Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,255 members, 7,818,875 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:03 AM

Mr Seun - Nairaland Word Censor, Yet Again - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Mr Seun - Nairaland Word Censor, Yet Again (848 Views)

Seun, Nairaland, And Its Moderators / Seun Nairaland Needs Spiritual Cleansing / How Popular Is Seun (Nairaland Creator) In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Mr Seun - Nairaland Word Censor, Yet Again by jjagz: 3:08pm On Aug 07, 2013
Seun, yes sir, though am not answering your call. All protocol duly observed. I want to say your nairaland concept and all is nice and so well done.

However, the word censoring on the site is archaic and at most times very unhelpful. It is your site and yes, you can do a you please, but when an issue is raised by so many people, at least u should put it to thought. Many have asked you to totally remove the word censoring. As much as I would prefer that, it seems that it is not happening any time soon. Therefore I bring a different suggestion, borne out of frustration, genuine one at that.

Many educational and useful topics and links cannot be put on the site. Medical articles would loose their value when the words intended as they are are befuddled. For example VesicoVaginäl Fistula would become Vesico Vaginal Fistula. This would be meaningless to someone new to nairaland. As a medical student, I have cone to view words like Vägina, Pënis, Brëast and the likes to be just normal words and parts of the body like the hand, legs e.t.c. Words considerd offensive like Bïtch, püssy e.t.c can be censored if you please.

Just so you know. This is not a sexuality section campaign, though I wonder why we should deceive ourselves at this age.

Therefore I suggest that the word censor be deactivated in some sections where they impair d original content and that links should not be tampered with.

With Love
JJagz

P.S : Mods abeg no vex, Seun take it easy. This is just a suggestion. Please move the topic to a relevant section if I opened it wrongly. Thanks
Re: Mr Seun - Nairaland Word Censor, Yet Again by Nobody: 3:45pm On Aug 07, 2013
Seconded.
Re: Mr Seun - Nairaland Word Censor, Yet Again by Nobody: 3:46pm On Aug 07, 2013
I wonder if he sees all this?

(1) (Reply)

Happy Birthday Nigeria!!! / How To Determine Front Page Topics / Danhumphrey

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.