Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,721 members, 7,809,736 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:07 PM

Skylines Of Africa's Capital Cities (pictures) - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Skylines Of Africa's Capital Cities (pictures) (56909 Views)

10 World’s Oldest Cities (pictures) / 10 Most Popular Non-capital Cities In Nigeria / 10 Most Popular Non-capital Cities/towns In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Skylines Of Africa's Capital Cities (pictures) by Afam4eva(m): 10:40pm On Aug 12, 2013
THE AMAKA:

Well i guess you're right. I just thought since Enugu is somewhat like the "Capital" of the east, if the city can develop and furthermore attract investors, we could see a major turnaround. I guess thats all wishful thinking tho. Haha
If you're look at the future then it's very possible. I thought you were judging based on the current state of things. As it stands Onitsha, Aba and Nnewi are the commercial and industrial centers that we have in the east.
Re: Skylines Of Africa's Capital Cities (pictures) by blackchris: 10:41pm On Aug 12, 2013
Kano

1 Like

Re: Skylines Of Africa's Capital Cities (pictures) by eaglechild: 10:46pm On Aug 12, 2013
which PH?
Re: Skylines Of Africa's Capital Cities (pictures) by THEAMAKA(f): 10:55pm On Aug 12, 2013
Afam4eva:
If you're look at the future then it's very possible. I thought you were judging based on the current state of things. As it stands Onitsha, Aba and Nnewi are the commercial and industrial centers that we have in the east.

Yes you're right. I'm just aware that Enugu has a whole lot of potential.
Re: Skylines Of Africa's Capital Cities (pictures) by phil5(m): 10:57pm On Aug 12, 2013
blackchris: Kano

which building be dat last man standing
Re: Skylines Of Africa's Capital Cities (pictures) by blackchris: 10:58pm On Aug 12, 2013
Ibadan

Re: Skylines Of Africa's Capital Cities (pictures) by blackchris: 11:00pm On Aug 12, 2013
phil5: which building be dat last man standing

if you ask me na who i go ask grin grin
Re: Skylines Of Africa's Capital Cities (pictures) by Afam4eva(m): 11:02pm On Aug 12, 2013
django1:

Definitely, although Aba is one SE city I've never been to.

@afam, Apart frm Abuja no single city in Nigeria is wholly planned out, including enugu. There may be areas with well laid out streets but that could be found in almost all capital city. I see no hope for Nigeria though, truth be told, most of these cities will never grow beyond what they are presently. The reason for this is because, its people that builds cities not just government and we are seriously lacking in "real" people.
You're wrong. Some cities like Enugu, Aba, Akure and co were planned but have not had the budget to build on the plan like Abuja. So, these cities have to grow naturally and the results will start being visible indecades except something drastic happens.
Re: Skylines Of Africa's Capital Cities (pictures) by phil5(m): 11:07pm On Aug 12, 2013
Rossikk: Lagos

. Naija is growing, make we nor dey talk robinson jare, wat about every Nigerian raising up one standard edifice , that should be 30 million if the rest are kids nd youths,lol. Abi na gej go do dis one 4 una again . If he should say lest start remodeling our cities nw ,una go say na misplaced priority just like de airport story, abeg weitin una want make him do , reply o biko anam a rio unu
Re: Skylines Of Africa's Capital Cities (pictures) by phil5(m): 11:16pm On Aug 12, 2013
blackchris: Ibadan

. Na dat cocoa house really save ibadan ooo, see de oda houzes like wetin person match
Re: Skylines Of Africa's Capital Cities (pictures) by phil5(m): 11:19pm On Aug 12, 2013
blackchris:

maybe boko boys ,na the one weh dey remain be dat grin
blackchris:

maybe boko boys ,na the one weh dey remain be dat
Re: Skylines Of Africa's Capital Cities (pictures) by blackchris: 11:26pm On Aug 12, 2013
phil5: . Na dat cocoa house really save ibadan ooo, see de oda houzes like wetin person match

grin grin grin na PDP kill that state i swear
Re: Skylines Of Africa's Capital Cities (pictures) by Rossikk(m): 11:33pm On Aug 12, 2013
ILORIN - The SW's best kept secret.

