Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,607 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:01 PM

I Need Help With My GOTV - Satellite TV Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / I Need Help With My GOTV (14657 Views)

How To Make My Gotv Work In A New Location, Moved Away From My Former Location / Help My Gotv Account Suspended / Emergency! Plz Help Me With My Gotv Decoder Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Help With My GOTV by tayoccu(m): 10:22pm On Aug 06, 2013
Hi guys,
My nephew somehow scambled my gotv, and now I can only receive few GOTV channels, coupled with some startimes channels, please how do I rectify the issue?
*my schedule is a lil tight so I can't visit any GOTV office 4 now.
Re: I Need Help With My GOTV by olenyi: 4:49pm On Aug 07, 2013
I believe what u need is to rescan ur decoder.

Regards.

1 Like

Re: I Need Help With My GOTV by tayoccu(m): 7:17pm On Aug 08, 2013
Thanks 4 the reply, I already rescanned, and its still d same.
Re: I Need Help With My GOTV by nikkyshyne(f): 10:51am On Aug 09, 2013
Gotv presently having technical issues. It isn't your decoder.
Re: I Need Help With My GOTV by pofolo(m): 1:01pm On Aug 09, 2013
PRESS menu, and then ok
check your signal strength and quality, both must be
greater than 54%, THEN press menu, advance option, installation,
check if the antenna is on,then reset...............
best of luck bro.
Re: I Need Help With My GOTV by bosunjohns(m): 7:04am On Aug 13, 2013
I also subscribed for three months and for about 2
weeks now, I have not been able to watch any
stations. When I reset and scan again, It only brings
out three local channels. Its frustrating.
Re: I Need Help With My GOTV by pofolo(m): 7:01pm On Aug 13, 2013
pofolo: PRESS menu, and then ok
check your signal strength and quality, both must be
greater than 54%, THEN press menu, advance option, installation,
check if the antenna is on,then reset...............
best of luck bro.

To all having to rescan your decoders, I'll advice you make use of the grid (external) antenna.
Re: I Need Help With My GOTV by tunde300us(m): 11:19pm On Aug 13, 2013
I have the same issue with this GOTV stuff too,i can only receive just 19 of the 34 stations they advertised.Mayb its a technical issue like u said here
Re: I Need Help With My GOTV by Yinyin1(f): 7:43pm On Aug 15, 2013
tunde300us: I have the same issue with this GOTV stuff too,i can only receive just 19 of the 34 stations they advertised.Mayb its a technical issue like u said here

Yes,the GOtv is currently experiencing technical challenges.I'm facing same thing n confirmed from their ofx.
Re: I Need Help With My GOTV by gbemitte: 9:27am On Jan 04, 2014
my gotv only shows some startimes channels and then block it. it has never detects any gotv channels at all since i bought it.
Stay away, don't wst your money on junks
Re: I Need Help With My GOTV by skedoboy(m): 4:09am On Dec 24, 2014
please, i need steps on how to connect my binotone outdoor antenna with my gotv decoder.
Re: I Need Help With My GOTV by Jefersoun: 2:04pm On Dec 24, 2014
skedoboy:
please, i need steps on how to connect my binotone outdoor antenna with my gotv decoder.
First of all you need a f-connector(50 or 100 naira) from electronic shop. Cut the wire that connect your booster to tv(the head that connect to back of the tv). Now fix the f-connector properly to the wire. There are two types of naked wire in the wire whe you cut it. The strong one should go straight while the scattered ones should touch the body of the f-connector. After that, connect the wire to your decoder by rolling it. Remember, only one side of the wire connecting your booster to tv should be cut off(tv side or head). No need to touch the direct antenna wire, just the wire connecting the booster to tv you need.

1 Like

Re: I Need Help With My GOTV by Kolade354(m): 2:15pm On Dec 25, 2014
That is the flimsy excuse they will give you technical fault is a blatant lie you better complain to them on facebook or twitter that how they can do something............Ithey cant do anything in their office.
Re: I Need Help With My GOTV by drstainlex: 4:58pm On Dec 29, 2014
if i had view this post i wud'nt hv bought this trash called GOtv..... Its true about what they say; "if nor be panadol,e nor fit be like panadol"
Re: I Need Help With My GOTV by micxwell(m): 6:31pm On Feb 04, 2015
Gotv, una disappoint me o... Badly!.. I bought it in Ibadan and took it to Abeokuta tried everything possible to install it @Ogun-Oshun River Basin Quarters all to no avail.... long poles, rescanned it a whole lot of time...

Well well...... Had to port to STARTIMES today installation was completely easy!
Re: I Need Help With My GOTV by guass(m): 1:45am On Feb 05, 2015
micxwell:
Gotv, una disappoint me o... Badly!.. I bought it in Ibadan and took it to Abeokuta tried everything possible to install it @Ogun-Oshun River Basin Quarters all to no avail.... long poles, rescanned it a whole lot of time...

Well well...... Had to port to STARTIMES today installation was completely easy!
Eyaaaaaaaaaaaa!
Sorry 4 dat inconvenience. Find out weda people are using GOtv in that area b/4 I will tell U what next to do.
Re: I Need Help With My GOTV by weezii(m): 7:05pm On Feb 12, 2015
guass:

Eyaaaaaaaaaaaa!
Sorry 4 dat inconvenience. Find out weda people are using GOtv in that area b/4 I will tell U what next to do.
@Op sorry for posting this question here.

@guass I greet, seems u know much about Gotv.
I recently purchased a unit from a friend who bought it but had no network reception of it in his area whereas there's d reception in mine. But when I tried setting it up as in just plugging and booting the decoder, it shows me blank screen and the remote presses doesn't reflect on the tv.

Am thinkng that cos twas registered in a different state, does it have such effect? Or is the decoder not good?
Re: I Need Help With My GOTV by guass(m): 4:59am On Feb 18, 2015
weezii:

@Op sorry for posting this question here.

@guass I greet, seems u know much about Gotv.
I recently purchased a unit from a friend who bought it but had no network reception of it in his area whereas there's d reception in mine. But when I tried setting it up as in just plugging and booting the decoder, it shows me blank screen and the remote presses doesn't reflect on the tv.

Am thinkng that cos twas registered in a different state, does it have such effect? Or is the decoder not good?
Very simple
Press P- and P+ on ur decoder and then exit, go to menu and rescan. That is all
Re: I Need Help With My GOTV by weezii(m): 10:46pm On Feb 18, 2015
guass:

Very simple
Press P- and P+ on ur decoder and then exit, go to menu and rescan. That is all
Thanks bro. Will try that and get back to you!

(1) (Reply)

Directory For Consat Satellite Tv Installers - Get Listed / AIT (Daarsat) + Visafone Partnering for Satelite and Internet / Is Gotv And Generator Combination Wrong?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.