Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,764 members, 7,809,941 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:34 PM

Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ (24822 Views)

Mode9 Is Not The Dopest Rapper In Nigera. / M.i.'s Emancipation - Should Mode9 And Ruggedman Hang Their Boots? / Germs: Mode9's Diss Trak2hiphop Sellouts Rugged N Sauce? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by Anyi3(m): 7:16pm On Aug 18, 2013
All he needs is a lil more attention
Feature Tonto in ya next album....

2 Likes

Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by 50calibre(m): 7:16pm On Aug 18, 2013
Real talk!! Mode 9 has got to be the most underrated Nigerian rapper, the guy is very good, his lyrics are sublime, his style is so hip hop, yet he hasn't gotten the recognition he deserves.

I think he should focus on the UK rap scene, collaborate with a few rappers like tinnie tempah, sway, wretch 32 and forget about Nigeria, only nonsense sells over there.

2 Likes

Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by Mekky2010: 7:16pm On Aug 18, 2013
Mode9 should change his type of music
To I saw some good post and hot music on this site, they are really doing a good job http://www.naijakings.com/naija-kings-face-of-the-week-nicole-simon-nut_creative/
Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by ajasa4link: 7:19pm On Aug 18, 2013
a fe make owo faster,lase fun won ni commercial. -2shotz.....if modenine still stick to his over sized tee-shirt and timberland boots and his style of music at this age,then am sorry it's ur loss

1 Like

Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by iamdapsyj(m): 7:19pm On Aug 18, 2013
author=coogar]

mode-9 is a complete idiöt....
let him continue to moan and not adapt to the market - the fact is, he's not even good at what he does. eminem does the same type of rap mode-9 is into but he's the most successful rapper out there in terms of album sales.

mode9 should sit down and think of a way his lyricism can appeal to nigerians. if the lyrics have substance, people would listen. if by chance they don't listen, he should relocate to countries where his type of music is appreciated. [/quote]

@coogar u don't have to be aggressive about this issue. Anyway mode9 is a great rapper, he just need to fine tune his sound/beat without it affecting his lines/lyrics......
Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by ba7man(m): 7:20pm On Aug 18, 2013
Most Nigerians like songs they can relate to. There must be a touch of "Nigeria" in a song for them to accept it.

Thank you, Mode9 but i like my Rap "Made in America".....and if its to be "made in Nigeria", come home like Olamide or Phyno.
Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by elari(m): 7:20pm On Aug 18, 2013
We no dey even buy albums again . Na downloading things. So mode baba cu down

1 Like

Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by 50calibre(m): 7:22pm On Aug 18, 2013
thegoodjoehunt: Mode should continue his stuff but find a way to bring the music in. Also he shouldn't always go too hard. Didn't he enjoy himself with Tuface? He shouldn borrow a leaf from Ill Bliss' rhymebook and study Aye Po Gan .

ilbliss is the man, he does it for me.

I remember when aiye po gan dropped, that track was crazy.

1 Like

Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by destino24(m): 7:22pm On Aug 18, 2013
Ehhyaa.... well, nothing concern me concern rap music. Unless he starts composing classical musics of good quality...... the likes of Handel's water music, Beethoven's 9th symphony etc undecided
Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by coogar: 7:22pm On Aug 18, 2013
iamdapsyj:
@coogar u don't have to be aggressive about this issue. Anyway mode9 is a great rapper, he just need to fine tune his sound/beat without it affecting his lines/lyrics......

mode-9 was trying to shift the blame on the consumers whereas he's not even good at his trade.
Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by mascot87(m): 7:24pm On Aug 18, 2013
Good hip hop rapper in a wrong country.
Here we need this man....

[Intro]
See da da da da da
Baby da da da da da da da
Oh oh yeah yeah
You go chop banana
Oh na na na na na na na na
Sexy legs
[Verse 1 (Wizkid)]
See that sexy girl from Ghana
She too fine
One of a kind
I call her sexy nana
Yeah ahhhh
She killing me inside
I can't deny her
Yah yah yah yah
Q-beat dropping instrumentals straight
from Ghana
Yah yah
See I've been killing every show
I've been rocking every party
All the sexy ladies pull up and do the
dirty whine for me
Say I've been killing every show
Everyday I'm getting money
And I wanna spend it all on the girl of
my dreams
And that's you my queen cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by Nobody: 7:25pm On Aug 18, 2013
Dopestfiend:

no need trying to join issues with y'all couple of ninnies just go get the video of the last bet cypher. And go see how modo make all your best nigerian rappers look like couple of apprentice rappers.
Is this Dopefiend??

