Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,519 members, 7,812,611 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:11 PM

Buhari Registers For National Identity Card (photo) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Registers For National Identity Card (photo) (23738 Views)

FG To Merge BVN, Driver’s Licence, National Identity Card / SSA And Son-In-Law To Kebbi Governor And His Business Card (Photo) / El-Rufai Registers His Son In A Public School In Kaduna (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Registers For National Identity Card (photo) by lalasticlala(m): 11:43am On Aug 26, 2015

President Muhammadu Buhari was on Tuesday in Abuja registered by officials of the National Identity Management Commission (NIMC) to enable him to obtain his national identity card.

Fielding questions from State House correspondents after his registration inside the Presidential Villa, Buhari said the exercise would confirm the country’s population, especially of those aged 18 years and above.

“I think this exercise is very important as it will confirm our population and those, who are entitled to vote – that is those, who are 18 years and above.

“It will complement the exercise of the Permanent Voters Card.

“So, for those who want their votes to count from whichever party or constituency, they should ensure that they and their families are properly captured like I have been captured.“

In his remarks, the Director General of NIMC, Mr Chris Onyemenam, said that the exercise was a continuous one.

He said that additional enrolment centres would be established in all Local Government Areas of the federation.

According to him, the commission is also planning to open such centres in hospitals, primary schools, and universities.

He said: “So, every enrolment centre that we have established remains open forever; they are like branches of banks.

“We are taking deliberate steps to ensure that enrolment centres are opened in each local government.

“In collaboration with MDAs, we are now extending it to universities. It will also be extended to primary schools and hospitals.

“With the cooperation we expect from INEC – we are meeting INEC today – it will be extended even further.“

Onyemenam said that the commission had so far captured the data of nearly seven million Nigerians.

“The close to seven million that we have in our data base is the product of the pilot scheme that we embarked upon to demonstrate the value of the scheme,“ he said.

The DG commended Buhari over his recent directive that biometrics data bases in government agencies be expeditiously harmonised. (NAN)

http://leadership.ng/news/456342/buhari-registers-for-national-identity-card

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Registers For National Identity Card (photo) by chymystique(f): 11:45am On Aug 26, 2015
So its now he is doing his own registration and am wondering how this is news.

Awon latecomer.

34 Likes

Re: Buhari Registers For National Identity Card (photo) by adesegun121(m): 11:45am On Aug 26, 2015
Nice one

How many Likes for my better presido...

Omo too handsome..

Agun too Aso looo.

May your life be long...

#ilovemypresidoooo

55 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Registers For National Identity Card (photo) by agarawu23(m): 11:45am On Aug 26, 2015
good
Re: Buhari Registers For National Identity Card (photo) by Paschal001: 11:46am On Aug 26, 2015
Ok
Re: Buhari Registers For National Identity Card (photo) by ammyluv2002(f): 11:48am On Aug 26, 2015
NIMC no dey serious jor. I no know whether na when i die i go collect my ID card

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Registers For National Identity Card (photo) by justi4jesu(f): 11:48am On Aug 26, 2015
ok
Re: Buhari Registers For National Identity Card (photo) by BeeBeeOoh(m): 11:49am On Aug 26, 2015
What it means is that "If Buhari Never Won or became Nigeria president, he wouldn't have enrolled in NIMC registration??

Naija Una Weldone Oh!

19 Likes

Re: Buhari Registers For National Identity Card (photo) by ignis: 11:49am On Aug 26, 2015
Do you call this patrotism or what?

Why is he just doing the registration now?
Where have he been all these while?

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Registers For National Identity Card (photo) by Omotayor123(f): 11:49am On Aug 26, 2015
I have registered since last year November And they are yet to Holla me for pickup as they say...

