a crew of three was one of the star attractions at the summit. Weighing 650kg and powered by 150-200 Horse Power Engine, the IPV has a 130 kilometre per hour capacity.
It provides force multiplier and the required flexibility to undertake all tasks across the entire spectrum of military operations, including range fighting, fast action mission, urban and border patrols.
The IPV is fitted with two machine guns and have been deployed in all the theatres of operation.

Thanks Tdayof, it's a very beautiful vehicle going by the specifications above.

I read a few units have been deployed in service.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:25pm On Feb 21, 2017
pacretus:
I hate calling people"fart brains".but now it seems it is your perfect description. who are fart brains,?people who say what they know not and act before thinking.

comeback when Kenya starts using guided bombs or better ISR capability.
eat a d@ck ,if dont have anything of relevant to say" funica mugundo" or rush home and tell your mother

(1) (2) (3) ... (975) (976) (977) (978) (979) (980) (981) ... (2843) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.