Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,788 members, 7,820,758 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:02 PM

Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Owners Meet Here... - Phones (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Owners Meet Here... (25589 Views)

My Infinix X600 Note 2 Jst Arrivd From Jumia.hands On Review Follws immdiatly / Infinix Note 2 Has Been Launched! / HTC G2 (Android Phone) Owners Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Owners Meet Here... by Nobody: 5:47pm On Aug 03, 2014
danthamccoy: Anybody got one for sale? I have erm, 40k.
go to olx....got mine 35k
Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Owners Meet Here... by danthamccoy(m): 8:33am On Aug 05, 2014
austino71: go to olx....got mine 35k
Fo' real? Thanks boss.
Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Owners Meet Here... by bootstrap(m): 7:33pm On Aug 06, 2014
Hi.. sup guys, I use a note 2 also, been using it since 2012 like a mnth after it was released. I can authoritatively say its one of the best phones I ever used, and I still do recommend it to whoever wnts to go for it

On a different note, the note 4 and iphone 6 are to be realeased in just a little over a mnth, I think both phones wld be mad. SGN 4, I believe is coming with a new design (was disappointed in note 3... I cldnt justify an upgrade).

Anyways, sgn2 users, do u see urself upgrading to note 4?

For me....Even without much to go by, I am really excited for september. If they pull another S5 stunt tho (not up to expectation) then I am officially done with sammy and embracing the iphone 6, atleast I am quite certain that wld hv premium build, with the bigger screen fulfilling all my fantasies.
Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Owners Meet Here... by Nobody: 8:12pm On Aug 07, 2014
plz guys do note 2 have casing. ...cuz wanna change mine!!!?
Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Owners Meet Here... by Rogbese(m): 6:49pm On Aug 08, 2014
bootstrap: Hi.. sup guys, I use a note 2 also, been using it since 2012 like a mnth after it was released. I can authoritatively say its one of the best phones I ever used, and I still do recommend it to whoever wnts to go for it

On a different note, the note 4 and iphone 6 are to be realeased in just a little over a mnth, I think both phones wld be mad. SGN 4, I believe is coming with a new design (was disappointed in note 3... I cldnt justify an upgrade).

Anyways, sgn2 users, do u see urself upgrading to note 4?

For me....Even without much to go by, I am really excited for september. If they pull another S5 stunt tho (not up to expectation) then I am officially done with sammy and embracing the iphone 6, atleast I am quite certain that wld hv premium build, with the bigger screen fulfilling all my fantasies.

You're very correct. The Note3 was a big letdown for me too. Just couldn't justify the upgrade. What made it even harder is the fact that I'm running note 3 software on my note 2. I'm waiting for the note 4. I'll be all over it like white on rice! Unless they mess it up sha o!!!
Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Owners Meet Here... by lilclin(m): 6:22pm On Aug 09, 2014
How to know an original Note 2?
Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Owners Meet Here... by lilclin(m): 7:11pm On Aug 09, 2014
Lexusgs:

While you are still with the seller, download 'phone info Samsung' from the playstore and run a refurbishment check.
what if the seller doesn't agree? And how do i confirm if it's genuine with the app
Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Owners Meet Here... by lilclin(m): 11:50pm On Aug 09, 2014
Lexusgs:

If the seller is selling a genuine product, he or she should have no problem in you testing the device.
Once you finish downloading the app, just open the app and it would run a scan. Also click on settings, then refurbishment check, it would also further confirm product.
thanks man.. Used it to check a friends S4 and it turned out to be refurbished
Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Owners Meet Here... by undisputed25(m): 8:48am On Aug 10, 2014
lilclin: thanks man.. Used it to check a friends S4 and it turned out to be refurbished
Pls what are the disadvantages of refurbished phone ? And pls who wanna sell his fairly used note 2 I goodly need it now
Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Owners Meet Here... by lilclin(m): 10:04am On Aug 10, 2014
undisputed25:
Pls what are the disadvantages of refurbished phone ? And pls who wanna sell his fairly used note 2 I goodly need it now

refurbished means that it's not genuine.. China
Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Owners Meet Here... by lilclin(m): 11:32am On Aug 10, 2014
Lexusgs:

Did your friend realise this before you did the check? It might be helpful for others, if you can post a snapshot of the message.
after clicking on refurbished Check.. It said 'it looks like your phone is a refurbished Samsung Galaxy S4'
Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Owners Meet Here... by lilclin(m): 12:03pm On Aug 10, 2014
Lexusgs:

What about the other spec sheet, did it tally?
nah.. That one was written made in Vietnam
Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Owners Meet Here... by lilclin(m): 12:29pm On Aug 10, 2014
Lexusgs:

In 2013,Samsung invested and shifted some of its manufacturing to Vietnam. If the spec sheet does not also tally with original specifications of the S4, your guess is as good as mine.
but can the app be trusted?
Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Owners Meet Here... by Rogbese(m): 7:44am On Aug 12, 2014
lilclin: refurbished means that it's not genuine.. China

This is actually not true. A refurbished device is an original that has been repaired and put back on sale stating the fact that it is refurbished. But in Nigeria, we take refurbished to mean fake, not original. This is actually a clone. As has been mentioned, a clone is a copy of an original. When it comes to electronics, it usually means an inferior copy.

