Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,167 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:09 AM

My Flatmate Brings Random Guys To Our Shared Apartment - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Flatmate Brings Random Guys To Our Shared Apartment (7676 Views)

If Your Spouse Ex Brings This Range-Rover On Your Wedding Day (Photo) / Man Brings Wife From Nigeria Abroad Only To Discover She's Pregnant For Another / Is It Proper For Nigerian Guys To Toast A Lady On Social Media? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Flatmate Brings Random Guys To Our Shared Apartment by Officialgrl2(f): 11:42pm On Aug 06, 2013
Hello guys, am new here, so forgive me if i haven't posted this topic in the right section

My flatmate, who happens to be my friend/ course mate broke up woth her long term boyfriend and simce rhen, she keeps bring questionable men to our shared apartment! She brings new guy almost every night even when we have lectures the next day. Now to make matter worst these guys always hv breakfast wirh her, she feeds them my OWN food.

I have complained about this, and she keeps saying the guys are in her room not mine, plus she can bring anyone she likes home.

While I understand it's not my place to judge her personal life, I'm not at all comfortable with her bringing strangers into the house. The chance of one this guys robbing or us or doing something worst is pretty high, since they all look rough and scary. I don't feel safe in a house I pay rent in. I start to lock my room, but I still don't feel safe.

So please guys how do you think I can solve this issue?Should i involve our landlord? i hv tried talking to her but it was all in vain. We are on holiday now so I have a lot of time to ask for advice before going back to uni.
Re: My Flatmate Brings Random Guys To Our Shared Apartment by Officialgrl2(f): 11:44pm On Aug 06, 2013
*If I didn't post this topic in the right section*
Re: My Flatmate Brings Random Guys To Our Shared Apartment by obowunmi(m): 12:09am On Aug 07, 2013
You better go and find another flat.
Re: My Flatmate Brings Random Guys To Our Shared Apartment by adconline(m): 12:32am On Aug 07, 2013
Women and cat fight. She's right! So long as she does not disturb u with her visitors, she is OK, unless you have it spelt out in the rental contract : no visitor- you have no case. You have given up ur privacy and freedom in consideration for her rent. If you don't like her opinion or choice to matter, you should not ask for her wallet. If you don't like people or strangers visiting your flat mate, live on your own or have it written in the rental agreement

1 Like

Re: My Flatmate Brings Random Guys To Our Shared Apartment by Flygerian1(m): 12:34am On Aug 07, 2013
No need to tell ur landlord as that might spark up more enmity btw u and her. If u really like that apartment and dont wanto leave, all u v to do is one, make sure ur room is well locked when going out! Two, cook ONLY what u can eat. Three, whenever she's at home with a guy, be in ur room and lock ur door. Four, make sure u have a close friend that u would always alert to bear witness whenever she (ur roomie) brings a guy home should incase anything happens. Five, dont engage in much talk or arguement with her when having issues cos such person (esp. girls that wont mind quarelling with their friends cos of men) 'might' be secretely harmful, if u know what i mean. Well, i think i'v made myself clear but to wrap it all up and to make things at ease since u'r not confy with the house u pay part rent, the BEST thing for you is to look for another apartment.

4 Likes

Re: My Flatmate Brings Random Guys To Our Shared Apartment by HARDDON: 12:42am On Aug 07, 2013
sorry to say, buh aint nothing you can do about it, landlord would only worsen the situation.....

to have peace of mind, pack your bags and go find another place of abode,

no matter what you say, she is gonno get worse.....because she sees it as pay back time; she doesnt give two pence about any guy any more. she wano xpirence what it feels like to be the PLAYER

1 Like

Re: My Flatmate Brings Random Guys To Our Shared Apartment by braine(m): 1:02am On Aug 07, 2013
Just ignore her and her visitors.
Re: My Flatmate Brings Random Guys To Our Shared Apartment by 5sigma(m): 1:37am On Aug 07, 2013
Feel your pain. Flatmates from hell can be a thorn. I guess you didn't really know her before shacking up with her. Sometimes though you think you know someone until you move in with them. Had this flatmate back in uni whose relatives kept stealing from me.so I kinda understand you. Anyway my suggestion is that you ensure your own security. Not trying to scare you but you must keep your doors locked and your phones within easy reach. Don't think you should involve your landlord. To what end? May cause more gbese for both o'ya.hope it all works out for you. Let me know how it goes?
Re: My Flatmate Brings Random Guys To Our Shared Apartment by LOVEHAPPINESS: 4:22am On Aug 07, 2013
Wait for her to invite another friend over.

When he gets there, invite one of YOUR guy friends over.

Be intimate as loudly as you can! Scream, moan, and talk dirty!

Do this enough times and your friend will be so embarassed that she stops bringing her dates to your apartment.

Alternatively, you might end up in a "being loud while intimate" competition, with both of you competing to be the loudest.

