Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,790 members, 7,813,609 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:48 PM

Governor Akala Orders Dele Alake's Detention - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Akala Orders Dele Alake's Detention (4954 Views)

Photo Of MKO Abiola And Dele Alake After 1993 Elections / Christmas Dance By Ex- Governor Akala (photo) / Shame On You Governor Akala (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Governor Akala Orders Dele Alake's Detention by AloyEmeka5: 6:54am On Jul 05, 2010
GOVERNOR AKALA ORDERS DELE ALAKE'S DETENTION

Lagoscourier July 03, 2010Musibau Ajani, state correspondent

Following an incident involving the security details of the former Lagos State Commissioner for information and AC Ekiti State Senatorial aspirant, Mr Dele Alake with AIG Tunji Alapini (Rtd), the Oyo State Governor Otunba Adebayo Alao-Akala ordered the arrest and detention of Mr Dele Alake yesterday.

The driver of Mr Dele Alake, who was returning from his senatorial campaign meeting in Ekiti State, noticed that a vehicle was closely following the convoy. The driver of the car persistently tried to break the three-vehicle convoy, forcing his security details to close in to secure their principal Mr Alake.

But the occupant of the vehicle continued this attempt while the anxious drivers of the convoy fearing an attempt to assassinate Dele Alake increased their speed hoping to reach the next security check-points on lagos-Ibadan expressway.This was not to be as the car succeeded in overtaken Mr Dele Alake and forced his jeep to stop.

Apprehensive security conscious officers accompanying Dele alake decided to shoot in the air to scare off the occupants of the car.

A security officer explained that the incident was a close match to how Otunba Dipo Dina (Ogun State AC Gubernatorial candidate) was killed a few months ago. It turned out that retired AIG Tunji Alapinni was in the vehicle. He did put a call through to the Oyo State Commissioner of Police who ordered the arrest of Alake's security details for a routine interrogation.

Later, Rtd AIG Alapinni realised that the officers were merely trying to protect Mr Alake, he withdrew his complaints and requested for the release of the details. But Alao Akala thought differently.

Dissatisfied with the Oyo State police Command action, the Oyo state Governor, according to a special investigation officer who spoke to our correspondent, ordered that Mr Alake should be arrested.

The police Command was reluctant as the security details were genuinely afraid that the vehicle trying to break Mr Alake's vehicle from his security details could be occupied by assassins.But a furious Governor Akala warned that "if that Alake or what does he call himself is not detained, I will make sure that you are transferred to Maiduguri or Birnin-kebbi".

A relieved Mr Alake (who had feared an assassination bid) wanted to find out the next line of action on his security details.When Governor Akala learnt Dele Alake was in the station, he ordered his immediate arrest . When one of the officers tried to explain that Mr Alake was in possession of a licensed weapon and his security details reacted as trained to protect their principal. A fuming governor Akala reminded the officer that Dele Alake's boss embarrassed his government last week Friday when he decried the lack of functional health facilities in Ibadan.

According to the DSP, "where were you people when Tinubu abused my govt in Ibadan? Are you supporting Bola Tinubu? Or are you AC member? Henhen! We must embarrass AC with this case. Charge him to court now" The officer tried to explain that they could not possibly detain Mr Alake on the issue, but agreed to order the detention of Dele Alake. He was detained till yester night.

Upon his release, the Governor ordered that all Dele communication gadgets including his mobile phones must be seized.

The DSP liasing with Akala's Chief Security officer said he told the CSO "we cannot justify this action". But the CSO explained that they needed to read the text messages on the phones and extract some data.

At the time of filing this report, the Oyo State Police Command is still in possession of Mr Alake's mobile communication equipment. Efforts to obtain the reactions of the Oyo State Government were futile. The Special Adviser media Dotun Oyelade failed to pick-up calls and respond to a text message. The Oyo State Police Command PRO's office declined comment.
Re: Governor Akala Orders Dele Alake's Detention by temmytanny(m): 7:24am On Jul 05, 2010
AKALA WOULD FAIL THIS TIME AROUND COS HE CANT HANDLE THESE AC GUYS.
THEY ARE MORE INTELLIGENT THAN HIM
Re: Governor Akala Orders Dele Alake's Detention by AloyEmeka5: 7:39am On Jul 05, 2010
temmytanny:

