Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,209 members, 7,953,771 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 05:14 AM

How Come Its Only Nigerians Abroad That Are Complaining - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Come Its Only Nigerians Abroad That Are Complaining (4994 Views)

It Is PDP Loyalists That Are Complaining Of Hardship Not Nigerians - Ngige / Anybody Complaining About Buhari Is Wasting His Time – Diya Oladipo / Alleged N1tr Diversion: Lamorde ‘ill, Flown Abroad’|that's The Trend Now. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Come Its Only Nigerians Abroad That Are Complaining by madamkoko: 3:07am On Jun 01, 2008
How come its mostly Nigerians abroad that are Complaining about Nigeria's state.

Most Nigerians who are financially stable/ or those who dey chop contracts and all financial benefits are not complaining, They will even tell you, I'll never stay in America. I only come for vacation or to go to school ( these are people who did primary and high school in Switzerland and College in the US, then graduate school in London) then they're back in Nigeria, then they make soooo much money ooo my god

Sometimes I wonder, if a top Nigerian official came to you and gave you a contract to make you financially set, I bet many won't be complaining and wont really care about the poor or poverty in Nigera, so may be we should look at things differently, what do yáll think.
Re: How Come Its Only Nigerians Abroad That Are Complaining by Spermdrops(m): 4:35am On Jun 01, 2008
Because the ones in Nigeria do not know any better even when they "travel and see"! Nothing to use as a basis of comparison even Togo!

Further more, most are comatose physically and spriitually with all hope lost. How can you complain about what you cannot salvage? cheesy

Only death to look forward to!

Sufferheads!
Re: How Come Its Only Nigerians Abroad That Are Complaining by deor03(m): 5:48am On Jun 01, 2008
@ poster,

When you stay abroad you will realise the magnitude of our problem. Why those abroad complain so much is that they have realised that it takes JUST a little effort to get things right.
So you wonder why things are not right. When you see how a local council or a county(not t talk of the country) is being run by intelligent politicians with zeal and commitment , you will realise the BIG difference and get annoyed.

Life is not about winning contracts, collecting or giving huge bribes.

Life is more than that ok

1 Like

Re: How Come Its Only Nigerians Abroad That Are Complaining by NegroNtns(m): 6:11am On Jun 01, 2008
Madam Koko,
One of the roots of the problem is already inadvertently stated in your opening. Hold on, make I make sure I dey for the proper place before I run my mouth,
Okay. Now, u said that the ones who attended elementary and high School in Europe and College in US come back home to get good jobs and stay home. Did I say it right? Huhn?? Oh God, madam go make me run my mouth this morning o. Oh my God! U know what I go leaf you alone, I go let this one pass. How Koko? Tell am Negro say hello.
Re: How Come Its Only Nigerians Abroad That Are Complaining by oziomatv(m): 8:42am On Jun 01, 2008
I think deor03 has given the most intelligent answer you need from us.

1 Like

Re: How Come Its Only Nigerians Abroad That Are Complaining by MallamMusa: 9:12am On Jun 01, 2008
;d ;d
Re: How Come Its Only Nigerians Abroad That Are Complaining by superman(m): 11:07am On Jun 01, 2008
i think a lot of us resides in oversea really get absolutely mad on the fact that a lot of them like Obasanjo and family has the precedence or privilege to come here every now and then, just like Yaradua get his treatment in germany yet they refused to translate what the meant  here in Nigeria.

Moreso the world being what is today, yall know how black people are disrespected yet these monkies(note you are not dealing with a humanbeings or robout) oh god, damn, cannot for once wake their monkie a$$ up for once in their lifetime to do something useful.Yaradua or Obasanjo in their tenure cannot tell the Nigerians that these oyibo never get jealous and disrespect them with their agbada on ; so you can understand our stand.

@ poster
yes corruption like you said or no corruption (maybe if i was to be offered a contract ,that will shup me up ha hmm), nigeria wahala is bigger than corruption. we all know that Nigeria got a hell of wahala, but what to do to get things fixed up doesnt need that much as you think. everywhere u look in aso rock , all you see presidential advice in looting , advice in talking, advice in contract ,hey hey hey na wa o

it ok mr president but allow me to drop some clue for your monkie crew

PRIORITY

1 Being superman this is, understand that a lot of our loots money are breading in overseas, some are being returned. Now being a fund that wasnt anticipated in your pre or post buget, that money should go straight into solid contract, LAGOS ------ONISHA------ABUJA HIGH WAY (3 INCHES THICK TARED WITH STREET LIGHT AND CAMERA TO POLICE STATION NETWORK)

