Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,699 members, 7,820,435 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:46 PM

APC Bombs Jonathan Again, Urges Him Go To Court - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Bombs Jonathan Again, Urges Him Go To Court (1676 Views)

2015: PDP Welcomes Buhari, Urges Him To Engage In Issue- Based Campaign / BREAKING: Obasanjo Bombs Jonathan Again / Obasanjo Bombs Jonathan Again: Your Evil Actions Destroying Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Bombs Jonathan Again, Urges Him Go To Court by Controversy: 2:46pm On Aug 12, 2013
The All Progressives Congress (APC) has asked President Goodluck Jonathan to go to court if he felt libelled by the description of his presidency as a kindergarten presidency by the Interim National Chairman of the APC,
Chief Bisi Akande.
In a statement issued in Accra on Monday by its National Publicity Secretary, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, the party said Chief Akande merely told the truth by his characterization of the Jonathan presidency, adding ”Isn’t truth a defence
to libel?”
It also said there was nothing strange or wrong in criticizing a democratically-elected President, after all he is neither an Imperial President, a Monarchy nor an Emperor.
APC said nothing confirmed Chief Akande’s assertion that Jonathan is running a kindergarten presidency than the crude manner it (presidency) responded to the frank but constructive criticism by the APC National Chairman.
”In the true character of this presidency, its increasingly irreverent and undignified spokesman failed to respond to the issues raised by Chief Akande, and instead chose to haul abuses at a man who is old enough to be his father. Such irresponsible act does no credit to the spokesman or the president he is serving, and Nigerians will definitely not forget such crudity in a hurry.

”Where is the presidency’s response to Chief Akande’s assertion that he has written two letters to the President over the serious challenges facing the country, without getting a response? Where is the presidency’s response to Chief Akande’s assertion that President Jonathan is witch-hunting political opponents? These are the issues that Nigerians are interested in, not how many hours the President sleeps at night because he is supposedly working tirelessly.
”In any case, if indeed this President is working tirelessly, we need to ask who he is working for, because Nigerians have yet to feel the impact of his administration. They are also not interested in the fact that the President once served as a deputy governor, governor and Vice President, because the experiences he supposedly garnered from doing so have not impacted positively on his duty as President. That’s not a surprise, considering that the President owes his meteoric rise in politics to luck and destiny. Nothing else!” the party said
It described the presidency as an under-achieving one, always eager to celebrate tokenism, using questionable statistics.
”As the presidency was composing its empty response to the serious issues raised by our highly-respected Chairman, the African Development Bank was saying in its annual report (African Economic Outlook), quoted by the local media on Sunday, that the proportion of people (Nigerians) living below the national poverty line has worsened from 65.5 per cent in 1996 to
69.0 per cent in 2010, most of those years under the PDP and the last four under President Jonathan.
”What therefore is there to celebrate in a presidency under which power generation has fallen to 2,500MW? What is there to celebrate in a presidency that has only given Nigerians widespread insecurity, unemployment, dilapidated infrastructure, oil theft and unbridled corruption. Of what use is the touted 6% increase in the GDP when over 40% of our youth are unemployed? APC queried
The party described as a figment of the presidency’s imagination the claim of a feud between its leaders, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu and Maj.-Gen. Muhammadu Buhari, saying the PDP and the presidency have been peddling lies over a phantom feud because they could not fathom how the leadership of the APC could put national interest above personal considerations.
”Mr. President, don’t let your lick-spittle aides deceive you. There is absolutely no feud between the two leaders. Waiting for such a feud is like ‘Waiting for Godot’.” it said.
In a response to the earlier comment by Chief Bisi Akande, presidential adviser, Reuben Abati shot back:
“The interim national chairman of the APC, Chief Bisi Akande sank to a new low …when he rudely and falsely described President Jonathan as a “kindergarten” leader who treats national issues with levity.
Chief Bisi Akande has every right to embark on a flight of fancy about the APC beating the PDP in the 2015 general elections, but he does no justice to his age and status when he resorts to propagating falsehood, wilfully insulting the President of his country, impugning his integrity and desecrating the very office which his party wishes to take over in 2015 by fair or foul means.
“We urge Chief Akande and his fellow-travellers to remember that there are laws against libel and defamation of character in this country even if there are no legal impediments to indecorous, hypocritical and unpatriotic vituperations.
” It is certainly rude, ill-mannered, uncharitable and hypocritical for Chief Akande to falsely and cavalierly allege that a President who toils tirelessly every day of the week, evolving and implementing workable solutions to Nigeria’s problems, is handling national issues with levity.
” Also, nothing else but gross ignorance and lack of consideration could have led Chief Akande to refer to a President who, having served as deputy governor, governor, vice president and president, has far more experience of governance at the highest level than him and his preferred “candidates”, as a kindergarten leader.
“By his very unguarded and intemperate outburst yesterday, Chief Akande exhibited not only an unbecoming lack of respect for the person and office of the President of his country, but also a complete disregard for the patriotic feelings of the millions of Nigerians who voted for President Jonathan and who continue to appreciate his sincere efforts to positively transform the nation.
“It is very sad and unfortunate that unbridled ambition for the office they constantly impugn and denigrate has blinded Chief Akande and his ilk to the visible accomplishments of the Jonathan Presidency.”
http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2013/08/12/apc-bombs-jonathan-again-urges-him-go-to-court/

