Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,406 members, 7,819,437 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:18 PM

Fashola's Performance Is Overblown – CACOL - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola's Performance Is Overblown – CACOL (18350 Views)

Fashola Can’t Run Power Ministry Like He Ran Lagos —CACOL / CACOL To Sue EFCC For Not Probing Fashola / Nigeria Corruption Rating Is Political, Overblown – Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fashola's Performance Is Overblown – CACOL by Maxymilliano(m): 3:36pm On Aug 15, 2013
Executive Chairman, Coalition Against Corrupt Leaders, Mr. Debo Adeniran, says the performance of Lagos State Governor Babatunde Fashola is overblown.

He said the performance of Fashola’s government did not match the revenue accruing to the state on a monthly basis.

Adeniran said this at the annual convention of the coalition in Lagos on Wednesday.

He said, “The Babatunde Fashola-led Lagos State Government is fake, pretentious and partial. The government might have also been involved in monumental corruption at its peak.

“Though the state government is said to have done a lot for the state, CACOL found out that the government has not done as much as it has been portrayed.

“The budget of the state is in excess of N20bn monthly without substantial proof of what it has been used for. We have undertaken an assessment of the 57 councils in the state and it has proved that the LASG is over-hyped for doing very little.”

He said the group’s hypothesis had shown that the budgetary impact on infrastructural development in the state was not accessible.

He added, “However, we have yet to come to the conclusion as regards how much money had been spent on infrastructure; we would not just say corruption has set in. Maybe, the money is being kept somewhere, but definitely, it has not been spent on what they claim. Adeniran said the alleged “secrecy” of the Lagos State Government was questionable, stressing that it could have engaged in “monumental corruption” more than anyone could ever imagine.

He said, “Through propaganda, the LASG has been able to cajole Lagosians to believe that Fashola is, at present, the most performing governor in the country. It is unfortunate that Nigerians easily believe anything. There should not be secrecy in government; it should be open and transparent. Let LASG prove that their hands are clean.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/lagos-govs-performance-overblown-cacol/

53 Likes

Re: Fashola's Performance Is Overblown – CACOL by oshyno(m): 3:41pm On Aug 15, 2013
Gen gen

1 Like

Re: Fashola's Performance Is Overblown – CACOL by seanet02: 3:50pm On Aug 15, 2013
This is the kind of thread maximiliano will create.
Debo adeniran should go and sit down somewhere jor.

5 Likes

Re: Fashola's Performance Is Overblown – CACOL by Kairoseki77: 3:50pm On Aug 15, 2013
Looks like the Coalition Against Corrupt Leaders has received an envelope recently. SMH.

9 Likes

Re: Fashola's Performance Is Overblown – CACOL by omongbatim: 3:51pm On Aug 15, 2013
Duh!! That is an open secret. Bribe the Lagos press, get publicity.

8 Likes

Re: Fashola's Performance Is Overblown – CACOL by alexchiny: 3:56pm On Aug 15, 2013
hehehehehe. Now a Yorubaman is saying it, guess it must be true then. Overhyped Fashola!

25 Likes

Re: Fashola's Performance Is Overblown – CACOL by Yorubest: 4:40pm On Aug 15, 2013
If his performance is overhyped, how come it is the number one investment destination in Nigeria?

How come, despite being the most populous, the state is about the most peaceful?

If with N20bn, Lagos still manages to get by and provide infrastructure for about 20millon people, please tell me what the FG is doing with over N160bn monthly for over 160million Nigerians

46 Likes

Re: Fashola's Performance Is Overblown – CACOL by omongbatim: 4:42pm On Aug 15, 2013
Yorubest: If his performance is overhyped, how come it is the number one investment destination in Nigeria?

How come, despite being the most populous, the state is about the most peaceful?

If with N20bn, Lagos still manages to get by and provide infrastructure for about 20millon people, please tell me what the FG is doing with over N160bn monthly for over 160million Nigerians

Most peaceful ke?

You dey dream?

31 Likes

Re: Fashola's Performance Is Overblown – CACOL by phantom(m): 5:35pm On Aug 15, 2013
If this topic hit front page, make i naked baff for baffroom grin

9 Likes

Re: Fashola's Performance Is Overblown – CACOL by olabukola: 5:53pm On Aug 15, 2013
The op and CACOL president must be ibo people. Rubbish
Re: Fashola's Performance Is Overblown – CACOL by ShineuEye: 5:57pm On Aug 15, 2013
Maxymilliano: Executive Chairman, Coalition Against Corrupt Leaders, Mr. Debo Adeniran, says the performance of Lagos State Governor Babatunde Fashola is overblown.