2 Build and actualised an intensive and mechanised agriculture in the condusive state

3 build a world class hospital in the six main zone in nigeria

2ND PRIORITY

A  attain around at least 55% electricity distribtion
B  ravamp our university
C every state has got 2 years to intiate ,create and implement a wolrd class job opportunity for a least 1000 university gradutes in eash state with minimum salary #80, 000 else otherwise penalty ?

i find it funny when nigeria put a lot of zeal in corutpion, our wahala pass corruption  as you can see, it take a little bit of common sense to move things so my advice to those  monkies i know are close to mr president,to tell him to emm register in Narialand as he will surely realise there is love for him here than those mokie advisers hanging around him

MR PRESIDENT WE AWAIT YOUR NAIRAAND RIGISRATION, AND WATCH HOW things change quickly

so superman says money is not legendary but the legacy and structure left behinds is what the Nigerians will remember?

ha still all can be done in line with rule of law grin grin grin

never late
Re: How Come Its Only Nigerians Abroad That Are Complaining by Kobojunkie: 11:12am On Jun 01, 2008
deor03:

@ poster,

When you stay abroad you will realise the magnitude of our problem. Why those abroad complain so much is that they have realised that it takes JUST a little effort to get things right.
So you wonder why things are not right. When you see how a local council or a county(not t talk of the country) is being run by intelligent politicians with zeal and commitment , you will realise the BIG difference and get annoyed.

Nailed it!
Re: How Come Its Only Nigerians Abroad That Are Complaining by superman(m): 11:19am On Jun 01, 2008
Yea ?
Re: How Come Its Only Nigerians Abroad That Are Complaining by proo212(m): 12:12pm On Jun 01, 2008
Why would they not complain? A lot of the issues facing us are so easy to solve it's unbelievable. People who are abroad know things can work so much easier with the right frame of mind but we keep going round in circles.

The state and the local governments are actually the worst.

I watched a documentary yesterday where a Germany company not far from where I live is converting wood chipping or sawdust into plastic or plastic products and they claim the industry is sustainable. After the manufacture you couldn't tell the difference between plastic made from oil and wood.

I'm sorry guys, but as a people we are lost!
Re: How Come Its Only Nigerians Abroad That Are Complaining by Nobody: 12:57pm On Jun 01, 2008
proo212:

Why would they not complain? A lot of the issues facing us are so easy to solve it's unbelievable. People who are abroad know things can work so much easier with the right frame of mind but we keep going round in circles.

Why should they complain? If they think it takes little effort to change things why can’t they come back and try. Tell me when ‘complaining’ has ever solved any problem. Why would they always compare Nigeria to other developed countries? There are none of those countries that did not pass through the stage Nigeria is passing through now. They did not solve their problems by running to foreign countries and ‘complaining’. Neither did they solve it by posting ‘priorities’ on NAIRALAND, and expecting the President to read it and realize what a wonderful suggestion it is. It only shows how low your reasonings are if you think this Country doesn’t know what to do,

Take Anambra State for example, the governor is in a very impressive reforming mood. If Anambarians overseas just seat there and ‘complain’, how would that help the Governor in his work?? You leave the work for the village people to do, while the so-called enlightened ones travel abroad and open their mouths to pass the bulk around.

I really take objections to you guys calling Nigerians names, I’ll have you all know that studies have been conducted in Nigeria and this has shown peculiarities in the Nigerian cases; mainly because of people like you'all.

deor03:

@ poster,

I can see you got the vote as the most intelligent poster on this thread; why don’t you come and teach us what ‘life is really all about’. I hate to think you are wasting your ‘talent’ on Nairaland.

I thought the whole Idea of travelling out is to learn new things and bring it back to teach to your people. You'all shd just quit this whinning and get busy. If you cant, then just shut your traps and let us have peace. Long Hisssssssssss
Re: How Come Its Only Nigerians Abroad That Are Complaining by beystwin: 1:28pm On Jun 01, 2008
@ thread,
it's a fact that wise people don't want to rule - they usually prefer to critique and give advice. Take, for example, Albert Einstein. He was offered to be president of Israel but he declined. Wise guy! I bet if they offered Wole Soyinka to be president of Nigeria, he would decline, because mumus rule and wise men criticise. Such is the law of nature.
Re: How Come Its Only Nigerians Abroad That Are Complaining by Nobody: 1:46pm On Jun 01, 2008
I’m not against their giving advice. What am seriously against is the criticism. How does criticizing your rulers help them in taking the right decision?? I don’t think they refuse to rule because they have such great wisdom, I think it has more to do with cowardice. The fear of not succeeding. Its takes a lot of courage to rule and do it well. Besides being a scholar is no guarantee whatsoever that you will be a good leader.