Do they have a PHD like Akala?
Re: Governor Akala Orders Dele Alake's Detention by EzeUche(m): 8:15am On Jul 05, 2010
Do or die politics! shocked

I'll take kidnapping over this. A person should not have to lose their life over politics.
Re: Governor Akala Orders Dele Alake's Detention by Horlazuncanmi(m): 8:32am On Jul 05, 2010
This good for nothing Governor(AKALA) will not stop making someone to laugh, what he ought to use to have sense the guy has BLEACH everything away, Dont try anything naughty with A.C politician they are more intelligent than you, Ask Fayose how he was disgrace in lag as a Governor,
Re: Governor Akala Orders Dele Alake's Detention by AloyEmeka5: 8:39am On Jul 05, 2010
Horlazuncanmi:

This good for nothing Governor(AKALA) will not stop making someone to laugh, what he ought to use to have sense the guy has BLEACH everything away, Dont try anything naughty with A.C politician they are more intelligent than you, Ask Fayose how he was disgrace in lag as a Governor,   

Haba, bleaching cream does not affect brain and its ability to reason.

See the new system they use to threaten AC politicians now:
He had said, ”When they threatened last week to deal with me if my wife failed to call me to order and force me to renounce my resolve to contest the senatorial seat next year, they sent another one describing my children school and my house.”
The first text message sighted by our correspondent, reads: ”Tell your husband to step down if you love Sola Jimoh for the interest of yourself and your children [sic]. Ikale is not a place you can come from nowhere to rule [sic]. Politics is not a child‘s play. Ask Alhaji Jimoh, if not, we will show you the other side of life. To be forewarned is to be fore harm [sic].”

The second text message also reads: ”You did not talk to your husband. My boys visited your children‘s school at Bodija. You cannot take your three kids abroad to school [sic]. They [The boys] visited your house, nice building in the estate. How silly are you to allow the only boy you have in your family to work for Jimoh? Next time I will text you [sic], you will be speaking to your children and your brother.”

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-473708.0.html

Re: Governor Akala Orders Dele Alake's Detention by Godalone(m): 8:42am On Jul 05, 2010
Akala has finally gone crazy.

1 Like

Re: Governor Akala Orders Dele Alake's Detention by Nobody: 8:43am On Jul 05, 2010
The biggest problem with Nigeria is not corruption, it is our culture of impunity. From d okada man on d street up to d presidency. It is ruining d country, something needs to be done urgently.
Re: Governor Akala Orders Dele Alake's Detention by AloyEmeka5: 9:26am On Jul 05, 2010
Xavier.:

The biggest problem with Nigeria is not corruption, it is our culture of impunity. From d okada man on d street up to d presidency. It is ruining d country, something needs to be done urgently.

Something like what?
Re: Governor Akala Orders Dele Alake's Detention by Remii(m): 9:30am On Jul 05, 2010
Someone should tell Akala that he would score better political point for PDP and himself by fixing the major transit road through Ibadan, that portion of Lagos Ibadan expressway should be an embarrassment to a well thinking Governor, instead of these unnecessary wars with everybody, already he is at logger head with Osun State over joint ownership of LAUTECH Ogbomoso.
Re: Governor Akala Orders Dele Alake's Detention by debammy1(m): 9:34am On Jul 05, 2010
am calling on lovers of entertainment to join our label house of music prod on facebook and share da fun and upcoming shows sponsors for the africa music mega show call 08824208913
Re: Governor Akala Orders Dele Alake's Detention by desgiezd(m): 10:21am On Jul 05, 2010
Let no one advise Akala on his self-ruination trip. He has decided to head-butt a rock and he alone would bear the pains of a cracked skull.
Re: Governor Akala Orders Dele Alake's Detention by goksonjay(m): 10:41am On Jul 05, 2010
Though the man called ADEBAYO ALAO AKALA is the governor of my state, yet, I know as everybody knows that he is a certified thug. I only wondered how and why Nigeria Police Force will always join issue and align with people doing bad things just because they are in power. Nigeria Police Force always drag themselves into politics, instead of facing their job.same thing is happening in Akwa Ibom State presently. I pitied Ngeria
Re: Governor Akala Orders Dele Alake's Detention by ejisconotension: 11:30am On Jul 05, 2010
Politics!
Re: Governor Akala Orders Dele Alake's Detention by teskyg: 11:44am On Jul 05, 2010
Please ,stop bothering us with this kind of story.They are birds of the same feathers responsible for the untold hard ship we are going through.Akala, Alake what is our business?Let them arrest each other, we dont care.Abeg,post better story .
Re: Governor Akala Orders Dele Alake's Detention by shevalync: 12:19pm On Jul 05, 2010
When the tortoise is heading on a senseless mission and you ask him,Mr tortoise when will you be wise and come back home he will answer"not until I have been disgrace". grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Governor Akala Orders Dele Alake's Detention by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jul 05, 2010
This is a total abuse of power and office.Akala needs to meet fashola for some evening classes on leadership and governance.oloshi
Re: Governor Akala Orders Dele Alake's Detention by olafolarin(m): 1:07pm On Jul 05, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