Note: It is hard to have a "sex.ual" conversation on Nairaland!
Re: My Flatmate Brings Random Guys To Our Shared Apartment by Walexz02(m): 4:51am On Aug 07, 2013
Flygerian.:
No need to tell ur landlord as that might spark up more enmity btw u and her. If u really like that apartment and dont wanto leave, all u v to do is one, make sure ur room is well locked when going out! Two, cook ONLY what u can eat. Three, whenever she's at home with a guy, be in ur room and lock ur door. Four, make sure u have a close friend that u would always alert to bear witness whenever she (ur roomie) brings a guy home should incase anything happens. Five, dont engage in much talk or arguement with her when having issues cos such person (esp. girls that wont mind quarelling with their friends cos of men) 'might' be secretely harmful, if u know what i mean. Well, i think i'v made myself clear but to wrap it all up and to make things at ease since u'r not confy with the house u pay part rent, the BEST thing for you is to look for another apartment.
capish!
abi wetin u want hear again :/
btw, is that your pissure That your curve na die o cheesy
Re: My Flatmate Brings Random Guys To Our Shared Apartment by Mynd44: 5:24am On Aug 07, 2013
I believe there are enough thoughts for the OP to pick from
Re: My Flatmate Brings Random Guys To Our Shared Apartment by Sureboy411: 5:29am On Aug 07, 2013
Officialgrl2: *If I didn't post this topic in the right section*

You can easy moderate your post...ok

She also paid for the house remember
So she can do whatever
The only option you have now is either look for another flat or cope with her
Re: My Flatmate Brings Random Guys To Our Shared Apartment by tellwisdom: 5:41am On Aug 07, 2013
Once they come; lock the door and shout OLEEEEEEEEEEEE sad
Re: My Flatmate Brings Random Guys To Our Shared Apartment by kstyle2(m): 7:20am On Aug 07, 2013
Wat wud Jesus do?
Re: My Flatmate Brings Random Guys To Our Shared Apartment by Nobody: 7:48am On Aug 07, 2013
Flygerian.:
@op i concore with these guy's ad; look for another apartment carpish!!
Re: My Flatmate Brings Random Guys To Our Shared Apartment by Godson201333(m): 7:55am On Aug 07, 2013
Officialgrl2: Hello guys, am new here, so forgive me if i haven't posted this topic in the right section

My flatmate, who happens to be my friend/ course mate broke up woth her long term boyfriend and simce rhen, she keeps bring questionable men to our shared apartment! She brings new guy almost every night even when we have lectures the next day. Now to make matter worst these guys always hv breakfast wirh her, she feeds them my OWN food.

I have complained about this, and she keeps saying the guys are in her room not mine, plus she can bring anyone she likes home.

While I understand it's not my place to judge her personal life, I'm not at all comfortable with her bringing strangers into the house. The chance of one this guys robbing or us or doing something worst is pretty high, since they all look rough and scary. I don't feel safe in a house I pay rent in. I start to lock my room, but I still don't feel safe.

So please guys how do you think I can solve this issue?Should i involve our landlord? i hv tried talking to her but it was all in vain. We are on holiday now so I have a lot of time to ask for advice before going back to uni.

well I can't even finish reading everything,It would have been better for you to have written everything in pidgin.....

Okay well since you have your own room.I think its better you always mind your business or get another apartment..Hope im making sense sha grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: My Flatmate Brings Random Guys To Our Shared Apartment by brixton: 9:18am On Aug 07, 2013
Re: My Flatmate Brings Random Guys To Our Shared Apartment by MrsChima(f): 9:34am On Aug 07, 2013
My flatmate is a ho! Guess what OP? I am sleeping with my housemate. Shhhhh.
Re: My Flatmate Brings Random Guys To Our Shared Apartment by Nobody: 9:46am On Aug 07, 2013
Of course, you should tell your landlord. Since you've tried talking to her and that has not worked, get your landlord involved. You have every right to complain. You are both paying your own share of the rent and neither one should be doing anything to be making the other feel uncomfortable. It's understandable that you're concerned for your safety because she keeps bringing different guys to your apartment every night. You should also be displeased because she keeps feeding them your own food, so disrespectful. Have you two shared each other's food before?

Did you sign a lease and when does it end? What are the agreements on your rental contract? Regardless of the situation, tell your landlord what she's doing and how you're not comfortable with it. I'm sure that would smarter her up. If she gets mad as a result, don't let that bother you. If you still have a few more months to go on your lease, try as much as possible to leave peaceably with her. When your lease ends, leave. If you're going to live with someone again, before you move in with them, make sure you both come to an agreement regarding the terms and conditions of living in the apartment, or better yet, if you can afford to, live on your own. Good luck.
Re: My Flatmate Brings Random Guys To Our Shared Apartment by dridowu: 11:32am On Aug 07, 2013
Either she pack and leave or you pack and leave.
Shikena
Re: My Flatmate Brings Random Guys To Our Shared Apartment by ozoemeka(m): 3:54pm On Aug 07, 2013
She likes thugs?
I want to see a picture of the scary men

Officialgrl2: Hello guys, am new here, so forgive me if i haven't posted this topic in the right section

