Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,590 members, 7,837,236 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:35 PM

Family Petitions Imo CP, Seeks Justice Over Rape Of Four-year-old Girl - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Family Petitions Imo CP, Seeks Justice Over Rape Of Four-year-old Girl (488 Views)

Trouble For Justice Yunusa ‎as Honeywell Petitions Chief Justice Over Misconduct / Why Jesus Empire Ministry Believe In Justice Over Satellite Picture- Musiwa / Dino Leads Protesters To Ministry Of Justice Over Impeachment of Kogi Speaker (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Family Petitions Imo CP, Seeks Justice Over Rape Of Four-year-old Girl by Spambutter: 5:24pm On Aug 12, 2013
http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/news-metro/129326-family-petitions-imo-cp-seeks-justice-over-rape-of-four-year-old-girl-

MEMBERS of the Nwaimo family of Okwu Ife, in Ezinihitte Mbaise Local Council of Imo State are stunned beyond belief at what the Investigating Police Officer (IPO)Cpl. Joseph Nwakirike of Ezinihitte Mbaise Divisional Police Officer is alleged to have done.

They are wondering why the IPO choose to ignore the fact confirmed by a medical report signed by a competent medical officer at General Hospital Aboh Mbaise that their four year-old daughter , Chidera Onyekachi Nwaimo was brutally raped by 17 year-old Enoch Uwakwe.

Rather than charge Uwakwe for the actual crime of defilement of the little girl as clearly indicated in the medical report, Wakike charged the alleged rapist for indecent assault that carries a penalty far less commensurate to the crime of rape of a four year-old.

According to the brother of the little girl who was defiled, Nnaemeka Nwimo: “Would the IPO Wakarike have ignored the Doctor’s Report if the little girl were his daughter or sister?

“This is a case of grave injustice and my family is asking the Imo State Police Commissioner, the wife of the state governor to step into this matter and ensure my little sister gets justice.”

In a petition addressed to the Police Commissioner , the family through Nwaimo recounted their little daughter’s ordeal at the hands of Uwakwe.

“On June 13, 2013, at about 7.15 am, my little sister Miss Chidera Onyekachi Nwimo, aged (4) four years was no where to be found.But after some hours, she appeared with blood on her private part and tears in her eyes.

“When I asked her , she managed to narrate her encounter with Mr. Enoch Uwakwe. “I took her to Ezinihitte Police Station where I was given a Police medical report form which is hereby attached.”

The aggrieved family laments that unfortunately , Cpl Joseph Wakarike allegedly connived with the suspect and for some reason yet unknown changed the charge from defilement to indecent assault.

They are asking the Police Commissioner, the wife of the state governor as well as child and human rights groups to ensure that justice is done and the alleged suspect properly charged and justice obtained for the traumatized little girl and the entire family.

(1) (Reply)

Certificate Verification Teacher Can't Read Own Certificate / Ex- Presidential Candidate,owuru Gets N10m Bail / Why I Shunned Rivers Deputy Gov In P’harcourt - Patience Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.