Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,002 members, 7,821,515 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:11 PM

Oduah - Aviation Ministry Is Not Afraid Of Probe - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oduah - Aviation Ministry Is Not Afraid Of Probe (3279 Views)

Union Faults Aviation Ministry Merger / President Buhari Meets Aviation Ministry At State House Today / Aviation Ministry Confirms N255m Vehicles Purchase For Oduah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oduah - Aviation Ministry Is Not Afraid Of Probe by homesteady(m): 1:59am On Aug 12, 2013
The Minister of Aviation, Princess Stella Oduah, has declared the readiness of her ministry to face any probe over recently awarded contracts and completed projects.

This was disclosed, weekend, by the minister’s Special Adviser on Media, Mr. Joe Obi, while speaking to Vanguard.

Obi said: “The ministry is not afraid of any probe because it has nothing to hide. All the contracts in the aviation sector were awarded and executed very transparently. “

He was responding to a recent call by the Airline Operators of Nigeria, AON, urging the Senate to probe the ministry.

According to him, “We know we are answerable to the National Assembly which also includes the Senate. If they invite us to explain how contracts in the sector were awarded or executed, we would gladly do so. But of course, the important thing to know is that we are not afraid of any probe. We have no skeletons in our cupboard.”

Obi also dismissed fears that the nation might lose its US Federal Aviation Administration’s, FAA, category one certification, arguing that this was not possible because the nation had sustained and even exceeded the minimum requirements laid down for attainment of that status.

Responding to another question on the review of the nation’s aviation policy as it pertained to the Aviation Act of 2006, he said: “As good as the 2006 Aviation Act is, it is inadequate to cope with modern developments in the sector where technology changes by the minute. A lot of developments have taken place since that Act was enacted in 2006.

“We cannot be seen to be oblivious of the current trends. So, we have to make our laws to address some of the emerging challenges in the sector. This is the whole essence of the civil aviation policy that has just been reviewed.

”Policies are not made to suit the preferences and idiosyncrasies of individuals and groups. They are made to serve the interest of the sector and the nation. Those who are complaining about the new aviation policy are just crying wolf where there is none.

“They are hiding behind the little finger to protect their own individual and group interests to the detriment of the sector and the nation. The civil aviation policy is a product of rigorous consultation and work which was put together by experts. They cannot dismiss what was done by experts after a lot of consultations.”

On the call for the scrapping of the ministry, he said the Federal Government would not be blackmailed into doing what was not right, adding that government knew what it was doing.

He said it was not in the place of Airline Operators of Nigeria, AON, to call for scrapping of the Aviation Ministry or any other ministry for that matter.

According to him, government is fully in charge.

It would be recalled that the House of Representatives had two weeks ago declared its intention to probe the ministry over some recently awarded contracts and projects.

Chairman, House Committee on Anti-corruption, National Ethics and Values, Abiodun Faleke (ACN/Lagos), had told journalists that the contracts came under scrutiny, following petitions which alleged that the Ministry, in collaboration with the Bureau of Public Procurement, BPP, abused the rule of selective tendering and awarded several contracts without subjecting them to competitive bidding.

The lawmaker further alleged that the ministry awarded one of the contracts worth N12.8 billion without advertising it.

Source - www.vanguardngr.com/2013/08/aviation-ministry-not-afraid-of-probe-oduah/
Re: Oduah - Aviation Ministry Is Not Afraid Of Probe by raytony: 2:11am On Aug 12, 2013
Who wan probe you? Na Humanbeing or computer? No be Nigeria we dey? All you need do na to find small change put for the person hand. Even fuel subsidy matter wey serious, Farouk go collect him share let alone your ministry.
Re: Oduah - Aviation Ministry Is Not Afraid Of Probe by Kanwulia: 4:53am On Aug 12, 2013
Be kiafoo o!
You know that e-badu belle and e-jolosi full for Nigeria!

NO BARRY WANNO SEE YOU RIZZZZZZZZZIN'!!! kiss'
Especially as a female!
Re: Oduah - Aviation Ministry Is Not Afraid Of Probe by naijaking1: 5:38am On Aug 12, 2013
Who wants to harass the princess for doing such a wonderful job at aviations, renovating old airports and upgrading Enugu to International. Na bad belle people, lazy political opportunists.

4 Likes

Re: Oduah - Aviation Ministry Is Not Afraid Of Probe by prologue: 5:47am On Aug 12, 2013
No problem. The "prober" and the "probee" are on d same page. Airport facelift has been equated with grand transformation of the aviation sector. Ehem... That subsidy matter when em call her name nko? No chest-beating, just mute.

