Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,185 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:25 AM

There's A Limit To What I Can Do At 72 - Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / There's A Limit To What I Can Do At 72 - Buhari (56936 Views)

What I Saw At A Rich Politician's Party. / Ex-Minister Of Education Olaiya Oni Dies 72 / At 72,there's A Limit To What I Can Do -president Buhari Admits (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

There's A Limit To What I Can Do At 72 - Buhari by tawa89(f): 6:06pm On Jun 16, 2015
PRESIDENT Muhammadu Buhari has expressed regrets that he did not become the president at a younger age as there is a limit to what he can do at the age of 72.

He made the assertion on Monday while addressing members of the Nigerian community in Johannesburg, South Africa, where he also vowed that the All Progressives Congress (APC) will "kill" corruption in the country.

The president, who recalled his times as state governor, petroleum minister and military head of state, also explained that he repeatedly contested the presidency because of his belief in the practicability of conducting free and fair election in the country.

He expressed confidence in the unity of the country, saying that even though there are some 'crazy' people who talk about the disintegration of the country, the country will never break up.

Buhari stated: "How I wish I became Head of State when I was a governor, just a few years as a young man. Now at 72, there is a limit to what I can do.

"But what brought me there I think mainly is because I love this country. I was in the war front for 30 months during the civil war. I lost a lot of loyal people to me, I lost relatives. A lot of Nigerians did too.

"We lost about two million Nigerians just to keep Nigeria one. So, nobody should come now and tell us rubbish. We are going to remain one country. God has given us another opportunity to reorganise this country. Those who work hard, the society will pay them back."

He said he had been told that there were 83 Nigerians in South African jails, disclosing that he would discuss the matter with President Jacob Zuma during his planned visit to Nigeria in the near future.

Buhari also revealed that he would inquire from the South African president about the whereabouts of the $9.7 million the Goodluck Jonathan's administration had transferred to South Africa for the botched arms purchase.

The president added: "I refused to speak from this draft speech because I wanted to speak to you from the bottom of my heart. Please, keep Nigeria's pride close to your heart, make sure you behave yourselves. If you find yourselves here, obey their laws. Where you don't obey their laws, you will have to bear the consequences.

"I'm told they are 83 Nigerians in prison, I don't know what they have done but I spoke to the President of South Africa this afternoon. He wants to come to Nigeria. There are issues he knows to talk about, I will certainly talk to him.

"I hope our ambassador will send a comprehensive report about the court cases, about those who lost properties during the disturbances and at that time, I will attempt to ask him about our $9.7 million which was not correctly transferred."

http://tribuneonlineng.com/content/theres-limit-what-i-can-do-72-buhari

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: There's A Limit To What I Can Do At 72 - Buhari by tawa89(f): 6:07pm On Jun 16, 2015

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: There's A Limit To What I Can Do At 72 - Buhari by izuch(m): 6:07pm On Jun 16, 2015
Why him no talk am when him dey campaign?

345 Likes 21 Shares

Re: There's A Limit To What I Can Do At 72 - Buhari by efilefun(m): 6:07pm On Jun 16, 2015
JUST CHECKING MY MEMORY CARD

*Buhari will die before the Election - Ayo Fayose

*Buhari is brain dead - Mama Peace

*If APC survives till October 2014, call me a bastard.- Doyin Okupe

*Mark my words, It will not happen for Buhari to rule Nigeria. - Doyin Okupe.

*If APC wins, I will go on exile. - Bode George.

*Buhari can never win in Yorubaland. - Gani Adams.

*Jonathan will shock APC with defeat. - FFK

*If Jonathan loses, we would set Nigeria on fire. - Asari Dokubo.

*We instigated the 6 weeks postponement so that Jonathan can win. - Fasehun

*I will deliver 1 million votes to Jonathan in Ondo state. - Mimiko

*We shall deliver the South West votes to Jonathan. - Afenifere

*Tinubu is no longer a force in the South West. - Yinka Odumakin.

