Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:59 AM

First International Flight Takes-off From Enugu 24th August - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / First International Flight Takes-off From Enugu 24th August (21161 Views)

An Unhappy Train Experience From Enugu Railway (photos) / First International Flight Lands At Enugu Airport Amidst Jubilation / Things You Should Have Before Boarding An International Flight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First International Flight Takes-off From Enugu 24th August by kalushaiyke(m): 1:59pm On Aug 07, 2013
:DGood news oooo...make I checkout that place if I go get job.
Re: First International Flight Takes-off From Enugu 24th August by nwadaigbo: 2:31pm On Aug 07, 2013
asha 80: all the adjoining federal roads leading to enugu have to be in good condition...the enugu onitsha,enugu ph,enugu abakiliki and the ones leading to benue and kogi for this airport to function effectively.
was benin ore, lagos-ibadan expressway in good shape bf ppl travel to lagos to board flight from muritallah muhammed airport lagos. Sometimes, u ppl make disgusting comment. In as much as d roads needs to be in good shape, it does not stop ppl from using it.

5 Likes

Re: First International Flight Takes-off From Enugu 24th August by EasternLeopard: 2:32pm On Aug 07, 2013
Why are some Nigerians jealous of this wonderful achievements in Eastern Nigeria. Well it confirms that some Nigerians know that some day the East will be the greatest in Africa.

5 Likes

Re: First International Flight Takes-off From Enugu 24th August by ShineuEye: 2:35pm On Aug 07, 2013
As a non Igbo I still rejoice with you people considering the impact this would have on commerce in the SE.

P.S
This will however not be good news to people from the SW. The Igbos control commerce and if the Igbos look inwards Nigeria is in trouble.

Lagos is gradually loosing its relevance hence the "Eko ni baje" slogan. Its too late, its already baje thats why Abuja was created. Now that other regions are fast catching up, the Yorubas are welcome to keep "baje" Lagos.

7 Likes

Re: First International Flight Takes-off From Enugu 24th August by basilo101: 2:36pm On Aug 07, 2013
dos-santos:
congratulobia. thank God all igbos dnt have too transit lagos & porthacourt b4 getting to anywhere in the world. this calls for serious celebration.
But dnt 4get u cant to the outside woorld through the sea without patronising yoruba ppl, portharcout, delta,akwaibom,calabar ppl.

Do you mean igboland is a landlocked area like MALI ,CHAD & NIGER. lmao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The federal republic of Nigeria is nt landlocked.
Re: First International Flight Takes-off From Enugu 24th August by Nobody: 2:38pm On Aug 07, 2013
Shine u Eye: As a non Igbo I still rejoice with you people considering the impact this would have on commerce in the SE.

P.S
[b]This will however not be good news to people from the SW. The Igbos control commerce and if the Igbos look inwards Nigeria is in trouble[/b].

[size=14pt]
Ni99@ STFU!
What commerce are the Igbos controlling? (spare parts and electronic appliance sale?)

It is a nice development and I hope the FG looks into the issue of a port and railway for the East smiley[/size]

1 Like

Re: First International Flight Takes-off From Enugu 24th August by Nobody: 2:39pm On Aug 07, 2013
Shine u Eye: As a non Igbo I still rejoice with you people considering the impact this would have on commerce in the SE.

P.S
This will however not be good news to people from the SW. The Igbos control commerce and if the Igbos look inwards Nigeria is in trouble.

Lagos is gradually loosing its relevance hence the "Eko ni baje" slogan. Its too late, its already baje thats why Abuja was created.

[size=14pt]So true, maybe you could tell that too die-hard 'Lagos-Igbos'.
[/size]
Re: First International Flight Takes-off From Enugu 24th August by write2obi(m): 2:39pm On Aug 07, 2013
SimonAndal:
Sometimes I tie my feet together while in the bath and pretend I'm a merman.
Other times I deliberately complete a job very close to election period and pretend I'm a Nigerian public servant.
Guess u've not being taking your Drugs.

1 Like

Re: First International Flight Takes-off From Enugu 24th August by MrAboki: 2:41pm On Aug 07, 2013
9jacrip:

[size=14pt]
Ni99@ STFU!
What commerce are the Igbos controlling? (spare parts and electronic appliance sale?)

It is a nice development and I hope the FG looks into the issue of a port and railway for the East smiley[/size]

Re: First International Flight Takes-off From Enugu 24th August by ShineuEye: 2:41pm On Aug 07, 2013
9jacrip:

[size=14pt]
Ni99@ STFU!

The thing dey pain you? Am only stating obvious fact, even in my village the Igbos control commerce there. Nigeria need Igbos more than the Igbos need Nigeria.

6 Likes

Re: First International Flight Takes-off From Enugu 24th August by SNOWWHITE240(m): 2:42pm On Aug 07, 2013
gud one but deu shud ude it for genuine purposes
Re: First International Flight Takes-off From Enugu 24th August by Nobody: 2:44pm On Aug 07, 2013
Shine u Eye:

The thing dey pain you? Am only stating obvious fact, even in my village the Igbos control commerce there. Nigeria need Igbos more than the Igbos need Nigeria.