Do they have a PHD like Akala?

grin grin grin

Akala is completely out of his league.He should know that Abiola's right-hand man and Tinubu's chief strategist for 8 straight years can not carry a fire-arm without appropriate licence and will also not use that authority unless his life is in grave danger.
Re: Governor Akala Orders Dele Alake's Detention by fuke(m): 1:37pm On Jul 05, 2010
temmytanny:

SPOT ON GUY.

Akala will soon find out why you du not take on a man like Alake.
By this time next week the little left in Akalas cloth of integrity if any will be in shreds.
Re: Governor Akala Orders Dele Alake's Detention by Mkpotu(m): 2:07pm On Jul 05, 2010
I have always said it; 'afia oma na-ele onweya' meaning 'good market sells itself'

If a governor is performing, you do not need to use cutlasses to pursue your opponents nor use police and thugs to intimate them because your good works will always speak for you. Alao-akala is making the whole thing look childish if some of the statements above actually came from him.

A performing Governor doesn't need to cry when there are allegations of non-performance by critics, what he he has to do is to table those achievements like pack of cards and challenge his critics. Watch states where governors are performing, they are not scared of opposition because the people will support him. So I think the game is over for Alao-akala that is why he is using every possible means to intimidate, harass and frighten possible opponents.
Re: Governor Akala Orders Dele Alake's Detention by CarlosVent(m): 3:00pm On Jul 05, 2010
WHY IS THERE NO GOVERNOR IN DIS STATE.
D 1 WEY DEY IS JUST DOING AS IF NO 1 DEY
Re: Governor Akala Orders Dele Alake's Detention by gbengapro: 3:25pm On Jul 05, 2010
I am in shock with the responses so far. You are all BIG FOOLS. You have left the substance to chase shadows. So Dele Alake and his goons have rights to shoot other motorists because he is afraid of assassination. Is he a police officer? Is he licensed to carry guns to shoot other motorists? Who the hell is Dele Alake to be driving around in a convoy of armed men?Have we descended so lowly and have become so lawless? If all political aspirants are licensed to carry guns, we might as well become a war zone.
Dele Alake is a lawless tug from Bola Tinubu's school of thuggery and area boys. He is reckless, irresponsible and stupid. He should be charged for attempted murder and aggravated assault.
To you nairalanders who made these comments above, shame on you. You are blinded by sentiments and prejudice against Akala who is not a party in this matter
Re: Governor Akala Orders Dele Alake's Detention by Reptyle(m): 4:02pm On Jul 05, 2010
gbengapro:

I am in shock with the responses so far. You are all BIG FOOLS. You have left the substance to chase shadows. So Dele Alake and his goons have rights to shoot other motorists because he is afraid of assassination. Is he a police officer? Is he licensed to carry guns to shoot other motorists? Who the hell is Dele Alake to be driving around in a convoy of armed men?Have we descended so lowly and have become so lawless? If all political aspirants are licensed to carry guns, we might as well become a war zone.
Dele Alake is a lawless tug from Bola Tinubu's school of thuggery and area boys. He is reckless, irresponsible and silly. He should be charged for attempted murder and aggravated assault.
To you nairalanders who made these comments above, shame on you. You are blinded by sentiments and prejudice against Akala who is not a party in this matter

I thot of a very creative response to the vomit u posted but decided you weren't worth it. Stay dumb!!!! angry angry angry angry
Re: Governor Akala Orders Dele Alake's Detention by desgiezd(m): 4:06pm On Jul 05, 2010
@ Gbengapro

Apprehensive security conscious officers accompanying Dele alake decided to shoot in the air to scare off the occupants of the car.

