Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,640 members, 7,820,249 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:05 PM

INEC Registers Two More Political Parties - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INEC Registers Two More Political Parties (7864 Views)

London Court Registers N99 Billion Judgment Against Nigerian Military / Buhari Registers For National Identity Card (photo) / INEC Registers Democratic People’s Congress (DPC) As New Political Party (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

INEC Registers Two More Political Parties by nairaarea: 6:32pm On Aug 16, 2013
PRESS STATEMENT
August 16, 2013

INEC Registers Two New Parties

The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has registered two new political parties in accordance with the provisions of the 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria (as Amended) and the Electoral Act 2010 (as Amended).

The newly registered parties are the Independent Democrats (ID) and the Peoples Democratic Movement (PDM).

The Constitution, Manifesto, Logo/Flag and list of National Executive Officers of each party have also been approved by the Commission.

A. C. Ogakwu (Mrs)
Secretary to the Commission

https://www.facebook.com/inecnigeria?hc_location=stream

Re: INEC Registers Two More Political Parties by otokx(m): 7:45pm On Aug 16, 2013
Atiku Atiku
Re: INEC Registers Two More Political Parties by ofala(m): 7:51pm On Aug 16, 2013
I saw it coming but not this way. Politics of idealogy is still very far from Nigerian political space. My question remains: WHAT IS IN THERE FOR POOR NIGERIANS?
Re: INEC Registers Two More Political Parties by Biodup: 8:11pm On Aug 16, 2013
PDM, Pdp don get pikin. Oshi rederede

1 Like

Re: INEC Registers Two More Political Parties by Ajibam: 8:24pm On Aug 16, 2013
Nice development,,,,nigeria is moving upwardgrin
Re: INEC Registers Two More Political Parties by PapaBrowne(m): 11:43pm On Aug 16, 2013
Not good for APC!
Re: INEC Registers Two More Political Parties by homesteady(m): 12:06am On Aug 17, 2013
I'll prefer this party to APC! Because my people say "An empty drum makes the loudest noise".
They did not go up and down boring us about their new party like APC, they just went ahead and registered! No fanfare!

2 Likes

Re: INEC Registers Two More Political Parties by StObaino1(m): 12:11am On Aug 17, 2013
Why can't we stick to 2 or 3 parties at most. This way we would me more democratic.
There will be stronger and united oppositions to challenge the ruling party..

1 Like

Re: INEC Registers Two More Political Parties by bashydemy(m): 5:15am On Aug 17, 2013
homesteady: I'll prefer this party to APC! Because my people say "An empty drum makes the loudest noise".
They did not go up and down boring us about their new party like APC, they just went ahead and registered! No fanfare!
Well did you know what happened before they register APC? That shows APC is the party on ground for now. Some controversies show up like PDP trying to destabilize the acronym by sponsoring and financing another APC trying to give the real and legal APC hard time. Also the new APC comprise of different political parties trying to be under one umbrella so that alone will give them so much problem in getting the party register. So APC all the way.

1 Like

Re: INEC Registers Two More Political Parties by adavetee(m): 5:30am On Aug 17, 2013
Kai! Omoh see wash for APC. I'm sure PDP sponsored this to distaberlise APC's agenda. It will no more be a two party show in 2015 as the APC had planned.
Re: INEC Registers Two More Political Parties by Standing5(m): 5:35am On Aug 17, 2013
PapaBrowne: Not good for APC!
Why not PDP?
Re: INEC Registers Two More Political Parties by Standing5(m): 5:39am On Aug 17, 2013
homesteady: I'll prefer this party to APC! Because my people say "An empty drum makes the loudest noise".
You call planning of merger of known performing parties ''noise and going up and down''? Too weak! You can go and support one with no track record out of the feeling of insecurity APC is giving you.
Re: INEC Registers Two More Political Parties by StObaino1(m): 6:38am On Aug 17, 2013
Well let's watch and see. Soon we will knw their game plan and those behind it.

2 Likes

Re: INEC Registers Two More Political Parties by bashydemy(m): 6:54am On Aug 17, 2013
adavetee: Kai! Omoh see wash for APC. I'm sure PDP sponsored this to distaberlise APC's agenda. It will no more be a two party show in 2015 as the APC had planned.
Do you mean wash for APC? you might still be in dream land.PDP just break into 3 parties and you think its will affect APC? PDP is really down.

1 Like

Re: INEC Registers Two More Political Parties by Nobody: 12:23pm On Aug 18, 2013
Bringing the total number to...........?

1 Like

Re: INEC Registers Two More Political Parties by Nobody: 12:26pm On Aug 18, 2013
lipsrsealed
Re: INEC Registers Two More Political Parties by omiobo: 12:36pm On Aug 18, 2013
PapaBrowne: Not good for APC!
Huuh..hunnh! Not good for PDP. A house divided against itself cannot stand.

