Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:19 AM

Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ - Music/Radio (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ (24846 Views)

Mode9 Is Not The Dopest Rapper In Nigera. / M.i.'s Emancipation - Should Mode9 And Ruggedman Hang Their Boots? / Germs: Mode9's Diss Trak2hiphop Sellouts Rugged N Sauce? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by thegoodjoehunt(m): 9:06pm On Aug 18, 2013
Dopestfiend:

you need to go get a copy of the nine's bios ands get to know this dude. All your rants is bulls mehn am very sure you know nothing about the mod how many nigerian musician can do anything near elbow room in hiphop. Go get a session listening to black rap messiah or a copy of the e'plurubus unum album. Yoiu and many of your low lifers cant decode line like ''atomic number 47 am ag figure that out if you able while be breaking breath around the periodic table''

So you want people on the streets to be listening to the atomic numbers rap? Mode should make hit records and not tracks. Why do you think Jigga won the grammy with hard knock life?
Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by FreeGlobe(f): 9:07pm On Aug 18, 2013
coogar:

and yet nigerians listen to eminem, immortal technique, big L, kurupt, canibus, etc. let me have what you are smoking, mate. the nigerians with the mental capacity to decipher hardcore raps don't think mode9 is good enough to even pioneer such art in nigeria.

modenine lacks substance!
Damn, you can't be that ignorant. when I say Nigerians here, I mean a greater %. And u seem to underrate mode9. If he is not good to pioneer such art in Nigeria who is good then? lets debate it. I don't care about the so called Nigerian rappers because first, they are not innovative, dont't beef/battle for publicity, not current etc but if people like vector, mode9 and pherosious or so get half the publicity clowns like dbanj, iceprince and wizkid are getting, they would have gone far internationally.
Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by Nobody: 9:07pm On Aug 18, 2013
THE THING IS MODE 9 THINKS NIGERIANS DONT KNO HIP HOP(BIG FAT LIE) SO HE CONTINEOSELY N ERRONEOUSLY TRY TO SCHOOL US.HE DOES KRS ONE STYlE OF RAP THEN HE DOES IT IN MONOTONE.NIGERIA S NOT BACKWARDS IN HIPHIP ITS JUST THAT HIP HOP IS DEAD AS NAS SAID...AMERICAN REAL RAPPERS DO BOUNCE MUSIC WIT COMMERCIAL CHORUS N BE SUCCESSFUL...PIPIS LIKE MODE DONT FOCUS ON HOOKS OR CHORUS HE BE CYPHERN RAP PUNCH LiNES WIT METAPHORS...SO MODE SHLD STOP pUNCHLINES N METHAPHORS AND START WRITING CHORUS WIT MELODY...LEST I FORGET MUSIC S BIZNESS N ALSO CHANGE IS INEVITABLE...SO BRODA MODE UR CHORUS SHLD BE MELODIC AND SWEET NOT ANODA SHORT RAP BARS...SHIKENA. PLS LIKE IF U SMELL SIMPLE TRUTH

2 Likes

Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by Nobody: 9:07pm On Aug 18, 2013
Modenine, you still remain tha boss of naija rap to me and yo fans. Juss keep doing what you do man..u aint a commercial rapper. you have fans who appreciates your music. Look at Nas he aint worth mucch but he is respekted and loved by all true fans of real hip-hop. wetin go make me listen to all dis fake rappers wey dey make noise...when there is real rappers like KRS1, Rakim Allah, Nas, CANIBUS---the most aggresive MC alive, Redman, Wu-Tang, killah priest, mobb deep, common, Lupe fiasco. Be yo self in whatever you are doing oohh....abeg make i hear ROCKWILDA - Methodman and Redman.
Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by coogar: 9:08pm On Aug 18, 2013
Dopestfiend:
you need a lobotomy asap to cure your re.tardness from infancy. You gat all modo works and you still goof on a modo one liner.

i reiterate, you are a tomfool!
your IQ must be a single digit to think modenine has bars. modenine has no pen game. you tools don't even know what real rap is, you just follow modenine like sheep and believe the nonsense that comes out of his mouth.

