Stats: 3,153,675 members, 7,820,371 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:49 PM

How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? (37303 Views)

Staying Back After NYSC / Getting Job After NYSC: How Long Is Too Long? / CRAZY Things You Did While Hunting For Job After NYSC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by 9jii(m): 9:18pm On Aug 15, 2013
2009 till 2012. but was on state gov.pay roll since 2005. All thanks is almighty.
Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by vb0mb(m): 9:18pm On Aug 15, 2013
2 weeks
Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by xreal: 9:20pm On Aug 15, 2013
2 years.

I give GOD the glory.
Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by azpekuliar: 9:20pm On Aug 15, 2013
4 months.

Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by bubu22: 9:20pm On Aug 15, 2013
Dnt worry u get sm1 better may be she is nt urs. ;-(
I feel your pain man.... Be optimistic.... Everything good will come[/quote]
Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by Aromas: 9:21pm On Aug 15, 2013
k2039: I got mine before going for nysc (chevron).

Hum!!!! Political influence or Aje butter parrolz. Mheeen no b here o, man no fit just dey cry, life after skool no easy o but 2dos who gt beta parent haaaaa I hail una o
Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by dabossman(m): 9:25pm On Aug 15, 2013
6 months, before I got a job that paid a paltry 18k. Almost 10yrs and 3 jobs after, I thank God for how far he has brought me. Hang in there guys. It is well.
Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by Jesuspikin87(m): 9:26pm On Aug 15, 2013
8Months now and still not gotten a job. But I'm so optimistic something Big is coming soonest, like soooooneeeeeessssssssssssst!!!!!!!!!

Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by Jordanmusa(m): 9:26pm On Aug 15, 2013
Six days after service! All thanks to GOD!
Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by Nobody: 9:29pm On Aug 15, 2013
shiloh: It took me 5months to get my first job. While there,I applied for another job and got it,worked with dem for 2yrs. Applied for a bank job while still @ d organisation n got it den resigned from dere. God has been good to me I must say. For those still searching,don't worry,God will do it,just kip praying n searching. It will come smiley
you must be a beautiful girl. If you know what I mean lipsrsealed

Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by FRIYOPATRICK(m): 9:30pm On Aug 15, 2013
3 years. . . End tym tyns
Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by bukatyne(f): 9:30pm On Aug 15, 2013
orgasticdance:
this is the sort of advice that irks me. its not about patience or gods time. this environment is skrewed up from the bottom up. a company declares a vakancy for ten people and 100,000 people apply and u say its about patience/gods time?? this economy is in the pits and is not churning enough jobs for its young people, period!! no amount of patience or faith will give ten percent of young nigerians decent jobs in the next forseeable future! my advice, if u don't have the wherewithal to create ur own job, there are more than a 101+ other countries in the world where ur skills and talents will be utiliized rather than frittering your most productive years in a rergessive and backward environment angry

Bro,

If you don't believe in God let those who belief in Him do. This my job was a miracle. I would say be prepared always and pray for favour. Do your part so that God can do His.

@OP: 1yr and 3mths.

Till trusting God for my younger bro, 1yr and 2mths

Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by Chiigirl: 9:30pm On Aug 15, 2013
Still searching,6month now but i know God would perfect it very soon
Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by eldoradoxx: 9:30pm On Aug 15, 2013
Harvardminds: Have you heard about the YouWIN Program, a Federal Government FREE Grant Business Plan Competition aimed at supporting young entrepreneurs between ages 18 and 40 start up a business, or expand an existing one with a free grant sum of between #1million to #10million? The very last edition of the program is to start this month which is going to produce well about 1200 awardees nationwide. Please avail yourself the opportunity of participating and becoming your own boss and building that dream business you have always wanted.Thanks to MR.PRESIDENT GOODLUCK JONATHAN for his unrelenting drive to empower Nigerians and create jobs.
This is very true. Most Nigerians would sit idly and criticise GEJ as failure, unmindful of many Nigerians who are smiling to banks because of YouWin program. I have seen many people who won just by merely submitting a very good business proposal. This is one adventure of Govt in Nigeria that corruption has not attacked. People win without ever knowing anybody whatsoever. You need not to lobby anyone to get the grant.
Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by bukatyne(f): 9:31pm On Aug 15, 2013
orgasticdance:
this is the sort of advice that irks me. its not about patience or gods time. this environment is skrewed up from the bottom up. a company declares a vakancy for ten people and 100,000 people apply and u say its about patience/gods time?? this economy is in the pits and is not churning enough jobs for its young people, period!! no amount of patience or faith will give ten percent of young nigerians decent jobs in the next forseeable future! my advice, if u don't have the wherewithal to create ur own job, there are more than a 101+ other countries in the world where ur skills and talents will be utiliized rather than frittering your most productive years in a rergessive and backward environment angry

Bro,

If you don't believe in God let those who belief in Him do. This my job was a miracle. I would say be prepared always and pray for favour. Do your part so that God can do His.