I agree but I think MI and Mode 9 was better than mediocre.
Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by Nobody: 7:27pm On Aug 18, 2013
Mode 9 is the best 9ja rapper... Buh i prefer made in 9ja music dat suit 9ja like... Mode 9... Better start mixin ur tribe wt your music if dnt wana speak pidgin... Rap wt ur gramma mix it wt yoruba... U're 9jarian and dats wat's obtainable in 9ja as far as hip hop is concern... Try to remix ur old music wt yoruba and use hot beat... And u're gud 2 go

4 Likes

Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by Okuda(m): 7:31pm On Aug 18, 2013
Glamourogo: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘Type Of Rap’. Babatunde Olusegun a.k.a mode 9 went all emotional on hotfm’s breakfast radio show with TuTu Adeoba and Cheezy Charles on his type of non-commercial rap, he re-affirms that he can never change his type of rap to suit an audience and decries neglect on his type of rap’

You are crying abt the neglect on ur type of rap yet you do not want to change it to suit any audience. Niccur suit yourself man...
Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by Nobody: 7:36pm On Aug 18, 2013
coogar:

this is a big lie.....
fact is, mode-9 is not even good at what he does. i can humbly say there are about 5 million fans of hardcore rap in nigeria and if 10% of that figure buys mode-9's albums, he should be fine.

however, mode-9 cannot make good music. his lyrics are confusing. he makes a lot of errors. that he's the only one in nigeria driving underground rap does not mean he's excellent at it. most nigerians would rather buy nas albums than mode-9's albums.
Was it you or eldee that used to tear him apart on nland back in the days? I can't remember grin
Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by Dopestfiend: 7:36pm On Aug 18, 2013
coogar:

this is a big lie.....
fact is, mode-9 is not even good at what he does. i can humbly say there are about 5 million fans of hardcore rap in nigeria and if 10% of that figure buys mode-9's albums, he should be fine.

however, mode-9 cannot make good music. his lyrics are confusing. he makes a lot of errors. that he's the only one in nigeria driving underground rap does not mean he's excellent at it. most nigerians would rather buy nas albums than mode-9's albums.

its seems you are one of those wackster the modo dazed at the last bet cypher. Damn modo isnt good save me that crap somebody that make sense rap music from numerous subjects e.g super eagles, arsenal f.c,periodic table and airline technologies. Dude save your shyte face for your couple of low lifers. If modo ain't doing it right that why he is broke fola of nigeria info brings in couple of make sense musician on her friday open mic. All of em same story line nigerians dont give a fvck about good music. Modo isnt good the only rapper talib gave a kudos when he came to nigeria was modo. Quit the goat shyte you sniffing mate.
Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by joeace2020(m): 7:40pm On Aug 18, 2013
Jamji: Please who has mode 9 "elbow room". Abeg help.

It hv tey since u enter here
Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by ndiboi: 7:41pm On Aug 18, 2013
I've always wondered whether the likes of Wizkid, Wande,Olamide, Sound Sultan etc write the lyrics of their songs or buy them. A lot of these artists sing absolute rubbish! If its not about females, it's about their anatomy or money that they think they have. Proof also that they write some of that stuff. Kudos to them though that they have keyed in because as it is now, the market is purely commercial and the likes of Mode 9 don't have a hope in hell competing. It's left to the artist in him to decide on whether to continue banging tunes which do not make it or quit!!
Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by Dopestfiend: 7:41pm On Aug 18, 2013
*Shollypopz:

Is this Dopefiend??

I agree but I think MI and Mode 9 was better than mediocre.

no, this is the eggheaders gat couple of alternative handles. Since the new personal vendatta against yoruba posters on the politics section.

Mi vs modo sis, you dont wanna go there modo is way ahead but the jos boy dey try sha compared to the rest noise makers. You can check on phewroious, terry d rapman, overdose and six feet plus after this guy na only some other underground guys they keep am real. The rest of the bullocks are just waste of space.

1 Like

Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by micki83(m): 7:44pm On Aug 18, 2013
Dear Mode9,did u know that kcee's "Limpopo" won d award for best song of d year?(City people or this day;can't remember).Limpopo has,what...like,9 words,on d whole?...#justSaying undecided

1 Like

Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by WanaG(m): 7:46pm On Aug 18, 2013
pro01: Dude must be a clown. If you're in the music BUSINESS, does it not make sense to give consumers what THEY want? How can a businessman force consumers to buy what HE likes?