If someone had told us that Nnamdi Azikiwe University can be transformed is such a manner under good leadership, we would probably have doubted; but it did. And today, the school is being rated as one of the best in the Country. That’s a landmark success if you ask me, judging with where it was coming from. I should know better cos that’s my Alimni. The same can be done for the Country, if only we can put our efforts into it.

If anybody is of the opinion that the President’s Advisers are not doing a good job, h/she is welcome to try.
Re: How Come Its Only Nigerians Abroad That Are Complaining by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jun 01, 2008
Madamkokolet, We complain b/c we see optimist and opportunity here, then wonder why our bros and sis at home are suffering. . .
Re: How Come Its Only Nigerians Abroad That Are Complaining by madamkoko: 3:11pm On Jun 01, 2008
Madam Koko,
One of the roots of the problem is already inadvertently stated in your opening. Hold on, make I make sure I dey for the proper place before I run my mouth,
Okay. Now, u said that the ones who attended elementary and high School in Europe and College in US come back home to get good jobs and stay home. Did I say it right? Huhn?? Oh God, madam go make me run my mouth this morning o. Oh my God! You know what I go leaf you alone, I go let this one pass. How Koko? Tell am Negro say hello.
[quote][/quote]

LOL.!!!!
Re: How Come Its Only Nigerians Abroad That Are Complaining by madamkoko: 3:18pm On Jun 01, 2008
@ 4her, not everyone in Nigeria is suffering, yes, its true that majority of the people live under a dollar a day according to the US Statistics, but not everyone in Nigeria be sufferhead,
Re: How Come Its Only Nigerians Abroad That Are Complaining by madamkoko: 3:20pm On Jun 01, 2008
Ujujoan [quote][/quote]

You have a different view point, which I like.
Re: How Come Its Only Nigerians Abroad That Are Complaining by Nobody: 3:51pm On Jun 01, 2008
madamkoko:

@ 4her, not everyone in Nigeria is suffering, yes, its true that majority of the people live under a dollar a day according to the US Statistics, but not everyone in Nigeria be sufferhead,
Madamkokolet, I know. . .but the majority is. . wink
Re: How Come Its Only Nigerians Abroad That Are Complaining by madamkoko: 3:57pm On Jun 01, 2008
OMG, how many screen names do you have ? hahaha
Re: How Come Its Only Nigerians Abroad That Are Complaining by sleekp1: 3:58pm On Jun 01, 2008
Thank you madamkoko
A lot of us have been having the sentiment which you so accurately observed. The show off of Nigerians abroad is beginning to bore everybody. Why say things like, look at your electricity and bla bla bla forgeting they are talking to ordinary Nigerians. I could understand if Nairaland was filled with legislators.Please don't come up with sh*t like, why is this so and so etc. How foolish can a people be? If you really want to make a difference, write to a senator, a governor etc. People built the America we so admire. I don't want to call names but the guilty parties know who they are.
These are the same people who would
Want America to come and colonize Nigeria with it's military
Defend the racist asshole professor who said black people are less intelligent than white folks
Defend G Bush against Obama
Defend racist like Bill O'reilly
Defend the treatment of black women who were served urine by South African undergraduates.
The list is endless. This is self hate at another level, lol.
PS:
Before you talk down to me, please realize I also live in America and your insult means sh*t to me.
If you hate Nigerians and black folks so much, why not try a white forum, lets see how you interact with your fellow "Caucasians".
Though I live in America, I can't justify my fellow compatriots ridiculing our homeland. The people you talk down to here are not the one's who stole our billions. I make no apologies for my rant.
Re: How Come Its Only Nigerians Abroad That Are Complaining by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jun 01, 2008
toyinrayo:

Madamkokolet, I know. . .but the majority is. . wink

And it will only get worse if people like you and 4her sit there and wonder why till you turn to wandereres . Dora Akunili came back from Abroad and made NAFDAC what it is today. What can any of you do for Nigeria, that is aside from making snide comments and mocking your fellow Nigerians.

I see folly in all that because no matter how far you run, you'll always come back to this poverty and bad governance and except you come back early enough to do something about it; then you are in for a horrible retirement phase.

madamkoko:

You have a different view point, which I like.

I work for an EU-funded reform programme in Nigeria, and I feel very bad when I hear such things about Nigeria. Nigeria's only problem is bad governance and unaccountability in the system. This is nothing strange because i can say categorically that most developed countries have passed through this stage.I can also state categorically that they did not overcome it by making a mockery of the whole system. If a country as little as Purte Rico can overcome the issue of Ghost Workers in their Contry using the same electronic system that failed woefully in the Nigerian Voting structure; It means that our problem lies fundametally with US.

