Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,918 members, 7,838,272 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 06:21 PM

N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel (40572 Views)

Ekiti Guber Election:Army Panel Submits Report, Recommends Compulsory Retirement / Ministerial Screening: Fashola Indicts Himself Before The Senate / Impeachment: Panel Indicts Nyako, Absolves Deputy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by weebee(f): 2:20pm On Aug 12, 2013
dis is no issue since d man was not forced to donate the money to the church. Why should people drag bishop's name into dis. Do you think he is aware d man even attends his church. People just use any opportunity they see carelessly to drag churches and men of God into mess
Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by Nobody: 2:47pm On Aug 12, 2013
anonimi:

I thought the whole premise of worshiping these MoGs (christian, muslim, animist) is that they are God's representative on earth and as such are endowed with super human powers to see visions etc
Abi God nor talk sey im don sabi us even from when we bin dey inside our mama im womb?

Did I miss something?

If the man cannot see vision that the money being given in his church is from an ILLEGITIMATE source how can anone in his right sense believe such a person can see vision of a witch for example

OP of the highest order so far
Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by Nobody: 3:10pm On Aug 12, 2013
Hemical: So, the other day I was in this church and there was this man dancing and graciously giving his offering. The pastor even prayed that his business continues to flourish. He made a large donation for the church's new expansion project. I knew I had seen the man somewhere. I tried to recollect. It didn't come early enough but then, it struck me. He was one of the robbers who came to rob our house the other night. He's even being prayed for to have a flourishing business. They killed our gateman that night. The gateman's wife was pregnant. I went to make inquiries after service, everyone said the man is a business-man but they don't know his kind of business. It's no one's fault though. Just wish they knew more about him. There are thieves everywhere. Just wish people will ask more questions. Maybe our gateman will still be alive and his baby will still have a father. I called the police. They arrested him the next sunday, he confessed to the crime.

Glory be to God who ordered the steps of the thief into a church where he was identified and made to faced the law. So you see everything is to be left in the hands of God. The pastor prayed for the man's business to flourish, and he was arrested and convicted instead. In whose hand was the case settled? GOD. So you see God is a perfect God and is no respecter of persons nor offerings. You must always reap what you sow. God cannot be mocked.
Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by Nobody: 3:22pm On Aug 12, 2013
Ayatullah:

You are the one displaying foooolishnes and a lack of common sense if you cannot deduce the BLINDNESS of your super hero - OYEDEPO, the 'fraudster' calling himself Man of God.

You are unimaginable, ok look up these words in the dictionary and sincerely choose which one describes you perfectly 1) foolishness 2) blindness 3) fraudster.

1 Like

Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by NextIG(m): 4:41pm On Aug 12, 2013
People make comments at times based on either experience or what they've been told. Let me first correct some misgivings here. If its a Tithe the Officer paid to the church, then, it wasn't a donation as the OP asserted. Tithe is never a donation to the church but a Biblical injunction to be obeyed by Christians. In some churches, members paid their tithes directly by taking it to the pastor and at times, the pastor signing a tithe booklet/card to attest that they were tithe compliant. While in other churches you only put it inside an envelope and drop it during offering collections where nobody knows the giver. And Winners happened to fall within the second category. The Pastor of the Church don't know who drop what and how much. That's why some people here are saying the Pastor should have questioned the source of his income. Moreso, time without number, Bishop Oyedepo have been hammering on ill-gotten wealth. He said "My God is not poor for you to steal and give Him". Also, "Everyone who steal even a paper from his organisation, is not worth a child of God". These are the words of Oyedepo. I want to believe, some comments here are either based on ignorance of who really Oyedepo is, or heart filled with hatred for Oyedepo/Christianity or, half baked information on the happenings in the Winners. Nobody is saying anything about the Army officer who's is the principal actor in this case but only on the Church. Well, for more understanding on Oyedepo's stand about ill-gotten wealth, get his books (Covenant Wealth, Understanding Financial Prosperity, Breaking Financial Hardship, Exploring the Riches of Redemption). May God Bless His Church.

