Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,021 members, 7,852,506 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 07:23 PM

N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel (40593 Views)

Ekiti Guber Election:Army Panel Submits Report, Recommends Compulsory Retirement / Ministerial Screening: Fashola Indicts Himself Before The Senate / Impeachment: Panel Indicts Nyako, Absolves Deputy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by Ayoobscom(m): 9:44pm On Aug 10, 2013
I don't blame the church,how will they know it was a stolen amount? ..

Although with luxuries pastors use money for these days,I wander Y people keep giving them more..

Why not feed your starving neighbor with it
A pastor that already have prado and private jet,you are still giving him range rover jeep,nawa o..why not give the jeep to your gateman who does not have bicycle..

Just thinking aloud

5 Likes

Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by duruh: 9:44pm On Aug 10, 2013
may God give us the spirit of discernment to knw who is paying what in the Church of God.
I don talk my own finish.
Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by collynzo2(m): 9:44pm On Aug 10, 2013
The article said he 'donated' meaning he must have made a speech at the altar before dropping the cheque with the members of the church clapping and hailing him before the thieving pastor prayed for him. It's not like he quietly dropped 11 million in one tithe box like that.

3 Likes

Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by Nobody: 9:45pm On Aug 10, 2013
Abeg where is Buzu? He needs to come spice up this thread jo
Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by Dereformer(m): 9:46pm On Aug 10, 2013
abdulaz: Givers never lack, takers always ask.

Men, I love this.
Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by kkkp: 9:48pm On Aug 10, 2013
grin
grin
grin
grin
Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by sweetBummsy(f): 9:48pm On Aug 10, 2013
Stella_Bella: Who builds universities half of their members cannot afford.?
Who collect offerings, tithes, church building offering etc . in every service?
Who flies private jets and live in fanciful homes?

The answer is CHURCH PASTORS.

What happened to building FREE schools/ hospitlals for members
What happened to opening 24 hour FREE food Bank for members
What happened to opening FREE shelters for homeless members.
What happened to creating/ finding jobs for unemployed members

Why must they TAKE, TAKE, TAKE and TAKE without GIVING BACK.

Until all these greedy pastors start living right and speaking the truth, our leaders will never learn.
its so unfortunate. May God save us 4rm all dz wolfs in sheep clothn

1 Like

Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by Godsate: 9:49pm On Aug 10, 2013
collynzo2: It clearly shows that they get their wealth from stolen money

To people like you 11 Million is a big money. You don't really understand my post. Try and read again. I don't know which religion you belong. even if you are an idol worshiper can you proof that all the money that are brought before the priest are clean ?

Oyedepo may not even be in the country when the man donate the money. what is forwarded to the man of God is the financial report which may not even be in hard copy but in e-form.

Like I said, before you open your month and start talking to man of God, please think as you are not a maker of one. Learn a lesson from Job's friends in the bible. God bless you.
Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by thehomer: 9:49pm On Aug 10, 2013
Godsate: Please, be careful of what you say to the man of God as you are not a maker of one.

How do you know he is a man of God? Is it by the size of his church? Or did God tell you something about him?

Godsate:
11 Million is a small money to a big church like winners and I'm sure that Bishop Oyedepo may not even know the thief. It's the financial report that get to the man of God not who drop 50 naira or 10 naira but periodic financial report.

Why isn't this financial report opened up to the church members so they can be sure that the church isn't participating in money laundry or just aiding and abetting criminals?

Godsate:
The Army thief just waste the money as it has no reward from God.

Before you comment please think.

If the Army officer is a thief, what does that make the church which received stolen funds? Banks whose business is dealing with money would ask questions but the church won't ask any questions. Why?

4 Likes

Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by jameschuks: 9:49pm On Aug 10, 2013
we should be careful about what we say
Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by GreatJosh147(m): 9:50pm On Aug 10, 2013
Fela don sing am, Pastors house na hin dey fine pass. God dey ooo
Stella_Bella: Who builds universities half of their members cannot afford.?
Who collect offerings, tithes, church building offering etc . in every service?
Who flies private jets and live in fanciful homes?

The answer is CHURCH PASTORS.

What happened to building FREE schools/ hospitlals for members
What happened to opening 24 hour FREE food Bank for members
What happened to opening FREE shelters for homeless members.
What happened to creating/ finding jobs for unemployed members

Why must they TAKE, TAKE, TAKE and TAKE without GIVING BACK.

Until all these greedy pastors start living right and speaking the truth, our leaders will never learn.

1 Like

Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by nijanigga: 9:51pm On Aug 10, 2013
What goes up must come down.Nigerians must brace up to the fact that, very soon oil money will stop flowing.

