Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,840 members, 7,810,237 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:24 AM

Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ - Music/Radio (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ (24823 Views)

Mode9 Is Not The Dopest Rapper In Nigera. / M.i.'s Emancipation - Should Mode9 And Ruggedman Hang Their Boots? / Germs: Mode9's Diss Trak2hiphop Sellouts Rugged N Sauce? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by dj5naira(m): 4:11pm On Aug 19, 2013
flexingsly: broda forget dat tin. r u a learner. we knw u r gud bt your punchlines dnt bring dough! switch ur styl up. oya turn up

Now playing >> Mode9 ft Nnena - Cry (Instrumental) <<

*sobs heavily*
Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by decepticos(m): 5:14pm On Aug 19, 2013
wow i came late
Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by Flygerian1(m): 5:22pm On Aug 19, 2013
Glamourogo: Who then are these few people Mode 9 is referring to?
Me, no. 1
Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by Flygerian1(m): 5:32pm On Aug 19, 2013
Maximus85:
Even the american HardCore Hiphop rappers get dance tracks.... Tupac, Biggy, snoop Dog/Lion, Ice cube, Dmx, JayZ, Nas etc. Stay there and be blowing grammar. Hunger to turn u to Mode Zero.
Hahahahahahahahahahaha.... Dis guy don finish me, lol. U say hunger go turn am to Mode wetin? grin

1 Like

Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by Youngs(m): 6:22pm On Aug 19, 2013
Nuzo':
I love and patronize your music. However, most Nigerians don't always have the energy to be listening to songs with big grammar...and when they garner the energy, they go for Talib, common, Mos Def and even Nas.
So, instead of the big grammar thing...they deecided to pitch tent with the likes of Phyno the Fino, Olamide, Raw, Ajasa and co. These guys rap about almost everything you rap about. Difference is they do it with understandable languages.

And sir, if you are too proud to go a bit commercial....at least do more of that kind of 'CRY' song. It worked!

i totally agree wit u
Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by baslone: 6:26pm On Aug 19, 2013
We prefer

Shakaboomboom, nah wetin i see....

Haaba........habatically

Ur grammer.... Nah for ur dictionary
Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by baslone: 6:30pm On Aug 19, 2013
sucess001: Imagine a yoruba singer singing yoruba and wonderin y americans are not buying his album.

Imagine another person saying the americans are not buying becos they are ntellectually wack.

Mode...if you cant produce a song to communicate with your peeps..then go back to music school...

Make him look ghetto p sef...
The dude don change style
Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by Nobody: 7:27pm On Aug 19, 2013
I love rap music, but I'v neva liked Mode9....not dat I hate him but I seriously think he isn't doing enough. Vector is better for me. I am a nigerian...but I think SARKODIE of ghana is the best when it comes to rap.
Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by Nobody: 8:03pm On Aug 19, 2013
Modenine doesn't really knw sh*t. Every rapper wants to dig dip down to rap. But as a rapper, to be successful, u have to be but commercial and inspirational. It's like that all over the world.
Let us analyze the hardcore rappers we have. 2 pac.... For every "I aint mad atcha" we have a "California Love". Nas.. For every "N.I.G.G.E.R" we have "Hero ft keri hilson." Modenine should learn to be both commercial and inspirational in the same album or he will go hungry. It is human nature. We don't want to dance everytime. We also don't want to think too deep everytime. Life is a balance. On to the pple calling one music Real hip hop and another kind "unreal hip hop" they shud take a hike. Music is an art that is meant to be appreciated and once your audience are not feeling you whether you're doing "real" hiphop or not then you music is a waste.

1 Like

Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by leggo: 8:53pm On Aug 19, 2013
harkindele: I love rap music, but I'v neva liked Mode9....not dat I hate him but I seriously think he isn't doing enough. Vector is better for me. I am a nigerian...but I think SARKODIE of ghana is the best when it comes to rap.
you were making sense, then you said sarkodie

1 Like

Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by MuyiGL: 9:07pm On Aug 19, 2013
Jamji: Please who has mode 9 "elbow room". Abeg help.