Abeg wetin they happen

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Registers For National Identity Card (photo) by Nobody: 11:52am On Aug 26, 2015
Sai Buhari

"The DG commended Buhari over his recent directive that biometrics data bases in government agencies be expeditiously harmonised" .This is the must important part moving forward wink

Currently listening to CHICAGO's (If you leave me now) song. That's a masterpiece...listening to good musicals since May 29, 2015 cool

1 Like

Re: Buhari Registers For National Identity Card (photo) by Aminat508(f): 11:57am On Aug 26, 2015
Good
Sai Baba cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Registers For National Identity Card (photo) by mrborntodoit: 11:57am On Aug 26, 2015
Gej work,Buhari dey collect honor

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Registers For National Identity Card (photo) by CR77(f): 12:05pm On Aug 26, 2015
Buhari is super clueless presidoooo

12 Likes

Re: Buhari Registers For National Identity Card (photo) by CR77(f): 12:06pm On Aug 26, 2015
God bless GEJ
mrborntodoit:
Gej work,Buhari dey collect honor

17 Likes

Re: Buhari Registers For National Identity Card (photo) by mrlaw93(m): 12:06pm On Aug 26, 2015
Wat was he waiting for all this yrs.. well, he is still my highly respected president. #SaiBaba

1 Like

Re: Buhari Registers For National Identity Card (photo) by wildchild1: 12:06pm On Aug 26, 2015
kari go baba grin grin

in other news,order your football jerseys
https://www.nairaland.com/2447345/2015-2016-new-jerseys-available/3
Re: Buhari Registers For National Identity Card (photo) by Nobody: 12:07pm On Aug 26, 2015
And the almajiris that voted him in grin cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Registers For National Identity Card (photo) by Godwinfrank1: 12:07pm On Aug 26, 2015
So our presido no get national I.D b4

Cheii

Sai baba
Re: Buhari Registers For National Identity Card (photo) by chynergy1(m): 12:08pm On Aug 26, 2015
so surprise the president is just doing his bio-metric registration now.
he was really out of touch with some realities on ground. undecided undecided undecided

no wonder he is so sloooooooow grin grin grin

8 Likes

Re: Buhari Registers For National Identity Card (photo) by kennyman2000(m): 12:08pm On Aug 26, 2015
Nice one oga presido..

Check my signature for ur customised wristband.
Re: Buhari Registers For National Identity Card (photo) by adesegun121(m): 12:08pm On Aug 26, 2015
chymystique:
So its now he is doing his own registration and am wondering how this is news.

Awon latecomer.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Registers For National Identity Card (photo) by peterkul(m): 12:09pm On Aug 26, 2015
Kudos to buhari......Am waiting for them to register me too
Re: Buhari Registers For National Identity Card (photo) by experimentist: 12:09pm On Aug 26, 2015
BeeBeeOoh:
What it means is that "If Buhari Never Won or became Nigeria president, he wouldn't have enrolled in NIMC registration??

Naija Una Weldone Oh!
Why dey think with your yansh na? na sh'it full inside ur brain
Re: Buhari Registers For National Identity Card (photo) by SPG4U(m): 12:09pm On Aug 26, 2015
Nice one, my guy

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Registers For National Identity Card (photo) by kennyman2000(m): 12:09pm On Aug 26, 2015
shinawe379:
how come he doesnt have at all

He doesnt have at all cos the problems of ur country is bigger than what he could easily squeeze out time to go for such before now..
Re: Buhari Registers For National Identity Card (photo) by Dannidom(m): 12:11pm On Aug 26, 2015
Oga presido ur publicity stunts are unbecoming of ur simplicity mantra

anyway sha #GoBaba

1 Like

Re: Buhari Registers For National Identity Card (photo) by CR77(f): 12:11pm On Aug 26, 2015
Ode tongue
kennyman2000:

He doesnt have at all cos the problems of ur country is bigger than what he could easily squeeze out time to go for such before now..

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Registers For National Identity Card (photo) by Ybnm4life(m): 12:11pm On Aug 26, 2015
See as those people serious like say their life depends on it grin grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

President Muhammadu Buhari Resumes Office, Sends Letter To Senate / Anambra Guber: Eleven Aspirants Call For Cancellation Of APC Primary / Osun Youths Protest High Cost Of Living

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.