Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,727 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:01 PM

Staying Back After NYSC - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Staying Back After NYSC (24072 Views)

I Got A Job 30k After Nysc. Your Advice Please / How I've Been Coping With This Unemployment After Nysc / Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Staying Back After NYSC by bettydee(f): 8:48pm On Feb 09, 2016
Good day everyone,
I have been wanting to talk about this for a long time. We all know how it is for every graduate,you dream to get posted to a good state with state and local government alawee. After that you pray you are posted to a lovely ppa where life is enjoyable. After that comes POP!!! hmmmmm
Then the CV distribution starts. Is it in for one to maintain your ppa because there are no jobs, stay back in that state until you get a job (most people don't want to go home anyway) or just return to your parents house and finish the savings from your alawee. Nairalanders what's your take on this?

5 Likes

Re: Staying Back After NYSC by adonismuller(m): 9:17pm On Feb 09, 2016
It all boils down to the state and area you are serving....

Going back home is like starting from lane 1,but then you can go back home and start a petty business with your saved allowance,you won't need to pay rent or feed yourself always when you are with your parents...

But if your PPA offers you something nice,stay back

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Staying Back After NYSC by Nobody: 11:23pm On Feb 09, 2016
If your PPA has no problem with you staying back then you should stay.

*sometimes the free accommodation given expires as you are passing out so it becomes hard to stay for some people.

*you could also decide during the course of your service year if you want to stay or not after scanning your chances of surviving in the community.
At the end its a matter of choice.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Staying Back After NYSC by Sunnypar(m): 12:11am On Feb 10, 2016
Two things are involved
1. What's your PPA offering you?
2. Going back home would be starting from square one but with accommodation but if you have got responsibilities, it make take a huge toll on your finances.
If the PPA is offering accommodation, which is within the industry level, stay back but if you house would not he condusive..... Stay in your PPA. I will admonition corp members to stay back at their PPA. I stayed back at mine got a hotel job which I gained experience and saved for accommodation, bills and e.t.c.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Staying Back After NYSC by MilesLamar(m): 12:18am On Feb 10, 2016
I feel ya op.. U wise
Re: Staying Back After NYSC by ProudOlodo: 12:30am On Feb 10, 2016
It's all about weighing the two to see which provides you more and better chances of getting where you want. But staying back is usually the tougher choice because one is most likely outside his/her comfort zone
Re: Staying Back After NYSC by mafarawemi(m): 2:09am On Feb 10, 2016
bettydee:
Good day everyone,
I have been wanting to talk about this for a long time. We all know how it is for every graduate,you dream to get posted to a good state with state and local government alawee. After that you pray you are posted to a lovely ppa where life is enjoyable. After that comes POP!!! hmmmmm
Then the CV distribution starts. Is it in for one to maintain your ppa because there are no jobs, stay back in that state until you get a job (most people don't want to go home anyway) or just return to your parents house and finish the savings from your alawee. Nairalanders what's your take on this?

babe i will advise u, dont go back, save money, get an apt n hustle for ur life, that was my decision last yr, i havent gotten a job but there is a green light, going home will just make u useless for months, u will eat n add unnecessary weight. But it all depends where u base and where u r serving. i based in akr n i served in rivers. sharply me i relocate come ph

3 Likes

Re: Staying Back After NYSC by An0nimus: 2:39am On Feb 10, 2016
Make I hear say person stay if him serve for village wey dey only accessible by boat.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Staying Back After NYSC by petiteee(f): 6:20am On Feb 10, 2016
Am in such delima right now. And am so worried. I was lucky to get a good PPA and it being helpful financially even though I work more than am nbeen paid. Plus adding both FG and theirs together is something. But the bad thing is they don't retain. So how do I tell them I want to stay back? Have being thinking myself on what move I can make. sad any ideas please? Though am not at the head office where I can get direct contact with the Oga patatapata. But I don't know what to do. Been applying for jobs since November and have not gotten a single invite. Going home is a no for me. Please any idea? cry POP is just in less than 2 months

