Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,704 members, 7,809,681 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:00 PM

Things You Should Have Before Boarding An International Flight - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Things You Should Have Before Boarding An International Flight (36505 Views)

Nigerian Woman Prevented From Boarding A Plane In Ghana (photo) / First International Flight Lands At Enugu Airport Amidst Jubilation / First International Flight Takes-off From Enugu 24th August (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Things You Should Have Before Boarding An International Flight by Nobody: 3:46pm On May 27, 2013
get a jacket or a mediumly thick blanket...its cold inside the air plane and a 18 hour flight will only make it colder.

bring your own food...because that crap they serve on board will not be enough that's if you are able to stomach it...

Cash
...yeah i know this is obvious but most people don't....sometimes the plane has to do an emergency landing because of bad weather....and it could take hours before another clear cloud roles through...and if you don't have cash....you gonna be hurting....

and if you can try and get a seat all they way in the back...because they always try and fill up the plane from the front to the back...so sometime the back is empty...

7 Likes

Re: Things You Should Have Before Boarding An International Flight by Nobody: 5:14pm On May 27, 2013
The airlines I've been with gives it passengers blankets, however I'll still bring a jacket just in case wink

Comfortable shoes, socks, a book or magazine, a mp3 player or an ipod tongue

Have your passport and boarding pass ready too.

6 Likes

Re: Things You Should Have Before Boarding An International Flight by Nobody: 5:20pm On May 27, 2013
those blankets are thin though and hardly covers anything...and also a pillow would come in handy..

4 Likes

Re: Things You Should Have Before Boarding An International Flight by Nobody: 5:30pm On May 27, 2013
Yeah they are very thin !

Lool a pillow will be good too, the ones that they provide are literally flat and give no comfort. undecided

Mr knowitall.:
those blankets are thin though and hardly covers anything...and also a pillow would come in handy..

2 Likes

Re: Things You Should Have Before Boarding An International Flight by Naijalastborn(m): 6:14pm On May 27, 2013
Well you cant be allowed to bring your food with you on International Flight....... shocked

5 Likes

Re: Things You Should Have Before Boarding An International Flight by Nobody: 6:27pm On May 27, 2013
Naija_lastborn: Well you cant be allowed to bring your food with you on International Flight....... shocked

you can...not Iyan and soup of course but a bag of chips, snacks, and things like that....

1 Like

Re: Things You Should Have Before Boarding An International Flight by Naijalastborn(m): 6:37pm On May 27, 2013
Mr knowitall.:

you can...not Iyan and soup of course but a bag of chips, snacks, and things like that....
Good!! i Fear before
Re: Things You Should Have Before Boarding An International Flight by Idowuogbo(f): 6:39pm On May 27, 2013
Kaikai, kolanut, cocaine sweets and weed cake.

5 Likes

Re: Things You Should Have Before Boarding An International Flight by Nobody: 6:44pm On May 27, 2013
Idowuogbo: Kaikai, kolanut, cocaine sweets and weed cake.

the Ogogoro and cocaine sweets..definitely the rest naah
Re: Things You Should Have Before Boarding An International Flight by ManTiger(m): 6:49pm On May 27, 2013
hmmmm... subscribing.
Re: Things You Should Have Before Boarding An International Flight by buklan4realyah(f): 2:55pm On May 28, 2013
noted.
Re: Things You Should Have Before Boarding An International Flight by Nobody: 10:24pm On May 28, 2013
Mr knowitall.:
get a jacket or a mediumly thick blanket...its cold inside the air plane and a 18 hour flight will only make it colder.

bring your own food...because that crap they serve on board will not be enough thats if you are able to stomach it...

Cash
...yeah i know this is obvious but most people dont....sometimes the plane has to do an emergency landing because of bad weather....and it could take hours before another clear cloud roles threw...and if you dont have cash....you gonna be hurting....

and if you can try and get a seat all they way in the back...because they always try and fill up the plane from the front to the back...so sometime the back is empty...

How about the DO NOTS of int'l air travel?
Re: Things You Should Have Before Boarding An International Flight by Nobody: 11:03pm On May 28, 2013
^^^^^^The do nots are

Illegal drugs...leave those things are home

Bags of gari, Iyan, fufu, and other things you think they wont have abroad scratch that...leave em

The juju that some people like to carry in their back pocket....leave that thing..its not gonna work where you are going.