[size=14pt]
Pain? Naw, but what you're saying is overrated!
What 'village' are you from?[/size]

1 Like

Re: First International Flight Takes-off From Enugu 24th August by Supergenius(m): 2:49pm On Aug 07, 2013
basilo101:
He said dry port in Aba. If u dnt kw d meaning of dry port, google is ur friend
wel i was not blind wen i saw SEAPORT in the post
Re: First International Flight Takes-off From Enugu 24th August by SNOWWHITE240(m): 2:49pm On Aug 07, 2013
let every region in nigeria hav international airport and other facilities so dat some cities like lagos will nt be overpopulated
Re: First International Flight Takes-off From Enugu 24th August by basilo101: 2:49pm On Aug 07, 2013
abbeylincon: Gosh! So there is no international airport in the entire east b4! Too bad Ooº°˚!
4get abt dat nonesense geopolitical zone. Aba n owerri r closer 2 PH international airport dan ibadan is 2 MMIA Lagos, 4get abt tribe, geographically, PH is in eastern nigeria

1 Like

Re: First International Flight Takes-off From Enugu 24th August by Niseamaka(m): 2:51pm On Aug 07, 2013
Emperor_007: .

Nice development, it's remaining a functional Sea Port, and dry port in Aba .
A"functional"sea port in onitsha is long overdue,lots of hazards is associated with transporting cleared vehicles and goods from lagos to the East.It will also greatly reduce the congestion and chaos in lagos ports by at least 50percent.
Re: First International Flight Takes-off From Enugu 24th August by sleekp1: 2:52pm On Aug 07, 2013

P.S

Lagos is gradually loosing its relevance hence the "Eko ni baje" slogan. Its too late, its already baje thats why Abuja was created. Now that other regions are fast catching up, the Yorubas are welcome to keep "baje" Lagos.

I'd like to join Ibos in celebrating too. Kudos to GEJ
Re: First International Flight Takes-off From Enugu 24th August by ShineuEye: 2:53pm On Aug 07, 2013
9jacrip:

[size=14pt]Calm down sir, I'm not bashing tribes.
I love Igbos, the only best friend I've ever had is Igbo, I have them as family friends.
Good people to interact with and have close to heart if you both are open to each other and willing to tolerate one another's cultures.
[/size]
A well thought out reply. Nice
Re: First International Flight Takes-off From Enugu 24th August by Supergenius(m): 2:54pm On Aug 07, 2013
Lachynos2k2: oga he said "dry port" stop tryn to make fool of someone else when u are actually the fool.
well u must be blind for not being able to see the SEAPORT boldly written on the post
Re: First International Flight Takes-off From Enugu 24th August by Soso990240(m): 3:06pm On Aug 07, 2013
seedord247:

Thomas family...

Adele family

Campus family....

You want more? grin
na over feeding de worry ur small head.i thought u would have mentioned their contributions too,or didnt u see any?
Re: First International Flight Takes-off From Enugu 24th August by Dejohnbull: 3:16pm On Aug 07, 2013
Spiff20: Enugu is nw d pride of d east. D igbo's shud emulate akwa ibom
No Enugu city shud emulate Uyo.
Re: First International Flight Takes-off From Enugu 24th August by clint77ng: 3:20pm On Aug 07, 2013
Chris-OD:
Comment by John Okiyi Kalu:

Na ur papa born u
Re: First International Flight Takes-off From Enugu 24th August by bluerange(f): 3:22pm On Aug 07, 2013
before now every street in New Haven has a hotel, now it will be every house since it is about 5 mins drive from the airport. Emene must step up.
Re: First International Flight Takes-off From Enugu 24th August by clint77ng: 3:24pm On Aug 07, 2013
xtianh: .

Those roads are currently undergoing massive rehabilitation right nw
Yes ooooo
Re: First International Flight Takes-off From Enugu 24th August by clint77ng: 3:28pm On Aug 07, 2013
pesty100: Election tinz
*put on my 7D glass on back*
Truly, everything done by a politician has a political undertone cos politics is his profession.
Re: First International Flight Takes-off From Enugu 24th August by Nobody: 3:32pm On Aug 07, 2013
fydence: ...yet most times you think with ur Anus and pretend you are a functional Human being... Learn to appreciate good things!
_

You really don't get how this works, right?
Re: First International Flight Takes-off From Enugu 24th August by clint77ng: 3:36pm On Aug 07, 2013
Longeria: The owner of Lagos airport is also the owner of that of enugu so the maintenance is the same
Simple!!!

1 Like

Re: First International Flight Takes-off From Enugu 24th August by kenzspunpy(m): 3:44pm On Aug 07, 2013
Pancho01: Its a gud sign of development. Bt d fundamental question 2 ask nw is on d long run wil ds airport b able 2 stand d tortuous test of time? Hw best wil dey maintain ds infrastructure?

Pessimist! Perrenial pessimist!! People are lauding a wonderful effort by the Government, you are here expressing concerns. What test of time? Is the airport not functioning before now? My friend, you better start thinking straight.

Good one by GEJ....

1 Like

Re: First International Flight Takes-off From Enugu 24th August by asha80(m): 3:50pm On Aug 07, 2013
nwadaigbo: was benin ore, lagos-ibadan expressway in good shape bf ppl travel to lagos to board flight from muritallah muhammed airport lagos. Sometimes, u ppl make disgusting comment. In as much as d roads needs to be in good shape, it does not stop ppl from using it.
it would enhance the usage of the airport..that is all.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Best Places In Port Harcourt To Live In. / Going For PLAB Exam And Abandoning Residency Program in Nigeria / Nigerians In Cambodia.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.