1 Like

Re: INEC Registers Two More Political Parties by Monimatic(m): 12:40pm On Aug 18, 2013
Greedy Northern Polithiefians: Former Nigerian VP Atiku
Abubakar ,8 Northern Governors. and Governor Rotimi Amaechi of Rivers State adopts Touch Light as Logo of their Newly registered PDM.
It is not known if the Peoples
Democratic Movement (PDM) got copyright permision from Nigerian music Funky Mallam and torch bearer Zakky Azzay, and no confirmation if the PDM touch lights and batteries are Made in Nigeria
Too many Northern Presidential candidates from the North will make the North never smell the Presidency again. Expect Al Mustapha to form his own party and constest for Presidency too., Balarabe Musa, Buhari, Tambuwal, Atiku, Babaginda Aliu, Sule Lamido and others, how do these greedy Northern presidential hopefuls think they can win GEJ, when they have all refused to unite to present one candidate against GEJ, 2015 is moving in favour of GEJ every day.
HATE IT OR LOVE IT.

3 Likes

Re: INEC Registers Two More Political Parties by moodswing(m): 12:50pm On Aug 18, 2013
I need my party registered. Alliance Of Politicians.
Re: INEC Registers Two More Political Parties by Candybob(m): 12:56pm On Aug 18, 2013
Naija politrics... We are watching oo! PDP is set to go down.

1 Like

Re: INEC Registers Two More Political Parties by kennyonthrone(m): 1:00pm On Aug 18, 2013
R
Re: INEC Registers Two More Political Parties by Saraben(f): 1:04pm On Aug 18, 2013
united we stand,divided we fall,instead of dm to unite ,dey keep seperating..PDP is stil ahead

1 Like

Re: INEC Registers Two More Political Parties by ugoezeik(m): 1:04pm On Aug 18, 2013
Monimatic: Greedy Northern Polithiefians: Former Nigerian VP Atiku
Abubakar ,8 Northern Governors. and Governor Rotimi Amaechi of Rivers State adopts Touch Light as Logo of their Newly registered PDM.
Democratic Movement (PDM) got copyright permision from Nigerian music Funky Mallam and torch bearer Zakky Azzay, and no confirmation if the PDM touch lights and batteries are Made in Nigeria
Too many Northern Presidential candidates from the North will make the North never smell the Presidency again. Expect Al Mustapha to form his own party and constest for Presidency too., Balarabe Musa, Buhari, Tambuwal, Atiku, Babaginda Aliu, Sule Lamido and others, how do these greedy Northern presidential hopefuls think they can win GEJ, when they have all refused to unite to present one candidate against GEJ, 2015 is moving in favour of GEJ every day.
HATE IT OR LOVE IT.
seconded
Re: INEC Registers Two More Political Parties by Kairoseki77: 1:08pm On Aug 18, 2013

APC was a merger, different process entirely.
Re: INEC Registers Two More Political Parties by Vanityupnvanity(m): 1:08pm On Aug 18, 2013
Soon inec will register independent republican after registering independent democrat.

But wait oo! How long did it take inec to register the two parties compared to the time it took it to register apc

1 Like

Re: INEC Registers Two More Political Parties by USDRONE(m): 1:22pm On Aug 18, 2013
Saraben: united we stand,divided we fall,instead of dm to unite ,dey keep seperating..PDP is stil ahead
How sure are you that this is not a stratedy PDP is using to split APC. These parties might decide to step down for them at the 11th hour. I am very sorry, i dont trust that party called PDP, i dont even trust APC neither do i trust APGA. I am not sure if i will be ready to trust PDM and ID though i still trust and believe in NIGERIA. Long live NAIJA.
Re: INEC Registers Two More Political Parties by USDRONE(m): 1:28pm On Aug 18, 2013
Monimatic: Greedy Northern Polithiefians: Former Nigerian VP Atiku
Democratic Movement (PDM) got copyright permision from Nigerian music Funky Mallam and torch bearer Zakky Azzay, and no confirmation if the PDM touch lights and batteries are Made in Nigeria.

We are tired of Touch lights and Batteries we need ELECTRICITY, pure ELECTRICITY.

2 Likes

Re: INEC Registers Two More Political Parties by LagosBoi2(m): 1:44pm On Aug 18, 2013
good for pdp, scatter for a better Nigeria.
Re: INEC Registers Two More Political Parties by kelvin2yk: 1:44pm On Aug 18, 2013

are u in this country cos if u do, u w knw exactly what happened to APC before they could registered them, stop babbling
Re: INEC Registers Two More Political Parties by bukiboy(m): 2:16pm On Aug 18, 2013
It's sad to hear that we still associate with polical party simply because the party was registered with noise.
Its high time we check the characteristics of each party, the major players, there integrity, what they stand for and most importantly, what will ne the gain of the people.
Re: INEC Registers Two More Political Parties by hipinnacle: 2:30pm On Aug 18, 2013
Do you want anybody to toy with your right. I doubt you don’t want such. It is time to stand for your right and right the wrong by embracing change. Today, like www.facebook.com/APCTeamNigeria to join a formidable voice that is creating a platform for change in Nigeria.

It is time 4 change Nigerians.
Re: INEC Registers Two More Political Parties by sleekdre: 3:19pm On Aug 18, 2013
Nigerian political parties are the most archaic..Tell me what is the significancy of each party's logo?

PDP - Umbrella
APC - Broom
APGA - Cockerel etc

(1) (2) (Reply)

All Roads In Owerri Main Town Are In A Sorry State.(pix) / Ekweremadu, More Is Expected Of You-IPOB / Osun 2022: Court Reserves Judgment On PDP Governorship Ticket Tussle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.