1 Like

Re: APC Bombs Jonathan Again, Urges Him Go To Court by Agbalanze(m): 2:53pm On Aug 12, 2013
I guess, am the first to comment....
Meanwhile, I think APC should show some respect when addressing the No.1 citizen.
Re: APC Bombs Jonathan Again, Urges Him Go To Court by ojubi(m): 2:54pm On Aug 12, 2013
In 2011 this was how this CAN ranted but GEJ flogged them at the poll.
By 2015 he will still flog you so short up and fail.

3 Likes

Re: APC Bombs Jonathan Again, Urges Him Go To Court by Nobody: 3:06pm On Aug 12, 2013
I already tired of APC and their loud mouth. All they know is ………., honestly, I don’t have the right word to describe them. Please help if you can.

2 Likes

Re: APC Bombs Jonathan Again, Urges Him Go To Court by Controversy: 3:12pm On Aug 12, 2013
In as much as i don't believe in GEJ again... APC? No comment yet
Re: APC Bombs Jonathan Again, Urges Him Go To Court by ballabriggs: 3:20pm On Aug 12, 2013
Like I said, with that Abati's m0r0nic statement, he further supports the view that Jonathan is a kindergarten President.

When did it become defamation to say a leader is incompetent, a leader is clueless or a leader is unserious?

If Abati still had any atom of sense in him, he would have known it is part of politicking.

We see it daily with Ed Miliband and David Cameron. Miliband is never shy to say Cameron is "incompetent and clueless".

Abati is a m0r0n. However, I also want to thank him for giving us more evidence to support what we have always known. That Jonathan is a kindergarten leader cannot be disputed again with Abati's statement.

7 Likes

Re: APC Bombs Jonathan Again, Urges Him Go To Court by Controversy: 3:24pm On Aug 12, 2013
Mod front PG
Re: APC Bombs Jonathan Again, Urges Him Go To Court by ayodeji752: 3:28pm On Aug 12, 2013
Egalitarian society. Am nt gonna vote GEJ but i think his office deserves little respect. Its like APC don forget say they are not talkin to me but number one citizen of dis great nation Nigeria
Re: APC Bombs Jonathan Again, Urges Him Go To Court by redsun(m): 3:30pm On Aug 12, 2013
That is what opposition is all about,it is not personal.It is about dissing each other and selling their trickeries to the bespelled audience.

If he is got anything to prove,he should prove it to the people.So far the halliburton hooligans are still in hiding and so many other atrocities that are left unchecked and unanswered.

6 Likes

Re: APC Bombs Jonathan Again, Urges Him Go To Court by vatoslocos: 3:34pm On Aug 12, 2013
Kindergaten President cheesy

2 Likes

Re: APC Bombs Jonathan Again, Urges Him Go To Court by wola44: 3:37pm On Aug 12, 2013
Re: APC Bombs Jonathan Again, Urges Him Go To Court by Nobody: 3:41pm On Aug 12, 2013
thank God 4 dis vantage position I've got. APC that's just starting life is calling a 2nd tenure president kindergarten?? then wot r dey? pre kg I guess.
inasmuch as im not a fan of GEJ, but constant bashing from a hopeless 'pre kg' political party is un-acceptable.

1 Like

Re: APC Bombs Jonathan Again, Urges Him Go To Court by agbameta: 3:56pm On Aug 12, 2013
See how the dumb kindergarten president dug another grave and left the door open for more rubbishing.. The fool just took the bait like a dummy..