He said the group’s hypothesis had shown that the budgetary impact on infrastructural development in the state was not accessible.

He added, “However, we have yet to come to the conclusion as regards how much money had been spent on infrastructure; we would not just say corruption has set in. [size=14pt]Maybe, the money is being kept somewhere[/size], but definitely, it has not been spent on what they claim. Adeniran said the alleged “secrecy” of the Lagos State Government was questionable, stressing that it could have engaged in “monumental corruption” more than anyone could ever imagine.

He said, “Through propaganda, the LASG has been able to cajole Lagosians to believe that Fashola is, at present, the most performing governor in the country.

http://www.punchng.com/news/lagos-govs-performance-overblown-cacol/

The money is definitely kept somewhere...somewhere like Tinubu's account. I knew Fashola was a fraud.

35 Likes

Re: Fashola's Performance Is Overblown – CACOL by bloggernaija: 6:24pm On Aug 15, 2013
Some people are just plain stupid and innumerate
First of all let us distribute that 20 billion naira per head .
That is thousand naira. Barely $7/head.
Note that a lot of work has to be done to even raise this revenue.
What can you do with this amount of money

Over a 1000 public schools,many of whom contain children of economic refugees from other state who have been discarded .
An extensive network of roads,bridges and drainage which has to be consistently and frequently maintained.
The massive security challenges.
The large amount of refuse generated .

16 Likes

Re: Fashola's Performance Is Overblown – CACOL by EkoAtlantic: 6:56pm On Aug 15, 2013
He added, “However, we have yet to come to the conclusion as regards how much money had been spent on infrastructure; we would not just say corruption has set in. Maybe, the money is being kept somewhere, but definitely, it has not been spent on what they claim. Adeniran said the alleged “secrecy” of the Lagos State Government was questionable, stressing that it could have engaged in “monumental corruption” more than anyone could ever imagine.

It's baffling the way some people just open their mouth and vomit trash. He claimed that 'he and his team have not come to any conclusion as regards how much money had been spent on infrastructure', but they concluded that Lagos gov's performance is overblown.
Then why must he open his mouth when they haven't gotten any meaningful stat. or document that proves Lagos gov's performance is overblown?
The funny part is when he used "may be" cheesy
What kind of anti-corruption agency uses words full of uncertainty?
The desperation of some jobless nigerians is getting abnormal. GEJ better get them a sure-P job.

...Executive Chairman, Coalition Against Corrupt Leaders, Mr. Debo Adeniran
I'm hearing this one for the first time o. cheesy

18 Likes

Re: Fashola's Performance Is Overblown – CACOL by EkoAtlantic: 7:08pm On Aug 15, 2013
Shine u Eye:

The money is definitely kept somewhere... somewhere like Tinubu's account. I knew Fashola was a fraud.

Another educated illiterate. Those sentences highlighted have been used repeatedly over the years by your likes, but no single meaningful ant-corruption agency under the FG(EFCC, ICPC, SSS) ever came up with investigations justifying your assertions, yet you keep repeating the same thing.

Don't you think it's safer you visit a psychiatrist for yours and others interest?

11 Likes

Re: Fashola's Performance Is Overblown – CACOL by Nobody: 7:20pm On Aug 15, 2013
Eko Atlantic:

Another educated illiterate. Those sentences highlighted have been used repeatedly over the years by your likes, but no single meaningful ant-corruption agency under the FG(EFCC, ICPC, SSS) ever came up with investigations justifying your assertions, yet you keep repeating the same thing.

Don't you think it's safer you visit a psychiatrist for yours and others interest?

Don't mind the bunch of simpletons! I get upset when they parrot all the nonsense they vomit about someone diverting money to another person's account as if such is always shrouded in secrecy.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola's Performance Is Overblown – CACOL by Goddex: 7:39pm On Aug 15, 2013
Are these CACOL people learners?
Everthing about LASG is media hype and propaganda.

Apart from the huge IGR and federal allocation, I hear it will take Lagos 60 yrs to pay off foreign and domestic debts that these APC criminals have acquired in the last 14 yrs.

5 Likes

Re: Fashola's Performance Is Overblown – CACOL by takedat(m): 7:40pm On Aug 15, 2013
I respect 'Debo Adeniran's brand of activism, but if he feels the performance of LASG is overblown and sustained on propaganda that is his personal opinion. Lagosians are not diminished minds and airheads. If Fashola is overhyped, then the FG and other state governors are gross failures.

22 Likes

Re: Fashola's Performance Is Overblown – CACOL by takedat(m): 7:43pm On Aug 15, 2013
Goddex: Are these CACOL people learners?
Everthing about LASG is media hype and propaganda.

