Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:51 PM

ASUU Demanded For N87B & Not N92B As Reported By Okonjo-Iweala - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Demanded For N87B & Not N92B As Reported By Okonjo-Iweala (14103 Views)

FUTA Student Who Was Reported Missing Found. See What Happened. Photos / Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU Demanded For N87B & Not N92B As Reported By Okonjo-Iweala by eminikansoso(m): 11:12am On Aug 15, 2013
zibi2:

1 year jare grin grin
Re: ASUU Demanded For N87B & Not N92B As Reported By Okonjo-Iweala by Afroconnect: 11:12am On Aug 15, 2013
Miss Okonjo with her fat face had to add a lil something for themselves as usual.
Nigerians know all politicians are corrupt,the people are just in a quagmire what to do about it.
Re: ASUU Demanded For N87B & Not N92B As Reported By Okonjo-Iweala by Nobody: 11:14am On Aug 15, 2013
If I was the president I would decree that any lecturer not found in school teaching by next week monday have automatically lost his/her job,and it will be so because many undergraduates are looking for this job n this salary that these old idiots who hav refused to resign are playing with!!!!I will sack all of dem and employ new n fresh graduates who wuld be happy with the salry....imbeciles!!!!!
Re: ASUU Demanded For N87B & Not N92B As Reported By Okonjo-Iweala by Witi(m): 11:23am On Aug 15, 2013
Am sure you don't have anybody in Academics that is close to you, I wish ASUU can allow the government to carry out their wish to increase the IGR of Universities via Increment in school fees, by the time Federal Universities are paying between 100 to 120k as fees then you people will be ok. Those people that have been stealing your money that you are celebrating,have they contribute half of what an average lecture have contributed to national development in terms of human development. Amidst Poor and outdated teaching facilities, poor learning environment, lack of human capital development (lecturers are not suppose to be using their earned allowances to conduct research and publish research reports)in Nigerian Universities, Graduates produced that are employed are contributing to national development, some that have the opportunity are competing well with fellow graduates all over the globe. WHY DO NIGERIANS ALWAYS LEAVE LEPROSY TO RINGWORM. Imagine 87Billion as earned allowances for over 100,000 people one person stole while few people are stealing over 100billion. WITH PEOPLE LIKE YOU NIGERIA WILL NOT ACTUALIZE THE DREAM OF OUR FOUNDING FATHERS
emmanuel4758: for what ? No much diferent chai ASUU make una pity naija nah una tink say gej hav enough kwudi and stil go to china to borrow money abeg make una suspend dis strike after all some people never see garri drink una stil dey ask federal govt to increase una salary is dat nt greedy..
Shekson: Ridiculous!!!! For what service will allowances be paid for? Producing unemployable graduates Claiming supervision of sub-standard project works and thesis that cannot be reviewed for publications? Sex for grades services? money for grades services? Some of the lecturers are not even current in the academia world? Jz bein covered by a strong union. Mtschewwwwwwwwww
Maxymilliano: The government should as a matter of urgency enforce the No Work No Pay order ...
mikelreal: True talk! THOSE LECTURERS ARE MONSTERS, THEY DONT DESERVE ANYTHING! OLE!
Laalamed: it was 87b in 2009 and 92b in 2013. fg is right. ASUU is lying. bunch of thieves and sex offenders.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Demanded For N87B & Not N92B As Reported By Okonjo-Iweala by fabby26(m): 11:30am On Aug 15, 2013
All these so-called lecturers, teach Una no go teach, research,Una no go research, sort, Una go sort, collect current from female students, Una go collect. Una go dey eye big money Wai politicians dey chop, ok, kukuma make una enta politics naw,and leave lecturing work, if una think say e dey easy, una no go gree enter. GREEDY FOOLS BENT ON DAMAGING THE FUTURE OF THE YOUTHS. If I bey FGN, una go strike tire.i wish say no OBJ still dey for power, by now he for don dissolve ASUU.By their name will change to "uusa"(long throats) grin
Re: ASUU Demanded For N87B & Not N92B As Reported By Okonjo-Iweala by Koladechris(m): 11:40am On Aug 15, 2013
when will they call off the strike? thats what we want to hear from them.
Re: ASUU Demanded For N87B & Not N92B As Reported By Okonjo-Iweala by ChemicalMallam(m): 11:50am On Aug 15, 2013
Laalamed: it was 87b in 2009 and 92b in 2013. fg is right. ASUU is lying. bunch of thieves and sex offenders.

