Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:53 PM

Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ - Music/Radio (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ (24838 Views)

Mode9 Is Not The Dopest Rapper In Nigera. / M.i.'s Emancipation - Should Mode9 And Ruggedman Hang Their Boots? / Germs: Mode9's Diss Trak2hiphop Sellouts Rugged N Sauce? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by leggo: 9:45pm On Aug 18, 2013
Abeg mode9 ,eminem and jigga are versatile and nt one style rappers like you so better try to adapt
Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by Awangold: 9:49pm On Aug 18, 2013
i like his kind of rap but his problem is dat he thinks every one reads the way he reads and he was tryin to be commercial on some more ft don jazzy but didnt get it right u just have to adapt and follow the recent trend
Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by thegoodjoehunt(m): 9:54pm On Aug 18, 2013
iyke926:

naija rappers don't read and make researches like some few american rappers like Rass Kasciano, nas, canibus---he knows too mucch.

With all their researches, their work never goes multi-platinum. There is a reason why music can cut across all class and ages. If you start making tracks for only a certain kind, you should focus on reaping sales from that few minority.
Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by Picomon(m): 10:03pm On Aug 18, 2013
Mohde Mesan, ma da won lohun. Ah fil eh gan.. Oyato si awon diluted rappers! Jeun lo
Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by taiocol: 10:13pm On Aug 18, 2013
coogar:

mode-9 was trying to shift the blame on the consumers whereas he's not even good at his trade.
hw many of mode9 track u sabi

1 Like

Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by thegoodjoehunt(m): 10:14pm On Aug 18, 2013
I don't care what Lil Wayne haters say, he got mad lines.

"Safe sex is great sex.
Better use a latex,
'cause you don't want that late text,
that 'I think I'm late' text." ...Lil Wayne.

Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by ocheejemb: 10:14pm On Aug 18, 2013
Glamourogo: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘Type Of Rap’. Babatunde Olusegun a.k.a mode 9 went all emotional on hotfm’s breakfast radio show with TuTu Adeoba and Cheezy Charles on his type of non-commercial rap, he re-affirms that he can never change his type of rap to suit an audience and decries neglect on his type of rap’

‘I put out a whole album nobody cared’
‘A whole 20 track album ‘alphabetical order’ nobody gave a f**k’
‘You see how the industry is’ how do you expect me to feel?
‘Nigerians don’t like hip hop they only follow the hype, they don’t even know what it is’
I only cater for my real fans; I don’t really care about the fair weather, band wagon jumpers
‘I cater for my fans and they are feeling it’ i have put up too much effort in promotion of my materials’
‘It’s just some certain people in their minds feeling that am not doing well’

Who then are these few people Mode 9 is referring to?

http://glamourogo..com/2013/08/mode9-cries-out-on-neglect-of-his-type.html
Lmao...make e dey dere dey form 'true to the game'. Hip-hop is an American genre made for Americans by Americans. Because of America's influence it found some fandom world-wide. Some guy from i dunno where is now carrying it on his head and wondering why no one cares/ Nigerians like Nigerian music made by Nigerians for Nigerians.
Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by jimjones: 10:16pm On Aug 18, 2013
micki83:
Pls bro(un-related to d topic,by d way); how did u spell "f.uck" in ur post,without being nabbed by nairaland's auto-dirty-word-censor?(Anticipating ur response;tnx )

don't i know you, homie? you work for the nairaland government, don't you? sorry man, i don't fuсks with the nairaland popo.

blessings. wink

3 Likes

Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by coogar: 10:16pm On Aug 18, 2013
taiocol: hw many of mode9 track u sabi

more than you can ever think of.....
Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by ocheejemb: 10:18pm On Aug 18, 2013
thegoodjoehunt: I am like a brand new footmat,
I have never tasted defeat (the feet) cheesy
....Mode 9.