1 Like

Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by Donpepper: 9:54pm On Aug 10, 2013
"Obtain from the right source"?? How much is a colonel's monthly/annual take home pay that can rightly afford him to pay 11m naira tithe?
Just passing by ni oo!
Standing5:
I am not here to defend or oppose anyone but how is Oyedepo and those at winners chapel suppose to know that the payer of tithe did not obtain his money the right way. Some people shouting murder here will gladly market their products to anyone with money without questioning the source.

1 Like

Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by thehomer: 9:54pm On Aug 10, 2013
jameschuks: we should be careful about what we say

Sure be careful and say nothing. That is why those pastors keep robbing you people blind.

5 Likes

Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by Abmarshalo(m): 9:55pm On Aug 10, 2013
The Army general just paid his tithe in winners. It could have been traced to any other church with account in another bank. So we should stop all these rubbish talk.

Maxymilliano:
Says Church gets N11m in two instalments

Popular pentecostal church with headquarters in Ota, Living Faith Church has been named as one of the beneficiaries of the N150 million over which Colonel Robert  Ahangba (N/9827) was convicted on Tuesday by an Army Court Martial for allegedly defrauding the government of Bayelsa State.

The Army officer was alleged to have used the name of the late National Security Adviser, General Andrew Owoye Azazi to swing the deal during the administration of former governor of Bayelsa, Timipre Sylva.

Speaking while delivering judgement on a four count charge prefered against the Colonel, President of the court martial, Brig.Gen. Edward Nze said that the officer donated N11 million to the church in two instalments of N9 million and N2 million.

Other beneficiaries of the Colonel’s largesse were two messengers in the Bayelsa State Government House who were allegedly given N500,000 each, an Army officer who he gave N5 million for welfare and an unknown lady who met him in a bank where he allegedly directed that she should be given N8 million.

Giving more insight on how the money was disbursed, General Edward Nze said
“The sum of N25,000,000 was traced to Account number: 0000775163 in Union Bank. The sum of N30,790,000 was traced to Account Number: 0000730707 in Union Bank and N29,500,000 traced to Account number 0001800406 also in Union Bank. In First Bank, the sum of N48,055,654 was traced to Account Number 2011252278 and in First Bank Registrars the sum of N13.5 million was also traced”.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/cover/n150m-loot-army-panel-indicts-winners-chapel/
Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by Nobody: 9:56pm On Aug 10, 2013
To all the oyedepos critics, honestly speaking if u were in oyedepos shoes, wat would u ve done?
Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by Standing5(m): 9:56pm On Aug 10, 2013
rbjimoh: [color=#006600][/color]. I'm not a christian, so pls pardon my incursion. But if not crimal connivance, where else do you espect a colonel in the army to have gotten a hundred million naira from which he paid 10m as tithe other than rubbery? You well know that even a general in the army may never have earn 100m throughout his service.
Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by bokohalal(m): 9:56pm On Aug 10, 2013
Standing5:
The truth is 11 million is no big deal in winners, Otta. Even if the church were to ask for the source of the money i am sure he will come up with a 'Testimony' of "what God did".

Anybody that dropped a cheque of five million naira must be known by the God-of-some-men personally.
Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by Nobody: 9:57pm On Aug 10, 2013
thehomer:

Sure be careful and say nothing. That is why those pastors keep robbing you people blind.

The people of Mumu kingdom are too timid to ask tough questions na. Going by biblical accounts sef, the children of Israel who are supposed to be God's favourites questioned their prophets all the time.

2 Likes

Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by ezeuba(m): 9:58pm On Aug 10, 2013
ITbomb: There is nowhere we are going to question everybody that gives us money unless it is obviously questionable
A simple "From which source" would've sufficed. Now look at how you're defending, when you've not been called as defence counsel. And what's with the "there's nowhere (sic) WE are going to question everybody that gives US money"... statement. So you partook of the largesse. Prepare for Army investigators knocking on your door soon.