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Owners Meet Here... by BetaTechnicians: 8:42am On Aug 12, 2014
Rogbese:

This is actually not true. A refurbished device is an original that has been repaired and put back on sale stating the fact that it is refurbished. But in Nigeria, we take refurbished to mean fake, not original. This is actually a clone. As has been mentioned, a clone is a copy of an original. When it comes to electronics, it usually means an inferior copy.
Refurbished doesn't mean an inferior copy...
Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Owners Meet Here... by lilclin(m): 3:17am On Aug 13, 2014
Rogbese:

what's the difference between refurbished and Clone? It's still the same thing.. Like my friends S4.. The app said it was refurbished but it has some good specs.. 6.sometging gb for apps and almost 10gb phone storage .1.2gb ram
Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Owners Meet Here... by lilclin(m): 5:01am On Aug 13, 2014
Lexusgs:

Best to post snapshots of results. Once results are seen, people can deduce, if it's a clone or original. As for refurbished phones, another story.
Refurbished phones in the context is better than clone, but refurbished phones, in the Nigerian interpretation in some quarters, means clone.
Ok, I will post screenshots when i see the guy again.. But can refurbished or clone Samsung receive Ota updates? I'm not interested in the S4.. I'm interested in the note 2 and hopefully i will spot the the genuine one when buying.. Buying from olx.. Emekos Nigeria limited.. 40k

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Owners Meet Here... by Lexusgs430: 5:36am On Aug 13, 2014
lilclin: Ok, I will post screenshots when i see the guy again.. But can refurbished or clone Samsung receive Ota updates? I'm not interested in the S4.. I'm interested in the note 2 and hopefully i will spot the the genuine one when buying.. Buying from olx.. Emekos Nigeria limited.. 40k

Refurbished Samsungs(in the true context of refurbished, will receive OTA updates, but clone samsungs (not unless chickens grow teeth or tooth).
Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Owners Meet Here... by lilclin(m): 11:18am On Aug 13, 2014
Lexusgs430:

Refurbished Samsungs(in the true context of refurbished, will receive OTA updates, but clone samsungs (not unless chickens grow teeth or tooth).
lol
Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Owners Meet Here... by Rogbese(m): 2:57pm On Aug 15, 2014
BetaTechnicians:
Refurbished doesn't mean an inferior copy...

If u read my post properly u will notice that I did not in any way say refurbished means inferior copy. I said clones in electronics in the Nigerian context means inferior copy...
Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Owners Meet Here... by Rogbese(m): 3:01pm On Aug 15, 2014
lilclin: what's the difference between refurbished and Clone? It's still the same thing.. Like my friends S4.. The app said it was refurbished but it has some good specs.. 6.sometging gb for apps and almost 10gb phone storage .1.2gb ram

Refurbished and cloned are not the same thing. A refurbished device is an ORIGINAL product that has some defects that has been repaired by the OEM and put back on sale. A clone is an attempt to copy a product but almost always with lower quality components. Thats why most "chinko" phones have mediatek processors compared to qualcom.
Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Owners Meet Here... by Rogbese(m): 3:02pm On Aug 15, 2014
Lexusgs430:

Yes o! Chickens will grow teeth and pigs will fly!!!
Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Owners Meet Here... by Nobody: 10:44am On Aug 16, 2014
THE NEW SAMSUNG TELEGRAM GROUP CHAT IS NOW OPEN TO ALL SAMSUNG GALAXY
USERS....IF YOU NEED HELP ON YOUR SAMSUNG TWEAKING AND PORTING STUFF JUST
DROP YOUR NUMBER WE GONNA ADD YOU!!!!!!!!!....NB:plz it's open to all samsung
users!!! TELEGRAM ONLY
Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Owners Meet Here... by Nnamsco4real: 11:14am On Aug 16, 2014
austino71: THE NEW SAMSUNG TELEGRAM GROUP CHAT IS NOW OPEN TO ALL SAMSUNG GALAXY
USERS....IF YOU NEED HELP ON YOUR SAMSUNG TWEAKING AND PORTING STUFF JUST
DROP YOUR NUMBER WE GONNA ADD YOU!!!!!!!!!....NB:plz it's open to all samsung
users!!!

Hi, add

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Unboxing Pictures Of The Tecno Phonepad 3 / Dangers Of Connecting To Free Wi-fi Networks / Gionee Pioneer P2 Rooting And Development

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.