Apart from the huge IGR and federal allocation, I hear it will take Lagos 60 yrs to pay off foreign and domestic debts that these APC criminals have acquired in the last 14 yrs.
How many years would it take to pay off the debts incurred by the PDP? 200 years?

'Blessed are the young, for they shall inherit the National Debt.'

12 Likes

Re: Fashola's Performance Is Overblown – CACOL by Maxymilliano(m): 8:58pm On Aug 15, 2013
seanet02: This is the kind of thread maximiliano will create.

grin may be I should reproduce for you the electronic copy of the invite sent out to by Debo Adeniran so that you'll understand the basis of the assessment. The event took place yesterday and what was reported by Punch News was just a snippet of what he actually said ...

Tuesday, 6 August 2013
News Release: Invitation To CACOL 2nd Annual General Convention/Book Presentation

The Coalition Against Corrupt Leaders (CACOL) as a group of civil society, community based and non-governmental organization with the objective of fighting corruption and corrupt persons by any means possible at all levels in Nigeria holds Annual General Convention that incorporates Public Lectures where issues of corruption are raised and addressed.

The main aim of the Annual General Convention is to update members’ information about the general activities of the Coalition, consider accounts of activities of the passing year and decide the thrust of activities in the coming year. The AGC also engages in the recognition of new branches and units as well as welcoming of new members. The convention will also serve as an avenue for members to socialize and network with and among one another.

A major activity of this year’s Convention is the formal presentation of a book titled ‘Lagos Open Parliament - The True State of Lagos by Lagosians’.

Lagos Open Parliament is a report of On-the-ground Assessment of the State of Budgetary Implementation on Infrastructural Development in Lagos State carried out by the Coalition Against Corrupt Leaders (CACOL). The first Lagos Open Parliament forum was held at the Federal Institute of Medical Research, Yaba, Lagos in December 2010, which attracted participants from nineteen (19) out of the twenty local government areas in Lagos State. Civil Society, Human Rights and Community based Organisations as well as other concerned Lagosians from different parts of the state, were equally involved in the aggregate of 150 participants that attended the forum.

As a follow up to the forum, CACOL distributed over 20,000 questionnaires across the whole 20 local government in the state to elicit the reactions of Lagosians to infrastructural development in the state.
The report of the forum and the data collated from the questionnaires administered with the content analysis of some electronic, print and internet media reports formed the basis for this publication called the Lagos Open Parliament - The True State of Lagos by Lagosians.

To this end, the Coalition Against Corrupt Leaders (CACOL) humbly invites you to the Convention/Public Presentation of LOP, which has been scheduled as follows:

Theme: Making Probity And Accountability In Governance Obligatory: Ways, Means, Strategies And Tactics

Date: Wednesday, 14 August, 2013
Time: 10:00 am
Venue: Yard 158, The Events Arena, between UAC Foods and First Bank Bus-stop, Kudirat Abiola Way, Oregun, Lagos

Thanking you for the anticipated cooperation as we look forward to seeing you there.

Yours in the struggle,
Debo Adeniran
Executive Chairman, CACOL
dadnig@yahoo.com

Attached is the picture of Comrade Debo Adeniran Mrs Ganiyat Fawehinmi and Comrade Waheed Lawal at CACOL annual Convention in Lagos.

Re: Fashola's Performance Is Overblown – CACOL by Maxymilliano(m): 9:09pm On Aug 15, 2013
Eko Atlantic:
... Executive Chairman,Coalition Against Corrupt Leaders, Mr. Debo Adeniran

I'm hearing this one for the first time o. cheesy

As a learner, Mallam Nuhu Ribadu and Madam Farida Waziri can help you out on the person of Debo Adeniran and what CACOL is all about ...

4 Likes

Re: Fashola's Performance Is Overblown – CACOL by Nobody: 10:36pm On Aug 15, 2013
seanet02: This is the kind of thread maximiliano will create.
Did he create the thread or he copied and pasted?

3 Likes

Re: Fashola's Performance Is Overblown – CACOL by deeptesting(m): 11:27pm On Aug 15, 2013
Yorubest: If his performance is overhyped, how come it is the number one investment destination in Nigeria?

Stick to the facts mentioned by CACOL, it is about LASG and not FG,i am one person who is not been deceived by the media hype and praise singers of the governor as over performing; that is not to say that he is docile but few points mentioned are worth considering:

1.We have undertaken an assessment of the 57 councils in the state and it has proved that the LASG is over-hyped for doing very little.”

2. The group’s hypothesis had shown that the budgetary impact on infrastructural development in the state was not accessible.

3. “The budget of the state is in excess of N20bn monthly with little to show for it..

