Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,817 members, 7,820,882 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:32 AM

Can Already Released Result Be Cancelled By WAEC? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can Already Released Result Be Cancelled By WAEC? (1689 Views)

Big Brother Africa 2015 Is Cancelled? / What Does The Future Hold?....should The Wedding Be Cancelled? / Our Pastor Cancelled My Wedding Due To Premarital Affair....what Should I Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Already Released Result Be Cancelled By WAEC? by amtheone(m): 9:45am On Aug 09, 2013
Pls house a friend of mine who sat for May/June 2008 WAEC when going for collection of her certificate recently was told that her result was cancelled.

But she has a copy of Statement Of Result which she printed out immediately the result was released.

She went online to check but all she could see on the page is CANCELLED.

Pls what can be done to sort out this?

Am thinking of going to their head office here in Lagos to register a complain
Re: Can Already Released Result Be Cancelled By WAEC? by Nobody: 10:06am On Aug 09, 2013
sure it does happen but go to waec office first
Re: Can Already Released Result Be Cancelled By WAEC? by bellong: 10:13am On Aug 09, 2013
Hey, sorry to hear about your friend's ordeal. WAEC normally do that with no substantial reason.

I was once in that position. In my case, I was already in year 2 in the university. It was even the university's period checking of WAEC results that brought it to my knowledge because the school expelled me on that ground.

How did I resolve it? I took WAEC to court and won the case because WAEC had nothing against me to warrant their action.

I will suggest he does same. Going to their head office wouldn't solve problem. It will only compound it. I tried that too, met with regional and zonal coordinators. They only advised me to sit for another exam because they believe there was a good reason for my result to be cancelled about 4yrs after releasing the result.
Re: Can Already Released Result Be Cancelled By WAEC? by Nobody: 11:57am On Aug 09, 2013
Someone has probably sold the resullt to another candidate.
Re: Can Already Released Result Be Cancelled By WAEC? by amtheone(m): 12:01pm On Aug 09, 2013
bellong: Hey, sorry to hear about your friend's ordeal. WAEC normally do that with no substantial reason.

I was once in that position. In my case, I was already in year 2 in the university. It was even the university's period checking of WAEC results that brought it to my knowledge because the school expelled me on that ground.

How did I resolve it? I took WAEC to court and won the case because WAEC had nothing against me to warrant their action.

I will suggest he does same. Going to their head office wouldn't solve problem. It will only compound it. I tried that too, met with regional and zonal coordinators. They only advised me to sit for another exam because they believe there was a good reason for my result to be cancelled about 4yrs after releasing the result.

Hmmm. Will this girl be able to stand this. She is in her final year in Uni. She is already worried. I'm hoping that Waec will sort this out without much issue.

But bellong after u won did they issue u ur certificate and did it affect ur academic calender.

What do u think considering the fact that the girl is in her final year, if matter gets worst and has to go through court will it not affect her program. Will the school give her "special attention" pending when her case is resolved.

Our systems does not have human face (inhumane)

Pls throw more light. Thanks
Re: Can Already Released Result Be Cancelled By WAEC? by bellong: 12:39pm On Aug 09, 2013
amtheone:

Hmmm. Will this girl be able to stand this. She is in her final year in Uni. She is already worried. I'm hoping that Waec will sort this out without much issue.

But bellong after u won did they issue u ur certificate and did it affect ur academic calender.

What do u think considering the fact that the girl is in her final year, if matter gets worst and has to go through court will it not affect her program. Will the school give her "special attention" pending when her case is resolved.

Our systems does not have human face (inhumane)

Pls throw more light. Thanks

What I did, when I sued WAEC, I joined the University in the suit so as to place an hold on the expulsion. Your lawyer will educate you more on this. Get an injunction from court to stop the university from expelling her pending the termination of the law suit against WAEC.

Because of the lazy judge my case was assigned to at the igbosere high court, it took us about 3yrs to complete the case. WAEC issued me a certificate because I won the case against them. The big problem here is the girl being in the final year, the school will definitely allow her to finish due to the court injunction but will not release her result until the case is resolved.

I will not discourage you to go to WAEC for mutual resolution but I am not sure the outcome. That place is an "institutional evil". It will be so easy for her if someone in her center had taken WAEC to court for same reason. In that case, they will just validate the result of everybody in the center. The South-west zonal coordinator told me then if it had been a year for which someone had sued and won WAEC on same issue, they would just issue me a certificate.

After going to WAEC for amicable resolution and it doesn't bring forth any positive solution, her only chance is the law court. There may be another avenue I do not know of anyway.
Re: Can Already Released Result Be Cancelled By WAEC? by amtheone(m): 2:46pm On Aug 09, 2013
bellong:

What I did, when I sued WAEC, I joined the University in the suit so as to place an hold on the expulsion. Your lawyer will educate you more on this. Get an injunction from court to stop the university from expelling her pending the termination of the law suit against WAEC.

Because of the lazy judge my case was assigned to at the igbosere high court, it took us about 3yrs to complete the case. WAEC issued me a certificate because I won the case against them. The big problem here is the girl being in the final year, the school will definitely allow her to finish due to the court injunction but will not release her result until the case is resolved.

I will not discourage you to go to WAEC for mutual resolution but I am not sure the outcome. That place is an "institutional evil". It will be so easy for her if someone in her center had taken WAEC to court for same reason. In that case, they will just validate the result of everybody in the center. The South-west zonal coordinator told me then if it had been a year for which someone had sued and won WAEC on same issue, they would just issue me a certificate.

After going to WAEC for amicable resolution and it doesn't bring forth any positive solution, her only chance is the law court. There may be another avenue I do not know of anyway.

Thanks for your detailed explanation. It's well.
Re: Can Already Released Result Be Cancelled By WAEC? by DEGREE2466(m): 9:49am On Aug 10, 2013
My mouth is open and am just wondering as i have never reason that this type of thing will ever happen.

Rushing to waec office to collect my result immediately

(1) (Reply)

Ladies If This Man Is Your Brother Which One Will You Like Him To Marry?? / Advice Needed On Akai Products / Happy Day For Nl Women!!! Cheating Husband Had His Pen.is Biten Off

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.