*Buhari at 70 wears diapers like my mother. - Fayose

*Jonathan already has Lagos votes. - Musiliu..

When God says YES nobody can say NO including all those "Paid prophets that said the GATE of HELL would be opened" #GodWin

280 Likes 15 Shares

Re: There's A Limit To What I Can Do At 72 - Buhari by DULLARDipo: 6:07pm On Jun 16, 2015
Finally, baba acknowledges he's too old to do what only young and healthy men can do

203 Likes 15 Shares

Re: There's A Limit To What I Can Do At 72 - Buhari by tawa89(f): 6:08pm On Jun 16, 2015
And Aso Rock is not a retirement home Sir!

239 Likes 12 Shares

Re: There's A Limit To What I Can Do At 72 - Buhari by DaGC(m): 6:08pm On Jun 16, 2015
Bros abeg, them force you? undecided

149 Likes 10 Shares

Re: There's A Limit To What I Can Do At 72 - Buhari by doublewisdom: 6:09pm On Jun 16, 2015
Finally he admits it.

138 Likes 9 Shares

Re: There's A Limit To What I Can Do At 72 - Buhari by tawa89(f): 6:09pm On Jun 16, 2015
Ishilove Lalasticala Front page please.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: There's A Limit To What I Can Do At 72 - Buhari by raayah(f): 6:09pm On Jun 16, 2015
Is he just learning this now?

72 Likes 5 Shares

Re: There's A Limit To What I Can Do At 72 - Buhari by viczing(m): 6:10pm On Jun 16, 2015
izuch:
Why him no talk am when him dey campaign?

Good question for mr dullard and his e followers

112 Likes 10 Shares

Re: There's A Limit To What I Can Do At 72 - Buhari by adioolayi(m): 6:11pm On Jun 16, 2015
We know that Baba...we just need you to wash away this corruption disease..... please save Nigeria!
#OCCUPYNASS2015
#Noto9Billion

55 Likes 4 Shares

Re: There's A Limit To What I Can Do At 72 - Buhari by neutrotoba(m): 6:16pm On Jun 16, 2015
GEJ always read drafted speech

When he didn't, he said stuffs like "Stealing is not corruption"
"I don't know where the girls are (meaning I don't have a clue. Which could also mean am Clueless), you people know more than me"

God bless PMB

92 Likes 4 Shares

Re: There's A Limit To What I Can Do At 72 - Buhari by tawa89(f): 6:22pm On Jun 16, 2015
Everything this Government has done since inception has been disappointing..... but I'll still give them time.

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: There's A Limit To What I Can Do At 72 - Buhari by ricsman(m): 6:30pm On Jun 16, 2015
well spoken from the chest.but try and intervene in NASS matter o. them wan share #9b for cloth. I even they vex for that one them they call seating allowee. how pay somebody to sit down n do his/her work.

plsssss intervene o

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: There's A Limit To What I Can Do At 72 - Buhari by doctokwus: 6:32pm On Jun 16, 2015
I doubt baba made that statement,despite the contrived quote from tribune.
No other news media quoted these same words attributed to PMB.
Vanguard,the cable and tribune have been known to contrive quotes and twist words to suit their interpretation of news.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: There's A Limit To What I Can Do At 72 - Buhari by tawa89(f): 6:32pm On Jun 16, 2015
Doctokwus...what's your view on the OP?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: There's A Limit To What I Can Do At 72 - Buhari by PointB: 6:32pm On Jun 16, 2015
Is it just his age? How about his dinosaur brain, and his semi-literate status?

Instead of him to concentrate on rearing his 150 cows, he want to steer Nigeria.

I fitn't laff.

Continue to stress yourself Duara dullard. grin cheesy

79 Likes 6 Shares

Re: There's A Limit To What I Can Do At 72 - Buhari by doctokwus: 6:35pm On Jun 16, 2015
tawa89:
Doctokwus...what's your view on the OP?
The op is one pained and suffering hater.
Baba even at 80 would be a far better ruler than all the fishermen combined with their fake pH.D's .