But the best thing any Nigerian can leave behind is the Nigerian mentality....you are late on your NEPA bill so you

bribe the NEPA guy...NO NO NO NO....if you are going to the U.S.....and you bring that with you...the government will

put the screws down on you real hard.
....and you will have a hard time adjusting...because a 10 year old kid...wont

greet you how are you doing sir...he'll just tell you what's up.....and you tell him cool...and go about your merry

way....

10 Likes

Re: Things You Should Have Before Boarding An International Flight by Makapounse(m): 1:50pm On Jun 27, 2013
Please be serious ,we need a constructive contribution. we are in lecture room
Re: Things You Should Have Before Boarding An International Flight by supaeagles(m): 3:55pm On Jun 27, 2013
Bring your own Food? I always enjoy the food ( wash it down with a beverage ). Or where you expecting pounded yam + egusi soup grin

1 Like

Re: Things You Should Have Before Boarding An International Flight by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jun 27, 2013
Mr knowitall.:

But the best thing any Nigerian can leave behind is the Nigerian mentality....

LULZZZ

1 Like

Re: Things You Should Have Before Boarding An International Flight by 50calibre(m): 3:57pm On Jun 27, 2013
After almost gotten killed by Qatar airways meal, I agree with that "bring you own food part"
Re: Things You Should Have Before Boarding An International Flight by tellwisdom: 3:59pm On Jun 27, 2013
Oh! Op, So you don begin enter plane now?... The lord is good cool

6 Likes

Re: Things You Should Have Before Boarding An International Flight by Okijajuju1(m): 3:59pm On Jun 27, 2013
Mr knowitall.:

bring your own food...because that crap they serve on board will not be enough that's if you are able to stomach it...

Cash
...yeah i know this is obvious but most people don't....sometimes the plane has to do an emergency landing because of bad weather....and it could take hours before another clear cloud roles through...and if you don't have cash....you gonna be hurting....

I guess this advice is for those who fly Economy Class and Premium Economy..

Biko, what about Business Class and First Class Passengers? What should we bring?!

5 Likes

Re: Things You Should Have Before Boarding An International Flight by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jun 27, 2013
Okija_juju:

Biko, what about Business Class and First Class Passengers? What should we bring?!
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Things You Should Have Before Boarding An International Flight by Lakayanah: 4:00pm On Jun 27, 2013
Mr knowitall.:
what about mattress and bed.

4 Likes

Re: Things You Should Have Before Boarding An International Flight by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jun 27, 2013
Space booked till my flight to Cotonou. ...
Re: Things You Should Have Before Boarding An International Flight by Anabaraonyepete(m): 4:01pm On Jun 27, 2013
All of us are now describing!! angry angry
Including those that haven't visited the door of a PLANE grin
machteewwww 1st TO COMMENT JOOR!!!

1 Like

Re: Things You Should Have Before Boarding An International Flight by Yvete(f): 4:02pm On Jun 27, 2013
@ OP: You missed neck pillow for long haul flights. Can't nap without that.
Re: Things You Should Have Before Boarding An International Flight by naijacutee(f): 4:02pm On Jun 27, 2013
Okija_juju:

I-pass-my-neighbour-mentality

18 Likes

Re: Things You Should Have Before Boarding An International Flight by Nobody: 4:03pm On Jun 27, 2013
make sure you also have your àgbéè(immediate disappearance in times of fear) just in case...

4 Likes

Re: Things You Should Have Before Boarding An International Flight by rozayx5(m): 4:05pm On Jun 27, 2013

Yuzedo tongue

1 Like

Re: Things You Should Have Before Boarding An International Flight by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jun 27, 2013
Things to carry If your'e boarding dana airlines :
1.Portable Parachute
2.Two cans of Redbull *gives you wings* grin grin grin

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things You Should Have Before Boarding An International Flight by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jun 27, 2013
Mr knowitall.:

err, you can only bring in food sold at the airport after you've cleared airport security !!
I'm sure the other poster was implying food from home

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Worst Things About Living Alone In Lagos / Lagosians Groan As Massive Traffic Jams Bring The City To A Halt. / Danfo Accident Kills Heavily Pregnant Woman, Fish Seller In Lagos.Graphic Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.