What I need is action, not criticisms and certainly not mockery.
Re: How Come Its Only Nigerians Abroad That Are Complaining by sleekp1: 4:14pm On Jun 01, 2008
@Ujujoan
What I need is action, not criticisms and certainly not mockery.
This was the point I was trying to make. Nairalandes are not all lawmakers, so stop the mockery.
Re: How Come Its Only Nigerians Abroad That Are Complaining by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jun 01, 2008
Ujujoan:

And it will only get worse if people like you and 4her sit there and wonder why till you turn to wandereres . Dora Akunili came back from Abroad and made NAFDAC what it is today. What can any of you do for Nigeria, that is aside from making snide comments and mocking your fellow Nigerians.

I see folly in all that because no matter how far you run, you'll always come back to this poverty and bad governance and except you come back early enough to do something about it; then you are in for a horrible retirement phase.
All you just said are buzzing to my ears. . .

Sorry hon, never been in poverty. . .and with the rate am going, not likely to. . . wink

Come back to Nigeria, sure, it's a nice vactation spot. . minus the arm robbers.
Re: How Come Its Only Nigerians Abroad That Are Complaining by sleekp1: 4:23pm On Jun 01, 2008
@toyinrayo
If people back home can do 3 or 4 jobs like most of us here, Nigeria will be a different country. Stop painting this place as a sort of utopia.
Re: How Come Its Only Nigerians Abroad That Are Complaining by Nobody: 4:28pm On Jun 01, 2008
toyinrayo:

All you just said are buzzing to my ears. . .

Sorry hon, never been in poverty. . .and with the rate am going, not likely to. . . wink

Come back to Nigeria, sure, it's a nice vactation spot. . minus the arm robbers.

I wonder if you know how ridiculous you sound, calling your father land a vacation spot. You’ve never been poor?? Good for you; but you should remain in a foreign country where you will always be treated as second class citizen. You can never be one of the people that really count, cos no matter how long you’ve lived there, you’ll always be a foreigner. Please don’t let me stop you from denying your roots, it means you are a nobody, with no origin!!! tongue
Re: How Come Its Only Nigerians Abroad That Are Complaining by Nobody: 4:30pm On Jun 01, 2008
Ujujoan:

I wonder if you know how ridiculous you sound, calling your father land a vacation spot. You’ve never been poor?? Good for you; but you should remain in a foreign country where you will always be treated as second class citizen. You can never be one of the people that really count, because no matter how long you’ve lived there, you’ll always be a foreigner. Please don’t let me stop you from denying your roots, it means you are a nobody, with no origin!!! tongue

yea warreva. . .

I love Nigeria. . .my [b]vacation [/b]spot. . cool

Long live Nigeria. . .Long live Abasha/OBJ cool cool
Re: How Come Its Only Nigerians Abroad That Are Complaining by Nobody: 4:31pm On Jun 01, 2008
sleek_p:

@toyinrayo
If people back home can do 3 or 4 jobs like most of us here, Nigeria will be a different country. Stop painting this place as a sort of utopia.
Utopia?
You ppl actually think better of yourselves. . . wink
Re: How Come Its Only Nigerians Abroad That Are Complaining by madamkoko: 4:31pm On Jun 01, 2008
Personally, I think that if you were really RICH, you won't be in the US.

Rich Nigerians I know only come to the United States or Europe for School or Vacation.
Re: How Come Its Only Nigerians Abroad That Are Complaining by madamkoko: 4:33pm On Jun 01, 2008
I think that Ujujoan and Sleek P are referring to the issue of Brain Drain,
Re: How Come Its Only Nigerians Abroad That Are Complaining by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jun 01, 2008
madamkoko:

Rich Nigerians I know only come to the United States or Europe for School or Vacation.
NJ HJ, even if I was poor, I wouldn't want to be in Nigeria cool
Re: How Come Its Only Nigerians Abroad That Are Complaining by madamkoko: 4:34pm On Jun 01, 2008
hahaha, you this gal u're too much.
Re: How Come Its Only Nigerians Abroad That Are Complaining by Nobody: 4:36pm On Jun 01, 2008
madamkoko:

Thanks for pointing that fact out to her!!

toyinrayo:

NJ HJ, even if I was poor, I wouldn't want to be in Nigeria cool

Good, the likes of you are the cause of our problems in Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Appeal Court Nullifies Senator Kila's Election / Governor Akala Orders Dele Alake's Detention / Who Financed Ibb's Coup?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.