Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,733 members, 7,817,017 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:04 PM

Construction Of A 6 Bedroom Duplex At Owerri - Properties (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Construction Of A 6 Bedroom Duplex At Owerri (89210 Views)

How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira / DIY: Construction Of 3 Units Of 4-bedrooms Terraces [Surulere-I] / Architecture: Construction Of Duplex In Lekki & Akwa-Ibom State. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Construction Of A 6 Bedroom Duplex At Owerri by spyder880(m): 10:52pm On Nov 19, 2013
Like I mentioned earlier, we have commenced the roofing wood work in this house.

Re: Construction Of A 6 Bedroom Duplex At Owerri by spyder880(m): 11:05pm On Nov 19, 2013
More roofing pictures....

Re: Construction Of A 6 Bedroom Duplex At Owerri by spyder880(m): 11:10pm On Nov 19, 2013
On the first picture, you can see my guy taking measurements, we need to agree on the exact roof size to calculate the roofing materials needed here. This roof should be rounded up by next week. We plan to start plastering as from this week.

1 Like

Re: Construction Of A 6 Bedroom Duplex At Owerri by spyder880(m): 9:40pm On Nov 21, 2013
From inside the house, looking to the sky............

Re: Construction Of A 6 Bedroom Duplex At Owerri by Fhemmmy: 9:41pm On Nov 21, 2013
Looking nice
Re: Construction Of A 6 Bedroom Duplex At Owerri by spyder880(m): 9:43pm On Nov 21, 2013
The front of the house.

Re: Construction Of A 6 Bedroom Duplex At Owerri by Fhemmmy: 9:46pm On Nov 21, 2013
^^^ Waoh
Re: Construction Of A 6 Bedroom Duplex At Owerri by spyder880(m): 9:46pm On Nov 21, 2013
Completing the roof, tomorrow we do the ceiling noggings.

Re: Construction Of A 6 Bedroom Duplex At Owerri by spyder880(m): 9:48pm On Nov 21, 2013
And who is the young man circling the house? Looks like the gentleman that plastered the Port Harcourt mansion? cheesy

Re: Construction Of A 6 Bedroom Duplex At Owerri by FabioPeter: 4:43pm On Nov 22, 2013
spyder880:

Off by a million......well, except we roof yours with aluminium sheets and not stone coated tiles grin Just joking chief cheesy

Pictures of roofing wood work to follow shortly.
@Spyder am concerned with the cost estimate relative to the port harcourt mansion which was bigger, more complex , in a more challenging terrain and included windows, doors and plastering. It cost 13mil. This one is over 10mil already and it seems a lot simpler. Pls enlighten us.
Re: Construction Of A 6 Bedroom Duplex At Owerri by Fhemmmy: 7:13pm On Nov 22, 2013
Fabio Peter:
@Spyder am concerned with the cost estimate relative to the port harcourt mansion which was bigger, more complex , in a more challenging terrain and included windows, doors and plastering. It cost 13mil. This one is over 10mil already and it seems a lot simpler. Pls enlighten us.

I trust my chief on this one . . . Will be back to read the response
Re: Construction Of A 6 Bedroom Duplex At Owerri by spyder880(m): 8:46pm On Nov 22, 2013
Fabio Peter:

Thank you for the question, we learn better by comparing these costs for possibly understanding the complexities of each project.

First, the N13+ million used to build the PH mansion is for only the carcass of the house and does not include plastering, windows or doors. So we are basically comparing N10m with N13.9m (if I can remember very well)

There were some other challenges we faced in this Owerri location which cost us some extra budgetry expenses. The location of this project is rural, meaning that all arrangements for materials and specialized labour has to add some money. To get granite, wood, rods etc into this place takes hours of careful planning and delivery. Plus the materials are more costly here! Bamboo, rods, wood and cement added money here. It happened to me in Ebonyi also.

Some of my workmen had to be 'specially' motivated before they agreed to work in a rural environment. Transport arrangement was made for the team that travelled from PH to Owerri to carry out this work, another team were arranged to move in from Enugu.

My plastering guys were here yesterday, and they are demanding I add N100k to the total cost for them to arrange extra expenses for transport of 9 guys from Lagos.

Will be back for more, Spyder has to teach his son how to type his name on the laptop grin
Re: Construction Of A 6 Bedroom Duplex At Owerri by FabioPeter: 6:50am On Nov 23, 2013
spyder880:

Thank you for the question, we learn better by comparing these costs for possibly understanding the complexities of each project.

First, the N13+ million used to build the PH mansion is for only the carcass of the house and does not include plastering, windows or doors. So we are basically comparing N10m with N13.9m (if I can remember very well)

There were some other challenges we faced in this Owerri location which cost us some extra budgetry expenses. The location of this project is rural, meaning that all arrangements for materials and specialized labour has to add some money. To get granite, wood, rods etc into this place takes hours of careful planning and delivery. Plus the materials are more costly here! Bamboo, rods, wood and cement added money here. It happened to me in Ebonyi also.

Some of my workmen had to be 'specially' motivated before they agreed to work in a rural environment. Transport arrangement was made for the team that travelled from PH to Owerri to carry out this work, another team were arranged to move in from Enugu.

My plastering guys were here yesterday, and they are demanding I add N100k to the total cost for them to arrange extra expenses for transport of 9 guys from Lagos.

