Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,146 members, 7,818,441 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:56 PM

Police Dismiss Sgt. Omeleze Caught On Tape Negotiating Bribe - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Dismiss Sgt. Omeleze Caught On Tape Negotiating Bribe (19963 Views)

Yero, Caught On Tape Threatening Violence Against APC, El-rufai / Judge Caught On Tape Negotiating Bribe To Skew Justice / Video Of How A Bomb Killed Sgt Badang In Ungwar Sarki Kaduna (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Dismiss Sgt. Omeleze Caught On Tape Negotiating Bribe by tomzman: 2:56pm On Aug 09, 2013
Nice one. Maybe this would serve as a lesson to others.

1 Like

Re: Police Dismiss Sgt. Omeleze Caught On Tape Negotiating Bribe by Nobody: 3:17pm On Aug 09, 2013
antartica:

It is like asking the same about the president when it is obvious he is thief like the rest of the politicians.My friend forget all the facts nonsense,nigeria is ruled by prolific thieves and that is why those that can not steal are chronically suffering.The country requires bloody revolution to flush all the animals out,if not nothing will change.
I guess you ready to bring out your entire family to die with you in the bloody revolution..MUST IT BE BY BLOOD..#hiss#
Re: Police Dismiss Sgt. Omeleze Caught On Tape Negotiating Bribe by Fesisko(m): 3:54pm On Aug 09, 2013
MBG4Real:

Me sef I tire ooo... Maybe that is the cause of his frustration. A job where staff welfare is zero and no motivation whatsoever.
tire ke? his promotion was indeed faster. my uncle who is thirty years in service is an inspector of police. a friend of mine, who is spending almost 8yrs in the police, is still a bloody constable.Back to the mater : a Situation were there is no job motivation, no welfare package, no training and retraining,except the meager monthly salary will make someone who is not Godfearing to device other means of acquiring money illegally. I 'm not in anyway justifying the dubious action of Omoleze, bt corruption has eaten deep in the police.the Omolezes in the Nigeria police force will simply develop other means of extorting money from members of the public. He was/ is indeed a scape goat!

1 Like

Re: Police Dismiss Sgt. Omeleze Caught On Tape Negotiating Bribe by kingkoboko: 4:16pm On Aug 09, 2013
antartica:

So what do think will be a solution in a place like nigeria where people generally see honest and hard working people as foolish people because it is easy to get into a position of authority,steal and become bastardly overnight rich without anybody raising an eyebrow? What kind of orientational drive will change that when almost the whole country think that way?

DIS IS D SOLUTION:

Re: Police Dismiss Sgt. Omeleze Caught On Tape Negotiating Bribe by cytellProperty: 4:26pm On Aug 09, 2013
I Know this particular policeman, he and his cohorts operate at Ikeja.
They jump into people's car at the slightest opportunity, instead of correcting traffic offenders, they are only interested in extorting innocent Nigerians.
Right from their office on Obafemi Awolowo Way, Ikeja all to Lagos State secretariat, you will see them swarming around to look for people to harass and intimidate.
They can be more than 15 in number knocking on people's door asking for one document or the other.
They are duplicating the work of Federal Road Safety Corp and V.I.O.
Re: Police Dismiss Sgt. Omeleze Caught On Tape Negotiating Bribe by mensdept: 4:30pm On Aug 09, 2013
kingkoboko:

DIS IS D SOLUTION:

Interesting. I think the map is about 95% acceptable, either for a complete separation into our natural pre-British areas, or for a road to get rid of all these poor military created states meant to divide and rule for the thieves.
Re: Police Dismiss Sgt. Omeleze Caught On Tape Negotiating Bribe by bumtos(m): 4:36pm On Aug 09, 2013
Ise ya. Gbogbo won keran. I will begin to work as CID to curb this criminals policemen/policewomen.
Re: Police Dismiss Sgt. Omeleze Caught On Tape Negotiating Bribe by axondave(m): 4:38pm On Aug 09, 2013
shei the police officer will be very angry not because he was sack but because he was .nt able able 2 collect the 25000 naira 4rm the motorist.God punish devil
Re: Police Dismiss Sgt. Omeleze Caught On Tape Negotiating Bribe by Nobody: 4:59pm On Aug 09, 2013
When I said he was going to be fired on the other thread, some people were criticizing me and saying it wasn't possible.