Go sell your hateriod lines to your fellow ninnies.
Dont just mention intellect modo is way off any rapper in black africa. Since you are not well schooled i dont expect you to decode lines talking about academic subject matter. Its like explaining rock science to a bus conductor.

i would lecture you and modenine about rapping....
did modenine not spit jupiter was bigger than a star? grin you call that rap? modenine has no technique - no multis, wordplay and punchlines are substandard.......matter of fact, he has no style at all. post modenine's best lyrics and i would pick out his flaws for you to see....

the same modenine that still rhymes with one syllable? lolololol - better tell your mentor to find another job - he can start driving dangote trucks. that nigga is about 47 and he's still deluded to think what he does is rap? you and modenine need deliverance.
Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by thegoodjoehunt(m): 9:10pm On Aug 18, 2013
Dopestfiend:

he is doing an interview and spewing his minds on ish. To y'all modo isnt broke he drives a decent car and domicile in an highbrow in lagos. If his nokia deal no beans, he just did an advert for guiness of late, how many of your wacksters gat all this.

I guess you have them and Mode made more money than Tuface and D'Banj.
Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by aieromon(m): 9:13pm On Aug 18, 2013
Where is javalove when you need him?

#nowplaying RuggedMan Mode9 skit
Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by coogar: 9:14pm On Aug 18, 2013
FreeGlobe:
Damn, you can't be that ignorant. when I say Nigerians here, I mean a greater %. And u seem to underrate mode9. If he is not good to pioneer such art in Nigeria who is good then? lets debate it. I don't care about the so called Nigerian rappers because first, they are not innovative, dont't beef/battle for publicity, not current etc but if people like vector, mode9 and pherosious or so get half the publicity clowns like dbanj, iceprince and wizkid are getting, they would have gone far internationally.

first all, rap is an art - not everyone is blessed to touch the art at the level modenine wants us to believe. underground rap is about excellent penmanship and a vast knowledge base.

i am sorry, modenine does not possess any of these qualities. d'banj, wizkid, ice prince are commercial rappers just like you have lil wayne, gucci mane or soulja boy in america. you can be a hardcore rapper and still be very relevant - modenine must look for that formular instead of whinging.....
Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by Shekson(m): 9:14pm On Aug 18, 2013
I luv mode 9 and Gino for their hardcore lyrics. However, I purchase albums of Vector, М̤̣̲̣̥̈̇.I, Ice Prince, Olamide, Phenom. Mode 9 had beta learn. The best rappers I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ Africa are voted from audience appeal. Sarkodie and Ice Prince are getting MTV and BET awards not because they are hardcore, but rather because they are commercial not just I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ their country but also across the continent. Nigeria can't export Mode 9. We need commercial artistes to export.
Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by jimjones: 9:14pm On Aug 18, 2013
farkin arrogant douchebag, this modenine is, aint he? i've always maintained that this guy is irrelevant. he and his dickriding fans have an unrealistic/exaggerated sense of his "talent"(and i use that word loosely). if he's not jacking jay-z's song cry or girls girls girls, he's whining about x, y, or z. farkin immature person! i remember how he responded when he was asked 'what his opinion was on the 50cent/idris abdulkareem beef'. his response was not only juvenile, it was retаrded.

mr modenine, nigerians have heard your bs rap songs, and most of them couldn't give a fuсk even if they tried! i triple dare you to send your records to kings of hardcore rap like the wutang clan or jedi mind tricks or....fuсk it, name your pick....let's see if any one of them would even consider collaborating with yo weakаss. the world has moved on from wherever the fuсk you think you're at. run along now, charleh...go write another arsenal song...or put out a 40-track album. your dickriders would sure appreciate that!
Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by FreeGlobe(f): 9:16pm On Aug 18, 2013
Rappers in the US used to face this problem of mass acceptance initially but today hip hop is the best selling genre in the US through sheer creativity and hardwork. Nigerian rappers are lazy man, they can't rap too.

