Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,997 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:54 AM

Many Policemen Are Armed Robbers, Gun Dealers – AIG - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Many Policemen Are Armed Robbers, Gun Dealers – AIG (928 Views)

Do You See Anything Wrong In What These Policemen Are Doing / Policemen Are Back On Our Roads O.....as soon as a new IG came in! / Boko Haram: Our Policemen Are Mercenaries –tsav (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Many Policemen Are Armed Robbers, Gun Dealers – AIG by Euroclydon(m): 4:39pm On Aug 15, 2013
The Assistant Inspector-General of Police (AIG), Zone 6 Command, Mr. Jonathan Johnson, has expressed concern over the involvement of some policemen in criminal activities.

Johnson, who stated this during his visit to Akwa Ibom State Police Command in Uyo on Tuesday, alleged that many Nigerian policemen were armed robbers and get killed on daily because of their involvement in various criminal activities.

“If you investigate our men, you will discover some are armed robbers. We are not contented with what they have; we go to the road to extort money from people, engage in illegal business, and liaise with armed robbers”, he said, warning that any policemen caught in anti-social acts would be dismissed.

The AIG added that “No criminal has lived in his criminality and never been caught. If you want to live in palava, you will die in palava”.

He also accused police officers of selling arms and ammunition to criminals, aiding and abetting crime, turning cases upside down, conniving with suspects, and engaging in conspiracy.

The police who did not spare the Criminal Investigation Department (CID) of the Nigeria Police Force, said corruption was embedded in the unit.

He accused police officers of giving information to hoodlums leading to the criminals killing their colleagues.

http://metronaija.com/many-policemen-are-armed-robbers-gun-dealers-aig/#.UgzznF1Wg54.twitter
Re: Many Policemen Are Armed Robbers, Gun Dealers – AIG by rooftech: 8:57pm On Aug 15, 2013
i am happy you know,what we all know too well
Re: Many Policemen Are Armed Robbers, Gun Dealers – AIG by rooftech: 11:24pm On Aug 15, 2013
i am happy you know this
Re: Many Policemen Are Armed Robbers, Gun Dealers – AIG by Maidoki14(m): 12:20am On Aug 16, 2013
So pathetic.
Re: Many Policemen Are Armed Robbers, Gun Dealers – AIG by scribble: 1:04am On Aug 16, 2013
front page tinz...nigerian police na mafia na
Re: Many Policemen Are Armed Robbers, Gun Dealers – AIG by Nobody: 5:13am On Aug 16, 2013
A Nigerian policeman is poisonous than a snake.
Re: Many Policemen Are Armed Robbers, Gun Dealers – AIG by 234GT(m): 5:38am On Aug 16, 2013
What is the way forward Mr AIG?
Re: Many Policemen Are Armed Robbers, Gun Dealers – AIG by StellaBella(f): 5:42am On Aug 16, 2013
Well done AIG!
Now what?
Re: Many Policemen Are Armed Robbers, Gun Dealers – AIG by greatgod2012(f): 6:08am On Aug 16, 2013
So, what is the way out now?

I've always been afraid of policemen, they are dangerous and poisonous.
If you have one policeman as a friend or as a neighbour and you somehow need his/her help in a situation, you are on your own o, because that particular one is the one that will help to make your case complex.

If you sell to them on credit, they won't pay on time or even at all.
If you need their help in getting any document, they will drain your pocket dry.
You have them as tenant, you are in for problem.
They are so used to bribery.
Some are good people among them, but the bad eggs among them far outweigh the good ones.
I'm so happy that the AIG know all these and I hope to see changes in the NPF.
May God help our country and the police force.
Re: Many Policemen Are Armed Robbers, Gun Dealers – AIG by 3ace(m): 8:38am On Aug 16, 2013
Very courageous of him to admit that publicly. But the fact of the matter is that most people join the force as a result of the unemployment situation in the country; not because of they like combat. So when they get there, they will always be concerned about how much money they make rather than contribute positively to the force. That is why job racketeering in the force must stop so as to employ the right people. Then they should be adequately compensated. I'm not sure about this but seems there was a recent news that 5k should be deducted from their salaries. This to me is dangerous as it can spur them not to be dedicated/loyal any longer. I also pity them sometimes when I see them in the streets with no bullet proof jacket. A police can be shot at at anytime because he doesn't know the looming danger around and he's always a target by criminals. So this jacket could be a life saver sometimes. Some even don't carry fire power and they expected to challenge armed robbers. All these are counterproductive and can make them make huge money illegally instead of making peanuts and remaining loyal to an organization that is not concerned about there wellbeing and safety. Though there will always be bad eggs in the force, but if proper management/administration is permitted in the force, this menace will be curbed.
Re: Many Policemen Are Armed Robbers, Gun Dealers – AIG by Noraokon: 8:47am On Aug 16, 2013
Good a thing the AIG admitted the involvement of its operatives in social vices. it takes a lot of courage to make a public admission such as this. i really commend him 4 that. i have always advocated for a total shake up in our Police Force where the bad ones will be sieved out.

(1) (Reply)

Suntai Has Resumed - Taraba Assembly (see Constitution) / Our Niger Delta: Betrayal As Fulfilment / Pictures:fashola,fayemi,amosun,7 Other Governors,buhari,bisi Akande,at APC Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.