@OP: 1yr and 3mths.

Till trusting God for my younger bro, 1yr and 2mths
Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by afolayangs(m): 9:34pm On Aug 15, 2013
3 months in 2006

Resigned for msc in UK in 2008.

13 months after Msc.

i thank God for my life
Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by sainty2k3(m): 9:34pm On Aug 15, 2013
Less than 2months . God is good, still expecting something beTter
Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by samdson: 9:35pm On Aug 15, 2013
Great contributions.... Thanks moderators for getting my thread to front page!
Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by Perky89(m): 9:36pm On Aug 15, 2013
U GUYS SHOULD APPLY 4 LOAN NAW...HAV U 4GOTTEN ABT D NYSC FOUNDATION STUFF
Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by sojnaija(m): 9:37pm On Aug 15, 2013
na wa o, if you have an internet connected laptop, with small change for pocket. and 3 to 5 hours to spare daily
You can try this option while the job search goes on:
https://www.nairaland.com/1398985/virtual-football-free-betting-strategy#17461522
Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by Revolva(m): 9:38pm On Aug 15, 2013
grin grin i dont need a job just give me capital..n leave the rest to me to hussle

Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by Nobody: 9:38pm On Aug 15, 2013
I'm yet to finish service and I have a job. Thank God. I always thought my first job would be something better but right now I'm just grateful. Once I gain enough experience tho... I'm out
Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by sashx(m): 9:39pm On Aug 15, 2013
Did my aptitude test 2 months after service nd now in d training school. A total of 5 months in between though I ll spend 3 more months in the training school. My advice 2 job seeker is: never estimate d worth of people. Always tell people around you that u are searchin 4 job nd sure wenever an opportunity comes, they ll look for you. Distrubute ur CVs to family and friends and d Almighty Allah ll surely C u thru. Wish ol of u luck
Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by irebombo: 9:39pm On Aug 15, 2013
please try and construct good english for goodness sake.
obo389: 6yrs.
B4service,tot 3 subjcts in a sec skul wer i ws bin paid 10k&ws writn NECO,WAEC,projects&assisting post grag studnts 2suport myslf bck then.
After service,d journey began.apptitude tests upon apptitude tests&interviews(abt 13).
was completely frustrated&been a man,u knw wht it means.
Then gt1on contract staff basis in d south south region wer i wrkd4abt a year&8mnths.
To d Glory of God,i eventually got dis present1am currently engaged in(2011).
It tkes patience,perseverance,determination&abv al,prayers.

Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by Peterboy1(m): 9:42pm On Aug 15, 2013
one year and 2 months and still searching

i nearly cried after an interview with a company, the manager of the company said that am most qualified for the job but they can only aford to pay me 12k per month

i looked at the man,looked at my certificate, i remembered all the suffering i encountered during my NYSC days in Benue State and tears started rolling down

Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by Emmysteve(m): 9:44pm On Aug 15, 2013
olawalebabs: I did my first interview during my service year and got my letter a day to my POP. I can say am 'lucky', did not stay at home seeking for job.
may that luck shine upon me in Jesus name as i am counting to my pop in 6months time. Amen
Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by shejane: 9:44pm On Aug 15, 2013
2months aft service gt a job wt private company dat was sep last year nd God bless me wt fed job last month july, is all abt God
Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by Nobody: 9:45pm On Aug 15, 2013
Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by Chiigirl: 9:47pm On Aug 15, 2013
6month now, still searching
Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by Nobody: 9:47pm On Aug 15, 2013
Mine was 2months.
Re: How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? by Phikom(m): 9:52pm On Aug 15, 2013
One and half months

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

AAUA Recruitment CBT Test Invite / How I Got A Federal Government Job In Abuja; Female Security Guard Reveals. PICS / Which State Has A Lot Of Job Opportunities And Low Cost Of Living?