39 Likes

Re: There's A Limit To What I Can Do At 72 - Buhari by blezzymoore: 6:56pm On Jun 16, 2015
Baba carry go
Nothing do u
We dey ur back

5 Likes

Re: There's A Limit To What I Can Do At 72 - Buhari by hotice01: 7:15pm On Jun 16, 2015
neutrotoba:
GEJ always read drafted speech

When he didn't, he said stuffs like "Stealing is not corruption"
"I don't know where the girls are (meaning I don't have a clue. Which could also mean am Clueless), you people know more than me"

God bless PMB

And PMB has been better with stuffs like 'President Michelle of West Germany','I would regulate world oil prices'.I don't need to expanciate the meanings and implications of these statements,I'm sure u can cynically deduce them.

For Godsake,leave GEJ alone.ain't u tired of bashing him even after he is out of government?Focus on the present and not the past,cuz he who focuses on only the past and not the present will never be ready for the future.tongue

151 Likes 14 Shares

Re: There's A Limit To What I Can Do At 72 - Buhari by neutrotoba(m): 7:19pm On Jun 16, 2015
hotice01:

And PMB has been better with stuffs like 'President Michelle of West Germany','I would regulate world oil prices'.I don't need to expanciate the meanings and implications of these statements,I'm sure u can cynically deduce them.

For Godsake,leave GEJ alone.ain't u tired of bashing him even after he is out of government?Focus on the present and not the past,cuz he who focuses on only the past and not the present will never be ready for the future.tongue
Tell that to the "Daura President" chanters

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: There's A Limit To What I Can Do At 72 - Buhari by CR77(f): 7:23pm On Jun 16, 2015
But u can still give order to ur boys

57 Likes 2 Shares

Re: There's A Limit To What I Can Do At 72 - Buhari by eleojo23: 7:23pm On Jun 16, 2015
We know but it's too late to give that excuse.
Baba, the die is already cast!

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: There's A Limit To What I Can Do At 72 - Buhari by knightsTempler: 7:23pm On Jun 16, 2015
undecided

14 Likes

Re: There's A Limit To What I Can Do At 72 - Buhari by Autolord: 7:24pm On Jun 16, 2015
You know the challenges facing Nigeria, you know you can do little or nothing to solve the problems facing Nigeria because of your age, yet you deceived Nigerians to voting you

32 Likes

Re: There's A Limit To What I Can Do At 72 - Buhari by Sijo01(f): 7:24pm On Jun 16, 2015
Hmmmmm, Babaonechance, are you just realizing that?......... It's not too late to resign and let somebody without age limitations take over.

23 Likes

Re: There's A Limit To What I Can Do At 72 - Buhari by joystickextendr: 7:24pm On Jun 16, 2015
okay
Re: There's A Limit To What I Can Do At 72 - Buhari by daamazing(m): 7:24pm On Jun 16, 2015
falls from mango tree.so u know know wen u dey contest.smH

17 Likes

Re: There's A Limit To What I Can Do At 72 - Buhari by DICKtator: 7:24pm On Jun 16, 2015
What!

Hope he hasn't started to give excuses for foreseen incompetence?

Perhaps his eyes have finally opened and it has dawned on him that it is not easy to be the POFRON (NO BE POTUS DEM DE CALL OBAMA?)

he had better call GEJ and let him know that "he no do again ooo!!!"

grin grin grin grin

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: There's A Limit To What I Can Do At 72 - Buhari by naijainfogalery: 7:25pm On Jun 16, 2015
baba the people wey vote u knows that so just wipe corruption and give us light i go vote you back even when you are in the grave

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: There's A Limit To What I Can Do At 72 - Buhari by daamazing(m): 7:25pm On Jun 16, 2015
CR77:
hi,evening

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Senate Passes 46 Bills In 10mins / Oshiomhole Spotted Listening To Tinubu At Chatham House With Rapt Attention / Pics Of The Boko Haram Members Killed Today & The Foreign Currency Recovered

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.