U dey there wen dem been day make d agreement ne?
Re: ASUU Demanded For N87B & Not N92B As Reported By Okonjo-Iweala by Dubemkelly(m): 11:52am On Aug 15, 2013
Which way Nigeria? Wetin em dey teach sef? Bunch of lazy fools hu aint committed to d wrk buh 4 d money..Dey only care 4 der allowance thot twas 4 d rehabilitation. SMH
Re: ASUU Demanded For N87B & Not N92B As Reported By Okonjo-Iweala by Gialmine(f): 11:52am On Aug 15, 2013
“This ASUU strike is a miasma of
a deprecable apothesis of an
hemorrhaging plutocracy,
cascadinly oozing into a
maladorous excresence of
mobocracy.
With all tarmangant ossifying
proclivities of a kakistocracy, our
knowledgia centura is enveloped
in a paraphlegic crinkum
crankum. Therefore, ASUU, cest
in dejavu, dejavu peret
ologomabia.”
GOD SAVE US OOº°˚ ˚°º `°
Re: ASUU Demanded For N87B & Not N92B As Reported By Okonjo-Iweala by favouryemmy: 12:32pm On Aug 15, 2013
Yungwizzzy: what difference does dat make? just go back to the classroom and stop being self centred

ASUU is fighting for the university system and for the students. Dont you want to have the same facilities that those in other developed countries have. Nigerian universities are lowly ranked in the world especially due to infrastructural deficiency; that is to say that Nigerian universities are suffering from infrastructural deficiency. That is not healthy for the education system and ASUU has decided not to allow this malady to continue. Its a pity the students are affected by it, but its for the better. At the end of the struggle, our laboratories should be better equipped to teach students on hand with the latest equipment.
Re: ASUU Demanded For N87B & Not N92B As Reported By Okonjo-Iweala by jaywilliams(f): 12:49pm On Aug 15, 2013
87B or 97B. Wat difference does it make? They shld carry themselves n head 2 d lecture rooms.
Re: ASUU Demanded For N87B & Not N92B As Reported By Okonjo-Iweala by fabby26(m): 12:50pm On Aug 15, 2013
favouryemmy:

ASUU is fighting for the university system and for the students. Dont you want to have the same facilities that those in other developed countries have. Nigerian universities are lowly ranked in the world especially due to infrastructural deficiency; that is to say that Nigerian universities are suffering from infrastructural deficiency. That is not healthy for the education system and ASUU has decided not to allow this malady to continue. Its a pity the students are affected by it, but its for the better. At the end of the struggle, our laboratories should be better equipped to teach students on hand with the latest equipment.

I hear you, even after the whole struggle and mission realized, the money will definitely be misappropriated. Have you ever asked what have some universities being doing with their so called FGN subventions and internally generated revenue Some Universities realize nothing less than 10 billion per academic year, and still they yearn for proper funding, if it is actually what they are fighting for.Misappropriation and embezzlement is parts and parcel of every sector especially education sector. The money will still go the same way its predecessors has gone. Believe it or not!
Re: ASUU Demanded For N87B & Not N92B As Reported By Okonjo-Iweala by GJames(m): 12:55pm On Aug 15, 2013
Breaking news:ASUU FINALLY SUSPENDS STRIKE...After a crucial meeting held this morning,the national president of the academic staff union of universities,(ASUU) Dr nasir fagge said that the federal govt nd the union have finally reached a compromise nd the strike will be suspended,sequel to the fact that their demands have been met by the FG.He urged students to go back to their various schools and start work,and also lamented that the lecturers should not teach the students until kano pillers wins UEFA champions league and when dealah of gurusloaded.com is ready to contest for the president of d federal republic of nigeria.In his statement,he said:students should go and learn hand work and leave ASUU and FG alone to continue their season film...
Re: ASUU Demanded For N87B & Not N92B As Reported By Okonjo-Iweala by slimikenna(m): 1:07pm On Aug 15, 2013
scottpirlo24: there is a lot different .... If the stupid senators and government officials can still funds in tones of billion and get away with it , then mrs Harvard who can not simple mathematics should tell his dummy president to get our students back to school...... So my friend if you don't knw wat to speak .. Jst close ur mouth

insulting another person's arithmetic skills in poor English?
Re: ASUU Demanded For N87B & Not N92B As Reported By Okonjo-Iweala by slimikenna(m): 1:24pm On Aug 15, 2013
texazzpete:

And why should a cultist like yourself get anything good?

