Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,536 members, 7,843,661 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 09:28 AM

nigeria cannot disintegrate says ibb at 72 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / nigeria cannot disintegrate says ibb at 72 (805 Views)

I Still Miss Abiola, Says IBB @ 74 / There's A Limit To What I Can Do At 72 - Buhari / Anybody Who Means Well For Nigeria Will Support Jonathan, Says IBB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

nigeria cannot disintegrate says ibb at 72 by ekunokoibo: 12:43am On Aug 17, 2013
CONTRARY to insinuations in some quarters of the possible disintegration of the country in 2015, former military president, General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida has said there is nothing in the horizon to suggest Nigeria will go into extinction.
Speaking during an interactive session with newsmen, the former leader who turned 72 today stated that the current political challenges facing the country are not enough for Nigeria to disintegrate.
“Forget about the country disintegrating in 2015, I cannot see it happening. Nations don’t just go into disintegration. Two, three years before that, the signs would have beenthere; the signs would have been ominous. Certainly there are no such signs today and those talking about disintegration are people I think do not know Nigeria,” he said.
The former head of state, who expressed reservation over the happenings in the political scene, stressed that, “my findings have not indicated any serious threat to the corporate existence of the country in 2015.”
He added: “A country that is about to disintegrate does not happen overnight. From the prevailing circumstances on the ground, there is no imminent danger to the continued existence of the country as one indivisible entity.
“I know it will not happen, although people say all sorts of things simply to cause fears and panic among Nigerians”
According to Babangida, Nigeria is one of the most amazing countries in the world. “When you are outside the country, you will think the country is about to collapse only for you to return and see people smiling andlaughing.”
He reiterated his earlier position never to seek elective office again and declared that he would continue to play a stabilising role in the politics of Nigeria
He said the kind of leaders Nigeria need noware those that believe in the unity of the country and promotes peace and stability of Nigeria.
“I will continue to contribute towards stabilising the nation and not seeking for any political office. We should do everything possible to believe in the country.”
He refused to share the view of former President Olusegun Obasanjo that the younger generation of leaders in the countryhas failed Nigerians, pointing out that some of the young leaders are really doing well without mentioning names.
He, however, said that Obasanjo may have made the remark because a lot is expected from the younger generation of leaders in the country, adding: “Our expectation about the younger generation is very high but there are some other young men that have equally done well; they are not doing badly.”
Babangida acknowledged the efforts being put in by Obasanjo for the peace of the nation, saying that Obasanjo is one of the people in the country who believe in the unity of Nigeriahttp://www.ngrguardiannews.com/national-news/130206--ASUU-will-wait-until-fg-gets-money-says-ex-chairman
Re: nigeria cannot disintegrate says ibb at 72 by Nobody: 1:17am On Aug 17, 2013
“Forget about the country disintegrating in 2015, I cannot see it happening. Nations don’t just go into disintegration. Two, three years before that, the signs would have beenthere; the signs would have been ominous. Certainly there are no such signs today and those talking about disintegration are people I think do not know Nigeria,” he said.

According to Babangida, Nigeria is one of the most amazing countries in the world. “When you are outside the country, you will think the country is about to collapse only for you to return and see people smiling andlaughing.”

Buhahaha!!!! For real I'm now for the Nigerian elite! cool The poor church rats are busy with tribalism.
Re: nigeria cannot disintegrate says ibb at 72 by Aedesmuskeeto: 6:58am On Aug 17, 2013
^^ grin grin grin grin grin
Re: nigeria cannot disintegrate says ibb at 72 by ekunokoibo: 9:18am On Aug 17, 2013
Nigeria must disintegrate
Re: nigeria cannot disintegrate says ibb at 72 by ekunokoibo: 9:20am On Aug 17, 2013
Nigeria must disintegrate
stillwater:

Buhahaha!!!! For real I'm now for the Nigerian elite! cool The poor church rats are busy with tribalism.
are u not part of the poor churchrats also busy with tribalism
or u think people dont know u operate the alternate account toothpaste

1 Like

Re: nigeria cannot disintegrate says ibb at 72 by ekunokoibo: 9:22am On Aug 17, 2013
And why would peole like ibb even want to the country to divide
when they they are the ones that benefit from it most
Re: nigeria cannot disintegrate says ibb at 72 by cKaiser: 9:23am On Aug 17, 2013
ekun oko ibo: And why would peole like ibb even want to the country to divide
when they they are the ones that benefit from it most

Is this fstranger? Akoraye a gbe wa oo grin
Re: nigeria cannot disintegrate says ibb at 72 by ekunokoibo: 9:36am On Aug 17, 2013
cKaiser:

Is this fstranger? Akoraye a gbe wa oo grin
am not fstranger,fstranger is omonnakoda and thelonestranger
Re: nigeria cannot disintegrate says ibb at 72 by cKaiser: 9:38am On Aug 17, 2013
ekun oko ibo: am not fstranger,fstranger is omonnakoda and thelonestranger

Aribisala is Omonnakoda

I thought you were fstranger
Re: nigeria cannot disintegrate says ibb at 72 by Nobody: 2:50pm On Aug 17, 2013
ekun oko ibo: Nigeria must disintegrateare u not part of the poor churchrats also busy with tribalism
or u think people dont know u operate the alternate account toothpaste

Rotflmao, I'm disappointed. How can I go from a classy name like Stillwater to toothpaste? You think we are on the same level. See his own poverty stricken username, lol. Very razz and local. Come on get out of here! See him big mouth like operate.

(1) (Reply)

Archbishop Obinna REJECTS Gov Okorocha's Appointment / Handover Of PHCN Assets Begins Next Week / FG Can't Fund Power Sector - GEJ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.