3 Likes

Re: Staying Back After NYSC by Jideof: 6:27am On Feb 10, 2016
Even if you stay back, just know that they will tie you down by not allowing you permission cos they know you would be going for interviews. If you go contrary to that, they will sack you @ month end.
Re: Staying Back After NYSC by petiteee(f): 6:27am On Feb 10, 2016
Sunnypar:
Two things are involved
1. What's your PPA offering you?
2. Going back home would be starting from square one but with accommodation but if you have got responsibilities, it make take a huge toll on your finances.
If the PPA is offering accommodation, which is within the industry level, stay back but if you house would not he condusive..... Stay in your PPA. I will admonition corp members to stay back at their PPA. I stayed back at mine got a hotel job which I gained experience and saved for accommodation, bills and e.t.c.
how much were you paid? Because hotels I know very well pay peanuts they pay as low as 20k or you got a position as the manager wink

2 Likes

Re: Staying Back After NYSC by bettydee(f): 8:33am On Feb 10, 2016
mafarawemi:

babe i will advise u, dont go back, save money, get an apt n hustle for ur life, that was my decision last yr, i havent gotten a job but there is a green light, going home will just make u useless for months, u will eat n add unnecessary weight. But it all depends where u base and where u r serving. i based in akr n i served in rivers. sharply me i relocate come ph
Tnk u.
Re: Staying Back After NYSC by bettydee(f): 8:36am On Feb 10, 2016
adonismuller:
It all boils down to the state and area you are serving....

Going back home is like starting from lane 1,but then you can go back home and start a petty business with your saved allowance,you won't need to pay rent or feed yourself always when you are with your parents...

But if your PPA offers you something nice,stay back

ok...free house and food in my parents house.
Re: Staying Back After NYSC by bettydee(f): 8:38am On Feb 10, 2016
ProudOlodo:
It's all about weighing the two to see which provides you more and better chances of getting where you want. But staying back is usually the tougher choice because one is most likely outside his/her comfort zone

This is helpful...your moniker though.
Re: Staying Back After NYSC by bettydee(f): 8:40am On Feb 10, 2016
petiteee:
Am in such delima right now. And am so worried. I was lucky to get a good PPA and it being helpful financially even though I work more than am nbeen paid. Plus adding both FG and theirs together is something. But the bad thing is they don't retain. So how do I tell them I want to stay back? Have being thinking myself on what move I can make. sad any ideas please? Though am not at the head office where I can get direct contact with the Oga patatapata. But I don't know what to do. Been applying for jobs since November and have not gotten a single invite. Going home is a no for me. Please any idea? cry POP is just in less than 2 months

That's why this thread was created. Hopefully you will get one or two ideas. May God help you.
Re: Staying Back After NYSC by adonismuller(m): 8:46am On Feb 10, 2016
bettydee:

ok...free house and food in my parents house.
getting married is an option too..

3 Likes

Re: Staying Back After NYSC by engrlarex(m): 8:48am On Feb 10, 2016
mafarawemi:

where do u serve in rivers? I served in rivers and I know how difficult it is to survive dia except by his grace.

1 Like

Re: Staying Back After NYSC by Gnen: 9:26am On Feb 10, 2016
My own point of veiw is to consider the options. If you are posted to a place where opportunities abound then it is left to you to exploit the opportunities,if not then save as much as possible during your service year to start something while waiting for employment.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Staying Back After NYSC by ProudOlodo: 9:48am On Feb 10, 2016
bettydee:

This is helpful...your moniker though.
wink
Re: Staying Back After NYSC by ProudOlodo: 9:52am On Feb 10, 2016
adonismuller:
Lol. And marriage becomes a job
Re: Staying Back After NYSC by Akerry(m): 9:55am On Feb 10, 2016
lalasticlaca
please .....take this to front page biko
Re: Staying Back After NYSC by ProudOlodo: 10:03am On Feb 10, 2016
petiteee:
They've not been retaining doesn't mean they can't retain. There's always a first time of everything. If you like the place and think you have what it takes to be retained, it's better you find a way to talk with them than never speak up.
And as for not getting interview invites yet, the first one will come. Review your CV and your applications to check if there's anything you're not doing right. Don't stop applying, you're not the only one.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Staying Back After NYSC by petiteee(f): 10:50am On Feb 10, 2016
ProudOlodo:

They've not been retaining doesn't mean they can't retain. There's always a first time of everything. If you like the place and think you have what it takes to be retained, it's better you find a way to talk with them than never speak up.
And as for not getting interview invites yet, the first one will come. Review your CV and your applications to check if there's anything you're not doing right. Don't stop applying, you're not the only one.
they rarely retain actually. It a FG/international org. Been thinking o sending a text but....... am weighing it sha. Lol

1 Like

Re: Staying Back After NYSC by agrovick(m): 10:54am On Feb 10, 2016
An0nimus:
Make I hear say person stay if him serve for village wey dey only accessible by boat.
Kikikikiikiki, this applies to me.
Re: Staying Back After NYSC by walex360: 11:17am On Feb 10, 2016
Hi betty,wanna share my own experience with u,I served in Akwa Ibom state,in a Local govt,close to uyo,after my service I was confuse.what next!!!!so I prayed and fasted to ask God for direction.cos I don't wanna go back to Niger state.after my P.o.p I relocated to oil rich eKet cos dats where d oil companies base,I stayed wit a friend in there corpers lodge in eket,she told me of a hotel dat pays very well.I applied and was invited for exam and interview.all dis happened within 2weeks,dey pay upto 70 and 80k wit staff bus and meal.just seek the face of God for direction,I ve notice dat 50percent of strangers in eket came for service and dey remain there.If u love the place stay back and get a little job like teaching,lesson etc.God dat did it for me wil do it for u.

16 Likes

Re: Staying Back After NYSC by ProudOlodo: 11:22am On Feb 10, 2016
petiteee:
they rarely retain actually. It a FG/international org. Been thinking o sending a text but....... am weighing it sha. Lol
And what's the scale saying? Lol. There could be someone you can talk to, or at least refer you to someone you can talk to. But you understand the place best sha. If you're really interested, don't just leave without letting your interest be known. #My50Kobo
Re: Staying Back After NYSC by ednut1(m): 11:43am On Feb 10, 2016
adonismuller:
SMH, see mentality sad grin

2 Likes

Re: Staying Back After NYSC by Richiy(f): 11:55am On Feb 10, 2016
walex360:
Hi betty,wanna share my own experience with u,I served in Akwa Ibom state,in a Local govt,close to uyo,after my service I was confuse.what next!!!!so I prayed and fasted to ask God for direction.cos I don't wanna go back to Niger state.after my P.o.p I relocated to oil rich eKet cos dats where d oil companies base,I stayed wit a friend in there corpers lodge in eket,she told me of a hotel dat pays very well.I applied and was invited for exam and interview.all dis happened within 2weeks,dey pay upto 70 and 80k wit staff bus and meal.just seek the face of God for direction,I ve notice dat 50percent of strangers in eket came for service and dey remain there.If u love the place stay back and get a little job like teaching,lesson etc.God dat did it for me wil do it for u.

This is inspiring. Thank you for sharing.

1 Like

Re: Staying Back After NYSC by Richiy(f): 11:56am On Feb 10, 2016
This topic is even harder for girls. What they expect of you is marriage and not relocation.

5 Likes

Re: Staying Back After NYSC by petiteee(f): 12:07pm On Feb 10, 2016
ProudOlodo:

And what's the scale saying? Lol. There could be someone you can talk to, or at least refer you to someone you can talk to. But you understand the place best sha. If you're really interested, don't just leave without letting your interest be known. #My50Kobo
thanks very plenty wink u kuku refused to tell me the reason behind your moniker as u promised the other day grin lol. U remeber?
Re: Staying Back After NYSC by petiteee(f): 12:09pm On Feb 10, 2016
How is it harder? You chose either . Job/career or marriage
Richiy:
This topic is even harder for girls. What they expect of you is marriage and not relocation.

1 Like

Re: Staying Back After NYSC by kennyman2000(m): 12:34pm On Feb 10, 2016
Hmmmmm...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Respond To The Question "Why Do You Want This Job?" In An Interview / How To Influence The Interviewer To Your Favour / Why Entrepreneurship Is Not The Solution To Unemployment In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.