You understand nothing. You think the answer to the problems in our University lies in worsening the welfare of Nigerian lecturers?
Poverty mentality sha. Good thing I am firmly on course to ensure my kids sidestep Naija universities. Na the masses go suffer the fruit of their imbecility.

nobody is worsening any lecturer's welfare. the lecturers are a serious problem to the educational system. i had my bsc in a state university, the lecturers were terribly corrupt. i ran my msc in a reputable federal university and it was much worse. if that money was for infrastructural development, provision of more equipments or facilities, i would had supported them. they said their workload is too much, why dont they ask for more lecturers to be employed? but no. the only rubbish i hear is that even senators are paid more. what stops them from becoming politicians? but no. they want their own share.
bear in mind that state universities are involved in the strike. so this 87/92 billion naira is for only federal lecturers. the state universities will also ask the same allowance(s) from their respective state govts...so we are looking at a chain reaction of possible 36 other strikes simultaneous or serially. ASUU is killing our university system. QED.
Re: ASUU Demanded For N87B & Not N92B As Reported By Okonjo-Iweala by cumpaddre(m): 1:31pm On Aug 15, 2013
***I spit on ASUU*** angry angry
Re: ASUU Demanded For N87B & Not N92B As Reported By Okonjo-Iweala by deeptesting(m): 1:33pm On Aug 15, 2013
Where are the human right activist and NGO`s who ought to fight for this children? When it is was oil subsidy they dragged the children to the streets now they have all gone into hiding...What about NANS i heard it is a political party now.Anyways, i will not advice the students to take to the streets as such protest would be hijacked by hoodlums and the end result will leave a bitter taste in our mouth...They should simply all go on hunger strike in there respective homes and when they start looking very skinny after 2 weeks without food they can post it on you-tube if they are really serious with their future,at least it will draw a global attention to the plight and history will be made..
Re: ASUU Demanded For N87B & Not N92B As Reported By Okonjo-Iweala by fresher: 1:41pm On Aug 15, 2013
T-smooth:
Abeg
make ASUU continue strike till ol d graduates weh de ground get job
1st. All dis 20yrs old boys/girls wan graduate come de brush shoulder with
them bros abi? ASUU we (me & seun) are fully behind u.
GUY YOU CORRECT
Re: ASUU Demanded For N87B & Not N92B As Reported By Okonjo-Iweala by zeedof(m): 1:47pm On Aug 15, 2013
Pedagogue: * Okonjo lost my long held respect because of her comments during the fuel subsidy imbroglio ...Now, she has lost ALL my respect!!!

* Regardless of whatever,OKonjo's posture is really inhumane...Someone that knows the value of education would naturally be expected to be careful when the issue of universities strike is being discussed!!!
**But not the mother of Harvard trained children..! She simply said Nigeria cannot afford to meet the demands of ASUU- and that is all !!!
** Okonjo,the most powerful Nigerian Minister ever,never saw anything wrong in Patience Jonathan's plan to launder billions of naira on a meaningless First Lady's building
** She equally never saw anything wrong in the billions of naira that the President marked for food in the villa
** Our very own Okonjo IWEALA has also not said the country cannot afford to pay ministers,senators,aides and other cronies their FAT salaries and allowances

*Nevertheless,like I said when ASUU announced their wicked strike, it's a self seeking strike...not for the betterment of Nigerian students nay universities!

*ASUU is the principal reason why the quality of our varsities is going down the rain- OR can anyone tell me that sex for mark lecturers,20k for 'B' lecturers and handout selling lecturers are better than our thieving politicians? Hell no! They are SAME OF SAME.
Nigerian students,know ye that your emancipation lies not in one selfish and greedy association called ASUU neither does it lie in thieving and wicked politicians...BUT your liberation can only come when you tell d govt that enough is enough!!!

