Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,159 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:26 AM

Skylines Of Africa's Capital Cities (pictures) - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Skylines Of Africa's Capital Cities (pictures) (56931 Views)

10 World’s Oldest Cities (pictures) / 10 Most Popular Non-capital Cities In Nigeria / 10 Most Popular Non-capital Cities/towns In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Skylines Of Africa's Capital Cities (pictures) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 9:05am On Aug 13, 2013
Syenite: Malabo- Equatorial Guinea, Maputo- Mozambique, Maseru-Lesotho, Mbabane- Swaziland.
My matchbox country doing us proud (Maseru/middle picture.) Blushing, the mountain kingdom.

South Africa does stand out, quite established cities I must say.
Re: Skylines Of Africa's Capital Cities (pictures) by ghboy: 10:34am On Aug 13, 2013
ahaha. interesting how this pic of Accra was used. as much as Accra doesn't boast of many skyscrapers, some parts of Accra (national theatre area, airport city n gulf house around shiashi) are fast developing. Accra still has a lot to prove at its poorly planned n must make good use of coastal development. i however won't judge general well being on nice/tall buildings. i'd rather the roads were expanded n 5 star, a good school, hospital n police station within every 4/5 mile radius, better sanitation n strict laws to back neatness etc. how many scrappers in Lagos, Accra are state owned? theres much much much to do in both countries. a whole lot
Re: Skylines Of Africa's Capital Cities (pictures) by vm26: 11:00am On Aug 13, 2013
and when did cape town become the capital city of south africa.what happened to pretoria
Re: Skylines Of Africa's Capital Cities (pictures) by geek(m): 11:20am On Aug 13, 2013
vm26: and when did cape town become the capital city of south africa.what happened to pretoria

South Africa has two capital cities. Pretoria is the administrative capital of SA while Cape Town is the legislative capital.

1 Like

Re: Skylines Of Africa's Capital Cities (pictures) by gmiky: 12:46pm On Aug 13, 2013
Some nice view of the ongoing road construction along the Abuja International airport way..

Re: Skylines Of Africa's Capital Cities (pictures) by ZIMDRILL(m): 1:33pm On Aug 13, 2013
Syenite: Yamousoukro-Cote D' Ivoire, Younde-Cameroun, Niamey-Niger, Lilongwe-Malawi

the last picture is not Lilongwe but Harare
Re: Skylines Of Africa's Capital Cities (pictures) by BankuTilapia: 3:06pm On Aug 13, 2013
Godwinsilas:

For only ur name u a mother-f u c k i n g hater u think Ghana will just wake up one and become something Nigeria have become for many years ago you are fool bcause u knw nothing about world records or u knw Ghana which Nigeria has tried so hard to breed. F. U. C. K. ur username

Primitive foooool n a child of a gorilla, apart from stealing, fraud, bombings ..... Ur country is nuttin to write home about.
Re: Skylines Of Africa's Capital Cities (pictures) by Nobody: 3:07pm On Aug 13, 2013
geek:

South Africa has three capital cities. Pretoria is the administrative capital of SA while Cape Town is the legislative capital, and Bloemfontein is the judicial capital.
Re: Skylines Of Africa's Capital Cities (pictures) by NellyGhenghen(m): 3:49pm On Aug 13, 2013
ghboy: ahaha. interesting how this pic of Accra was used. as much as Accra doesn't boast of many skyscrapers, some parts of Accra (national theatre area, airport city n gulf house around shiashi) are fast developing. Accra still has a lot to prove at its poorly planned n must make good use of coastal development. i however won't judge general well being on nice/tall buildings. i'd rather the roads were expanded n 5 star, a good school, hospital n police station within every 4/5 mile radius, better sanitation n strict laws to back neatness etc. how many scrappers in Lagos, Accra are state owned? theres much much much to do in both countries. a whole lot

pls post these pics and prove the haters wrong, talks dont hold water. smiley
Re: Skylines Of Africa's Capital Cities (pictures) by ghananotnaija(m): 8:25pm On Aug 13, 2013
THE AMAKA:

You seriously need to STFU. Is that your wish? That Nigerians should bow before Ghanaians so you can feel good about yourselves? No wonder you're on NL. Get over yourself, ok? The OP posted many pictures of other capitals that weren't so accurate, not Accra alone. And there is nothing negative about the photo he o posted, its just outdated. Why act as if the OP deliberately set out to belittle Ghana? Are you paranoid? If the OP had put a picture of Oshodi to represent Lagos, would you have complained? I believe he got most of the pictures from the first page on google.

The truth is most "cities" in West Africa are nothing to write home about besides a few. This includes Ghana AND Nigeria. They are improving, yes, but not quite there yet.

Instead of people here arguing on whose city is less "bush & ghetto" you should be talking about how to improve them. Africans are their own worst enemies.

If anyone wants a detailed, non-biased look at any African city, then go to skyscrapercity. Enough BS please.

Even by African standards, Nigeria is an incredibly savage and backwards country. Not just physically, but mostly in the thoughts and deeds of its people. Yes, Africa is unfortunately behind much of the world in development, but Nigeria is on another level altogether. Nigeria is literally dragging the rest of the continent down.
Re: Skylines Of Africa's Capital Cities (pictures) by THEAMAKA(f): 8:30pm On Aug 13, 2013
ghananotnaija:

Even by African standards, Nigeria is an incredibly savage and backwards country. Not just physically, but mostly in the thoughts and deeds of its people. Yes, Africa is unfortunately behind much of the world in development, but Nigeria is on another level altogether. Nigeria is literally dragging the rest of the continent down.