Re: My Flatmate Brings Random Guys To Our Shared Apartment by Nobody: 4:24pm On Aug 07, 2013
@op, You hv got nice curves by the way. sey na their 'soundtrack" dey annoy you in particular?
Re: My Flatmate Brings Random Guys To Our Shared Apartment by Exponental(m): 4:56pm On Aug 07, 2013
Which schoool?
How far is it from campus?
Cant u get a self cont?
What is d security situation of dat area like
keep ur food stuffs in ur room if u are nt comfortable with her.
Be watchful and lock ur doors as often as u can.
Dont sleep nak.ed
be prayerful
Re: My Flatmate Brings Random Guys To Our Shared Apartment by dplomaticVal: 6:36pm On Aug 07, 2013
Methinks your major problm is nt abt your safety and tht of your property as u asserted. The prblm you've is tht you're so much concerned abt ur friend's well being and thats why your jus uncomfortable seeing her wit rough guys @ unholy hours. but since she isnt complainin or worried abt that,let her be. You said you guys share same flat and not same room so it's easy for u to concentrate on ur studies which l gues brought u to schl and eschew interferin in her private life.

2 Likes

Re: My Flatmate Brings Random Guys To Our Shared Apartment by xyoung: 6:36pm On Aug 07, 2013
@OP..i dont want to sound like a broken record but with ur lucious curves, u should start snatchin ur flatmate BFs to ur side..when she sees u r diverting all her male friends, she will stop misbahving
Re: My Flatmate Brings Random Guys To Our Shared Apartment by dplomaticVal: 7:53pm On Aug 07, 2013
^ . .it seems u wnt her to turn to a casualty

1 Like

Re: My Flatmate Brings Random Guys To Our Shared Apartment by Nobody: 8:05pm On Aug 07, 2013
Berra run for your life before you contract STIs or probably STDs... They babe has unleashed her promiscuous side and is on a deadly mission... #ForfeitYOURrent
Re: My Flatmate Brings Random Guys To Our Shared Apartment by icon8: 9:36pm On Aug 07, 2013
Do you not have your own boyfriend(s)? Start inviting them over to pass a night after the other ASAP! That way, man no go vex, na do me I do you grin
Re: My Flatmate Brings Random Guys To Our Shared Apartment by Nobody: 12:44am On Aug 08, 2013
Hey! Inform a reliable person b4 a man dies in dt house and d police come pack all of una oo
Re: My Flatmate Brings Random Guys To Our Shared Apartment by Flygerian1(m): 2:33am On Aug 08, 2013
Yield: tell your landlord what she's doing and how you're not comfortable with it. I'm sure that would smarter her up. If she gets mad as a result, don't let that bother you.
No need advicin her to do the above when u know u would still come up with the below...

Yield: If you still have a few more months to go on your lease, try as much as possible to leave peaceably with her. When your lease ends, leave.
...cos the way some naija girls behave these days, in the near future I wont like to read something like: "A uni student sets apartment ablaze and ran away while her fellow room mate was inside".
Re: My Flatmate Brings Random Guys To Our Shared Apartment by foxxymobile1(m): 12:21pm On May 14, 2017
Book Now!! Shared:- 1 Bedroom self contain at Iwaya yaba. A roommate needed. Must be Working,a traveler, entrepreneur, NYSC Corps member or student. Due provide your ID. one bedroom Starting from ₦3,000 per day, ₦15,500k per week, ₦50,000K Per months .Prices are negotiable!! Cash not refundeable!! Strictly Limited to 12 Months -visit www.fmisconnect.com to learn more about us. Interested in this property? Call Admin Francis 08086510264 before coming!! Email your I.d to francis@fmisconnect.com

Property Description

A male staff working under the management of Foxxymobile ltd is looking for a roommate to share his one bedroom self contain at Ajoke Street iwaya , yaba Lagos Nigeria. He is not always around due to the nature of his job. He visits the building 1 or 2 times a week. Interested applicant must be working, a traveller, NYSC Corps Member or Student. Must be an igbo origin. Limited to 1 yrs of stay. No Agent fee. Inclusive to agreement and other fees.

By popular demand, Foxxymobile Apartments is now opening their doors for working class, Businessmen and women a traveler, entrepreneur, NYSC Corps Member and students. (Please read on)
If you're a Working class , a traveller, Corp Member or student that can't seem to find accommodation on campus or close to place of work , we just might have the right place for you.
Rooms will be a 1 bedroom self-contained apartment unit with an adjoining shower and washroom.
Foxxymobile Apartments is in the heart of Iwaya , Yaba (Sabo), close proximity to Yabatech and UNILAG.
Only Working class, NYSC Corps Member and students with valid student IDs qualify to apply .
N50,000 per month/room/student (plus caution fees)

Interested in this property? Call Admin Francis 08086510264 before coming Email your I.d to francis@fmisconnect.com

(1) (Reply)

. / Erotic Art From The Ancient World. / How Best To Forget A Crush?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.