Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,505 members, 7,830,518 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:53 AM

Enugu As A City Developing Very Fast - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Enugu As A City Developing Very Fast (1773 Views)

A City In Nigeria With 24/7 Electricity Supply! / Travel, Back To A City We Love Dearly / Durban (south Africa): A City With A Different Feel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Enugu As A City Developing Very Fast by Hotstepper(f): 6:31pm On May 27, 2006
Who has been to Enugu of late? It is really devloping ohhh esp. NEW HAVEN where they have 3 lanes now and becoming more of lagos, onitsha, nnewi, and aba of Enugu and Independence layout which is really opening where well known and prominent people live, I love the city and itz da only city i know very well in Nigeria tongue meaning, I can walk around alone and even take da bus alone tongue
Re: Enugu As A City Developing Very Fast by Mariory(m): 11:00pm On May 27, 2006
Pictures?
Re: Enugu As A City Developing Very Fast by carmelily: 4:14pm On Aug 11, 2006
@ hotstepper
yes, it IS developing but the crime rate is ALARMING!!!!
i've spent 22 years in Enugu and the rise in crime rate is really sad.
our landlady was murdered in cold blood 3 months ago on her way to morning mass, right in front of our gate. Arthur nwankwo's brother was murdered a few metres away from my home 4 years ago.
people cannot walk around with their phones, even with the curfew imposed on "okada" and all that.
the government has to do more if we r expected to enjoy what all that development should bring. for instance, who get the liver to use that new tunnel at night?

You certainly cannot walk in , sadly, MANY parts of enugu after 6pm. try upper chime at 7pm.
enugu is a 2nd home to my family, certainly the most cosmopolitan eastern state, but we're thinking bout relocating 4 good sad

and oh, it's NEW HAVEN not NEW HEAVEN kiss
Re: Enugu As A City Developing Very Fast by Hotstepper(f): 4:38pm On Aug 11, 2006
gurl, true talk though. i can remember xmas 04 when I went 2 make a call infront of pioneer avenue and a lady called me and told me not 2 flash ma phone esp. if itz a camera phone but gurl, I had no phone on me. I might know u, where in indp. do u live and other things u might think i wanna know, 10x 4 da Haven correction tongue
Re: Enugu As A City Developing Very Fast by carmelily: 7:30pm On Aug 17, 2006
where do u live?
Re: Enugu As A City Developing Very Fast by Hotstepper(f): 8:20pm On Aug 17, 2006
am at Toronto Canada.
Re: Enugu As A City Developing Very Fast by carmelily: 8:43pm On Aug 17, 2006
know none of these people, honey

nah! dont wanna say my last name on here!

howz toronto?
Re: Enugu As A City Developing Very Fast by Hotstepper(f): 8:47pm On Aug 17, 2006
Toronto is great, just bubbling, da AIDS conference is holding here so ppl like Bill Clinton, Bill Gates and Musicians r here, e dey as e no dey tongue
Re: Enugu As A City Developing Very Fast by edygirl(f): 10:02pm On Aug 17, 2006
Gov.Chimaroke is really turning Enugu to a dream land.Esp agbani ,his village, where he transfered ESUT now and even built a school of law and many other things he is doing. Infact Enugu is so beautiful now. I really understand that the crime rate in Enugu is so high but it's everywhere in Nig.
Re: Enugu As A City Developing Very Fast by carmelily: 5:50pm On Aug 25, 2006
@edygirl
of course, crime's everywhere. but even in lagos i use my phone freely almost everywhere i go to. come enugu come try dat one!
my sister in new haven is used to sounds of gunshots almost every night.
go back and read the other gory details of my 1st post and tell me another city that bad/dangerous.
Re: Enugu As A City Developing Very Fast by edygirl(f): 7:46pm On Aug 25, 2006
I am scared to go to NIg now. I hate gun shots. cry cry cry
Re: Enugu As A City Developing Very Fast by carmelily: 4:05pm On Aug 29, 2006
not everywhere in naija's that dangerous! just worse in the east, i guess.
Re: Enugu As A City Developing Very Fast by edygirl(f): 1:30am On Aug 30, 2006
Yeah, but I am from Enugu. Born and raised there.
Re: Enugu As A City Developing Very Fast by carmelily: 8:56am On Sep 04, 2006
oh-oh undecided
Re: Enugu As A City Developing Very Fast by romeo(m): 5:28pm On Mar 11, 2008
Enugu is cool and bubbling!! no crime at all and that's for the fear monger tongue called Carmelily tongue

ehmm for where dey get 3 lane for enugu? i know see am ohh

(1) (Reply)

Benny Hinn Refused Entry Into The UK!! / What's The Best Country To Migrate for investors / Snake On The Wing: Passengers Watch Python Cling To Side Of Plane During Flight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.