I find all this condescending "commercial" tag on successful music extremely irritating and ridiculous. Art is art, not science, which means that there is no definite measure of 'good', 'better', or 'best' art. It is all subjective, and I dare say the more commercially successful art is, the 'better' it is, since it is a matter of aggregative subjectivity. If most consumers of music find particular kinds of songs appealing, then it is silly for you as a musician to complain about that, if your offering does not apeal to the market.

Brilliant comment, I must say. Brilliant.

1 Like

Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by coogar: 7:46pm On Aug 18, 2013
Dopestfiend:
its seems you are one of those wackster the modo dazed at the last bet cypher. Damn modo isnt good save me that crap somebody that make sense rap music from numerous subjects e.g super eagles, arsenal f.c,periodic table and airline technologies. Dude save your shyte face for your couple of low lifers. If modo ain't doing it right that why he is broke fola of nigeria info brings in couple of make sense musician on her friday open mic. All of em same story line nigerians are give a fvck about good music. Modo isnt good the only rapper talib gave a kudos when he came to nigeria was modo. Quit the goat shyte you sniffing mate.

you are a consummate rëtard.....
what's good about mode-9? you are just bedazzled by his cheap wordplay and weak punchlines? the BET cypher was even wack - it wasn't shown at the awards cos it's wackitty wack - compare that to the shady 2.0 version and you would see the difference between real rap and gutter rap.
Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by Baddestguyp(m): 7:47pm On Aug 18, 2013
I prefer M.I's rap style. Wen i heard mode was still in the rap game, i was totally surprised. I had forgotten he even existed. A friend of mine kept on boasting bout him and i finally listened to his mixtape 'occupy the throne' i gotta admit it was totally wack except for "dead prez" bt dat track was totally by boogey. Even M.I's mixtape would sell more than mode 9's album. Now read carefully : ITS NOT BECOS MODE 9'S STYLE IS OUTDATED BUT BECOS ITS TOTALLY WACK. He raps like gangsters, drug pushers/dealers or area boys would rap(only he raps lik an educated area boy) he has this BAD NIGGA rap style and who wants to listen to that to relieve oneself afta a stressful day at work, or listen to dat in the morning after a rough/peaceful nite. We all want sumtin 2 cool our nerves not some gangster shii
Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by timecop28: 7:47pm On Aug 18, 2013
coogar:

this is a big lie.....

5 million what?! lol..where are they? when did Nigerians start listening to rap? How many Nigerians buy even foreign rap albums talkless of the local acts? Unanswered questions.
Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by Dopestfiend: 7:49pm On Aug 18, 2013
Modo if you can see this post, i think its high time you drop tjoe as your album markter that guy is not doing anything. I have to travel all the way from across the river niger and most part of the south west before finally getting only one copy in alaba. After searching the whole place for like thirty minutes. Cant even get additional copies for my fellow headers.
Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by Kgdavid(m): 7:50pm On Aug 18, 2013
i love modenine's style but then the problem with him is that he is trying to emulate the old school american hip hop which but in nigeria... in order for that kinda music to succeed you would have to completely import american culture...nigerians are too different. Mode9 needs to be conscious of the nigerian struggle. when you do this kind of music (non-danceable beats) people really need to be able to connect to your message otherwise u lose relevance. Modenine for me has always been at his best when rapping about the things Nigerians can connect with e.g Nigeiran Girls, Stylee, Cry...the other songs just seem like he is talking in a foreign language...
Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by Nobody: 7:53pm On Aug 18, 2013
lmao @ the king of rap being broke

I once listened to your songs but lost interest after 2 or 3 singles. I didn't understand the hype, just saw it as "Different Strokes"

So, apparently I ain't the only one not liking your choice in rhythm and music persona. Don't even get me started on album names and songs. An average Nigerian will overlook it

Even Eminem broke out of his cage once in a while to release hits upon hits. Freestyling and face off just don't sell like that. Act wise, dig some collabs and do one of them chick chorus thingy

I just hope Terry Tha Rapman learn from this nïgga cos he's following his steps. And I like him
Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by Dopestfiend: 7:55pm On Aug 18, 2013
coogar:

you are a consummate rëtard.....
what's good about mode-9? you are just bedazzled by his cheap wordplay and weak punchlines? the BET cypher was even wack - it wasn't shown at the awards cos it's wackitty wack - compare that to the shady 2.0 version and you would see the difference between real rap and gutter rap.

you are irredemable lost cause mehn. Modo went to uk and southy and he was still worship like the deity he is. Man save your sermon for your fellow low lifers the nigerian cypher wasnt featured cos all your commercial lords that jump on it make it look like toilet paper. But serious shady 2:0 pass dope mehn.