weak
Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by leggo: 10:20pm On Aug 18, 2013
jim jones:

don't i know you, homie? you work for the nairaland government, don't you? sorry man, i don't fuсks with the nairaland popo.

blessings. wink
oga i fear you o

1 Like

Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by Nobody: 10:20pm On Aug 18, 2013
Its not about beign comercial its about beign intresting! Hip-hop has moved on 4rm bonney m to lilwayne! Check out MI2 abulm! Yeah action film and undisputed were comercial buh check
1. Nobody ft tuface. Whether u lyk it or not, its a hip-hop track! And pple love it! Cos its intresting to listin to
The abulm broke and maintain a record! Only 2 out of 17 were commercial. The rest re intresting hip-hop track.
Check out 'nobody test me' check out 'jago' check out 'oleku' check out 'safe' check out 'blaze' check out the whole illegal music 2 mixtatpe. There were all hip hop tracks. Check out dj neptune 123 rmx. These re intresting hiphop tracks. Tracks dat when an upcoming artiste listing to they would want to do their remix. They would download the instrumentals cos its intresting.

Buh check out mode 9 - let it go! The instrumetals is dry! Hw do u na want to enjoy it talkless of listing to the rap. I personally listen to nigeria hiphop music. I dont like afropop/dancehall. My playlist consits of
Mi - export
Phenom - TKG
Bukwaya - wat it do
Mi - 4 horse men
Mi - superhuman
Phyno - kush
These re all hiphop tracks. They dont need to be comercial to be intresting!

2 Likes

Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by timecop28: 10:26pm On Aug 18, 2013
coogar:

i reiterate, you are a tomfool!
your IQ must be a single digit to think modenine has bars. modenine has no pen game. you tools don't even know what real rap is, you just follow modenine like sheep and believe the nonsense that comes out of his mouth.

i would lecture you and modenine about rapping....
did modenine not spit jupiter was bigger than a star? grin you call that rap? modenine has no technique - no multis, wordplay and punchlines are substandard.......matter of fact, he has no style at all. post modenine's best lyrics and i would pick out his flaws for you to see....

the same modenine that still rhymes with one syllable? lolololol - better tell your mentor to find another job - he can start driving dangote trucks. that nigga is about 47 and he's still deluded to think what he does is rap? you and modenine need deliverance.
scoring cheap points with lies.."I am not a star/I'm a bigger planet than jupiter" Dats what he said..in reference to the solar system as a whole.
Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by alotofgrace(m): 10:27pm On Aug 18, 2013
u don't have to be a roman to behave like one, buh once ur in rome pls behave like a roman. if ur in NYC, rap hard core. if ur in 9ja, bring it to 9ja level. I love his muzik...buh odin biznays......
Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by coogar: 10:28pm On Aug 18, 2013
timecop28: scoring cheap points with lies.."I am not a star/I'm a bigger planet than jupiter" Dats what he said..in reference to the solar system as a whole.

except that the star is actually bigger than any planet in the solar system. every geography student knows this, modenine does not.

4 Likes

Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by sage2(m): 10:28pm On Aug 18, 2013
tjskii: Abeggy mak I hear,na creativity we wan chop,all we need is music to shake our bumbumz to in da club,mode9 had better conform or starve grin

You don't come too hard on a brother, okay. You no even sen the guy sef.
Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by thegoodjoehunt(m): 10:29pm On Aug 18, 2013
More from Weezy, Don't hate the player Mode, hate the game.

”Even though women change/
I will always like dimes”

My mind is so sharp,
If I f**k around,
I'll cut my head off.

I speak the truth,
I guess that is a foreign language to y'all.

Imma bring the barrel to the B*tches eyeliners,
Because what I make-up will f**k up ya skin.

My reality is bigger than your dreams are,
Got ya dream girl riding in your dream car.

Married to the game,
But she broke her vows,
That is why my bars,
Are filled with broken bottles.

I tried to pay attention,
But attention paid me.