2 Likes

Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by Okuda(m): 9:19pm On Aug 18, 2013
coogar:

mode-9 was trying to shift the blame on the consumers whereas he's not even good at his trade.

bwahahahahahahahaa!!!!! grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by Dopestfiend: 9:19pm On Aug 18, 2013
FreeGlobe:

my man stop minding that sissy. He is definitely high on goat shyte nobody in his lineage can come up with anything as half as good like modo wackest work. This guy sick ni using really subject to come up with punchline and metaphors i give up on his st.upidity.
Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by FreeGlobe(f): 9:19pm On Aug 18, 2013
Shekson: I luv mode 9 and Gino for their hardcore lyrics. However, I purchase albums of Vector, М̤̣̲̣̥̈̇.I, Ice Prince, Olamide, Phenom. Mode 9 had beta learn. The best rappers I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ Africa are voted from audience appeal. Sarkodie and Ice Prince are getting MTV and BET awards not because they are hardcore, but rather because they are commercial not just I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ their country but also across the continent. Nigeria can't export Mode 9. We need commercial artistes to export.
Nonsense, that's why Nigeria music is where it is. 0 substance. The commercial artists (dbanj, wizkid) you exported, where are they internationally today?
Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by papi365: 9:21pm On Aug 18, 2013
Arcard: olodo weda u like am or nt ur mod 0 wont pul crowd mo dan him
PHYNO GHOST MODE,WHAT IS IT ALL ABOUT? SECONDLY WAT MSG IS E PASSIN OUT 2U? IF U CAN ANSWER MY QUESTIONS DEN I WIL KNOW DAT U RE NT A CRAK.
Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by Nobody: 9:22pm On Aug 18, 2013
FreeGlobe: Rappers in the US used to face this problem of mass acceptance initially but today hip hop is the best selling genre in the US through sheer creativity and hardwork. Nigerian rappers are lazy man, they can't rap too.

naija rappers don't read and make researches like some few american rappers like Rass Kasciano, nas, canibus.
Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by coogar: 9:22pm On Aug 18, 2013
FreeGlobe: Rappers in the US used to face this problem of mass acceptance initially but today hip hop is the best selling genre in the US through sheer creativity and hardwork. Nigerian rappers are lazy man, they can't rap too.

finally, you can see the light.....
Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by Baddestguyp(m): 9:22pm On Aug 18, 2013
iyke926: [color=#990000][/color]

Modenine, you still remain tha boss of naija rap to me and yo fans. Juss keep doing what you do man..u aint a commercial rapper. you have fans who appreciates your music. Look at Nas he aint worth mucch but he is respekted and loved by all true fans of real hip-hop. wetin go make me listen to all dis fake rappers wey dey make noise...when real rappers like KRS1, Rakim Allah, Nas, CANIBUS---the most aggresive MC alive, Redman, Wu-Tang, killah priest, mobb deep, common, Lupe fiasco and me sef still dey rap. Be yo self in whatever you are doing oohh....abeg make i hear ROCKWILDA - Methodman and Redman.
u're advicing him to continue wit his style cos u're nt in his position. In fact u r nt a true fan of his. If u were, u would advice him 2 change his rap style b4 he dies of poverty grin Thats hw he'll kip telling his poverty-stricken children n grandchildren dat "hiphop is dead"

2 Likes

Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by thegoodjoehunt(m): 9:23pm On Aug 18, 2013
coogar:

and yet nigerians listen to eminem, immortal technique, big L, kurupt, canibus, etc. let me have what you are smoking, mate. the nigerians with the mental capacity to decipher hardcore raps don't think mode9 is good enough to even pioneer such art in nigeria.

modenine lacks substance!

When people see others advicing Mode, they feel others don't know hip hop. Please, my nickname was once Nas, because of my obsession of Nas' Stillmatic album. I used to blast Talib and Hi tek - train of thought
I was listrning to K. Dot, Ya Boy, Cyssero (RockStar) when they were in their teens. I blasted, Self Scientific tapes, Pitch Black tapes, Freddie Foxx, even PoNoMo of Sweden. Many of Papoose tape including $1,000,000 man.

I reside in PH and was surrounded by many hip hop heads before you think they were only in Lag.

Yet I beleive Mode should look at Common switching to do go with Kanye. Twista doing Slow Jams with Kanye blew Twista. Twista lovely day ft. Anthony Hamilton was a commercial success.

If real heads can switch, how is making no hits mean keeping it real.
Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by thegoodjoehunt(m): 9:26pm On Aug 18, 2013
Dopestfiend:

you need a lobotomy asap to cure your re.tardness from infancy. You gat all modo works and you still goof on a modo one liner.