3 Likes

Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by 3ace(m): 5:12pm On Aug 12, 2013
nerodenero: This is so on point.
Thanks.
Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by roborstein(m): 12:20am On Aug 13, 2013
smileyu:

OP of the highest order so far
help me tell anonimi say e need Jesus
Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by roborstein(m): 12:27am On Aug 13, 2013
Next IG: People make comments at times based on either experience or what they've been told. Let me first correct some misgivings here. If its a Tithe the Officer paid to the church, then, it wasn't a donation as the OP asserted. Tithe is never a donation to the church but a Biblical injunction to be obeyed by Christians. In some churches, members paid their tithes directly by taking it to the pastor and at times, the pastor signing a tithe booklet/card to attest that they were tithe compliant. While in other churches you only put it inside an envelope and drop it during offering collections where nobody knows the giver. And Winners happened to fall within the second category. The Pastor of the Church don't know who drop what and how much. That's why some people here are saying the Pastor should have questioned the source of his income. Moreso, time without number, Bishop Oyedepo have been hammering on ill-gotten wealth. He said "My God is not poor for you to steal and give Him". Also, "Everyone who steal even a paper from his organisation, is not worth a child of God". These are the words of Oyedepo. I want to believe, some comments here are either based on ignorance of who really Oyedepo is, or heart filled with hatred for Oyedepo/Christianity or, half baked information on the happenings in the Winners. Nobody is saying anything about the Army officer who's is the principal actor in this case but only on the Church. Well, for more understanding on Oyedepo's stand about ill-gotten wealth, get his books (Covenant Wealth, Understanding Financial Prosperity, Breaking Financial Hardship, Exploring the Riches of Redemption). May God Bless His Church.
the problem wit some people is dat dey cannot seem to understand why a christian should be wealthy beyond measures..it pains dem cos dey wake up all night and devise evil means to be rich and end up working for someone dat folds his hand..wen oyedepo dey hide for forest pray in the early 70's 2 get God's divine plan,some of dem were not born..deir little brain cannot fanthom God's divine wealth..

1 Like

Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by remzytimer: 1:21am On Aug 13, 2013
Hear this before it's late "GOD LOVES DOING BUSINESS AND SERVING GOD IS THE GREATEST BUSINESS!
Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by Fajzay: 2:50pm On Aug 13, 2013
3ace: I just smile each time people say pastors should scrutinise the donations of church members. How many of you will not take offence if you're being interrogated about the money you made legitimately? How many of you will maintain the initial friendly mood with which you came before being asked the question? Some things are easier said than done. Except the person is your child, it will be difficult to look the person in the eye and say "where did you get the money from?". Even if a pastor summons the courage to ask, what is the guarantee that a thief will tell you he stole it? I see no sense in pastors being indicted except it's been confirmed that such pastors connived to perfect the illegal act. The highest they can do if the pastor is not guilty is to ask for a refund. Simple!

Even that refund should not be a guarantee if there is no solid evidence (like issued cheque / traceable bank transfer) that such money was brought to church. What if the thief had squandered the money and claimed he brought some to church (maybe he never brought it after-all).
Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by Fajzay: 2:51pm On Aug 13, 2013
ojubi: That is covenant wealth according to OYEDEPO.
Imagine the kind of praise this thief would receive the day he paid this money in church.
The fake pastor would have invoked all the fake blessings on earth to the army thief in the name of giving to God as if God needs money.

Go and open ur own and lets see how far u can go
Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by Fajzay: 3:23pm On Aug 13, 2013
naijababe:

Exactly! When a salary earner donates 11M and no one thought where he got it from?

I know God is merciful but He is also just and firm!!!

What are u guyz saying? You have a crowd in its tens of thousands. How do u know who brought what for offering / whatever
Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by success9(m): 11:57pm On Aug 13, 2013
Fajzay:

What are u guyz saying? You have a crowd in its tens of thousands. How do u know who brought what for offering / whatever

Bros i beg leav dis ppl...i av told them to visit living faith church nearestt to them to buy their own chairs...it will only cost their presence
Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by Sacrifice91(m): 9:31am On Aug 26, 2013
bokohalal:

FUNDRAISER,not man-of-God.

fund raiser as how? Was the general forced to pay the money.
Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by Sacrifice91(m): 12:17pm On Nov 04, 2013
bokohalal:

FUNDRAISER,not man-of-God.
Any proof?
Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by zheroes(m): 9:55am On Nov 08, 2014
GlorifiedTunde:
Many of u are ignorant and simply ranting like disgruntled psychopaths. Wot is 11 million naira to Winners Chapel Ota? Chicken change generated by 1 single branch in common Ibadan in 1 single service. U come open your disgusting mouth against man of God who may not even know this general attends church.

O ma se o. Many of u here will soon start using hypertension drugs on anoda church issue. Mtcheeeew! Mi o raye!

obviously this is what makes up the money that buys and funds the private jets. when so called men of God begin to make planet earth their heaven obviously they wont have space in heaven itself. Go and read your scriptures and stop being a blind follower.

people could easily approach jesus but i can bet it might take you a year to see your G/O.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Godswill Akpabio Wears Chieftaincy Turban / Ajimobi's Daughter, Ajibola's Traditional Wedding Pics Held Yesterday / Biafra: Why I’m Flouting Bail Conditions – Nnamdi Kanu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.