11 Likes

Re: Fashola's Performance Is Overblown – CACOL by karlmax2: 11:46pm On Aug 15, 2013
deeptesting:

Stick to the facts mentioned by CACOL, it is about LASG and not FG,i am one person who is not been deceived by the media hype and praise singers of the governor as over performing; that is not to say that he is docile but few points mentioned are worth considering:

1.We have undertaken an assessment of the 57 councils in the state and it has proved that the LASG is over-hyped for doing very little.”

2. The group’s hypothesis had shown that the budgetary impact on infrastructural development in the state was not accessible.

3. “The budget of the state is in excess of N20bn monthly with little to show for it..

this is what fashole's ora esa's (praise singer's) on nairaland are known for when fashole is found wanting the try to divert attention to the fg or gej.on the topic,this is what we've known and have been saying here on this forum that the lagos state government is running a wash wash government.very soon he would send his boys to go and seal off their office and their houses.cos of this press release

18 Likes

Re: Fashola's Performance Is Overblown – CACOL by talktimi(m): 12:02am On Aug 16, 2013
bloggernaija: Some people are just plain stupid and innumerate
First of all let us distribute that 20 billion naira per head .
That is thousand naira. Barely $7/head.
Note that a lot of work has to be done to even raise this revenue.
What can you do with this amount of money

Over a 1000 public schools,many of whom contain children of economic refugees from other state who have been discarded .
An extensive network of roads,bridges and drainage which has to be consistently and frequently maintained.
The massive security challenges.
The large amount of refuse generated .
you always have a difficult time trying to articulate proper arguments to expound your points. What you posted here is either trash or rubbish.

6 Likes

Re: Fashola's Performance Is Overblown – CACOL by agbameta: 12:14am On Aug 16, 2013
I won't wate my breath on these attention seeking jokers so I'll pass..

2 Likes

Re: Fashola's Performance Is Overblown – CACOL by talktimi(m): 12:38am On Aug 16, 2013
Any governor can pave a few roads and plant a few flowers, call the press and people will clap for him saying he's the best thing since ice cream was invented. Now the LASG is blaming its ineptitude on the influx of non Lagosians into the state which i rate as a very lazy argument but suprisingly my "enlightened & sophisticated" fellow electorate have bought into this silly excuse. The LASG isnt paying these "foreigners" or even "indigents" any form of welfare allowance but rather enforcing one of the most effective tax regimes this country has ever seen at least in recent times. Education, health care, transportation etc sector by sector there would have been a far bigger revolution with 20 billion naira monthly & over 600 billion in loans than is presently on ground and that is the bitter truth. The solution starts by handing LG's their autonomy since they're closer to the masses. The FG is an argument for another day.

6 Likes

Re: Fashola's Performance Is Overblown – CACOL by Nobody: 1:11am On Aug 16, 2013
cheap publicity,the best governor Lagos ever had.... his achievements speak for him..

though some of his policies are way overboard,but i give it to him in terms of performance.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola's Performance Is Overblown – CACOL by babsomotde(m): 1:11am On Aug 16, 2013
I don talk am... Politicians and their Politricks. I don't care.
Re: Fashola's Performance Is Overblown – CACOL by kolado(m): 1:27am On Aug 16, 2013
I think commonsense often gives credibility to innocent representation of facts. In such case of a rattlesnake like Cacol trying to start a popularity stunt by saying Fashola's performance is overblown makes them a fool of the decade.

3 Likes

Re: Fashola's Performance Is Overblown – CACOL by naija2(f): 1:30am On Aug 16, 2013
Fashola being ova hyped or not, he is still one of those Governors(I don't know any oda) that even though the money given to him could not be accounted for, still managed to make Lagos a better place to live in. Even though everything iss just a cover up for whateva he might be doing, he still made Lagos a beta place to live in. And who even knows how much money is invested to make something that is so little. All he has done might be a cover up but it is still beta than doing nothing like some governors.He is giving Lagos a new face and that is all dat really matters.
Re: Fashola's Performance Is Overblown – CACOL by NellyGhenghen(m): 1:32am On Aug 16, 2013
what is this man saying? fashola has cleaned up lagos!! has he been to oshodi? fashola is one of the best governors naija has ever produced... But haters are always gnna hate.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola's Performance Is Overblown – CACOL by Trustgt(m): 1:34am On Aug 16, 2013
The group assessment of Fashola performance is based on questionnaires sent out to people and not investigation they carried out and came up with this conclusion, they are not being sincere. If Fashola performance is overblown, then, some state governors are in trouble, when their report sheets are out.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

APC Wishes Nigerians Happy Valentine’s Day / New Supreme Court Judges Sworn In (Photos) / I ‘ll Clinch PDP Presidential Ticket—saraki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.