Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,790 members, 7,817,282 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:26 AM

What Is The Difference Between Love And Like - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is The Difference Between Love And Like (1622 Views)

Love Story: Between Love, Aristo & Marraige...part 2 / Is Love Sex! The Difference Between Love Making And Sex. / Difference Between 'Love' and 'Like' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Difference Between Love And Like by seadice(m): 2:28pm On Jun 04, 2008
[b]I have lived with the assumption or rather with the fast that i know the meaning of Love and likeness, not until when i had an hot argument{discussion} with one of my lady friend. I got lost and consumed with confusion, so i thought of [i][b]lover boys and lover babes on nairaland so, Lets hear your views cause there is no one among nairalanders that is not hooked up one way or the other with LOVE OR LIKE.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Love And Like by Nobody: 2:32pm On Jun 04, 2008
Like is, Exactly what it sounds like, having a likng for a person and thinking of them in a positive, possibly romantic way, it can often lead to love, but even more often gets mistaken for love, and that so often leads to pain and heartbreak.

Love is, Alot harder to explain, all I have to reference it by is my personal experience, but in my experience, it means caring about that person
more than or equaly to how much you care for your own life and well being, feeling sad and semi-heartbroken just being apart from them, actualy having deep feelings towards them despite logical explanation or all your sensibiliies, rather than just the logical thought involved in 'likeing' someone.

Really, the dividing line between like and love, is that like can be a logical thing, love on the other hand, follows no reason or rules, love is unconditional, like is'nt.

Source: http://www.answerbag.com/q_view/16859

Hope That Helps smiley

Also

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-259.0.html
Re: What Is The Difference Between Love And Like by Nobody: 2:42pm On Jun 04, 2008
ibkaye dear, u b ticha? grin . . .
Re: What Is The Difference Between Love And Like by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jun 04, 2008
Ziggy_mama:

hehehe, oh not at all hun grin
Re: What Is The Difference Between Love And Like by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jun 04, 2008
grin. . .if u say so o.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Love And Like by welli(f): 2:46pm On Jun 04, 2008
ibk d professor.cary on yeye girl
Re: What Is The Difference Between Love And Like by Nobody: 2:48pm On Jun 04, 2008
welli:

ibk d professor.cary on yeye girl
Ziggy_mama:

grin. . .if u say so o.
duty called, ibkaye answered grin cool
Re: What Is The Difference Between Love And Like by gentledove(f): 2:53pm On Jun 04, 2008
Like is explainable

Love can not be explained because God is love. the moment you can define God then you can define love. its a feeling that makes you do the Super extra-ordinary cool
Re: What Is The Difference Between Love And Like by welli(f): 2:55pm On Jun 04, 2008
ibk ,dnt provoke me ohhh.duty ke!respect yaself
Re: What Is The Difference Between Love And Like by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jun 04, 2008
tongue Anty,what can u do?
Re: What Is The Difference Between Love And Like by Nobody: 3:01pm On Jun 04, 2008
welli:

ibk ,dnt provoke me ohhh.duty ke!respect yaself
gbenu e dake jare, nonsenseĀ grin

Ziggy_mama:

tongue Anty,what can u do?
can you just imagineĀ tongue grin
Re: What Is The Difference Between Love And Like by welli(f): 3:05pm On Jun 04, 2008
ibk nd ziggy mama . . . una dey try me abi? angry
Re: What Is The Difference Between Love And Like by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jun 04, 2008
welli:

Jooo, fimisile tori oloun, ah ah, yeye girl tongue cheesy
Re: What Is The Difference Between Love And Like by Nobody: 3:10pm On Jun 04, 2008
ibkaye:

Jooo, fimisile tori oloun, ah ah, yeye girl tongue cheesy

grin yes.giv it 2 her Ibk,giv it 2 her.

welli:

YES OOOOOOOO!!
Re: What Is The Difference Between Love And Like by seadice(m): 3:14pm On Jun 04, 2008
Ziggy_mama:

she is right, i like that but my own chappy opinion is that love is when you attached an emotional feeling to what you feel about someone and that cause you emotion pains when the person do things to hurt you. love is when two best friends do not see each other for sometime and they both cannot sleep at night, but likeness on the other hand goes with no emotional attachment, i just like him or i just like her. thank you gentledove.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Love And Like by welli(f): 3:15pm On Jun 04, 2008
@ IBK ND ZIGGY MAMA LMAO.MY CHILDREN RE GROWIN OHHH.TO D EXTENT DEY EVEN TALK TO ME ANYHOW.NA WA shocked REM WAT D BIBLE SAYS:CHILDREN HONOUR UR FATHER ND MOTHER SO DAT UR DAYS MAY BE LONG ON EARTH
Re: What Is The Difference Between Love And Like by Nobody: 3:20pm On Jun 04, 2008
welli:

@ IBK ND ZIGGY MAMA LMAO.MY CHILDREN RE GROWIN OHHH.TO D EXTENT DEY EVEN TALK TO ME ANYHOW.NA WA shocked REM WAT D BIBLE SAYS:CHILDREN HONOUR UR FATHER ND MOTHER SO DAT UR DAYS MAY BE LONG ON EARTH
children for where? welli, se wa ok? maybe you were not given enough stew and meat with your rice and that is why you dey act like a mad girl, was it not you that just turned 10 yesterday? grin
Re: What Is The Difference Between Love And Like by creamdream: 3:23pm On Jun 04, 2008
@poster
simply put its the differnce btw the chicken and the egg
Re: What Is The Difference Between Love And Like by welli(f): 3:25pm On Jun 04, 2008
@ ibk roflmao
Re: What Is The Difference Between Love And Like by Nobody: 3:28pm On Jun 04, 2008
ibkaye:

children for where? welli, se wa ok? maybe you were not given enough stew and meat with your rice and that is why you dey act like a mad girl, was it not you that just turned 10 yesterday? grin

grin grin grin Now that sud shut her up.

Welli dear u want mo Rice??. . but no Meat o grin
Re: What Is The Difference Between Love And Like by evilmia(f): 12:16am On Jun 13, 2008
Love is an intense feeling that develops over time, you feel it in every fiber of your being, and it is the best feeling in the whole wide world, when you say you love somebody, you have them for the being that they are, their good side as well their flaws, wink
Re: What Is The Difference Between Love And Like by uspry1(f): 12:33am On Jun 13, 2008
I AM BAAACCCCKKKKK!!! check existing threads at below:

Difference Between 'Love' and 'Like'
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-259.0.html

Difference Between Love and Romance
www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-714.0.html

What Is The Difference Between Love And Infatuation
www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-8476.0.html
Re: What Is The Difference Between Love And Like by Nobody: 12:34am On Jun 13, 2008
uspry where have u been? smiley
Re: What Is The Difference Between Love And Like by 4Him1(m): 12:35am On Jun 13, 2008
Chineke, uspry is really back. grin
Re: What Is The Difference Between Love And Like by acidrop(f): 12:37am On Jun 13, 2008
like is less serious than love, u can like a friend, bt when it come 2 love, u cant do whitout seeing that person for one day
Re: What Is The Difference Between Love And Like by uspry1(f): 1:04am On Jun 13, 2008
jennykadry:

uspry where have u been? smiley

Gone to Mars away from romance sections---i got myself groove back to Earth seeing extra moderators that make me happy safe back here, MORE SECURITY!!!!! grin grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Women,Their Real Men And Their Freedom / Is It Worth Fighting/killing Over A Girl / Should I Date This Girl?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.