1 Like

Re: Skylines Of Africa's Capital Cities (pictures) by 0108(m): 11:35pm On Aug 12, 2013
LAGOS

by the way, this anti spambot is the seun's craziest morrafuccker.

Abeg, unbar dabrake jare

1 Like

Re: Skylines Of Africa's Capital Cities (pictures) by Chartey(m): 11:37pm On Aug 12, 2013
dannie04: It's very unfair to take some random pictures to compare cities. It's more like the pictures used by foreign media when talking about Nigeria. I'm not happy with the state of unplanned cities in Nigeria but
using picture can only be fair if the respective pictures are the cities finest....This picture makes Eritrea looks better than Nigeria
But how do u know for example that Abuja is better than Asmara(Eritrea)? Is it not based on what u see in the same "foreign media"? All African cities have beautiful and ugly parts although proportions of those parts may differ.
Re: Skylines Of Africa's Capital Cities (pictures) by Afam4eva(m): 11:37pm On Aug 12, 2013
Ilorin has good roads but the infrastructure is lacking. I hate seeing clean and nice looking roads without massive structures to complement just like in the case of Sokoto.
Re: Skylines Of Africa's Capital Cities (pictures) by Olumidzti(m): 11:38pm On Aug 12, 2013
Mr Everest: You are wrong, very wrong! The pictures that was shown by op are the skylines of the central business districts of the respective cities i.e the most advanced parts, besides all the cities shown have got slums.
how come the op's pics are diff frm dt of another user..
Re: Skylines Of Africa's Capital Cities (pictures) by Nobody: 11:40pm On Aug 12, 2013
Lagos is looking fine cool cool
Re: Skylines Of Africa's Capital Cities (pictures) by THEAMAKA(f): 11:55pm On Aug 12, 2013
Aside from the recent pictures posted of Lagos, can folks stop posting pictures of overgrown villages and passing them off as cities? Mediocrity should not celebrated nor welcomed.
Re: Skylines Of Africa's Capital Cities (pictures) by Syenite(m): 11:59pm On Aug 12, 2013
Mr Everest: Please do post the skylines of Nigeria's other cities as you promised, it may not be in this thread but do post them so we could know how far we have gone in developing other places, Nigeria does not start with Lagos and end in Abuja, lets see P.harcourt, Kano, Enugu, Ibadan, Onitsha etc. just look at South Africa, there cities show how advanced they are with there millionaire cities, Cape town, Durban, Jo'borg, pretoria etc are all world class cities and we should be comparing ourselves with them and not poor Ghana that is in the class of Afica's banana republics.

You asked for it, i have created it. Aerial view of Nigeria's Cities :https://www.nairaland.com/1394841/nigerias-state-commercial-capitals-excluding-lagos

1 Like

Re: Skylines Of Africa's Capital Cities (pictures) by Godogwu: 2:30am On Aug 13, 2013
solomon111: African should be ashamed of threads like this.
Those pictures are just a depiction of the paradox called the "african continent".

People like you make it seem like Western and Asian countries don't have problems of theirs. We shouldn't necessarily showcase poverty just because there happens to be poverty in the continent. A report on the US, UK, Italy, France etc will show their most idolized places; the White House, buckingham palace, the coliseum, the Eifle tower respectively.

1 Like

Re: Skylines Of Africa's Capital Cities (pictures) by 14(m): 2:35am On Aug 13, 2013
ngwana.mobu:
Three capital cities: Pretoria(Tshwane), Jo'burg and Bloemfontein.

SA capital is Pretoria, Bloemfontein is a judicial capital, Cape Town is a legislature capita, where Paliarment is, but administration capital is Pretoria
Re: Skylines Of Africa's Capital Cities (pictures) by ministergh: 2:41am On Aug 13, 2013
I am a Nigerian and I live in Ghana and I think the pic of Ghana in here is very biased. like every country there are certain places in a capital that are not nicer so taking a pic of such a view and portraying as Accra is very bad....if you know Accra well it is one of the most visited african cities and home to the most foreign celebrities aside south Africa...maybe you guys can see Accra better in this site. www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=421024
Re: Skylines Of Africa's Capital Cities (pictures) by Abrantie: 2:42am On Aug 13, 2013
Youngzedd: Poor Ghana.

