Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,563 members, 7,820,035 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:49 AM

Skylines Of Africa's Capital Cities (pictures) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Skylines Of Africa's Capital Cities (pictures) (56951 Views)

10 World’s Oldest Cities (pictures) / 10 Most Popular Non-capital Cities In Nigeria / 10 Most Popular Non-capital Cities/towns In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Skylines Of Africa's Capital Cities (pictures) by Nobody: 4:19pm On Aug 12, 2013
Youngzedd: Poor Ghana.
_

Like seriously, Ghana fell my hand.
Re: Skylines Of Africa's Capital Cities (pictures) by solomon111(m): 4:20pm On Aug 12, 2013
OP,that your hypothesis is faulty.
The beauty of a skyline does not necessarily determine the wealth or well-being of a nation.
Especially,in africa where there's gross misplacement of priorities.
Many poor African countries spend huge amount of money on fanciful buildings to cater for the few wealthy people while the bulk of the masses suffer.

2 Likes

Re: Skylines Of Africa's Capital Cities (pictures) by Gbaragbara: 4:23pm On Aug 12, 2013
SimonAndal:
_

Like seriously, Ghana fell my hand.
well, in Ghana that "fell your hand" the citizens live longer (64 years compared with 52 years in your miserable country), unemployement is far lower than in your sh1thole, the citizen sleep with their two eyes closed and no ritualists or robbers, kidnappers hunting them like animals. and people eat 3 square meals a day. heard these days people are b being kidnapped for gala and coke in your 'paradise' grin

1 Like

Re: Skylines Of Africa's Capital Cities (pictures) by solomon111(m): 4:25pm On Aug 12, 2013
Gbaragbara: I wonder what a country like nigeria that suffers from chronic power outages will be doing with tall buildings anyway. holy sh1t! I have my own experience to talk about walahi
Most african countries have power problems yet boast of fanciful buildings.
Lol.

1 Like

Re: Skylines Of Africa's Capital Cities (pictures) by phil5(m): 4:27pm On Aug 12, 2013
Why is dat Ghanian angry ,is it Nigeria that caused ur countrys backwardness, leave corruption aside 4 which by nw Nigeria should have been comparering her self wit europian countries, 4 life Ghana can never eat on the same dinning whit 9ja ,so beta go fix ur accra
Re: Skylines Of Africa's Capital Cities (pictures) by collynzo2(m): 4:28pm On Aug 12, 2013
Gbaragbara: genocidal gays! fuckeduppedness jobsless goats! even a f00l knows there are other parameters that go into identifying the beauty of a city, not these nigerian fagg0ts who believe all there is to life is some tall buildings and crap. fuelish eediots! no wonder you are fvcked! truly fvcked grin
Gayna tops gay list in Africa.
www.nairaland.com/1394416/ghana-tops-gay-list-africa#17385558
Re: Skylines Of Africa's Capital Cities (pictures) by collynzo2(m): 4:30pm On Aug 12, 2013
solomon111: Most african countries have power problems yet boast of fanciful buildings.
Lol.
Don't mind them, Gaynaians always have their ecxuses. They only top in homosexuality.
Re: Skylines Of Africa's Capital Cities (pictures) by 360command: 4:30pm On Aug 12, 2013
Syenite: That's all Folks! Africa is truly a beautiful continent.
You must be high , you just showed one city of the african countries and you generalize to say Africa is beautiful. Aside from South Africa and a few other countries which is not beautiful if compared to asia , what is beautiful about africa.

1 Like

Re: Skylines Of Africa's Capital Cities (pictures) by 360command: 4:30pm On Aug 12, 2013
You must be high , you just showed one sided city of the african countries and you generalize to say Africa is beautiful. Aside from South Africa and a few other countries which is not beautiful if compared to asia , what is beautiful about africa.
Re: Skylines Of Africa's Capital Cities (pictures) by seaman007: 4:31pm On Aug 12, 2013
Sentiment aside,accra make sence stop judging by pics alone.make a plan trip to accra and see for sef.its not about tall building as my fellow nigerian think.
Give it to them am enjoying my stay here in ghana and don't feel like comin back.

4 Likes

Re: Skylines Of Africa's Capital Cities (pictures) by Nobody: 4:31pm On Aug 12, 2013
Gbaragbara: village ke. your entire country sef na village. infact the whole nigeria is one big slum, modafaka!
hey! take it easy, nt insult dat guy instead of insultin nigeria. u go schl at all??
Re: Skylines Of Africa's Capital Cities (pictures) by Gbaragbara: 4:32pm On Aug 12, 2013
solomon111: Most african countries have power problems yet boast of fanciful buildings.
Lol.
yeah,look my brother if I tell you my experience in Abuja you won't believe it. what is the point of having tall buildings when there is not regular power to power the lifts? I once had a lease on the 7th floor of labour house in abuja some years ago when I lived in Abuja. the owners had assured me they will provide regular power for the lifts and failed to honour their pledge. some days I felt too lazy to climb up I simply worked from home. I recall the former DG of radio nigeria who had an office on the 10th floor. eddie iroh or something. I felt sorry for him seeinng him try to climb up to the 10th floor. and some eeediot wants to tell me its all about fanciful building. and trust me Accra is changing very rapidly. let any one come to Airport City and you'll be amazed!

