Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,867 members, 7,810,299 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:23 AM

How To Get The GPS Location Either As Latitude And Longitude Or Address In J2ME - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How To Get The GPS Location Either As Latitude And Longitude Or Address In J2ME (1126 Views)

How To Create Any Type Of Application With J2me Sdk / Farwell To J2ME, It Really Hepled During It's Time Cause Of Its Multiplateform. / A Java J2me Application Developed By A Nigerian U Need To Have(must) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Get The GPS Location Either As Latitude And Longitude Or Address In J2ME by EfeAriaroo: 5:14pm On Aug 06, 2013
Hi. I've been working on an application to get the gps location of a J2ME device ... Nokia E72 to be exact. I have tried all that the internet has adviced but the problem still persists. I hope you guys can help.

I followed the advice on this link http://stackoverflow.com/questions/16280950/how-to-get-the-current-position-for-non-gps-phone-in-nokia-j2me but found out that the LocationUtil class causes the application to crash when deployed on the device. The error the app spits out when run on the phone is NoDefClassFound com.nokia.mid.location.LocationUtil

The file attached to this message has my code if you wanna see how far I've gone.

I need this solution as soon as you can. Thanks.

Re: How To Get The GPS Location Either As Latitude And Longitude Or Address In J2ME by naijaswag1: 9:36pm On Aug 06, 2013
if you are taking about NoClassDefFoundError. It means that at run time, the JVM could not find the jar file. Its a classpath issue. Use the recommendations here. Adding the necessary jars to you windows classpath or the manifest of your jar. http://javarevisited..com/2011/06/noclassdeffounderror-exception-in.html

(1) (Reply)

Website Development Tutorial In Lagos. Enrol Today!! / Help Someone Is Trying To Hack My Wordpress Site / Need A Programmer In Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.