Your mama angry
Re: Skylines Of Africa's Capital Cities (pictures) by ministergh: 3:02am On Aug 13, 2013
Accra- Ghana is one city that host most of stars in Africa with its modern estate and fine architecture.

1 Like

Re: Skylines Of Africa's Capital Cities (pictures) by ghananotnaija(m): 4:12am On Aug 13, 2013
Typical Nigerian bias against Ghana by the OP posting such an obscure view of Accra. Why do Nigerians have so much against us Ghanaians? They know, deep down, that they are inferior to us and there's nothing they could do about it.
Re: Skylines Of Africa's Capital Cities (pictures) by THEAMAKA(f): 4:42am On Aug 13, 2013
ghananotnaija: Typical Nigerian bias against Ghana by the OP posting such an obscure view of Accra. Why do Nigerians have so much against us Ghanaians? They know, deep down, that they are inferior to us and there's nothing they could do about it.

You seriously need to STFU. Is that your wish? That Nigerians should bow before Ghanaians so you can feel good about yourselves? No wonder you're on NL. Get over yourself, ok? The OP posted many pictures of other capitals that weren't so accurate, not Accra alone. And there is nothing negative about the photo he o posted, its just outdated. Why act as if the OP deliberately set out to belittle Ghana? Are you paranoid? If the OP had put a picture of Oshodi to represent Lagos, would you have complained? I believe he got most of the pictures from the first page on google.

The truth is most "cities" in West Africa are nothing to write home about besides a few. This includes Ghana AND Nigeria. They are improving, yes, but not quite there yet.

Instead of people here arguing on whose city is less "bush & ghetto" you should be talking about how to improve them. Africans are their own worst enemies.

If anyone wants a detailed, non-biased look at any African city, then go to skyscrapercity. Enough BS please.

2 Likes

Re: Skylines Of Africa's Capital Cities (pictures) by Godwinsilas(m): 5:07am On Aug 13, 2013
Hmm I dream one day Nigeria my country will be ruled by a young man Bellow 40 years and will bring about development and technology and he will solve 70% of Nigerians problem and leave the rest for God Amen.
Re: Skylines Of Africa's Capital Cities (pictures) by Godwinsilas(m): 5:20am On Aug 13, 2013
ghananotnaija: Typical Nigerian bias against Ghana by the OP posting such an obscure view of Accra. Why do Nigerians have so much against us Ghanaians? They know, deep down, that they are inferior to us and there's nothing they could do about it.

For only ur name u a mother-f u c k i n g hater u think Ghana will just wake up one and become something Nigeria have become for many years ago you are fool bcause u knw nothing about world records or u knw Ghana which Nigeria has tried so hard to breed. F. U. C. K. ur username
Re: Skylines Of Africa's Capital Cities (pictures) by Rossikk(m): 7:25am On Aug 13, 2013
Afam4eva: Ilorin has good roads but the infrastructure is lacking. I hate seeing clean and nice looking roads without massive structures to complement just like in the case of Sokoto.

Well that's the beauty of a fast rising GDP such as Nigeria is experiencing at 7.5% annual - placing her among the world's fastest growing economies. So it's really just a matter of time before places like Ilorin become more built up. In 10 years' time the city would likely be unrecognisable from the present, with impressive structures dotting its major highways.
Re: Skylines Of Africa's Capital Cities (pictures) by BrightCar: 8:56am On Aug 13, 2013
dasparrow:

But the British sadly don't want you in their country.
HE CAN BE SMUGGLED IN!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How The Crashed Bristow Helicopter Was Transported To Lagos (photos) / Edmund Echukwu Dies At James Bond-Themed Sex Party In UK (photos) / Handworks To Learn In Nigeria Before You Japa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.