How daft and dumb can this otuoko man be..?

6 Likes

Re: APC Bombs Jonathan Again, Urges Him Go To Court by kokoA(m): 4:21pm On Aug 12, 2013
Good one.. This is a democracy,the opposition are free to air their view, the party in power is free to defend herself, the opposition is also free to counter their response. Nothing wrong with this at all.

5 Likes

Re: APC Bombs Jonathan Again, Urges Him Go To Court by Controversy: 4:41pm On Aug 12, 2013
What are they smoking their in APC?

1 Like

Re: APC Bombs Jonathan Again, Urges Him Go To Court by Nobody: 4:53pm On Aug 12, 2013
even if APC z nt goin 2 win 2015,lyk dey ll show wat opposition party means
Re: APC Bombs Jonathan Again, Urges Him Go To Court by BadAttitude(m): 4:59pm On Aug 12, 2013
APC has only proven one thing...they are a Worthy distraction.

3 Likes

Re: APC Bombs Jonathan Again, Urges Him Go To Court by malele(m): 5:57pm On Aug 12, 2013
Can't this APC concentrate on APC and leave the president alone
Re: APC Bombs Jonathan Again, Urges Him Go To Court by Idokojimmy: 6:06pm On Aug 12, 2013
When it comes to writing rubbish, Lie Lie Mohammed features prominently. When he is invited for an interview, he begs for expo, obviously becos attending to questions during interviews goes beyond propaganda. He is just empty and will be beaten again come 2015.

1 Like

Re: APC Bombs Jonathan Again, Urges Him Go To Court by dridowu: 6:21pm On Aug 12, 2013
Kindagarten President.........................................that is y i love 9ja
Re: APC Bombs Jonathan Again, Urges Him Go To Court by Nobody: 6:27pm On Aug 12, 2013
When will Nigerian politicians criticize based on programmes, policies and agenda rather than resort to cheap name-calling?

This is getting rather annoying.
Re: APC Bombs Jonathan Again, Urges Him Go To Court by teskyg: 6:50pm On Aug 12, 2013
APC are bunch of frustrated noise Makers.A party that is focus on peddling rumours,false statistics and over heat the country should not be trusted with Power.I am not a fan of GEJ but my vote will surely go to him again to keep APC out of Power.APC will be history in 2015.
Re: APC Bombs Jonathan Again, Urges Him Go To Court by skyfall: 7:13pm On Aug 12, 2013
I'm really enjoying this. This is the beauty of democracy & freedom of speech.

KINDERGARTEN PRESIDENT...what a perfect name!

BTW, KINDERGARTEN sounds like a German word. I'm sure it is.

2 Likes

Re: APC Bombs Jonathan Again, Urges Him Go To Court by skyfall: 7:18pm On Aug 12, 2013
Origin: 1850-55; < German: literally, children's
garden, equivalent to
Kinder = children + Garten = garden.

So in short, Aso Rock is currently a garden containing children president, presidential aides & a famous GBAGAUNizer.

gringringrin
Re: APC Bombs Jonathan Again, Urges Him Go To Court by Exodus2k(m): 7:31pm On Aug 12, 2013
Nigerian politician are all the same, full of area boys both APC and PDP bird of same feather let watch 2015 8-)
Re: APC Bombs Jonathan Again, Urges Him Go To Court by Controversy: 7:41pm On Aug 12, 2013
550 viewers, 24 comments
Should i add Tonto dike picture to attract e-traffic for Seun
Re: APC Bombs Jonathan Again, Urges Him Go To Court by Nobody: 8:21pm On Aug 12, 2013
Controversy: 550 viewers, 24 comments
Should i add Tonto dike picture to attract e-traffic for Seun
LMAO!!!! WEYREY
Re: APC Bombs Jonathan Again, Urges Him Go To Court by Azeez532(m): 8:34pm On Aug 12, 2013
I love this Alhaji lai muhammed,he's always onpoint.He taught abati how to respond to the message & not the messenger.