2 Likes

Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by Standing5(m): 9:58pm On Aug 10, 2013
rbjimoh: [color=#006600][/color]. I'm not a christian, so pls pardon my incursion. But if not crimal connivance, where else do you espect a colonel in the army to have gotten a hundred million naira from which he paid 10m as tithe other than rubbery? You well know that even a general in the army may never have earn 100m throughout his service.
You would av made a valid point if Winners Ota was one of the below-1000-members-a-week churches, go ask very well, there are well acomplished people(Doctors, rtd army Generals and more like that) who clean toilets and sweep.
Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by blackbeau1(f): 10:00pm On Aug 10, 2013
Why don't I ever get to meet this kind of people in the bank? * starts crying*

3 Likes

Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by justhelp(m): 10:02pm On Aug 10, 2013
collynzo2: Why Igbo names? The court clearly indicted David Oyedepo the Yoruba thief pastor.
You know are fool from a useless and bastard generation for calling Bishop Oyedepo a thief,what did he steal from you and your poor generation, or if the same man go to your father's shop and buy market of #2.5m and give your useless father #3m and ask him to keep the change would you call your father a theif ? Is not your fault your people lack moral values and common norms.
Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by Reachyrich(f): 10:02pm On Aug 10, 2013
E bami kigbe ole o. Ole o!!Ole o!! Ole oE bami kigbe ole o. Ole o!!Ole o!! Ole oE bami kigbe ole o. Ole o!!Ole o!! Ole o

3 Likes

Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by Sacrifice91(m): 10:03pm On Aug 10, 2013
It is morally wrong for you to open your mouth to insult a man of God nor judge them. Afterall, this man (Bishop Oyedepo) is being blessed from above. Was he forced to pay the money? Youhad better keep your mouth shut so that you won't experience the wrath of God. Mtcheeew! Think outside the box before posting. "Test all things and hold fast to that which is true."
Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by Nobody: 10:05pm On Aug 10, 2013
How I wish I was that unknown woman in the bank who he directed the bank officials to give 8million.
Oh. How luck smiles on some people.
That would have been a blessed day for me.

1 Like

Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by mu2sa2: 10:05pm On Aug 10, 2013
Provie: D bible said we shud honor d Lord wit our substance, & our suficiency from RIGHTEOUS labour. Until our churches bgin 2 raise serios questions about d source of d so called tithes, offerings & donations being pumped 2 dem, our society wont get beta.
Not a single church will survive going by your prescription. Not when the hidden motive for starting a church is for a family to live on the sweat of a brainwashed rabble. This is not the first time this is happening - Pastor oyakhilome also collected 7m naira from an accountant who had stolen it from his employers. And this is happening in all these ubiquitous "houses of god". Na wah for Christianity!

1 Like

Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by mu2sa2: 10:05pm On Aug 10, 2013
Provie: D bible said we shud honor d Lord wit our substance, & our suficiency from RIGHTEOUS labour. Until our churches bgin 2 raise serios questions about d source of d so called tithes, offerings & donations being pumped 2 dem, our society wont get beta.
Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by Nobody: 10:05pm On Aug 10, 2013
Glorified_Tunde:

Mr Oga, did u see that in my post? All I'm just saying is that people should stop making small moni issues like this reasons to attack a ministry or men of God.

I'm sorry to say this argument isn't logical enough. A church of over a million ppl in attendance, with hundreds of thousands of people who drop offerings as heavy as that... And u proof read every detail? BTW should the church report him or return his cheque without assurance if its stolen?

FYI, d guy didn't know he was reporting himself to God. Men of God tell u not to bring stolen money to church cos it fast tracks your judgment!

Did you just say hundreds of thousands of people drop offering as heavy as that every Sunday? You must live in another planet. There is no country on this earth that has a church where hundreds of thousands of people drop 11 million naira. Do you know how much that is? Even if the church has a membership of over 1 million, all of them do not attend one service in one place.
This can be easily done. Any cheque over 5 million naira should not be cashed unless you verify the source. And you must have genuine explanation from the giver on how he made the money.

3 Likes

Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by bokohalal(m): 10:06pm On Aug 10, 2013
Sacrifice91: It is morally wrong for you to open your mouth to insult a man of God nor judge them. Afterall, this man is being blessed from above. Was he forced to pay the money? Youhad better keep your mouth shut so that you won't experience the wrath of God. Mtcheeew! Think outside the box before posting. "Test all things and hold fast to that which is true."

FUNDRAISER,not man-of-God.

1 Like

Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by Nobody: 10:07pm On Aug 10, 2013
black_beau: Why don't I ever get to meet this kind of people in the bank? * starts crying*
sister hand me the box of tissues.
I'm crying with you cry

3 Likes

Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by Pataki: 10:08pm On Aug 10, 2013
They are all thieves!

Oyedepo and the rest. Was that not how the President was there when Oritsejafor (a former armed robber) was been blessed with a private jet?

Mumu people will still troop to the churches of these thieves and be lifting up holy hands.

Jesu ku suuru oh!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Governor Ambode's Achievements In Pictures [photos] / APC Campaign Rally In Sokoto (Photos) / Akerodolu Vs Jegede: Who Performed Better In The Ondo Governorship Debate? (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.