Will be back for more, Spyder has to teach his son how to type his name on the laptop grin
Thanks a lot my brother. May God bless your labour. Amen.
Re: Construction Of A 6 Bedroom Duplex At Owerri by Fhemmmy: 3:42pm On Nov 23, 2013
Thanks for the great explanation . . . .
Re: Construction Of A 6 Bedroom Duplex At Owerri by spyder880(m): 9:46pm On Nov 25, 2013
Many things are happening at this site now, I have close to 15 boys operating on this house alone, by the end of the week, I plan to achieve the following;

1. complete the piping of the AC conduit pipes
2. complete all the electrical conduit piping at the first floor
3. complete all internal and some external plastering works
4. install the stone coated roofing tiles on this house
5. complete the plastering of the parapet
6. install the windows on this house

SO HELP US O' LORD!
Re: Construction Of A 6 Bedroom Duplex At Owerri by Fhemmmy: 9:47pm On Nov 25, 2013
spyder880: Many things are happening at this site now, I have close to 15 boys operating on this house alone, by the end of the week, I plan to achieve the following;

1. complete the piping of the AC conduit pipes
2. complete all the electrical conduit piping at the first floor
3. complete all internal and some external plastering works
4. install the stone coated roofing tiles on this house
5. complete the plastering of the parapet
6. install the windows on this house

SO HELP US O' LORD!

Amen
Re: Construction Of A 6 Bedroom Duplex At Owerri by spyder880(m): 5:33am On Nov 27, 2013
Plastering works has started in this house already, the bottom deck is almost completed in all the rooms.

Re: Construction Of A 6 Bedroom Duplex At Owerri by spyder880(m): 5:36am On Nov 27, 2013
The parapet is also getting some attention.

Re: Construction Of A 6 Bedroom Duplex At Owerri by spyder880(m): 5:38am On Nov 27, 2013
We still continue the plastering as we expect the roofing tiles to arrive any moment from now.

Re: Construction Of A 6 Bedroom Duplex At Owerri by mufutau55(m): 5:44am On Nov 27, 2013
spyder880: The parapet is also getting some attention.

DAMN! That parapet is so smooth and in a straight line.. Good work, our Oga Spyder.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: Construction Of A 6 Bedroom Duplex At Owerri by Fhemmmy: 5:34pm On Nov 27, 2013
mufutau55:

DAMN! That parapet is smooth and in a straight line.. Good work, our Oga Spyder.

Hajji Mufutau

So smooth
Re: Construction Of A 6 Bedroom Duplex At Owerri by sandee575(f): 9:52pm On Nov 27, 2013
That's a hunded percent parapetizing smiley
Re: Construction Of A 6 Bedroom Duplex At Owerri by spyder880(m): 10:18pm On Nov 28, 2013
We are done with all the bottom deck plastering in almost all the rooms of this house. Next we are attacking the internal walls downstairs, I have enough boys here to round this up in the shortest possible time. Meanwhile the producers of our windows, burglary proofs are working to deliver same by next week. We plan to buy tiles, doors and electrical wires by early next week. Work moving on nicely.

Re: Construction Of A 6 Bedroom Duplex At Owerri by bugmenot: 1:45am On Nov 29, 2013

The plastering is super smooth! Does not look like there will be any need for POP screeding here.

Honestly, I think good finishing like this is what makes some houses much more beautiful than others.

Welldone oga Spyder!

Re: Construction Of A 6 Bedroom Duplex At Owerri by dude22: 4:02am On Nov 29, 2013
Great job my dear. These guys are best at their job. Where did u get these plasterers
Re: Construction Of A 6 Bedroom Duplex At Owerri by spyder880(m): 6:01am On Nov 29, 2013
dude22: Great job my dear. These guys are best at their job. Where did u get these plasterers

I 'imported' them from Togo cheesy
Re: Construction Of A 6 Bedroom Duplex At Owerri by FabioPeter: 9:57pm On Nov 29, 2013
Hello oga spyder. Pls give me a cost estimate for a 25 X 17m
1. Parapet
2. Wooden frame for roof
3. Stone coated roof
4. Workmanship
Thanks, anticipating your response as usual.
Re: Construction Of A 6 Bedroom Duplex At Owerri by spyder880(m): 5:20am On Dec 01, 2013
Fabio Peter: Hello oga spyder. Pls give me a cost estimate for a 25 X 17m
1. Parapet
2. Wooden frame for roof
3. Stone coated roof
4. Workmanship
Thanks, anticipating your response as usual.

Not as easy as you think to use those dimensions and arrive at a cost. Get a builder to the site and show him the building plans so he can calculate the materials and match it to the prevailing market prices in the area. Thanks.
Re: Construction Of A 6 Bedroom Duplex At Owerri by spyder880(m): 5:23am On Dec 01, 2013
The roofing tiles arrives! I have 4 carpenters here to put them on the roof where they belong.

Re: Construction Of A 6 Bedroom Duplex At Owerri by spyder880(m): 5:25am On Dec 01, 2013
We offloaded the truck and took the roofing tiles upstairs..........

Re: Construction Of A 6 Bedroom Duplex At Owerri by spyder880(m): 5:27am On Dec 01, 2013
Its a full house, plastering guys doing the living room and dining walls.

1 Like

Re: Construction Of A 6 Bedroom Duplex At Owerri by spyder880(m): 5:30am On Dec 01, 2013
Upstairs, I got more men doing their stuff. We are moving fast here and targets to complete the house plastering as soon as possible.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (19) (Reply)

Quality Granite Supply,haulage At A Reasonble Price / Man Returns From Dubai To See The House Built With Money He Sent Home / 31-Year-Old Landlady: 'I Built This House With My Money, Not With My Body'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.