D youths of any nation can do and undo...But how can Nigerian youths salvage their destiny when they always identify with the simpleton rubrics of ethnicity,religion and politicians stipends?
The problem of this nation is let my people be their either is doing good or bad. The success of this nation lies in the hand of the youth, because youth are the engine room of the nation but we youth has allow all this nonentity politician to mislead us without we review their work done.. The solution to this country is either we youth unite together and say no to the unscrupulous act of our leader or we divide...
Re: ASUU Demanded For N87B & Not N92B As Reported By Okonjo-Iweala by Mannylex(m): 1:49pm On Aug 15, 2013
Screw ASUU, screw the government, screw the country called Nigeria. And whoever wanna say anything, screw ur feelings.
Re: ASUU Demanded For N87B & Not N92B As Reported By Okonjo-Iweala by kzokul(m): 1:49pm On Aug 15, 2013
T-smooth:
Abeg
No b ur fault sha....
Na me say make u no hustle 4 job afta u grad with ur mates wey don alredy get 1...
Re: ASUU Demanded For N87B & Not N92B As Reported By Okonjo-Iweala by 3ace(m): 2:08pm On Aug 15, 2013
T-smooth:
Abeg
This post is funny but true. grin
Re: ASUU Demanded For N87B & Not N92B As Reported By Okonjo-Iweala by 3ace(m): 2:13pm On Aug 15, 2013
Na N87b, no na N92b. dis apple dey mara o. dem don turn am to small pikin argument. Mak dem resolve am one time and stop this silly show of shame joor.
Re: ASUU Demanded For N87B & Not N92B As Reported By Okonjo-Iweala by fasho01(m): 2:58pm On Aug 15, 2013
Its sad that the lecturers are only concerned about themselves and using poor infrastructure as an excuse to seek their selfish needs. They earn salaries & are here putting the nation's youth to ransom all for their allowances.

Greedy folks!!! sad

Not that I exonerate FG from all this. A single office holder embezzles hundreds of billions & yet they claim no money.

Please the lecturers should go back to work and keep negotiating with ASUU about their allowances#PERIOD
Re: ASUU Demanded For N87B & Not N92B As Reported By Okonjo-Iweala by emmanuel4758(m): 3:17pm On Aug 15, 2013
ENIMONEY: If I was the president I would decree that any lecturer not found in school teaching by next week monday have automatically lost his/her job,and it will be so because many undergraduates are looking for this job n this salary that these old idiots who hav refused to resign are playing with!!!!I will sack all of dem and employ new n fresh graduates who wuld be happy with the salry....imbeciles!!!!!
clap for ur silly coment
Re: ASUU Demanded For N87B & Not N92B As Reported By Okonjo-Iweala by emmanuel4758(m): 3:28pm On Aug 15, 2013
Witi: Am sure you don't have anybody in Academics that is close to you, I wish ASUU can allow the government to carry out their wish to increase the IGR of Universities via Increment in school fees, by the time Federal Universities are paying between 100 to 120k as fees then you people will be ok. Those people that have been stealing your money that you are celebrating,have they contribute half of what an average lecture have contributed to national development in terms of human development. Amidst Poor and outdated teaching facilities, poor learning environment, lack of human capital development (lecturers are not suppose to be using their earned allowances to conduct research and publish research reports)in Nigerian Universities, Graduates produced that are employed are contributing to national development, some that have the opportunity are competing well with fellow graduates all over the globe. WHY DO NIGERIANS ALWAYS LEAVE LEPROSY TO RINGWORM. Imagine 87Billion as earned allowances for over 100,000 people one person stole while few people are stealing over 100billion. WITH PEOPLE LIKE YOU NIGERIA WILL NOT ACTUALIZE THE DREAM OF OUR FOUNDING FATHERS