1 Like

Re: Oduah - Aviation Ministry Is Not Afraid Of Probe by Nobody: 1:35pm On Aug 12, 2013
Depends on who is doing the probing sweetie. those doing the probe will obviously be rewarded handsomely for " co-operating". grin
Re: Oduah - Aviation Ministry Is Not Afraid Of Probe by 80million1: 1:38pm On Aug 12, 2013
Ok, me to, i'm NOT AFRAID of making Top 6!
Re: Oduah - Aviation Ministry Is Not Afraid Of Probe by Nobody: 1:38pm On Aug 12, 2013
grin
Re: Oduah - Aviation Ministry Is Not Afraid Of Probe by alphaconde(m): 1:39pm On Aug 12, 2013
U can say that again.

1 Like

Re: Oduah - Aviation Ministry Is Not Afraid Of Probe by musiwa1b: 1:41pm On Aug 12, 2013
how much did she claim she build them.. i hope is not millions of dollars

corruption is so high in nigeria, tell us the price
Re: Oduah - Aviation Ministry Is Not Afraid Of Probe by 80million1: 1:46pm On Aug 12, 2013
#80million:
Ok, me to, i'm NOT AFRAID of making Top 6!
Sure, you're in.
Cheers Papi!
Re: Oduah - Aviation Ministry Is Not Afraid Of Probe by wonderboyjay: 1:47pm On Aug 12, 2013
Streets got talent audition coming up please like this page and support https://www.facebook.com/streetgottalents#
Re: Oduah - Aviation Ministry Is Not Afraid Of Probe by Nobody: 2:00pm On Aug 12, 2013
musiwa1b: how much did she claim she build them.. i hope is not millions of dollars

And what do you want to do with the price?...what matters is that she has done well.
Re: Oduah - Aviation Ministry Is Not Afraid Of Probe by skimarvel: 2:00pm On Aug 12, 2013
Make una leave diz woman alone..shez 1 of our best performing ministers..i luv u

1 Like

Re: Oduah - Aviation Ministry Is Not Afraid Of Probe by redsun(m): 2:07pm On Aug 12, 2013
i hope they will burst the lousy kayode's bum this time.Nigerian institutions and parastatals are all enshrine secret cult of corruption.Nobody dares probe the other because probing the other means probing oneself.
Re: Oduah - Aviation Ministry Is Not Afraid Of Probe by executinal(m): 2:15pm On Aug 12, 2013
Them dey craze before?? If other ministry were performing like yours, by now we could have been there. Ride on we are fully behind you.

1 Like

Re: Oduah - Aviation Ministry Is Not Afraid Of Probe by executinal(m): 2:18pm On Aug 12, 2013
musiwa1b: how much did she claim she build them.. i hope is not millions of dollars

No is millions of GARRI.

Is like you take the raw one today grin grin grin grin

Better stile check your satellite picture for the price cheesy
Re: Oduah - Aviation Ministry Is Not Afraid Of Probe by musiwa1b: 2:19pm On Aug 12, 2013
my God help us. if the story is true
Re: Oduah - Aviation Ministry Is Not Afraid Of Probe by rozayx5(m): 2:19pm On Aug 12, 2013
One of the best Ministries in Nigeria, followed by Works ( federal roads wise)
Re: Oduah - Aviation Ministry Is Not Afraid Of Probe by executinal(m): 2:21pm On Aug 12, 2013
musiwa1b: i read they claim 20 billion..
my God help us. if the story is true

your source,

What is this guy smoking?? if you don't mind i will like to have some too grin grin

Oooh from Musiwa1-100 to now Musiwa1b i don die grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Oduah - Aviation Ministry Is Not Afraid Of Probe by FOLYKAZE(m): 3:34pm On Aug 12, 2013
WTF is this? Make we go protest against your probe? If this minister got work to do, he should face it. Stop wasting time beating your chest
Re: Oduah - Aviation Ministry Is Not Afraid Of Probe by ketoprofen(m): 8:31pm On Aug 12, 2013
Fani Kayode should be feeling like a failure now, dats if he has conscience. Otherwise, he remains a failure.

It was easy for him to talk rubbish about igbos in Lagos, but as a former minister, he watched planes crash 247 under his nose. No renovation/ upgrade of airports, no nothing. *Smh*
Re: Oduah - Aviation Ministry Is Not Afraid Of Probe by Mikeuc: 11:04pm On Aug 12, 2013
Afta u don hide d moni finish na him u dey brag 4 like dis? grin

(1) (Reply)

Boko Haram Fighters Surrender With Weapons In Konduga [photos] / I Will Commit Suicide If GEJ Wins The Election / Kogi Polls : Reports Reaching Me Are Troubling – Wada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.