Well, here it is. cool
Re: Police Dismiss Sgt. Omeleze Caught On Tape Negotiating Bribe by victorazy(m): 5:00pm On Aug 09, 2013
Like oga @ the top shirt, what should we write of this one.
Re: Police Dismiss Sgt. Omeleze Caught On Tape Negotiating Bribe by free2ryhme: 5:00pm On Aug 09, 2013
pDude: When I said he was going to be fired on the other thread, some people were criticizing me and saying it wasn't possible.

Well, here it is. cool

for your mind now you be prophet abi
Re: Police Dismiss Sgt. Omeleze Caught On Tape Negotiating Bribe by Nobody: 5:07pm On Aug 09, 2013
free2ryhme:

for your mind now you be prophet abi

Hehehehehe!

Nor be so o. I just knew that the news was going to be a big viral hit and that the guy, being an ordinary sergeant, wouldn't be able to survive the shitstorm cheesy
Re: Police Dismiss Sgt. Omeleze Caught On Tape Negotiating Bribe by Nacl: 5:33pm On Aug 09, 2013
Normal for NPF

Re: Police Dismiss Sgt. Omeleze Caught On Tape Negotiating Bribe by samtoye(m): 6:42pm On Aug 09, 2013
We can all emulate this, there is a car camera or dashboard camera that you can get and attach to your car. It records every happenings both outside and inside your car!!! Technology has come to our aid again in fighting corruption!

1 Like

Re: Police Dismiss Sgt. Omeleze Caught On Tape Negotiating Bribe by Nobody: 7:30pm On Aug 09, 2013
where's the tape?
Re: Police Dismiss Sgt. Omeleze Caught On Tape Negotiating Bribe by Orokita(m): 7:37pm On Aug 09, 2013
Ngwakwe: The dismissal should have being with two months community service
I second this motion...but with a one year COMPULSORY comnunity service(preferably sweeping the road) shocked
Re: Police Dismiss Sgt. Omeleze Caught On Tape Negotiating Bribe by omajali2003(m): 7:52pm On Aug 09, 2013
21 years of collecting bribe. It is only a matter of time. Your sin will find you out
Re: Police Dismiss Sgt. Omeleze Caught On Tape Negotiating Bribe by femikay149(m): 9:19pm On Aug 09, 2013
Abeg dey must dismiss oga @ d top waisu..MBA SHOULD NT WASH US DAT D CALL WAS FAKE...EVEN D POLICEMAN ACKNOWLEDGED HE ARRESTED HIM IN D COMPANY OF OTHER POLICEMEN..WE R NT FOOLS..Dey don't work alone..dis guy na just scape goat cos of d video..and his face wey show
Re: Police Dismiss Sgt. Omeleze Caught On Tape Negotiating Bribe by Koko88(m): 11:05pm On Aug 09, 2013
Was he sacked or transfered to another state? I no trust this police peeps at all
Re: Police Dismiss Sgt. Omeleze Caught On Tape Negotiating Bribe by Tinyemeka(m): 11:34pm On Aug 09, 2013
seanet02: We know where the cop is from.....
look at his name
Dude! Really do you always have to?

How old are you?
Re: Police Dismiss Sgt. Omeleze Caught On Tape Negotiating Bribe by Tinyemeka(m): 11:42pm On Aug 09, 2013
Lobeez: And the likes of Farouk are still walking as free men, justice indeed... angry

Otedola should have uploaded his own video to Youtube too. Justice would have been swifter. angry
Re: Police Dismiss Sgt. Omeleze Caught On Tape Negotiating Bribe by somegirl1: 12:41am On Aug 10, 2013
kingkoboko:

DIS IS D SOLUTION:

Is that so..
So Onitsha and Anioma aren't part of Biafra?

funny.