all d sortin dos lecturer dey collect nkor dat one na part of der job,if u calculatin d sortin in a year it wil be tanx 20 of wat dey ar requestin frm fed gvt,i see people like u wil make corruption worst in naija for me i dnt give a dam to selfish interest cuz dat kwudi is nt for research bt increase in salary so kep u mouth shut .
Re: ASUU Demanded For N87B & Not N92B As Reported By Okonjo-Iweala by gbengadada2004(m): 3:44pm On Aug 15, 2013
FG cannot afford to pay 92 Billion Naira to pay ASUU staff who believe western education is NOT a sin. But FG budgeted 980 Billion Naira to fight those who say western education is a sin!!! See life o.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Demanded For N87B & Not N92B As Reported By Okonjo-Iweala by donoti(m): 3:45pm On Aug 15, 2013
Hmmmm nah wa o, so nobody get truth 4 diz country
Re: ASUU Demanded For N87B & Not N92B As Reported By Okonjo-Iweala by proffemi: 3:46pm On Aug 15, 2013
Let’s get something straight: ASUU strikes are not just time-wasting exercises mounted by some selfish old men bent on lining their pockets. The Nigerian system *is* getting better, and it is largely as a result of better funding fought for by ASUU. I will mention two examples.

First, more funding has meant slightly better facilities than in the recent past. For example, my university is often referred to as the best in the country ICT-wise. Being close to the action, I know that the main reason for this is that at a time when other universities were asleep, mine invested heavily (both financially and using international clout) in ICT. In other words, more money into the system usually leads to improvements. If truth be told, I am sure that most of you can mention a few recent improvements in your schools which came about due to some injection of funds. So, even though the intervention has not been up to the extent requested by ASUU, the recent struggles have yielded some fruit in that direction.

I'll preface my second point with a couple of questions. Do you think the future of Nigeria itself depends on excellent universities? Do you think that to have excellent universities, we need to employ THE VERY BEST minds as academics? Now, let me ask you, how many of the best students of your university do you know that want to teach? In simple terms, if you want the best minds to stay in the system, you have to pay them well. Sure, when *I* chose to lecture, money was not my primary motivation, but lets face facts here, I do not expect everyone to have whatever rosy ideals drove me. Some people just wanna get paid. Ask yourself, if you were the best student in Nigeria, would you chose to lecture? What I am saying is: lets forget rhetorics, to retain the best minds that this job requires, you need to pay lecturers well, otherwise, we will perpetually get stuck with second class minds, with just a few top minds who stick around just because they are apparently idealist fools - like me, if I may say so smiley

Again, I can tell you that the recent struggles have yielded dividends here. The recent increases in salaries of academics has meant that, using my university as an example again, we are better able to attract young academics from close to the top of the pack than, say, 15 years ago. We still can't quite retain our actual best students, but we are getting there.

So, irrespective of your view of the current strike, whether you vilify ASUU or not, you should know that the system *is* improving. Slowly, but surely, we have been able to force a few improvements out of the government's hand. By the time the current strike is over, perhaps a few more of my students will think of me as a selfish lecturer, but I also know that we would (hopefully!) have been able to wrest a few more improvements from the hands of a clueless government.

On a parting note, think about this: a university in Nigeria was recently ranked as one of the top 10 in Africa for the first time ever. Sure, the real value of that ranking is open to debate, but make no mistake, it does mean something: our (at least some) universities are improving. Don't think that such improvements just happened; They are the fruits of struggles such as the one you are currently panning.

E go better.
Re: ASUU Demanded For N87B & Not N92B As Reported By Okonjo-Iweala by sweetgala(m): 4:27pm On Aug 15, 2013
"Melo in efa ninu eje" is what the Yoruba say. 87 and 92 what is the difference.
Re: ASUU Demanded For N87B & Not N92B As Reported By Okonjo-Iweala by michealade(m): 4:51pm On Aug 15, 2013
3ace: This post is funny but true. grin
3ace sound lyk one oau student union iv heard of b4.wel ma filins,Bleep d government,Bleep ASUU,Bleep dose bunch of stewpid old lecturers,Bleep nans,fucker labour..fukest d senators..and to hel with GEJ

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Protesting LASPOTECH Students Ground Ikorodu BRT Terminus / UNIBEN Students Protest Against N20,000 Levy, Block Benin Expressway (Video) / The Nigeria Custom Service Replacement Form On Sales

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.