Go here boss:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJKGM2Byuko
Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by LBT: 10:41pm On Aug 19, 2013
Modee is missing the point; rap is from the heart and should be related to your environment, people relate to what gives them inspiration, hope or what make them remember their past not modee rapping 93 style rap in 2013! I like mode but he just gat to up his game: though am good at rapping and people keep urging me for years to give it a try but i prefer my full time job: every true hard core rapper make sure they modernise their lyrics and rhyme to suite trends and time that's where you always see some american super star rappers fading out after some time and new ones coming on top because of new style and flow. An artist can never force people to buy his/her album because if that artist is good then he/she is good and people buy the album; one or two tracks can make a rapper sell millions of albums, so mode you gat to work also on your voice cos an artist voice is also a selling point; lastly, wearing timberland, baggy jeans, up and down jeans in a hot environment, head gears doesn't make you a rapper or a better rapper, check out what american, british and other rappers spot on and you will know you're still in the early 90's . Do. Hard core rap that people can relate with not using physics, dictionary or sciences to rap as if people still have time to crack their head instead of people being excited. Modee, Cry made you more popular but you never followed it up.
Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by Akiika: 11:02pm On Aug 19, 2013
Very funny, i didn't realise i have to buy and listen to the music the artiste like NOT what i want, olodo. Who even defined the music genres sef, was it carved in stone. You better soji and sing wetin people wan hear.
Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by mikuz(m): 11:08pm On Aug 19, 2013
Glamourogo: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘Type Of Rap’. Babatunde Olusegun a.k.a mode 9 went all emotional on hotfm’s breakfast radio show with TuTu Adeoba and Cheezy Charles on his type of non-commercial rap, he re-affirms that he can never change his type of rap to suit an audience and decries neglect on his type of rap’

‘I put out a whole album nobody cared’
‘A whole 20 track album ‘alphabetical order’ nobody gave a f**k’
‘You see how the industry is’ how do you expect me to feel?
‘Nigerians don’t like hip hop they only follow the hype, they don’t even know what it is’
I only cater for my real fans; I don’t really care about the fair weather, band wagon jumpers
‘I cater for my fans and they are feeling it’ i have put up too much effort in promotion of my materials’
‘It’s just some certain people in their minds feeling that am not doing well’

Who then are these few people Mode 9 is referring to?

http://glamourogo..com/2013/08/mode9-cries-out-on-neglect-of-his-type.html
Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by mikuz(m): 11:09pm On Aug 19, 2013
Glamourogo: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘Type Of Rap’. Babatunde Olusegun a.k.a mode 9 went all emotional on hotfm’s breakfast radio show with TuTu Adeoba and Cheezy Charles on his type of non-commercial rap, he re-affirms that he can never change his type of rap to suit an audience and decries neglect on his type of rap’

‘I put out a whole album nobody cared’
‘A whole 20 track album ‘alphabetical order’ nobody gave a f**k’
‘You see how the industry is’ how do you expect me to feel?
‘Nigerians don’t like hip hop they only follow the hype, they don’t even know what it is’
I only cater for my real fans; I don’t really care about the fair weather, band wagon jumpers
‘I cater for my fans and they are feeling it’ i have put up too much effort in promotion of my materials’
‘It’s just some certain people in their minds feeling that am not doing well’

Who then are these few people Mode 9 is referring to?

http://glamourogo..com/2013/08/mode9-cries-out-on-neglect-of-his-type.html
Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by Nobody: 12:34am On Aug 20, 2013
taiocol: ma flow is f.ucking ridiculous. Nice track. Hav u heard iceberg slim assasination reply 2 mi
Nah. But the 2 of them did a track 2 gether
Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by Swiftboy(m): 1:31am On Aug 20, 2013
Do you know what pains me most is that noone mention the following rappers: Jesse Jaggs and Snatcha of the Rooftop mcs! Pls go get Jaggs's songs where he actually rap and he's even better than M.i at freestyles {He killed M.I's ish when on Tim westwood}! Check out Snatcha's prowess in a song titled 'ELEnu' in their Minority report album. Back to Mode9, these rappers though hardcore still goes commercial so mode should try to ballance!
Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by papi365: 8:16am On Aug 20, 2013
Suigenerisshegs:
You gotta travel into space to get it.
Truth be told,Mode9 is a joke...He is being flattered with the self acclaimed title of "the best Nigerian rapper' yet he's almost irrelevant. Search for his best songs on google and you'll get no result,Wikipedia doesn't know he exists,he doesn't appear on the lists of artistes companies might sign a deal with.The guy will do himself some good if he has a rethink.
Commercial rap over hardcore rap.
ABEG I LOVE ELBOW ROOM O
Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by Nobody: 8:57am On Aug 20, 2013
leggo:
you were making sense, then you said sarkodie
Agreed, I exaggerated a little, but sarkodie z better than mode9 or vector. #obidi pon bidi cheesy
Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by decepticos(m): 10:25am On Aug 20, 2013
harkindele:
Agreed, I exaggerated a little, but sarkodie z better than mode9 or vector. #obidi pon bidi cheesy
and Jesus wept