Re: Police Dismiss Sgt. Omeleze Caught On Tape Negotiating Bribe by Nichobabe(m): 12:42am On Aug 10, 2013
gerald09:
I agree but it takes 1 person to create change thanks to d camera dude/lady 1 down plenty more to go na small small. If u do ur own part as a Nigerian u will get dat oga too cut and dismissed don't just stay on NL to complain, take 1 down.
Thank God for technology, even camera pen dey now make the police dey collect bribe and we go dey expose them thats the only way to stop this thing. Infact not only police everyone involve in corruption. The other day i watched Farouk video collecting bribe. record and put on the net. Thats the only way since Govt no wan fight corruption
Re: Police Dismiss Sgt. Omeleze Caught On Tape Negotiating Bribe by somegirl1: 12:43am On Aug 10, 2013
seanet02: We know where the cop is from.....
look at his name

Where is he from?
Re: Police Dismiss Sgt. Omeleze Caught On Tape Negotiating Bribe by biafranqueen: 3:09am On Aug 10, 2013
some-girl:

Is that so..
So Onitsha and Anioma aren't part of Biafra?

funny.

What a joke can you imagine leaving out Onitsha anyway like I stated it just takes small measures to create great gains..Like I posted before when ur professor is asking for intimacy tape em when School admin asking for bribe tape em we are just getting started
Re: Police Dismiss Sgt. Omeleze Caught On Tape Negotiating Bribe by babsolar(m): 3:59am On Aug 10, 2013
gerald09: Dis is to all police in Nigeria, BE CAREFUL every nigerian nw is a potential internal affair agent for d Govt, we may be wearing a cameras. This shuld also to be done to other civil service organisation n govt ministries. If d govt refuse to tackle bribery n corruption den let's help disgrace dis wanted thieves. Youtube, channel tv and NL are our real friends. All u need is a camera n a victim put it on youtube don't worry d rest will take effect by its self.
angry[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Police Dismiss Sgt. Omeleze Caught On Tape Negotiating Bribe by Nobody: 8:00am On Aug 10, 2013
This is laughable. SELECTIVE JUSTICE AGAIN! He is sacked because he only DEMANDED for N25000 (160 dollars). What punishment has the house of reps member who COLLECTED 675000 dollars from Otedola got? Please I need answers from Ogas at the top. Unfortunately neither Nigerians nor the outside world can be carried away by this fluke as this is not enough to rebrand the already battered corrupt image of Nigeria until such punishment is meted out to those in national assemblies and executives. LONG LIVE NIGERIA!
Re: Police Dismiss Sgt. Omeleze Caught On Tape Negotiating Bribe by bola4dprec(m): 9:09am On Aug 10, 2013
olas24u: We will need to do more recordings now.
more recording will lead to extra-judicial killing I pity any act of covering of event of security oprative in Nigeria.
Re: Police Dismiss Sgt. Omeleze Caught On Tape Negotiating Bribe by danikik7: 9:35am On Aug 10, 2013
Let the officer who is defending this bad egg in the police force exit with this very officer.The officers beg to be sent to road blocks where they can extort money from Nigerians and get this kind of unsurprising defense from his boss who sent him there to collect money from the public.I thought they were forbidden from road blocks or are they using BOKO HARAM excuse to find their way back to the road again? Has road blocks become their live line ? I guess the IG be questioned because they must have received a package from the branches to make him relax the law.When will our foolish and shameless lawmakers in the country do just one thing RIGHT for the people to justify their highest global pay.What a shame!
Re: Police Dismiss Sgt. Omeleze Caught On Tape Negotiating Bribe by bola4dprec(m): 9:42am On Aug 10, 2013
The provisions of sections
353-368 of Part XV of the Police Act
(cap 359) and other relevant Force
Orders as well as Public Service Rules.
The purpose of having a code of
conduct is to provide all members for
the Nigeria Police Force with a set of
guiding principles and standards of
behaviour while on or off-duty. It is
intended to be used by Police officers
in determining what is right and proper
in all their actions. The code should set
an outline which every member of the
Force can easily understand. It will
enable Policemen to know what type of
conduct by a Police officer is right and
what is wrong. The code will
encompass the following:
Primary Responsibilities of a
Police Officer – A police officer acts
as an official representative of
government who is required and
trusted to work within the law. The
officer’s powers and duties are
conferred by statute. The fundamental
duties of a police officer include serving
the community, safeguarding lives and
property, protecting the innocent,
keeping the peace and ensuring the
rights of all to liberty, equality and
justice;
Performance of duties as a police