I beat the beat up,
Call it Self Defense.

Never bite the hands that feeds you,
Always watch the hands that is cooking.

Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by taiocol: 10:31pm On Aug 18, 2013
expectection of a rap Geek ordinary 9ja man nr go sabi 2 of ma music. Ppl who says mode9 nr sabi do beat. Make he go listen to freak like that ft addina haword. Even commons nr understand the lines u go enjoy beat
Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by timecop28: 10:32pm On Aug 18, 2013
coogar:

your intelligence quotient is inversely proportional to your age. the older you grow, the dumber you become - you want to lecture me about mode-9 when i have every single album he's made on my i-pod? let me have what you are smoking....atomic number 47, i am ag? how's modenine equating himself to silver becomes a punchline?

you are as stüpid as modenine himself....

modenine is shallow - intellectually deficient. i don't rap for a living but if i get a period of one month to write, i would murder modenine in a rap battle. what's deep about modenine that told us jupiter is bigger than a star?
modenine spits nonsense and then twists it that he's spitting what makes sense. don't be fooled, MI is a more balanced rapper than modenine.......MI might be weak at freestyling but his writing ability surpasses modenine!
Playa hater. Go listen to "Contradiction" (E'Pluribus Unum) I bet dats too deep for myopic mind as well. You think it's easy to put out at least a 20-track mixtape every year..lyricist on the roll for 7 consecutive years, go take that away from him na.
Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by thegoodjoehunt(m): 10:35pm On Aug 18, 2013
timecop28: scoring cheap points with lies.."I am not a star/I'm a bigger planet than jupiter" Dats what he said..in reference to the solar system as a whole.

Meaning he is not a star, he is bigger than a star, a planet. shocked shocked shocked cheesy grin grin
Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by Nobody: 10:37pm On Aug 18, 2013
Swiftboy:
point of correction,what you want! What you need is not only shake your bumbum;you also need motivation and inspirational songs.
if I want to get motivation and inspirational songs, I know were to get classics. Not mode9.
Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by Nobody: 10:37pm On Aug 18, 2013
If I need inspiration, I go to Otta and listen to Bishop Oyedepo, I do not expect Mode 9 to be qualified to inspire with rap. what I need from music is happiness and fun, so I go for african beats etc. So Mode9, I do not need a TBJ to tell me you will be broke for too long. I doubt if he sells up to 100 copies of his album per year.
Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by coogar: 10:38pm On Aug 18, 2013
timecop28:
Playa hater. Go listen to "Contradiction" (E'Pluribus Unum) I bet dats too deep for myopic mind as well. You think it's easy to put out at least a 20-track mixtape every year..lyricist on the roll for 7 consecutive years, go take that away from him na.

contradiction is modenine's best track and it's even weak.... i think what we both consider as quality lyricism is different. you are easily impressed, i am not. lyricist of the year when there's no one else doing what he does.......where's the competition?
Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by Dopestfiend: 10:38pm On Aug 18, 2013
timecop28:

guess why i stop denbating with the guy. He is not even critizing the modo objectively the bruddah is only hating. Modo collect him babe for bida poly ni.
Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by Nobody: 10:39pm On Aug 18, 2013
FreeGlobe: Rappers in the US used to face this problem of mass acceptance initially but today hip hop is the best selling genre in the US through sheer creativity and hardwork. Nigerian rappers are lazy man, they can't rap too.
Do u know MI?
Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by timecop28: 10:42pm On Aug 18, 2013
coogar:

you are very correct.....
i actually think this is an insult on the rap fans in nigeria and modenine should apologise. it's a travesty for him to think we don't appreciate his art. yes, hardcore rap does not have the same popularity like the commercial rap but it's the same everywhere in the world. he must find a balance between the two. wu-tang, redman, rakim, krs-one all carved a niche for themselves in this very art - why can't modenine do the same?