1 Like

Re: Skylines Of Africa's Capital Cities (pictures) by phil5(m): 4:32pm On Aug 12, 2013
Those pics are old pics ,that's wat I have been seing on google , why not take personal snap shots , some of thoes pics are hd computer edited while some are as far back as 2005 or u wanna tell me dat the cities are not changing wit time .

2 Likes

Re: Skylines Of Africa's Capital Cities (pictures) by 360command: 4:32pm On Aug 12, 2013
You must be high , you just showed one sided skyline city of the african countries and you generalize to say Africa is beautiful. Aside from South Africa and a few other countries which is not beautiful if compared to asia , what is beautiful about africa.
Re: Skylines Of Africa's Capital Cities (pictures) by Gbaragbara: 4:33pm On Aug 12, 2013
smartkid00: hey! take it easy, nt insult dat guy instead of insultin nigeria. u go schl at all??
sharaaaaaap eediot. I will insult whoever,huh? don't bring yourself ooooh na your papa no go school, eediot
Re: Skylines Of Africa's Capital Cities (pictures) by solomon111(m): 4:34pm On Aug 12, 2013
African should be ashamed of threads like this.
Those pictures are just a depiction of the paradox called the "african continent".
Re: Skylines Of Africa's Capital Cities (pictures) by collynzo2(m): 4:35pm On Aug 12, 2013
Gbaragbara: yeah,look my brother if I tell you my experience in Abuja you won't believe it. what is the point of having tall buildings when there is not regular power to power the lifts? I once had a lease on the 7th floor of labour house in abuja some years ago when I lived in Abuja. the owners had assured me they will provide regular power for the lifts and failed to honour their pledge. some days I felt too lazy to climb up I simply worked from home. I recall the former DG of radio nigeria who had an office on the 10th floor. eddie iroh or something. I felt sorry for him seeinng him try to climb up to the 10th floor. and some eeediot wants to tell me its all about fanciful building. and trust me Accra is changing very rapidly. let any one come to Airport City and you'll be amazed!
story story, story! Petrodollar with another username. Tomorrow you'll come up with another cöck and bull story about Lagos.
Re: Skylines Of Africa's Capital Cities (pictures) by collynzo2(m): 4:36pm On Aug 12, 2013
collynzo2: Gayna tops gay list in Africa.
Re: Skylines Of Africa's Capital Cities (pictures) by roxell120(m): 4:37pm On Aug 12, 2013
there are a million umbrella in guinea bisau.south sudan nd ruwanda may the peace of the lord be with u.their stories are clearly shown.
Re: Skylines Of Africa's Capital Cities (pictures) by emmabest2000(m): 4:37pm On Aug 12, 2013
9jar is not bad as u people thinks grin
Re: Skylines Of Africa's Capital Cities (pictures) by Gbaragbara: 4:38pm On Aug 12, 2013
phil5: Those pics are old pics ,that's wat I have been seing on google , why not take personal snap shots , some of thoes pics are hd computer edited while some are as far back as 2005 or u wanna tell me dat the cities are not changing wit time .
don't mind the eediots! jobless people. they knew what they were doing? grin they thought they were smart. they knew what they set out to acheieve! come to airport city and see the new face of accra.

and even if Accra no fine, wetin concern una? abi una no hear say monkey no fine, imama like am? while Accra may not be the most glamorous city in the world, the city, like the rest of the country, is undergoing a lot of changes. ask any nigerian who was here say two years ago and is visiting today.

1 Like

Re: Skylines Of Africa's Capital Cities (pictures) by boron10(m): 4:39pm On Aug 12, 2013
Gbaragbara: genocidal gays! fuckeduppedness jobsless goats! even a f00l knows there are other parameters that go into identifying the beauty of a city, not these nigerian fagg0ts who believe all there is to life is some tall buildings and crap. fuelish eediots! no wonder you are fvcked! truly fvcked grin
Petrodolla! Please try and repent. This is no longer stupidity but insanity.

1 Like

Re: Skylines Of Africa's Capital Cities (pictures) by Gbaragbara: 4:40pm On Aug 12, 2013
collynzo2: story story, story! Petrodollar with another username. Tomorrow you'll come up with another cöck and bull story about Lagos.
shaaaarap eeediot. I fvcking know your country more than even you,mor0n. those who live in glass houses don't throw stones, goat. never forget that piece of advice

1 Like

Re: Skylines Of Africa's Capital Cities (pictures) by Gbaragbara: 4:41pm On Aug 12, 2013
boron10:
Petrodolla! Please try and repent. This is no longer stupidity but insanity.
your putrid mouth smells from sokoto to calabar. don't flex with me oooh