officer – a police officer shall perform
all duties impartially, without favor of
affection or ill will and without regard
to status, sex, race, religion, political
belief or aspiration. All citizens will be
treated equally with courtesy,
consideration and dignity. Officers will
never allow personal feelings,
animosities or friendships to influence
official conduct. Laws will be enforced
appropriately and courteously and in
carrying out their responsibilities,
officers will strive to obtain maximum
cooperation from the public. They will
conduct themselves both in
appearance and composure, in such a
manner as to inspire confidence and
respect for the position of public trust
they hold.
Discretion - a Police officer will use
responsibly, the discretion vested in his
position and exercise it within the law.
Use of Force – a police officer will
never employ unnecessary force or
violence and will use only such force in
discharge of duty, as is reasonable in
all circumstances. The use of force
should be used only after discussion,
negotiation and persuasion have been
found to be inappropriate or
ineffective. While the use of force is
occasionally unavoidable, every police
officer will refrain from unnecessary
infliction of pain or suffering and will
never engage in cruel, degrading or
inhuman treatment of any person.
Confidentiality – Whatever a police
officer sees, hears or learns which is of
a confidential nature, will be kept
secret unless the performance of duty
or legal provision requires otherwise.
Members of the public have a right to
security and privacy, and information
obtained about them must not be
improperly divulged
Integrity – a police officer will not
engage in acts of corruption or bribery,
nor will an officer condone such acts by
other police officers. The public
demands that the integrity of police
officers be above reproach. Police
officers must therefore, avoid any
conduct that might compromise
integrity and that undercut the
confidence reposed by the public, in
the Police. Officers will refuse to accept
any gifts, presents, subscriptions,
favours, gratuities or promises that
could be interpreted as seeking to
cause the officer to refrain from
performing official responsibilities
honestly and within the law. Police
officers must not receive private or
special advantage from their official
status. Respect from the public cannot
be bought; it can only be earned and
cultivated.
Cooperation with other Police
Officers and Agencies – Police
officers will cooperate with all legally
authorized agencies and their
representatives in the pursuit of
justice. An officer or agency may be
one among many organizations that
may provide law enforcement services
to a jurisdiction. It is imperative that a
police officer assists colleagues fully
and completely with respect and
consideration at all times;
Personal Professional Capabilities
- Police Officers will be responsible for
their own standard of professional
performance and will take every
reasonable opportunity to enhance and
improve their level or knowledge and
competence. Through study and
experience, a police officer can acquire
the high level of knowledge and
competence that is essential for the
efficient and effective performance of
duty. The acquisition of knowledge is a
never ending process of personal and
professional development that should
be pursued constantly
Re: Police Dismiss Sgt. Omeleze Caught On Tape Negotiating Bribe by danikik7: 9:57am On Aug 10, 2013
Let the officer who is defending this bad egg in the police force exit with this very officer.The officers beg to be sent to road blocks where they can extort money from Nigerians and get this kind of unsurprising defense from his boss who sent him there to collect money from the public.I thought they were forbidden from road blocks or are they using BOKO HARAM excuse to find their way back to the road again? Has road blocks become their live line ? I guess the IG be questioned because they must have received a package from the branches to make him relax the law.When will our foolish and shameless lawmakers in the country do just one thing RIGHT[color=#990000][/color] for the people to justify their highest global pay.What a shame!
Re: Police Dismiss Sgt. Omeleze Caught On Tape Negotiating Bribe by pat4love: 1:08pm On Aug 10, 2013
For the fact that we appreciate this move by IG but, I also ask when will the like of Tambowal is going to dismiss Fauruk Lawal who take a bigger bribe. what laws is he still making in the house? The hournorable house has become the dishournorable.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

“Dear VP Osinbajo, The Parked Trucks You Ordered Off The Roads Are Still There” / Nwajiuba Asks Court To Disqualify Tinubu, Atiku Over ‘vote Buying’ / Early Video And Pictures Labor Party Presidential Rally In Bauchi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.