1 Like

Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by Nuges11(m): 7:55pm On Aug 18, 2013
Bros modo I respect you a lot, but the thing is you don't bring a gun to a pillow fight. I'm sure you'd have noticed that album sales don't really rake in the money anymore for Nigerian artists, shows and endorsements do. And when I go to a show I go there to unwind, not leave more confused than I was.

So you can either choose to just make music for your miniature fan base (you'll be the best Nigerian rapper on paper and we'll only remember you and your music in arguments.......and you'll stay broke), or you can broaden your target audience and make more money.

Besides, a good businessman doesn't sell what he likes or what he wants people to like, he sells what the consumers actually like.

Lastly, don't you think if I want to listen to an american-like rap song I'd rather listen to an american? Its still best to hear it from the horse's mouth you know. Come back here and make music for your own people. It doesn't make us any less intelligent, it only buttresses the fact that one man's meat is another man's poison, and if you keep selling me poison you can be rest assured I'll never stop by your store again.

2 Likes

Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by azpekuliar: 7:56pm On Aug 18, 2013
*Enters thread and shakes head*... *scrolls through '90s Hiphop/Rap playlist*... *selects The Root's '96 track, "What they Do"*.....

Lost generation, fast paced nation
World population confront they frustration The principles of true hip-hop have been forsaken
It's all contractual and about money makin Pretend-to-be cats don't seem to know they limitation
Exact replication and false representation You wanna be a man, then stand your own To MC requires skills, I demand some shown
I let the frauds keep frontin And roam like a celluar phone far from home Givin crowds what they wantin
Offical hip-hop consumption, the 5th thumpin
Keepin ya party jumpin with an original somethin
Yo, I dedicate this to the one dimension-al No imagination, excuse for perpetration My man came over and said,
"Yo we thought we heard you" Joke's on you;
you heard a bitin-ass crew but um..

*listens till fade...*

1 Like

Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by Dopestfiend: 7:58pm On Aug 18, 2013
Baddestguyp: I prefer M.I's rap style. Wen i heard mode was still in the rap game, i was totally surprised. I had forgotten he even existed. A friend of mine kept on boasting bout him and i finally listened to his mixtape 'occupy the throne' i gotta admit it was totally wack except for "dead prez" bt dat track was totally by boogey. Even M.I's mixtape would sell more than mode 9's album. Now read carefully : ITS NOT BECOS MODE 9'S STYLE IS OUTDATED BUT BECOS ITS TOTALLY WACK. He raps like gangsters, drug pushers/dealers or area boys would rap(only he raps lik an educated area boy) he has this BAD NIGGA rap style and who wants to listen to that to relieve oneself afta a stressful day at work, or listen to dat in the morning after a rough/peaceful nite. We all want sumtin 2 cool our nerves not some gangster shii

you are definitely all this lil wayne and the fat head ross wannabes. Go ask why underground american rappers aint doing well commercially too even tho all your commercial boiz cant do a one on one battle with em. Common,talib kweli, rakim et al.
Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by coogar: 8:00pm On Aug 18, 2013
Dopestfiend:
you are irredemable lost cause mehn. Modo went to uk and southy and he was still worship like the deity he is. Man save your sermon for your fellow low lifers the nigerian cypher wasnt featured cos all your commercial lords that jump on it make it look like toilet paper. But serious shady 2:0 pass dope mehn.

mode-9 went where in the UK? which concert did he pull? where did he pull it? keep lying to yourself. mode-9 is simply not good enough for the type of rap he does. i can name 5 members of this forum that would destroy mode-9 lyrically and they don't even rap for a living.......

timecop28:
5 million what?! lol..where are they? when did Nigerians start listening to rap? How many Nigerians buy even foreign rap albums talkless of the local acts? Unanswered questions.

nigerians have been listening to rap long before you were conceived. are you kidding me? the days when boys go to studio with their maxwell tapes or chrome tapes to record music from top DJs nko? this was long before CD players became popular in nigeria - late 80s/early 90s....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

"Incoming" — P-Square To Release First Song In Five Years (Photo) / Why Does It Not Matter When It’s Davido? / Burna Boy Bags Grammy Award Nomination For Best Album.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.