Does the above quote have a meaning to you? Where in the report was it said that the gun was aimed at the car and its occupants? Does Akala know more of security issues than Tunji Alapini who retired as AIG while Akala was forced out of the force as ACP?

You have said Akala is not a party in this matter, if truly he is not as has been observed by you, why then is he bent on prosecuting the guy even when the AIG has withdrawn his complain?
Re: Governor Akala Orders Dele Alake's Detention by seanet02: 4:25pm On Jul 05, 2010
@gbengapro, dont come here again to display your ignorance, akala is a confirmed mad dog, he is a frustrated monkey.
Re: Governor Akala Orders Dele Alake's Detention by toba1909(m): 4:31pm On Jul 05, 2010
gbengapro:

Dele Alake is a lawless tug from Bola Tinubu's school of thuggery and area boys. He is reckless, irresponsible and silly. He should be charged for attempted murder and aggravated assault.

You're a retard!
Are you saying it is wrong for an aspirant to be security conscious or what?
Have you forgotten Dipo Dina was recently murdered by yet to be identified gun men?
The attack on Wale Adedayo in Ogun state last year is still fresh in my memory, if not for his bravery act and his licensed pump action rifle; he would've being dead by now.

Slow poke head!
Re: Governor Akala Orders Dele Alake's Detention by johndavid1(m): 5:06pm On Jul 05, 2010
shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Governor Akala Orders Dele Alake's Detention by gbengapro: 5:54pm On Jul 05, 2010
Toba1909, if I am a retard, then you are a goat! So because you are security conscious, you should gomround shooting innocent citizens. Because some politicians were assassinated in the past, all politicians should go about carrying guns and shooting people. Talk about anarchy and lawlessness.
You AC apologists have no brain at all. All you do is come on line to sing praises of your thuggish leaders and run down others.
I repeat- Dele Alake has acted irresponsibly as a thug and should be arrested and prosecuted for attempted murder and aggravated assault
Re: Governor Akala Orders Dele Alake's Detention by freshmoney(m): 6:32pm On Jul 05, 2010
gbengapro:

A he-goat in a human skin you are! Whenever assasins attack you, kindly drop your licensed pump action rifle or whatever(if you have any), and surrender your lame self to be shot dead. I wonder if you ever procure a licensed firearm, cuz if you do, you will not be uttering this arrant nonsense. You'd better get schooled.
Re: Governor Akala Orders Dele Alake's Detention by freshmoney(m): 6:36pm On Jul 05, 2010
gbengapro:

Toba1909, if I am a retard, then you are a goat! So because you are security conscious, you should gomround shooting innocent citizens. Because some politicians were assassinated in the past, all politicians should go about carrying guns and shooting people. Talk about anarchy and lawlessness.
You AC apologists have no brain at all. All you do is come on line to sing praises of your thuggish leaders and run down others.
I repeat- Dele Alake has acted irresponsibly as a thug and should be arrested and prosecuted for attempted murder and aggravated assault

Scumbag you are. Anyone with a licensed shotgun is free under law to carry his pump action around. Everyone needs it in this unsecured country!

@HOUSE: Please can one license an AK47, I am planning to get a limited edition AK47 across from Germany AND I only know of pump action or double barrel which I have already licensed
Re: Governor Akala Orders Dele Alake's Detention by tolu001: 7:22pm On Jul 05, 2010
@gbengapro u are surely a retard, cos u are now one of akala's thug then u decide to turn a blind eye to the anomalies of ur corrupt boss(grand master of thugs). Dont worry, nemesis will soon catch up on all of u
Re: Governor Akala Orders Dele Alake's Detention by seanet02: 7:33pm On Jul 05, 2010
@gbengapro, mr. Ignorance, keep behaving like a dummy, your governor is a demon in ibadan just like you are here on nairaland.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Scientists Find Cure For Banana Disease / Heavy Fighting - Islamist Sect Attacks Bauchi Prison / Somebody Should Get These Girls A Pedestrian Bridge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.