1 Like

Re: Skylines Of Africa's Capital Cities (pictures) by ProminentStar: 4:43pm On Aug 12, 2013
Afam4eva: It was the day i saw pics of African city skylines that i knew that Nigeria was lagging behind. We have one of the most poor;y planned cities in Africa. The planned cities that we have are not developed enough to compete with others.
But Abuja-Nigeria isn't looking bad compared with Conakry-Guinea which looked so much like old Oshodi-Lagos
Re: Skylines Of Africa's Capital Cities (pictures) by Rossikk(m): 4:43pm On Aug 12, 2013
solomon111: OP,that your hypothesis is faulty.
The beauty of a skyline does not necessarily determine the wealth or well-being of a nation.
Especially,in africa where there's gross misplacement of priorities.
Many poor African countries spend huge amount of money on fanciful buildings to cater for the few wealthy people while the bulk of the masses suffer.

You're talking ignorant rubbish. ''Fanciful buildings'', (modern office buildings to the educated) are where the formal economy of any modern nation operate from. Unless you expect banks, insurance houses, accountancy firms, law firms, and other establishments to operate from your backyard or village, I suggest you keep shut.

1 Like

Re: Skylines Of Africa's Capital Cities (pictures) by boron10(m): 4:46pm On Aug 12, 2013
collynzo2: story story, story! Petrodollar with another username. Tomorrow you'll come up with another cöck and bull story about Lagos.
grin grin grin I thought it was only me that noticed it.
Re: Skylines Of Africa's Capital Cities (pictures) by Gbaragbara: 4:47pm On Aug 12, 2013
all na wash. at the end of the time what matters is how many residents have access to potable water, electricity, good roads, personal security, health care, are employed, are paid livable wages? the rest na wash. grin what is the point in having a fanciful car but can't drive it because some alaye boys are hanging around the corner to collect it from you,huh? grin

1 Like

Re: Skylines Of Africa's Capital Cities (pictures) by Rossikk(m): 4:49pm On Aug 12, 2013
solomon111: African should be ashamed of threads like this.
Those pictures are just a depiction of the paradox called the "african continent".

More ignorant garbage. Africa should be PROUD of its modern cities. Not ''ashamed''. Africa's growing modernity points to a brighter future for its people. The racist western media prefer to IGNORE all the signs of a rising Africa and focus SOLELY on the poor, in order to create the impression that there is no progress in Africa. These images DIRECTLY CONTRADICT those western lies and deceit and show that African economies are growing and moving in the right direction. And YES, modern buildings and infrastructure ARE signs of rising economies and dynamic societies. If you've ever spent time abroad, you'll be shocked by even highly educated westerners who ask if you've got cars in 'Africa', or telephones, tv etc. Why should Africans have to endure such nonsense? Our job is to propagate the truth which is that Africa, despite being a developing region, is 10,000 times more developed and advanced than the western media's deceitful portrayal/misrepresentation of the continent.

2 Likes

Re: Skylines Of Africa's Capital Cities (pictures) by trent9002(m): 4:55pm On Aug 12, 2013
Holy Crap! Look at south Sudan. Also, really surprised by Zimbabwe
Re: Skylines Of Africa's Capital Cities (pictures) by Nobody: 4:56pm On Aug 12, 2013
Gbaragbara: well, in Ghana that "fell your hand" the citizens live longer (64 years compared with 52 years in your miserable country), unemployement is far lower than in your sh1thole, the citizen sleep with their two eyes closed and no ritualists or robbers, kidnappers hunting them like animals. and people eat 3 square meals a day. heard these days people are b being kidnapped for gala and coke in your 'paradise' grin

Really? Poorest country in Africa is Ghana. Charcoals, you guys can only be on the same level with aboki people in Nigeria. see as your capital dey. now you wanna run your mouth. unemployment? yes but are you employed in Ghana? Do you see any hungry Nigerian? or have someone ever beg you for food in Nigeria to make you conclude that they are hungry? A rich Ghanaian can only be compared with a middle Nigerian man. Naija and Ghana no dey de same level, our country dey corrupt yes but not as corrupt as Ghana, we de expose ours while una de hide una own to look Good international. Every Fraudster in Ghana is claiming a Nigerian even one wey no sabi any state for Nigeria. Y una go de deny una identity to take our identity? why una hate us yet we keep running your country for you. Whatever is happening in Ghana, Nigerians contribute at least 50% to it. Omoh park well oo

2 Likes

Re: Skylines Of Africa's Capital Cities (pictures) by Rossikk(m): 4:57pm On Aug 12, 2013
trent9002: Holy Crap! Look at south Sudan. Also, really surprised by Zimbabwe

98% of the world do not know that this side of Africa exists. Sudan? Zimbabawe? Aren't those places where people kill each other daily and everybody is starving?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Gabriel Diya, Son & Daughter Drown In Swimming Pool In Spain - Inquest Hears / Man's Leg Crushed In An Accident In Ajah, Begs God To Take His Life(Graphic Pix) / Kimberly Anyadike, The Youngest Female Pilot (Black)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.