3 Likes

Re: APC Bombs Jonathan Again, Urges Him Go To Court by duality(m): 9:32pm On Aug 12, 2013
APC has Nothing to offer.sentiments aside. Insulting the president cannot make you win election. From inviting the president to join APC to the president being a KG president is unfortunately petty. They have not said anything to make reasonable people vote for them. all what they say is " Give us the presidency " and then thy insult the president. Is that how a party can win election? lets be honest. APC will not win if they continue like this.
Re: APC Bombs Jonathan Again, Urges Him Go To Court by abokinside: 11:09pm On Aug 12, 2013
Anytime the president is questioned on serious issues like the economy, security, corruption , witch hunting perceived political enemies rather than face the issue the president and his handlers will rather prefer to resort to calling the opposition failed politicians, bitter people etc, what can be more childish, at some point they even ask the opposition to profer solution instead of criticisms. Interesting! Opposition bring solutions for you, is that a joke. The presidency of Gej is definitely a kindergarten presidency.

2 Likes

Re: APC Bombs Jonathan Again, Urges Him Go To Court by boladez(m): 6:29am On Aug 13, 2013
duality: APC has Nothing to offer.sentiments aside. Insulting the president cannot make you win election. From inviting the president to join APC to the president being a KG president is unfortunately petty. They have not said anything to make reasonable people vote for them. all what they say is " Give us the presidency " and then thy insult the president. Is that how a party can win election? lets be honest. APC will not win if they continue like this.

Late president Yaradua travelled to Saudi Arabia on the 29th of Nov 2009 , Gej has been on that seat since that date. After all the noise by the civil society and the same APC (then individual parties) the then Cabal allowed Gej to become the substantive president on the 10th of Feb 2010! Became the commander in chief on May 5 2010 after Yaradua passed on. Gej promised to hit the ground running then because he claimed he had been in govt.

.......almost four years after

1. Please show me major road projects executed or completed.
2. Do you enjoy improved electricity or PAWA as he would call it.
3. Can you sleep with both eyes closed, is the country more or less secure?
4. Can we say there is seriousness in the tackling of corruption ? Compare the handling of two ministers Barth Nnaji and Dieziani?
5. What are the lending rates today compared with four years back?
6. Can you tell what the focus of this govt is?
7. Gets into a fight with anyone who speaks against the govt! Even has two shameless and desperate senior special assistants who are trivializing governance and desecrating the office of the president. Men without principles.
8. Fighting phantom enemies all over the nation and risking life and limb of democracy to propagate himself in 2015, making rubbish of democratic institutions like in Rivers state.
9. Just like Yaradua but more brazen in an attempt to hand over the country to his matrimonial system of governance. In Africa, women support men and don't lead men in the home front.

Akande wrote but they did not respond , the man has spoken up against the current childish leadership which Abunati has confirmed with his quick response. If only the presidency could tackle national problems the same way the respond swiftly to critics, they would have gone beyond fixing the airport terminals and taking us back to the colonial railway system. As far as I know these are the only real developments we can account for with this clueless admin four years on. Availability of petrol at the pumps is at s very high price to Nigerians impoverishing the nation further.

My opinion is that Akande did not insult but criticized the presidency based on facts. Let their work not the abstract world bank theories by Ngoziamala speak for them. They say economy is improving and no jobs, no investments in the real sector, even the heart beat of the economy oil and gas is not getting new investments. Banks that argueably employ the largest number of young Nigerians are sacking them and reducing their salaries enmasse due to the senseless and unguarded textbook policies of a raging mad sinusitis.

the toddlers in aso rock should grow up and make this country better or go back to their homes to be managed by their wives. We want progress not ogogoro based development which is delusional. No one can speak for us Nigerians other than each one of us. Come 2015 we would test the kindergarten boys and APC men. I think the NGF election is an indication of things to come. May we all be alive to witness the general elections and be a part of it. Make sure you register and you vote do not stand on the sides.

A penny for my thots!

2 Likes

Re: APC Bombs Jonathan Again, Urges Him Go To Court by Rilikoko(m): 8:37am On Aug 13, 2013
If u say APC should face their bizness n leave d presidency alone, I began to wonder wat other bizness d opposition has, than to check n balance d govt in power through criticism.GEJ govt has always been leaving room for serious bashing frm d opposition due to its clueless leadership unlike wat we have in Lagos state where d opposition has been placed on silent mode due to d vibrant leadership n govt present.
When our president speaks,he is so unaspiring n uncharismatic.'Luck n destiny' has put him in leadership role,but enough of dat! We need more than luck to rescue dis our nation.
He is too feeble to handle dis country and we thank him for his trying effort,let him go n enjoy his pension and stop pushing his luck too hard.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Nearly 400 Islamic Fighters Killed In Last Three Days In Car-france / President Jonathan Sack Striking Doctors. / Ondo State Refuses To Pay August Salary To State Workers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.