1 Like

Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by Lakotai(m): 3:33pm On Aug 20, 2013
Is Nigerian Music Industry a Guess Work?

More debate here... http://lakotai.com/blog/nigerian-music-industry-a-guest-work/
Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by decepticos(m): 4:35pm On Aug 20, 2013
what happened to all the real hiphop heads on nl modenine used to be untouchablr here, well maybe they all got jobs or something.
Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by timecop28: 4:38pm On Aug 20, 2013
Now playing: Tears of pain - Modenine ft Oshosensi
Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by decepticos(m): 6:26pm On Aug 20, 2013
timecop28: Now playing: Tears of pain - Modenine ft Oshosensi
its a tight song like this that makes me respect the 9, and pray more ppl get him, i meab with a line like "if u wanna die then why are u rapping put a rope around your neck lets hear some snapping" and "them no wan die dem just think the image cool, if label got you doing it then you a fool" simple as they look its the how dat matters.

1 Like

Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by Nobody: 8:43pm On Aug 20, 2013
decepticos:
and Jesus wept
meaning
Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by timecop28: 9:06pm On Aug 20, 2013
decepticos:
its a tight song like this that makes me respect the 9, and pray more ppl get him, i meab with a line like "if u wanna die then why are u rapping put a rope around your neck lets hear some snapping" and "them no wan die dem just think the image cool, if label got you doing it then you a fool" simple as they look its the how dat matters.
U sabi. "You must have missed the bus, but imma take you back to school"
When Nine dropped "Pentium IX", there was no naija hard core rap joint that was just as dope as that jam. Every Naija hip-hop head would attest to that.

1 Like

Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by timecop28: 9:42pm On Aug 20, 2013
decepticos:
When Nine dropped "Pentium IX", there was no naija hard core rap joint that was just as dope as that jam. Every Naija real head would attest to that.
Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by Nobody: 10:24pm On Aug 20, 2013
Np. Modenine ft Vector - Zonning Out
Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by ehixking(m): 4:47am On Aug 21, 2013
crisycent: I remember the first time i heard "Lagos State of Mind" on radio, i parked my car, rushed to the nearest music shop to buy his album. It was something really new in Nigeria, i loved the song so much it was on repeat for a couple of days. Although mode9 stole or copied a lot of lyrics from NaS and Fat Joe on that album, it was still good.

Point of correction!!!
In hiphop there is something called" sampling"
That were u are allwoed to use someones vocals but
Bitting is when u steal someones lyrics word for word without quoting or even using the sample of d persons voice

Modenine didn't steal Nas or anybody on pentium IX he only sampled...get it
Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by decepticos(m): 6:27am On Aug 21, 2013
timecop28:
When Nine dropped "Pentium IX", there was no naija hard core rap joint that was just as dope as that jam. Every Naija hip-hop head would attest to that.
for me its "malcom ix" dat mixtape was ill right from the album cover, remember on the lower left corner it had this "lyrical content DONT BITE" rather than the usual explicit content s*it, it was a mad cd men it had 'elbow room' and '2shotz from a nine' on which he featured 2shotz, Mode9 was and is amazing, period.
Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by timecop28: 12:30am On Aug 22, 2013
Gbogbo CD Modenine ni mo ni, hey Baba o!
Won loti pe gan, but oshi nya net bi Falcao
-REMINISCE (Fans mi)

1 Like

Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by decepticos(m): 10:58pm On Aug 23, 2013
wish ppl would just listen to the guy. dats all.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

"Incoming" — P-Square To Release First Song In Five Years (Photo) / Why Does It Not Matter When It’s Davido? / Burna Boy Bags Grammy Award Nomination For Best Album.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.