From 55 or so countries its Nigeria dragging the whole continent down? So the incompetency of most African presidents and politicians is now Nigeria's fault? Now i know you're a bloody hater. What won't i hear from such people.
Ghana AND Nigeria have a long way to go and i am talking about in terms of development and not your skewed, wayward, and biased opinion.
Re: Skylines Of Africa's Capital Cities (pictures) by collynzo2(m): 8:31pm On Aug 13, 2013
ghananotnaija:

How long will you fools continue to blame Nigeria for your failures? SMH

1 Like

Re: Skylines Of Africa's Capital Cities (pictures) by ghananotnaija(m): 1:02am On Aug 14, 2013
Godwinsilas:

For only ur name u a mother-f u c k i n g hater u think Ghana will just wake up one and become something Nigeria have become for many years ago you are fool bcause u knw nothing about world records or u knw Ghana which Nigeria has tried so hard to breed. F. U. C. K. ur username

Typical illiterate. Maybe if your parents weren't so destitute you would've been able to finish primary school.
Re: Skylines Of Africa's Capital Cities (pictures) by MrEverest(m): 9:16am On Aug 14, 2013
blackchris: port Harcourt

Is that really Port Harcourt? I mean the first and second pictures you posted, yes I can Identify the third and fourth pictures at least with presidential hotel and federal Secretariat in the back ground.
Please do enlighten me more on that, if that is P.H coast line and that beautiful highway nucleus also in P.H, then P.H is not doing badly!
Re: Skylines Of Africa's Capital Cities (pictures) by THEAMAKA(f): 12:41pm On Aug 14, 2013
^^^
Is that second photo really port Harcourt? I don't think they have a skyline of such cause I've never seen it anywhere else before. It also doesn't have th the trademark "Nigerian" touch to it. Matter of fact, the city doesn't even look likes its in Africa.
Re: Skylines Of Africa's Capital Cities (pictures) by Afam4eva(m): 12:59pm On Aug 14, 2013
THE AMAKA: ^^^
Is that second photo really port Harcourt? I don't think they have a skyline of such cause I've never seen it anywhere else before. It also doesn't have th the trademark "Nigerian" touch to it. Matter of fact, the city doesn't even look likes its in Africa.
The greenery alone gives it away. Nigerian cities don't have such level of trimmed grennery. The only city that comes close is Calabar but Calabar doesn't have the infrastructure in the picture.
Re: Skylines Of Africa's Capital Cities (pictures) by THEAMAKA(f): 1:27pm On Aug 14, 2013
Afam4eva:
The greenery alone gives it away. Nigerian cities don't have such level of trimmed grennery. The only city that comes close is Calabar but Calabar doesn't have the infrastructure in the picture.

Yeah. definitely doesn't look like anywhere in Africa at all. I'll give it the benefit of the doubt and say if its in Africa, then its in southern Africa
Re: Skylines Of Africa's Capital Cities (pictures) by 0monna: 11:53pm On Aug 17, 2013
geek:

South Africa has two capital cities. Pretoria is the administrative capital of SA while Cape Town is the legislative capital.
Nigeria has about 8 capitals, We have kidnapping capital Somewhere near Hennugun,We have ashawo capital,Boko Haram capital,Fake things capital, human ritual capital, Federal Capital,commercial capital etc
Re: Skylines Of Africa's Capital Cities (pictures) by NellyGhenghen(m): 9:32am On Aug 21, 2013
Afam4eva:

Have u been to Abuja? undecided
Re: Skylines Of Africa's Capital Cities (pictures) by Afam4eva(m): 10:50am On Aug 21, 2013
Nelly Ghenghen:

Have u been to Abuja? undecided
Abuja's greenery can't even be compared to that of Calabar.
Re: Skylines Of Africa's Capital Cities (pictures) by Tolexander: 9:41pm On Aug 28, 2013
geek:

south africa has 3 capital cities.

Administrative capital- Pretoria
legislative capital- Cape Town
Judicial capital- Bloemfontein
Re: Skylines Of Africa's Capital Cities (pictures) by verticalx: 8:14pm On Sep 16, 2013
Durban

Re: Skylines Of Africa's Capital Cities (pictures) by verticalx: 8:16pm On Sep 16, 2013
South Africa, Durban

Re: Skylines Of Africa's Capital Cities (pictures) by verticalx: 8:18pm On Sep 16, 2013
S.a Durban

Re: Skylines Of Africa's Capital Cities (pictures) by verticalx: 8:30pm On Sep 16, 2013
South africa, Port elizarbirth

Re: Skylines Of Africa's Capital Cities (pictures) by verticalx: 7:29pm On Sep 19, 2013
unlike other countries which had their cities developed by their colonial masters.... You know you sound retarded Right, you know about other countries yet you spew trash, research before opening your moulth.
Re: Skylines Of Africa's Capital Cities (pictures) by mairodi(f): 6:12am On Oct 27, 2013
The picture that says blantyre malawi is actually another pic of harare zimbabwe. Thats our samora machel ave. Please correct
Re: Skylines Of Africa's Capital Cities (pictures) by bryan1991: 9:48pm On Dec 21, 2014
Fazhy:
Where is Lagos?

I love my naija...... LAGOS.... Abuja.

Re: Skylines Of Africa's Capital Cities (pictures) by tck2000(m): 12:13pm On Jul 20, 2019
Accra

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Gabriel Diya, Son & Daughter Drown In Swimming Pool In Spain - Inquest Hears / Man's Leg Crushed In An Accident In Ajah, Begs God To Take His Life(Graphic Pix) / Kimberly Anyadike, The Youngest Female Pilot (Black)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.