i don't know the others but personally, i don't think anyone can spit in nigeria. MI is very good at what he does though but he's not a thorough-bred hardcore rapper.

they all do - they get more airplay than the average hardcore rapper. what they do is commercial - they basically do music that appeals to everyone - bubblegum rap. lil wayne is very wack.......who is lil wayne in the comity of rappers?

modenine can hold his own where? in nigeria? yes - and that's because he's the only one pioneering that particular art of hardcore. would he get any respect in the UK or in the US? i doubt it.
If must know, Fat man scoop jammed Modenine's cry on his show several times. Only that he erroneously referred to him as kenyan.
Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by Dopestfiend: 10:42pm On Aug 18, 2013
coogar:

contradiction is modenine's best track and it's even weak.... i think what we both consider as quality lyricism is different. you are easily impressed, i am not. lyricist of the year when there's no one else doing what he does.......where's the competition?

your sickening back and forth is making me wanna puke. I bet this guy no get one modo album for hand self. Contradiction on the e'pluribus unum track was beaten hands down by rap black messiah and what you want
Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by coogar: 10:46pm On Aug 18, 2013
Dopestfiend:
your sickening back and forth is making me wanna puke. I bet this guy no get one modo album for hand self. Contradiction on the e'pluribus unum track was beaten hands down by rap black messiah and what you want

you are a fool - what you want? is that a song? with one yeye girl dropping the hook? rap black messiah is garbage. i have told you, post modenine's lyrics here - let me destroy his lyricism.

timecop28:
If must know, Fat man scoop jammed Modenine's cry on his show several times. Only that he erroneously referred to him as kenyan.

so because fatman scoop jammed modenine means what? modenine does not have any street creds outside nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by Arcard(m): 10:48pm On Aug 18, 2013
papi365: PHYNO GHOST MODE,WHAT IS IT ALL ABOUT? SECONDLY WAT MSG IS E PASSIN OUT 2U? IF U CAN ANSWER MY QUESTIONS DEN I WIL KNOW DAT U RE NT A CRAK.
mode 9 rap weitn im dy pas to u eh,pesin go cm tel me yeah nigga watsup, u lok me fnsh nd cll me nigger eh no b racist comment

1 Like

Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by timecop28: 10:49pm On Aug 18, 2013
coogar:

I might just chill with you a little if you say no Nigerian rapper is good as far as you're concerned i.e. I would assume what u mean is none is better than Modenine...and even the Nine is not good enuf for you. However, we are debating based on the Nigerian standard of rap here. Currently, the best Nigerian Hip-hop artistes are Mode9, M.I and ShowdemCamp in that order.
Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by Nobody: 10:49pm On Aug 18, 2013
FIRSTLY IM A BIG CRITIC OF NAIJA CONTEMPORARY MUSIC
BUT I CANT DICTATE TO PPLE WHAT THEY SHOULD OR SHOULDNT HEAR
THIS RAP THINGY OF MODE9 SUCKS BALLZ
IF I WANTED TO LISTEN TO HIP HOP I WONT LISTEN TO NAIJA HIP HOP ID LISTEN TO THE REAL THING
MODE NINE NEEDS 2 STFU IF HE CANT GIVE A MAJORITY WHAT THEY WANT LET HIM QUIT PLAIN N SIMPLE

1 Like

Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by thegoodjoehunt(m): 10:49pm On Aug 18, 2013
There is no need for talk. You guys should drop the bars. Coogar is waiting to be convinced.
coogar:

you are a fool - what you want? is that a song? with one yeye girl dropping the hook? rap black messiah is garbage. i have told you, post modenine's lyrics here - let me destroy his lyricism.

so because fatman scoop jammed modenine means what? modenine does not have any street creds outside nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Why Does It Not Matter When It’s Davido? / Burna Boy Bags Grammy Award Nomination For Best Album. / Remembering Dr Sir Warrior: Oriental Brothers- Nwanne Awu Enyi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.