Go sell your hateriod lines to your fellow ninnies.
Dont just mention intellect modo is way off any rapper in black africa. Since you are not well schooled i dont expect you to decode lines talking about academic subject matter. Its like explaining rocket science to a bus conductor.
Yet Mode wants conductors to buy it.

2 Likes

Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by FreeGlobe(f): 9:26pm On Aug 18, 2013
coogar:

first all, rap is an art - not everyone is blessed to touch the art at the level modenine wants us to believe. underground rap is about excellent penmanship and a vast knowledge base.

i am sorry, modenine does not possess any of these qualities. d'banj, wizkid, ice prince are commercial rappers just like you have lil wayne, gucci mane or soulja boy in america. you can be a hardcore rapper and still be very relevant - modenine must look for that formular instead of whinging.....
whereas Gucci mane, soulja boy etc don't rule the airwaves in america, dbanj, wiz kid and ice prince do in Nigeria. And lil Wayne may be commercial but definitely not wack. If you don't acknowledge vector and mode 9 as good rappers in their own right then you know nothing about rap. mode 9 may have made some nonsense songs in the past like that Arsenal garbage but he can hold his own. I think vector is #1 in Nigeria tho
Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by Dopestfiend: 9:26pm On Aug 18, 2013
Fola bring in load of music talents to her open mic friday every week. Same story nigerians dont appreciate our music. But they all appreciate some bunch of failed noise makers is anybody wondering why the country is in the woods. Even this shytehead that listen to all this gabbage turn it off when there kids comes around with all the x-rated wordings and meaningless lingua.

1 Like

Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by FreeGlobe(f): 9:28pm On Aug 18, 2013
coogar:

finally, you can see the light.....
mode9, vector, pherowsious exception. lol
Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by coogar: 9:29pm On Aug 18, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:
When people see others advicing Mode, they feel others don't know hip hop. Please, my nickname was once Nas, because of my obsession of Nas' Stillmatic album. I used to blast Talib and Hi tek - train of thought

I was listrning to K. Dot, Ya Boy, Cyssero (RockStar) when they were in their teens. I blasted, Self Scientific tapes, Pitch Black tapes, Freddie Foxx, even PoNoMo of Sweden. Many of Papoose tape including $1,000,000 man.

I reside in PH and was surrounded by many hip hop heads before you think they were only in Lag.

Yet I beleive Mode should look at Common switching to do go with Kanye. Twista doing Slow Jams with Kanye blew Twista. Twista lovely day ft. Anthony Hamilton was a commercial success.

If real heads can't switch, how is making no hits mean keeping it real.

you are very correct.....
i actually think this is an insult on the rap fans in nigeria and modenine should apologise. it's a travesty for him to think we don't appreciate his art. yes, hardcore rap does not have the same popularity like the commercial rap but it's the same everywhere in the world. he must find a balance between the two. wu-tang, redman, rakim, krs-one all carved a niche for themselves in this very art - why can't modenine do the same?

FreeGlobe:
mode9, vector, pherowsious exception. lol

i don't know the others but personally, i don't think anyone can spit in nigeria. MI is very good at what he does though but he's not a thorough-bred hardcore rapper.

FreeGlobe:
whereas Gucci mane, soulja boy etc don't rule the airwaves in america, dbanj, wiz kid and ice prince do in Nigeria. And lil Wayne may be commercial but definitely not wack. If you don't acknowledge vector and mode 9 as good rappers in their own right then you know nothing about rap. mode 9 may have made some nonsense songs in the past like that Arsenal garbage but he can hold his own. I think vector is #1 in Nigeria tho

they all do - they get more airplay than the average hardcore rapper. what they do is commercial - they basically do music that appeals to everyone - bubblegum rap. lil wayne is very wack.......who is lil wayne in the comity of rappers?

modenine can hold his own where? in nigeria? yes - and that's because he's the only one pioneering that particular art of hardcore. would he get any respect in the UK or in the US? i doubt it.
Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by Nobody: 9:30pm On Aug 18, 2013
Rap hip-hop amplifies gangster culture in the u.s....no gangstars in Nigeria,we have agberos and they like their pasuma and k1 blasting their fuji..how many nigerians even listen to hardcore foreign rappers like dre,master p,nate dogg again? Oga,blend like dagrin,m.i and naeto c before hunger quench you.

3 Likes

Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by Dopestfiend: 9:37pm On Aug 18, 2013
coogar:

you are very correct.....
i actually think this is an insult on the rap fans in nigeria and modenine should apologise. it's a travesty for him to think we don't appreciate his art. yes, hardcore rap does not have the same popularity like the commercial rap but it's the same everywhere in the world. he must find a balance between the two. wu-tang, redman, rakim, krs-one all carved a niche for themselves in this very art - why can't modenine do the same?

bros you are delude, you appreciate krs one, rakimollah,talib, wu tang clang et al and you still think modo is wack. Which of your naija artist come close to sounding and repping the game like this guys. You need to be mace ph state assembly styled.
Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by thegoodjoehunt(m): 9:37pm On Aug 18, 2013
I am like a brand new footmat,
I have never tasted defeat (the feet) cheesy
....Mode 9.
coogar:

i reiterate, you are a tomfool!
your IQ must be a single digit to think modenine has bars. modenine has no pen game. you tools don't even know what real rap is, you just follow modenine like sheep and believe the nonsense that comes out of his mouth.

i would lecture you and modenine about rapping....
did modenine not spit jupiter was bigger than a star? grin you call that rap? modenine has no technique - no multis, wordplay and punchlines are substandard.......matter of fact, he has no style at all. post modenine's best lyrics and i would pick out his flaws for you to see....

the same modenine that still rhymes with one syllable? lolololol - better tell your mentor to find another job - he can start driving dangote trucks. that nigga is about 47 and he's still deluded to think what he does is rap? you and modenine need deliverance.
Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by micki83(m): 9:41pm On Aug 18, 2013
jim jones: farkin arrogant douchebag, this modenine is, aint he? i've always maintained that this guy is irrelevant. he and his dickriding fans have an unrealistic/exaggerated sense of his "talent"(and i use that word loosely). if he's not jacking jay-z's song cry or girls girls girls, he's whining about x, y, or z. farkin immature person! i remember how he responded when he was asked 'what his opinion was on the 50cent/idris abdulkareem beef'. his response was not only juvenile, it was retаrded.

mr modenine, nigerians have heard your bs rap songs, and most of them couldn't give a fuсk even if they tried! i triple dare you to send your records to kings of hardcore rap like the wutang clan or jedi mind tricks or....fuсk it, name your pick....let's see if any one of them would even consider collaborating with yo weakаss. the world has moved on from wherever the fuсk you think you're at. run along now, charleh...go write another arsenal song...or put out a 40-track album. your dickriders would sure appreciate that!
Pls bro(un-related to d topic,by d way); how did u spell "f.uck" in ur post,without being nabbed by nairaland's auto-dirty-word-censor?(Anticipating ur response;tnx )

2 Likes

Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by thegoodjoehunt(m): 9:41pm On Aug 18, 2013
coogar:

I'm in the laboratory now,
I'm doing chemistry (cooking drugs),
I can't lie,
Me and money got a chemistry...Gucci Mane.

Please leave Gucci alone.
Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by sylaz(m): 9:41pm On Aug 18, 2013
Y'ALL HEARD OF KHALI ABDU? smiley
Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by coogar: 9:42pm On Aug 18, 2013
thegoodjoehunt: I am like a brand new footmat,
I have never tasted defeat (the feet) cheesy

see weak wordplay.....this is what modestans hang on to and declare modenine is a lyricist.

Dopestfiend:
bros you are delude, you appreciate krs one, rakimollah,talib, wu tang clang et al and you still think modo is wack. Which of your naija artist come close to sounding and repping the game like this guys. You need to be mace ph state assembly styled.

shut the fück up, you homoerotic peasant....
i have already told you no nigerian rapper can touch the art. hardcore rap requires a vast knowledge and the pen game of the highest quality.

majority of our rappers still can't rhyme beyond 2 syllables - many still rhyme with one syllable and that's what you want to kill yourself about. i would rather buy an eminem album than modenine - i cannot learn anything from modenine.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Why Does It Not Matter When It’s Davido? / Burna Boy Bags Grammy Award Nomination For Best Album. / Remembering Dr Sir Warrior: Oriental Brothers- Nwanne Awu Enyi

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.